Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am i the only one who is extremely disappointed by gta online?

24 replies to this topic
blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

When i first got the game i was impressed on the solo as it has great graphics and a good concept ( Even though im not a fan of switching characters) i still had a blast doing the solo missions and still have a bit of fun exploring. 

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

When i first got the game i was impressed on the solo as it has great graphics and a good concept ( Even though im not a fan of switching characters) i still had a blast doing the solo missions and still have a bit of fun exploring. 

So apart from having "great graphics" "Good concept" "a blast doing the solo missions" and "fun exploring" Where is your disappointment? Because your post seems to indicate the opposite of disappointment.

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

So apart from having "great graphics" "Good concept" "a blast doing the solo missions" and "fun exploring" Where is your disappointment? Because your post seems to indicate the opposite of disappointment.

I was talking about solo in there. Im disipointed by online.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I haven't touched it yet, so I cannot say I am disappointed.  However, the question for me is Am I enjoying it?  I hate online modes.  I played RDR's and GTAIV's onine modes for about 3 hours and never went back to it.  The thing I am wanting to do in this version are the heists and creating my own heists.  As such, I'm not going to touch it until next month.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

GT: Preparation G

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yes you are

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

I haven't touched it yet, so I cannot say I am disappointed.  However, the question for me is Am I enjoying it?  I hate online modes.  I played RDR's and GTAIV's onine modes for about 3 hours and never went back to it.  The thing I am wanting to do in this version are the heists and creating my own heists.  As such, I'm not going to touch it until next month.

I just checked my social club R* account and it said that ive played only 11 min and i dont like it. I agree with you about RDR and Gta iv online i didnt enjoy it too much. And if you dont mind me asking whats coming out next month or why are you waiting till next month?

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I agree, it is a good concept. I think Rockstar a  little overextended themselves with this one.  I don't think they had all the resources to manage online properly so its kind of a game of catchup.  I think they half-assed single player because Online stole the focus. I mean, just look where all the customization and properties to buy are; online, even though they could easily also be in SP.

Ever since the game was released I don't think there could be a more unanimous cry out against the cops. Yet, they've got bigger fish to fry and care about. At this point I think Rockstar is saying, "We hear you about the cops. Suck it up. We're not changing them."

I'm certainly not buying a midnight release of the next game.

• blue24korn24 likes this

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I tried GTA Online once. I got through the first cutscene and then it was all 'Waiting for players' infinitely. Also, the textures loaded slow as hell so most of the time the cutscene existed of blurry buildings and streets.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by Terminus, 05 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Yeah the beginning blew, for sure.  It was clunky as hell, and still is.  Having to deal with Lamar when I just wanted to play online was also annoying.

Also, I can't really find a game or get online unless I choose "Choose Character" from the single-player pause menu.  Thats the only option that works all the time for me.

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I agree, it is a good concept. I think Rockstar a  little overextended themselves with this one.  I don't think they had all the resources to manage online properly so its kind of a game of catchup.  I think they half-assed single player because Online stole the focus. I mean, just look where all the customization and properties to buy are; online, even though they could easily also be in SP.

Ever since the game was released I don't think there could be a more unanimous cry out against the cops. Yet, they've got bigger fish to fry and care about. At this point I think Rockstar is saying, "We hear you about the cops. Suck it up. We're not changing them."

I'm certainly not buying a midnight release of the next game.

Your post wraps up everything in a nutshell. I strongly agree with you about online even though ive only played 11 min. Every game tries to make their online better because obviously 90% of the people buy to play with their friends lets use call of duty for example because the main focus is always to make online better and they just kind of stick a single player together. Hopefully we will get some good dlc that makes me want to continue playing this game.

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I tried GTA Online once. I got through the first cutscene and then it was all 'Waiting for players' infinitely. Also, the textures loaded slow as hell so most of the time the cutscene existed of blurry buildings and streets.

Same thing happened to me man. I'm the kind of guy who goes by a  first impression if i don't get appealed by it at first i don't want anything to do with it.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

So in a nutshell you're saying GTA V isn't enough of a game for you? The game that has across the boards of critics hit 9.9's if not 10's by people that get paid to know, play, and review not only games, but game mechanics, story, programming, sound, visuals things that never even cross your mind and your "disappointed" either by the online, or saying that the story wasn't captivating enough.
Srsly guys.... Guys srsly....

