Quantcast

» «
Photo

Joining/Hosting jobs is still completely broken.

8 replies to this topic
Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

It's one thing for the launch to be rough and for Rockstar to try and slowly fix issues over days and days. It's another thing to design an interface that is completely oblivious to the fact that the player's session might be timing out or caught in some sort of networking blackhole. I'm saying you can't exit, you can't quit or abort the session, while your game is "launching session". Your only out is to restart your console which kicks you out of your GTA online session and has you waiting another 10 minutes for the game to finally load and connect back to GTA online.

It's yet another thing to release some pseudo-fix patch that not only has no noticeable effect on anything (tutorial mission still timeouts 99% of the time, most jobs never work, failed to download, timeout, ect ect), but fails to even attempt to address the problem because, lo, it's not a clientside issue Rockstar, it's your servers being DDoSed by your own game's success! SO RENT MORE f*ckIN SERVERS PLEASE!

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Joining completely works for me. Check your internet connections and make sure your router NAT is set to OPEN instead of moderate or restricted.

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Online been smooth as hell for me three days str8 short loading times easy joining and hosting so you might juat be unlucky

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

im having no trouble on Xbox and we have not even had the patch yet the only problems im having is with the cloud server.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm really curious to what type of internet connections the people who say the game doesn't do anything are running. 

I've never been stuck on anything. Sometimes I can't join, but it'll tell me right away, then put me back into freeroam session. You can't pay for a sh*tty internet then blame a game for internet problems. Not saying this is OPs problem, just wondering in general. 

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't know about you but it worked perfectly fine for me, problems here and there but it was good.

- PS3

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by Slight0, 04 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Yeah I'm running xbox 360. I'm on a DSL line with nothing but an xbox 360 on it and my NAT type is open so nothing on my end is causing this. Don't get me wrong, DSL blows it usually caps at 7 mpbs down, 0.8 mpbs up, but that is plenty fast enough for any game.

Jobs have a 50% chance of failing and when they do work the whole process of launching, relaunching after a match ends, and so on is painfully slow. Sometimes jobs will go off without a hitch; usually not.

If you haven't had ANY problems whatsoever then you're either hugely exaggerating and are blowing smoke up rockstar's ass or you live within 10 minutes of one of their server hubs. Lots of my friends aren't even playing because they can't get on.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I don't live near one of their hubs nor blow smoke up their ass, I'm just stating the truth that I can play normally.

KyleOndik
  • KyleOndik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by KyleOndik, 04 October 2013 - 10:44 PM.

-xbox 360

I got comcast and according to black ops 2 my nat is open. And im still stuck on the tutorial. Havent gotten past it, not once. So its definately a luck thing.i just wish that patch would come out already... it says today... im sure their just waiting on approvals from microsoft since ps3 already has their patch...

and for the hosting/joining issue. at least u can play. i would be happy with just running around in a solo session, robbing stores, shopping and working on stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users