Photo

Character Deleted?

28 replies to this topic
Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I mean WTF is this sh*t, ffs i had a level 21 with an apartment  and plenty of cash went off for a bit came back on and my char is GONE, This is f*cking ridiculous and needs fixing, its happened about 3 times now and it's disgraceful that i lost my character for no other reason than the f*cking servers went down, this is some bad sh*t, will i get my character back otherwise i just spent 15 hours playing for f*cking nothing FFS

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

The CLOUD is down now

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

me2 :( ..... me2. .. . . . i just tried to get on to play with a friend and I have lost my 4th character. I did a lot today and got far into the ranks, completed so much... now they want me to start over!? ... again!?!? bahh... #FML . i hope they make a comment on this.

Best Porson NA
  • Best Porson NA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Dude same here!
I have a rank 20 characters and it's gone. 

But money is saved in the bank.

And forced me to create a new characters and to do tutorial.

Seriously Rock stars? Fix your issue!

Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

f*ck it, im not playing if my character gets randomly deleted, theres no f*cking point,

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

I hear that crews are not showing up now... Rockstar servers are really bad... bad bad baddd... 

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

If my character is deleted when I try to get on, I'm really done with this game. My time/life will never be given back.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yep, I've been waiting all day for my character that disappeared yesterday to come back... The money isn't in the bank like others either, a bit worried about it now - last time it came back when the severs went back up.

Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Basically your character gets lost in the clouds ffs, they should at least ANNOUNCE that the servers are having trouble and tell you to leave instead of just f*cking going off when they please!

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

The CLOUD is down now

Yeah but it isnt saying cloud is down. My friends are playing and havent stopped. Im just getting new character. 

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Use racism to your advantage!

Expeace
  • Expeace

BF Surfer Cruiser

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Its not deleted the cloud down

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I hope it's not deleted but mine is gone since yesterday and only thing that is left is a bit of money in the bank

Sciborg
  • Sciborg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Sciborg, 04 October 2013 - 10:06 PM.

To those hoping you'll get your character back when the cloud is back up, you wont, my characters have been deleted every day for three days in a row at the same time, which is 7-8pm gmt, when a high population of Americans come home from school or work and it is peak time throughout a large portion of Europe.

I had a rank 20 get deleted around 8pm GMT yesterday and, I stopped due to cloud server hoping it's there in the morning, so I come on this morning when servers are fine and character's still not there. I sigh and make a new one in the other slot because the new patch may have fixed it and keep checking to see if my other character is there throughout the day. At 7pm GMT today there's still no sign of my rank 20 and my new character is now rank 19, at 8pm GMT the cloud goes down and my newest character is also gone. 

Any character I make now will have to go in a slot of one of my previous high ranks, which is making restarting a bit more frustrating.

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I hope it's not deleted but mine is gone since yesterday and only thing that is left is a bit of money in the bank

Create a new character.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

To those hoping you'll get your character back when the cloud is back up, you wont, my characters have been deleted every day for three days in a row at the same time, which is 7-8pm gmt, when a high population of Americans come home from school or work and it is peak time throughout a large portion of Europe.

I had a rank 20 get deleted around 8pm GMT yesterday and, I stopped due to cloud server hoping it's there in the morning, so I come on this morning when servers are fine and character's still not there. I sigh and make a new one in the other slot because the new patch may have fixed it and keep checking to see if my other character is there throughout the day. At 7pm GMT today there's still no sign of my rank 20 and my new character is now rank 19, at 8pm GMT the cloud goes down and my newest character is also gone. 

Any character I make now will have to go in a slot of one of my previous high ranks, which is making restarting a bit more frustrating.

Not sure because first time I lost it, it came back. Even though I don't have much hope, I want it to come back so badly :(

Create a new character.

So I think I might wait a little more. Also there is no guarantee that my new character won't get deleted too. So taking risk ... don't  know..

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

So it sounds like this is happening around 7:00pm my time.  Cause other when I first started the game I haven't had any issues losing my character, thank god. (knocks on wood).

Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Fat yank kids ruining the game, this game was made by british people, ye yanks think it was made in america because its set in usa.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Fat yank kids ruining the game, this game was made by british people, ye yanks think it was made in america because its set in usa.

f*ck off limey, the UK fell off years ago, what have ye guys created in the past 50 years?

you guys are too ugly to compare to us, let it go bro.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Make sure you report it as a bug to Rockstar support

I was a software developer for many many years but you only get fed bug reports through official channels. You don't have time to look in forums.

Be as clear & concise as you can about what happened. Which gives the best opportunity to diagnose what is undoubtedly a very complex problem.

Reporting through the official channels is the only way they can get an accurate estimate of the number of people affected and prioritise the fix accordingly.

Reaper21321
  • Reaper21321

King of the Dominion

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

TBH I don't think it is the cloud causing this at this point. If that were the case I'd probably have gotten my character back by now.

Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

f*ck off limey, the UK fell off years ago, what have ye guys created in the past 50 years?

you guys are too ugly to compare to us, let it go bro.

Lol what has america got compared to britain? we have had an empire, have a amazing army, and we make amazing music like DNB, america are just war mongering bullys who think they own the world and will get put into place if they attack a big nation like russia or china, we built your country u american c*nt

imjamesscott
  • imjamesscott

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Same i literally lost interst online from this i spent 15+ hours for nothing

Hoobler
  • Hoobler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

sh*t. Just lost my character again :O when making a new one it says $0 on the bank so maybe this time all my money is gone too. FFUUUU

cliftonshumpert
  • cliftonshumpert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Why don't people get the concept of characters just being temporarily lost.
Its like when you pop in a game on ps2 with no memory card. Of course your game isn't there cause you don't have the save file.

Just do that work you've been putting off while you wait for the cloud to go back up

Zankou
  • Zankou

Crew: TGMC

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Like the others said, the cloud is down. I created a character on Tuesday, thought it got deleted and everything, but it popped back up again on Thursday when the cloud started working for me again.

I just checked to see if my character was there now and he's not, but when the cloud comes back up, he'll probably pop back up again. If he doesn't, then oh well.

Orin
  • Orin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

because in this case, "temporary" means "been gone for days now and still no sign of coming back".

Without confirmation they will come back, the characters might as well be gone permanently. It's very rare that people get them back. at least on the PS3 (from what I've heard).

People saying they will come back are basing on logic. these character "disappearances" are anything but logical. some are gone and come back in minutes/hours, others have been gone for days and have yet to return. I haven't checked in the past 8 or so hours, but I'm willing to bet my rank 10 guy is still not "back" from disappearing ~24 hours ago.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Make sure you report it as a bug to Rockstar support

I was a software developer for many many years but you only get fed bug reports through official channels. You don't have time to look in forums.

Be as clear & concise as you can about what happened. Which gives the best opportunity to diagnose what is undoubtedly a very complex problem.

Reporting through the official channels is the only way they can get an accurate estimate of the number of people affected and prioritise the fix accordingly.

Yeah I think everybody who is having this issue should report it. If enough people get in touch with them about it then it will move to the top of their priorities list. From my experience the support staff are quite lazy (once referring me to a Max Payne Wiki article that I had written rather than looking for an answer to my question) so they will probably either tell you they are working on it (which they probably aren't doing too quickly, if at all) or give you really bad advice (i.e. "just create a new character and start again") instead of committing a cardinal sin of technical support by telling you they don't know what to do.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by aR2k, 05 October 2013 - 12:33 AM.

None ofmy 8 characters since wednesday has come back, ever.

Ive lost several characters above level 10, but today the game has been working so well, and i have had so much fun, currently lvl 19 with 215k in the bank,

When i logged off now and went back in just to check, it tells me the cloud is down, if my savegame is not there tomorrow morning, like all the others that never reappeared, im making a ticket.... demanding my savegame back, and i wont touch the game until it is. If they cant to that, then I will demand a refund and never think of this sorry excuse for a game ever again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users