>idonteven.jpeg

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

So in a nutshell you're saying GTA V isn't enough of a game for you? The game that has across the boards of critics hit 9.9's if not 10's by people that get paid to know, play, and review not only games, but game mechanics, story, programming, sound, visuals things that never even cross your mind and your "disappointed" either by the online, or saying that the story wasn't captivating enough.
Srsly guys.... Guys srsly....

>idonteven.jpeg

Every game is reviewed and gone through with game mechanics dosnt make them good. I never said i dont like this game i loved playing the solo missions but you have to agree with terminus ALL the properties are online. I enjoyed playing the solo story they were mad fun but online didnt appeal to me thats all. Its a personal opinion. Some people love it some people hate it thats all dumb*ss

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Rudolf, 05 October 2013 - 04:57 PM.

To be honest I wasn't too impressed with GTA5 either. I just had more expectations.. more interior in single player, more stuff 'to do', and the map itself, even though it's gigantic, it's still mostly desert and the city is all clutched together. I would've liked a new San Andreas type of map where you have different area's and not black and white the way it is now (desert or city).

P.S. Just because a game gets great reviews doesn't mean everyone agrees with those reviewers.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Game mechanics are devices used in the game as a sort of tool or interface ability, for example in GTA V switching characters is a gameplay mechanic. And no I don't have to agree with Terminus on the matter of all properties being online because it's simply untrue. No you can't buy a new house in singleplayer. And for everyone wondering why it's because Michael has a family. Now this may confound some of you but think about it. How could Michael up and move out of his own house while he still has a family. "But he could buy a safehouse!" Sure he could but what is the point in that? Spending money, money that is not so easily obtained save for a heist or two which would be better spent on properties to manage so that you can actually receive income rather it on a shell of a house that sits like a taunting reminder of wasted money. "But what about the other characters they cou-" let me stop you right there. Why limit one character while the other two are free to throw their money at a realtor and watch their house rot from termite infestation? Because it's called character balancing. Not everyone has the same favorite playable character and when you cause that imbalance between playable characters it creates. CAT 5 sh*tstorm the like of which you've never seen. Rockstar knew it would make some people upset as far as single player, but nowhere near upset as people would be if Michael couldn't purchase houses while Trevor and Franklin end up paying $30 million dollars in mortgage. Believe me, aside from some minor bugs (losing cars, blimp missing on some accounts) Rockstar has put much more thought into any idea/complaint that people had. They've been thinking about all of them for 6 six years now whereas you've put maybe what a day or two's amount of brainpower in it? So have a little faith in the fact that Rockstar paid more than most top tier production studios pay for blockbuster movies.
Oh and that dumbass remark? Oh ho, how cute. That's adorable

Anti Hero
  • Anti Hero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

For some reason gtao is less fun than solo. More players per sever is definitely needed, as of now everyone is too spread apart. And the passive mode is f*cking stupid. 

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Game mechanics are devices used in the game as a sort of tool or interface ability, for example in GTA V switching characters is a gameplay mechanic. And no I don't have to agree with Terminus on the matter of all properties being online because it's simply untrue. No you can't buy a new house in singleplayer. And for everyone wondering why it's because Michael has a family. Now this may confound some of you but think about it. How could Michael up and move out of his own house while he still has a family. "But he could buy a safehouse!" Sure he could but what is the point in that? Spending money, money that is not so easily obtained save for a heist or two which would be better spent on properties to manage so that you can actually receive income rather it on a shell of a house that sits like a taunting reminder of wasted money. "But what about the other characters they cou-" let me stop you right there. Why limit one character while the other two are free to throw their money at a realtor and watch their house rot from termite infestation? Because it's called character balancing. Not everyone has the same favorite playable character and when you cause that imbalance between playable characters it creates. CAT 5 sh*tstorm the like of which you've never seen. Rockstar knew it would make some people upset as far as single player, but nowhere near upset as people would be if Michael couldn't purchase houses while Trevor and Franklin end up paying $30 million dollars in mortgage. Believe me, aside from some minor bugs (losing cars, blimp missing on some accounts) Rockstar has put much more thought into any idea/complaint that people had. They've been thinking about all of them for 6 six years now whereas you've put maybe what a day or two's amount of brainpower in it? So have a little faith in the fact that Rockstar paid more than most top tier production studios pay for blockbuster movies.

I agree and disagree with you. I understand what your saying but theres not much to do with the map. sure you can go on your boat plane whatever you have and climb mountains whatever but what else can you do? Cant buy new houses, cant spend the money that youve made. I have 1.9 billion what should i do with all this money since you know everything.  

