Quantcast

» «
Photo

Right come on now are R* going to seriously patch these cops?

96 replies to this topic
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Admittedly it can be annoying. The other day I was hiding from the cops under a bridge with none of them in sight and all of a sudden they found me although I have no idea how they could've when not even the helicopter could see me. It's like in some instances when you try to hide they gravitate to your location.

I think the system they have is actually really good. I like that we have to hide from them, but lets get serious it's very flawed. Still it doesn't ruin my experience, but it definitely has its faults.

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

I agree, cops are dumb as f*ck 100% confirmed

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Yes, please please please patch it!

The cops remind me of the cops from Driver now, and that is BAD.

They are "Rubber Band" cops now, which means that no matter how fast you are, they always seem to catch up to you. Come on rockstar...

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

I think it's fine. I can get away no problem lol. Diss.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Since you did it again....
Your op says you can't 'do sh*t' without having to waste time evading the cops delaying you from getting places. I offered a solution to that but apparently you didn't like that solution.
When the solution to your problem is 'don't be a moron' and your response is 'I don't want to stop being a moron' then the problem is you. My two year old has better sense than that.

Dude stfu you dont even know what your debating against.

My problem is not with evading the cops or what you recommended

"Do not do sh*t because if you get wanted despite no witnesses being around due to the buggy wanted system. Its your fault"

Nice problem solving there sherlock. Why dont you actually listen when I tell you its the fact that I cannot do sh*t without getting wanted due to the buggy nature of the system. Why dont you watch the two videos and explain them to me then buddy?

God I love winding up trolls. Its a character flaw I know.

Changing your argument when someone proves you wrong isn't debating, its straight out of 'trolling for beginners'.

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by RealTuff, 05 October 2013 - 02:54 AM.

Must admit, it does kill the mood a bit gunning down someone in the desert after a long shoot out only to have the magical omniscient police force begin to close in on me.

Silenced weapons should be given more leeway too, I stopped using them completely and normally I like to have at least one on me in any game.

edit: Escaping them is no problem, you just need to stay calm rather than plowing into everything that appears before you. I like the line of sight, I've dodged helicopters by inches by shoving my body up against a wall of a building it's been flying over. 

dooshtoomun
  • dooshtoomun

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

I agree. If I kill someone in the middle of nowhere with no one else around, why should the police get a report? Same goes with blowing up vehicles. I'm not asking for a simulator or anything, just something that makes a bit of sense.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by FutoDriver, 05 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

I can agree with the point of stealth seeming to be 'broken' in the game and silencers not having the impact on the game as they should. However, I am genuinely confused as to why people think the police in this game are some unbeatable gods? Are you guys trying to do a stand off with them? You will eventually lose against trained marksmen as it should be.

Yet the complaints aren't about escaping them because that is EASY to do - so it's EASY to avoid any drama with the police in the game...yet they still need to be nerfed?

I just don't understand.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

I can agree with the point of stealth seeming to be 'broken' in the game and silencers not having the impact on the game as they should. However, I am genuinely confused as to why people think the police in this game are some unbeatable gods? Are you guys trying to do a stand off with them? You will eventually lose against trained marksmen as it should be.

Yet the complaints aren't about escaping them because that is EASY to do - so it's EASY to avoid any drama with the police in the game...yet they still need to be nerfed?

I just don't understand.

Its a nuisance.

Sure, It isn't very hard to escape, But when you are getting cops ALL the time for ridiculous reasons, It becomes extremely annoying and tiresome.

BzzdLghtyr
  • BzzdLghtyr

Team X Bladz Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think generally the Police Officer Artificial Intelligence could be improved upon.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

i agree. the police ruin the game for me. it used to be fun getting chased by them but in V it's just a pain in the ass. they literally rape you with bullets....step out of your car and try shoot them and you WILL die within seconds even with bullet vest.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

I agree actually I've just begun the game and when I killed someone and hid in a booth when no cops were around but then they somehow knew and literally just walked right into the booth and wasted me.  

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

They should at least tone down the batmobile thrusters that every cop car seems to have...

Blackveiled
  • Blackveiled

Medic

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by Blackveiled, 05 October 2013 - 06:07 AM.

Here, I will make this easy and consolidate all of the issues with cops all in one post. You can all debate over it and cry all you want, however the system IS NOT functioning properly, but its also not a priority for Rockstar to fix immediately.

* Radar & Line of Sight - This is a great addition for the players. You can see the distance a cop can see you, and you are able to predict when cops are around you.

