» «
Photo

My Verdict

7 replies to this topic
gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by gtamad8, 04 October 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Where do I start with this? I think I'll start with the concept and founding of GTA Online.

Rockstar always have to be the best, whenever a company announces something big, R* announce something on that day too, when GTA IVs simple multiplayer became a laughing stock compared to that of many other newer games, they had to beat that too. It seem's to me like something a child would think up in their garden when they're 5, everything is just so unorganized and confusing. What is the main objective of online? To earn money. Then you buy a house with that money, then what? What incentive is there to play the game? You get different coloured jackets as you level up, which is utterly ridiculous to me. Everyone says R* are becoming EA but honestly I think they're worse. They clearly rushed singleplayer to make Online, and this might have been the biggest mistake in their history. 

Yes there are so many deathmatch "maps" and race courses, but in reality it's just a specific area on the map with guns and health spread across it, like once R* actually programmed the system into online it probably took what, like 30 mins to just choose an area, name it and put the pickups there?

Now i'll get onto the police. The police system was just horrendously thought out, when you first get into the game the missions (which i'll get to in a bit) are spread around the city, and no one sane would run between them, so naturally as you have been able to do in every GTA game you steal a car. But what's so stupid here is that you get a wanted level if you're spotted in this stolen car, so instead of doing missions to earn money to buy your own car, you're forced to escape police about 2-3 times before you even make it to the first mission. Then you do get the mission which let's you customize a car and insure it for free, but who knew this is what was going to happen? I like many people (i assume) just grabbed the first car they saw, and the one I got was complete sh*t. So when I saw the option to sell it for $2400 I did. 

This is what I think of missions. They only JUST deserve to be pluralized because there are what like 3 variety of missions? I've been playing online all day and the missions i've done are: Go to a drug deal, repo the car, drug deal, repo, drug deal. Where's the fun in that? Yeah it might be exciting the first  time you fire at that guys head, or when you spin out that car, but the next 10 times it just gets boring. Especially when most of the time it's you, versus 15 gang members all with SMGs and the precision of a trained army sniper. And the car chase missions (I know they're repo missions but face it, you have to chase the car) get worse each time. Because you make around $1-3000 per mission, it's a very very long road ahead until you can buy your own fast car, so generally you would be doing the car chase missions in an average speed car. The big problem is when you have to chase down a coquette or a bullet, you simply can't. I was forced to quit a car chase because it was just impossible, I was driving like a normal person so I could sneak up on the vehicle then as soon as I got near it, it just sped up to abnormal speeds across the map. I literally sat in shock staring at the start menu map as within a minute or two it was on the other side of Los Santos, I just watched the car drive in circle for ages so I assumed this was a gate for me to easily steal the car. Once again I drive to it and it speeds of. So I quit the mission.

I really can't believe Rockstar thought they had some sort of era-defining product when they were developing online, what with all the reused dialouge and the same cutscenes (for example everytime you deliver coke to Gerald the same "Alright, cool" cutscene happens) and when they added in mission after mission of "repo the car". People keep calling online an MMORPG, it's not Massive and it's not roleplaying. I'd just about call it a MOG (Multiplayer online game) There's nothing roleplaying about robbing liquor stores and doing deathmatches/races to buy houses to do nothing with. That isn't roleplaying that's just what alot of games let you do.

So sorry Rockstar, personally you've ruined my look on GTA 5. With nothing to do in the extremely quick storyline and my complete abhorrence of Online, I have no clue what to do with my game. Who knows I might wake up tomorrow to a plethora of unique missions and this thread will be pointless, but I highly doubt it.

Might I add anyone in this thread who decides to call me a "COD fanboy" or anything similar, please get over yourself. I love GTA and I think GTA V is great but the online was a big kick in the balls for me, it didn't feel worth waiting 2 years and to anyone who says "you're bad at online" or "online is great dont be mean to rockstar" quit lying to yourselves and coming up with reasons to justify why online is good.

Because it isn't.

edit: I didn't even want to get into the 3 day absence of online because that would have to have been another 1000 words. But at least I have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't miss anything

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

ur an idiot if your main attraction for gta online was solely missions. It's about having a sh*t ton of fun with your crew and friends. 

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by gtamad8, 04 October 2013 - 10:01 PM.

ur an idiot if your main attraction for gta online was solely missions. It's about having a sh*t ton of fun with your crew and friends. 

Thanks for you input I appreciate it but how can you have fun with a pistol and sh*tty car? It's not like we get RPGs and fighter jets right off the bat, hell are RPGs and jets even in online? If i wanted to have fun on V with a mate i'd go to his house and play singleplayer

edit: I bet you didn't even read the whole thing.

ZeroF0rce
  • ZeroF0rce

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for you input I appreciate it but how can you have fun with a pistol and sh*tty car? It's not like we get RPGs and fighter jets right off the bat, hell are RPGs and jets even in online? If i wanted to have fun on V with a mate i'd go to his house and play singleplayer

Sure, RPG is unlocked at level 90 though. :-/

itsbreezzyy
  • itsbreezzyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

All of my friends and I have been playing gta online and I have to say that it's amazing. Maybe it's more fun with 2-4 people on every mission? It's certainly easier. Lighten up buddy it's not that bad

dookqc
  • dookqc

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

whiner.jpg

• BagelsWithCheese likes this

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

whiner.jpg

I'm not whining, I posted a fully thought out structured complaint about GTA Online.

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Agree to disagree, i find online incredibly fun. Although the misisons where you have to find to cars driving around the map are horrible i will give you that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users