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Let's try some Boolean values here...
If(you haven't completed 100%) then(complete 100%)
If(100% completed) then a(solve the Infinite 8 mystery) b(mt chilliad leads) c(experiment with cheats and game mechanic [gasoline trail leading to a sticky bomb under tanker]) or d(throw your money away and start from scratch)

Those are my suggestions although I know for a fact that you must've abused Lester's missions to get that much money or, though given the amount you say you have is unlikely, put all your money into one high yielding stock on BAWSAQ, I highly doubt the latter but if so hats off to ya. My question is, you CHOSE to abuse Lester's missions so why are you so distraught that you can't do anything with your money. You had to have known exactly what you were doing and yet somehow you put the blame on Rockstar for not being able to exploit your way to money that really shouldn't be achievable to that extent by any means. That's like spitting on someone's face and expecting to have a conversation. You made that choice, nigga. You are responsible for your own actions, don't pass it off as though that's a normal amount of end-game money.

blue24korn24
  • blue24korn24

GTA V BILLIONAIRE.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Let's try some Boolean values here...
If(you haven't completed 100%) then(complete 100%)
If(100% completed) then a(solve the Infinite 8 mystery) b(mt chilliad leads) c(experiment with cheats and game mechanic [gasoline trail leading to a sticky bomb under tanker]) or d(throw your money away and start from scratch)

Those are my suggestions although I know for a fact that you must've abused Lester's missions to get that much money or, though given the amount you say you have is unlikely, put all your money into one high yielding stock on BAWSAQ, I highly doubt the latter but if so hats off to ya. My question is, you CHOSE to abuse Lester's missions so why are you so distraught that you can't do anything with your money. You had to have known exactly what you were doing and yet somehow you put the blame on Rockstar for not being able to exploit your way to money that really shouldn't be achievable to that extent by any means. That's like spitting on someone's face and expecting to have a conversation. You made that choice, nigga. You are responsible for your own actions, don't pass it off as though that's a normal amount of end-game money.

Obviously his missions were made for the stocks. At the end of the phone call he will drop a hint on about a stock so hows that abusing the missions? And im not blaming just rockstar for me having all the money i have. If i had a billion online i could probally blow it but why not in single player? thats my point.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yes Lester's missions are obviously for the stock market but I know for a fact you saved not only all but the first of Lester's missions, but every penny you could until after you completed the story line to put all on that particular stock to double it and double it and double it consecutively within a week of in-game time. Sure you *could* do that. You *could* also kill a coyote with an RPG. It's not what they intended you to do but it's an option. It's YOUR choice. Did you ever think some people might have done Lester's missions as they appeared along with the story? And by the end of the story they don't have that option but they can play the stocks on BAWSAQ like real investors and slowly make money over time rather than insider trading, which is highly illegal. $1.9 billion dollars in a week? That's going to send red flags all over the place.

All I'm trying to say is you knew exactly what you were doing by saving all your money until the end and then completing Lester's missions one after another putting all your money into that specific stock and you really shouldn't be complaining about your surplus of money because it was the result of exploiting the market multiple times over. Just be happy you have too much rather than not enough.

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Paragraphs mate, paragraphs.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

[quote name="Shakengandulf" post="1063609155" timestamp="1380998024"][/quote]

Paragraphs mate, paragraphs.[/quote]

Yeah looking back, that is a giant wall of text...
All apologies

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I just checked my social club R* account and it said that ive played only 11 min and i dont like it. I agree with you about RDR and Gta iv online i didnt enjoy it too much. And if you dont mind me asking whats coming out next month or why are you waiting till next month?

Well from my understanding the heists portion of the online mode won't be available for a few weeks.  However, the reason I'm not touching until next month is because this is October, the month of Halloween.  I spend nearly the entire month watching horror movies, Simpsons THoH episodes, and Tales from the Crypt.  Except for finishing the single player mode last week, this month is dedicated to everything that is not gaming unless I turn on RE2 or SH.  

rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

I love Online. I got my first kill be some guy trying to hit me with his car. I looked backwards and shot him in his face. Very hilarious. Last night I killed a bounty the same way. Also hilarious.

I am in no way disappointed by Online. Sure it's not exactly what I expected but it's still real cool.

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

You only played 11 minutes lol. That's like saying The Godfather sucks and only watching the opening credits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users