It is a good concept, however slightly broken. For example, the police will see you when they shouldn't see you on the radar. Another problem is that you can see patrolling cops, but you don't know where a walking patrol is at, so this can easily bring your stars back, and you won't even see it coming.

* Chases - The cops are a lot more aggressive in the game than any previous GTA. The police patrol vehicle can move unexpectedly quick, and they will ram your vehicle, not usually a big deal and maybe it is just me but I find myself being spun out just by being rammed, and I can never tell when they are going to ram me. I find it really crappy that I can use a sports car with all mods upgraded and drive extremely fast, yet I still find it difficult to get patrol cars off of my back. So I have to work with it and drive way off the road up mountains to get away, and occasionally they are still able to tail you. Another issue is how cops are able to follow each and every move you make. These guys are super cops I tell you, I make an extremely sudden turn in an attempt to psyche them out...No. They are still on my ass, they have superhuman reflex, unless you are Franklin of course. Now, with 1-2 stars the patrol cars are not too bad, but once you hit 3 stars you get swarmed by patrol cars and also have a helicopter overhead which apparently has the best marksmen in the entire world shooting you. After 3 stars, you are pretty much f*cked if you stop your vehicle, that is assuming that you did not place yourself in a decent area with lots of cover. But cover will not help you stay alive.

* Stealth - Either this attribute has an intended use or its useless. I am pretty sure it is broken because pressing L3 will not keep you hidden, it just further increases your chances of getting killed, since the cops always "know" where you are at. It's also blatantly obvious they always know where you are at too. It is not a cooincidence that you decide to chill in a alley in a nice covered and concealed area to stay out of sight, then here comes the police strolling in like they knew the entire time. This applies pretty much anywhere in the map.

* Sensitivity - Apparently its against the law to walk by a police officer..NO. Its against the law to look at a police officer, and all of the civilians are extremely paranoid, hell they will call the cops if you even walk past them, as if you are a criminal for being alive. I also find it strange that I could be minding my own business (this happened to me once) and a police officer I never even saw walks up to me and is like Die mother f*cker! (I didn't even have any stars or provoke him. He just felt the need to walk in my alley and kill me.)

* Suppressors - Dont bother wasting your GTA$ on a suppressor. It works, you won't hear sh*t. But every police officer in San Andreas heard it, so even if you are in the middle of nowhere and alone you might as well just drop the suppressor. The sound of the bolt and gunpowder is already enough.

* Taking cover in combat - Using R1 for cover is awesome, but sucks because I can be trying to take cover by a car directly beside me and my character thinks he should take cover behind some glass like 10 feet away. Oh yeah, and then I die because the game wanted to have a retard moment and put me completely in the open to die.

* Player Health - It is pathetic, some weapons are not effective, and some weapons are too effective (like the Police's Shotguns). I dont deserve to die in one shot without a chance because some douche cop flanks my ass and says Oh sup, heres a shotgun TO THE FACE.

I probably left some sh*t out but I think that about covers it.
  • TehTacoGuy likes this

Blackveiled
  • Blackveiled

Medic

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

Also to add to that, cops ARE easy to avoid if you are careful and pay attention to your surroundings, but once you are in their sights you need to haul ass. Once you are no longer visible to the cops, you really need to slow your roll, and take every possible turn or alley way to avoid being seen again. If there is a helicopter tracking you, you need to move at a fast speed, using the same strategy you do with police cars, but quicker, and preferably go for tunnels or parking garages (large parking garages too with a lot of floors then go to the second highest floor so a cop doesnt sneak up on you and says Sup bro..you get the picture). If you have 4-5 stars...just go full retard, start driving anywhere you wouldnt drive, like train track tunnels, and up massive hills your car should never be able to drive up, but apparently can.
  • TehTacoGuy likes this

lucame
  • lucame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

we dont like you and i think you, OP, have downs.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by Thebull94, 05 October 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Your op says you can't 'do sh*t' without having to waste time evading the cops delaying you from getting places. I offered a solution to that but apparently you didn't like that solution.
When the solution to your problem is 'don't be a moron' and your response is 'I don't want to stop being a moron' then the problem is you. My two year old has better sense than that.

"Do not do sh*t because if you get wanted despite no witnesses being around due to the buggy wanted system. Its your fault"

Nice problem solving there sherlock. Why dont you actually listen when I tell you its the fact that I cannot do sh*t without getting wanted due to the buggy nature of the system. Why dont you watch the two videos and explain them to me then buddy?

Changing your argument when someone proves you wrong isn't debating, its straight out of 'trolling for beginners'.

You are stupid you really are :L

However humour me. How did you make me change my argument?

I said in my 'initial' post.

"Regardless of the witnesses'

Meaning you will get a wanted level regardless who (if anyone) sees you.

So my special friend. Tell me. How did I 'change' my argument :)?

EDIT:

Also I would like to direct everyones attention to a previous topic I made:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063584124

Notice how in that topic I say every bit of criticism this game receives is passed of as trolling. Notice the worm that profoundly foolish bro is using. 'Troll'

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:28 AM Edited by BenjamiSKATE, 05 October 2013 - 10:29 AM.

EDIT:

Notice how in that topic I say every bit of criticism this game receives is passed of as trolling. Notice the worm that profoundly foolish bro is using. 'Troll'

I actually f*cking love you. You are the King of this forum and I salute you. I am putting you in my sig as a legend of this community. Hats off to you, "thebull94"!

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

EDIT:

I actually f*cking love you. You are the King of this forum and I salute you. I am putting you in my sig as a legend of this community. Hats off to you, "thebull94"!

CHEERS BRO! xoxox

mrboulong
  • mrboulong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

everyone like me who is sick of cops gravitating to my location even though im hid out of sight in a bush, or they keep respawning in front of you etc, please send your emails to mouthoff@rockstargames.com and tell them to patch it. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I was looking at the stuff in the shelves at 24/7, no weapon or anything. Then a NPC called the cops and I got 1 star. Which turned into 2 stars pretty quick and it  ended at the other end of the city.

Also standing near cops gives you a wanted level.

Pretty weird. Standing still is not allowed in the game.

i had that happen to me except in a gun store.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

we dont like you and i think you, OP, have downs.

be quiet.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 09 October 2013 - 05:03 PM.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OP

you made this thread mad as sh*t didnt you ?

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

TOPSPEEDS ARE RIDICULOUSLY LOW IN OTHER GTAS YOU COULDN´T MAX THE CARS. IN THIS THEY ACCELERATE LIKE HELL AND HAVE A TOPSPEED OF 9MPH sh*t

.DRIVING IS NOT REALISTIC AT ALL CAN ROLLOVER THE CAR WITH THE JOYSTICK BUT THE DAMAGE TO THE CAR AND THE PLAYER IS BEYOND REALISTIC EXAGERATE.

GREAT GAME, BUT TOO SERIOUS

ALL SHOW AND NO GO
CLASSIC CONTROLS  BACK
IT´S WATCH YOUR ASS AUTO NOW.
THEY DON´T LET YOU RAMPAGE.
( BUT THEY FEATURE THE MISSION :
TORTURE THE DARK-SKINNED GUY, RIGHT)

THEY LEFT LOT OF THE FUN STUFF OUT
THEY WERE SO BUSY WITH THE SCENERY AND THE "REALISM"

THAT THEY FORGOT WHAT GTA IS ABOUT

DON´T GIVE A .... IF LEAVES FROM TREES MOVE WITH THE WIND.

NO 6 STAR WANTED LEVEL
F E W E R   K E V L A R   T H A N   E V E R
COPS ARE TOO SMART AND HAPPY TRIGGERED.
CAN´T EVEN START A FIGHT WITHOUT THEM ALL OVER
THEIR CARS ARE ROCKETS.
PLAYER IS TOO WEAK.(JUMP A WALL AND IF IT´S TOO HIGH
OR YOU´RE TOO CLOSE OR JUMP LATER
 IT JUST BREAKS HIS HEAD AGAINST IT)
FAR TOO MUCH CAR CRASH DEATH.
THE CARS ARE RUINED AFTER JUST 2 CRASHES. EVEN HITTING A CAVALCADE WITH THE CLUB. IT ENDS UP DESTROYED IS IT MADE OF BUTTER?
THE WHEELS GET JAMMED AND YOU´RE GOING NOWHERE
YOU END IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WITH AN OFFROADER
THAT CAN´T DO 10MPH OF COURSE YOU CAN JUST STEAL
ANOTHER CAR ( IF ANY APPEAR ) BUT YOU TUNE THE RANGE ROVER
FULL AND IT YOU HAVE TO THROW IT AWAY AFTER JUMPING 2 TIMES
IT´S NONSENSE
BIGGER GARAGES, PARKING LOTS,WHATEVER
CAN´T EVEN ENTER IN YOUR PROPERTIES
2147 MILLION ( WITH LESTER MISSIONS STOCK STRATEGY) AND...
NO HOUSES TO BUY
NO COMPANIES TO BUY(AND COULD BE A LOT )
NOTHING IN THE SEA
3 OUTSIDE CAR CAMERAS. WHY? WHEN YOU FLOOR IT
AND YOU NEED TO SEE WHAT´S COMING THE CAMERA
JUST PULLS BACK. THE CAR IS ALMOST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN
FOR EXAMPLE WITH FRANKLINS BRAVADO BUFFALO IT´S JUST PERFECT BUT
WITH TREVOR´S CRAPMOBILE GOES SO FAR AWAY YOU CAN´T SEE NOTHING
NO SPEEDOMETER ( NEVER )
NO TRAIN MISSIONS OR DRIVING
NO PARAMEDIC MISSIONS.
NO POLICE MISSIONS!!!!
NO FIREMEN MISSIONS.
NO LORRY MISSIONS.
NO PIMP MISSIONS.

NO PIZZABOY MISSIONS
NO BUS DRIVER MISSIONS(IN A MISSION)
NO LOWRIDER COMPETITION
NO GANG WARS
NO GANGS, JUST THE LOST
NO MR.WHOOPEE CRACKSELLING MISSIONS(VICECITY)
NO FLAMETHROWER ( SO FAR )

NO NITROUS.
NO WHEELIES WITH BIKES OR QUADS 0.0 METERS OF WHEELIES
(CHECK OUT IN YOUR OWN STATISTICS )

NO TIRESMOKE ( RIDICULOUS )
NO RACING EXHAUST FOR SUPERCARS?

MODIFIED TIRES ARE NARROWER THAN STANDARDS
VAPID SANDKING IS REAR WHEEL DRIVE DOESN´T CLIMB A sh*t
TOPSPEED OF SUPERS AND BIKES IS NOT ENOUGH
THEY TAKE THE MONEY AND YOU DON´T GET THE BOATS OR CHOPPERS.
BUZZARD IS CRAP.(IN IV WAS GREAT)
TANK IS USELESS.
THE CAMERA LOOPS WITH THE PLANE.
THE NOSE CAR CAMERA IS NOW USELESS.
NOT IN FULL HD 1080P
AND AIMING IS JUST CRAP. IT ALWAYS AIMS FIRST THE GUYS THAT
ARE FAR AWAY AND YOU HAVE A DUDE 1 METER IN FRONT OF YOU
SHOOTING IN YOUR FACE AND IT AIMS ANYONE BUT HIM

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Valde85, you made me laugh. I can't even find fault with most of your points. There was a couple I didn't agree with but I could only find the gang one rereading.

The jumping over walls really f*cked me off, I think I know the perfect height for a wall to jump at now, because I haven't headbutted one for a while. As your stamina and strength goes up it would make more sense to be able to scale larger walls, perhaps with some basic parkour.

The lack of gangs isn't true though, there are quite a few but you don't really come into contact with them outside the missions except for a few times, you've probably noticed The Lost most because they repeatedly chase Trevor.

"IT´S WATCH YOUR ASS AUTO NOW."

lol'd

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

LOL f*cking children trying to play GTA... just because you dont like a challenge, doesnt mean its bad.

• Moopato likes this

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

This was in every GTA and will be in every GTA. Grow some balls,, fight the police and spawn at the nearest hospital

• Moopato likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I hate it how it takes forever for the cops to stop looking for you when you're out of their line of sight.

This  :^:

I wouldn't have a problem with the wanted system if it didn't take so f*cking long for the stars to stop flashing once you evade the pigs. 

Fockstrot
  • Fockstrot

the bee's knees

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

I was looking at the stuff in the shelves at 24/7, no weapon or anything. Then a NPC called the cops and I got 1 star. Which turned into 2 stars pretty quick and it  ended at the other end of the city.

Also standing near cops gives you a wanted level.

Pretty weird. Standing still is not allowed in the game.

You'll get a star if you go into one you robbed before if you aren't wearing a mask.

Moopato
  • Moopato

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I hope they don't make anything in the game easier. I'm good at the game, so i can get away from cops whenever i really want to, i can out shoot them, etc.  If you want an easier game play call of Duty, or get better. 

This situation is extremely typical as well. One close minded teenager wants the game to change because he's not good enough to get what he wants in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users