Quantcast

» «
Photo

The only time purchasing a Cash Card is okay.

37 replies to this topic
Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Granted, this is my own opinion, so take it as you will.

We all know the general reaction to people who state that they will be buying cash.

"You're part of the problem."

"You're an idiot."

While these things are probably true, and while it really does little more than allow skill-less players to get whatever they want, they can hold another purpose. A grand purpose. One that makes everything okay.

We all know that losing money in Deathmatch/Missions is a bug. I can't tell you how much I lost before finding this out. Would you say it is acceptable (i.e. not a f*cking retarded move) to buy a 100k cash card to make up for the difference the bug has cost me?

ScruffyBamboo
  • ScruffyBamboo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Why do you need other people's approval?

• NiceGuyShaz likes this

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Why do you need other people's approval?

I don't. It's just a thing I thought of. And I'm bored.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thats a personal matter but i wouldnt be going out and buying any add ons til i had more confidence in the online working perfectly.

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by JimmyJoeJames, 04 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

All I want is a home, I place to call my home lol. If GTA:O just had some cheap homes or apts in the to get you started either in San Andreas or Trevors part of town to pay just 24k - 60k for I'd be fine. But I just want a safehouse, period. Hell, they could even make it to were you start out living with your parent you've made. Live like Franklin had to at first lol.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

We all know the general reaction to people who state that they will be buying cash.

"You're an idiot."

While these things are probably true, and while it really does little more than allow skill-less players to get whatever they want, they can hold another purpose. A grand purpose. One that makes everything okay.

We all know that losing money in Deathmatch/Missions is a bug. I can't tell you how much I lost before finding this out. Would you say it is acceptable (i.e. not a f*cking retarded move) to buy a 100k cash card to make up for the difference the bug has cost me?

I don't see why that would be an issue. Of course, I don't have an issue with people buying things in-game for real money. It's their money, let them do what they want with it.

That said, that bug is supposedly fixed now.

boopboo
  • boopboo

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by boopboo, 04 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

You're part of the problem and your an idiot. Stop trying to justify your actions you c*nt. I'm planning to buy a cash card even though I didn't lose money unlike your unlucky ass did. In fact, I might even buy a $500,000 cash card.

"The only time purchasing a cash card is okay", f*ck off you contradicting prick.

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

You're part of the problem and your an idiot. Stop trying to justify your actions you c*nt. I'm planning to buy a cash card even though I didn't lose money unlike your unlucky ass did. In fact, I might even buy a $500,000 cash card.

Oh yeah? Well, maybe I'll buy a boat! That'll show you!

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

I don't have a problem with people buying just to circumvent issues like this. But at the same time I don't think people should be funding a game because of its flaws, it's like paying a hairdresser to cut your hair twice because he f*cked it up the first time. Should have done it right the first time or fix his mistakes, which it sounds like they are doing in the patch.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Well i feel sorry for you. As Scruffy said why do you need approval. What should the "community" (12 year olds that joined yesterday) decide what you do with your money?
I will also buy when it will be available and honestly i don't give a flying fck what people think...my money ;)

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

It's your money. Do whatever you want with it.

I don't buy cash, but the people that do are a direct and positive influence for rockstar to create and make more content. Profit drives the world, if you make it profitable for Rockstar to release more content, without implementing a subscription-based method, then I'm all for it.

Spend away!

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

It's nice to have I guess if say something went wrong and you lost all your money maybe? Like losing a character or something, but even still I feel like once they really hit their stride with online you won't have to worry about losing your character.

I still personally don't like it, because without it the more expensive things like apartments and cars would be more coveted and you KNOW that player had to make that cash on his own. After like 3 months or more when higher levels are common and heist are playable this probably won't be a big deal. Buying a 1.5M cash card would probably be equivalent to doing 3 or 4 heists depending on size and payout. I don't think it will be a huge advantage in the end but for example if you spend a mere $20 and you're high level you could have yourself the best apartment, car, boat and possibly plane to boot and still have some spending money leftover. In my opinion is kind of bullsh*t and de-values honest players work, but in the end is hopefully shouldn't hurt other players or the economy. The bigger problem here is that Rockstar is going to have to add more content like safe houses and such. After so long every player is going to have the best 400k apartment and the best plane/chopper/car ect. They need to step griefing up once everyone gets cozy so there is some actual competition and fun in the game.

boopboo
  • boopboo

Rat

• Members

Uh..... nobody buys boats in this game...

Abed Nadir
  • Abed Nadir

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm buying GTA$ with the money I would've spent on the special edition.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

They sell it for a reason. It's your option to buy it or not. A person can do with their money what they please. I think it's so stupid when people flame others for buying ingame gold. I'll consider buying myself when I know the prices.

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I would consider buying some... but not until I had confirmation that all my cash isn't going to poof.

Maybe this was their evil plan all along.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I get a free 400MS card with my 1 year of live.  I was going to use it on a cash card but now I have millions and don't really need it anymore...  But yeah, who cares, if you can justify it then buy it.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm buying my way to sucess. People can cry about it. 

Getting myself a nice apartment with a great view of the beach/pier. A Z-Type, and a damn sweet garage. 

GTAUserNameHere
  • GTAUserNameHere

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

All I want is a home, I place to call my home lol. If GTA:O just had some cheap homes or apts in the to get you started either in San Andreas or Trevors part of town to pay just 24k - 60k for I'd be fine. But I just want a safehouse, period. Hell, they could even make it to were you start out living with your parent you've made. Live like Franklin had to at first lol.

There are cheap homes between 24-60k that you can buy. Check out the ingame realistate website.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

I want to buy a cash card but im afraid I will not get my money as the servers are crap right now :(

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Do what you like, just because others aint gonna buy cash cards doesn't mean you shouldn't.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

People can buy cash cards all they want. It won't do anything for them to have all that cash and have nothing to spend it on because everything is locked.

You can't pay2win in this game. Hell, you can't even pay to advance faster (most games call this buying premium to get 50% extra exp/money). 

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Anything that gives you a REAL advantage in competition (guns, armor) is locked until you have high enough reputation anyways so who cares? If you want to roll up like a pimp with a nice house and a 10-car garage to store all your pimpmobiles while everyone else is living in their shacks saving money who's anyone to judge you?

vikdoom
  • vikdoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

"You're an idiot."

I will laugh at you because you could easily make that money playing missions etc.

Might just be my opinion but I see it like Payday 2: at first you need money because you have nothing but then when you get high enough money must start coming in faster (im talking level 40-50)+ you will have mostly everyything you need by then.

So, imo RP are what really matter and you dont get any by buying money.

Also, you will pay real-life money just to lose it again dying ?

Why dont you all just wait until Bawsaq's online and put your money in there

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

I don't care what other people do. If someone wants to but it.. Who cares... If someone doesn't that's fine. I may end up but one , not because I'm lazy but because my hours at work are so demanding I won't have much time to play and when I is I may just want that nice little house. Each to their own , at the moment I'm just playing and earning what I can :)

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Buying* lol

LeoTarred
  • LeoTarred

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I will be buying the cash card. With the £60 i saved not buying the worthless collectors edition i will use it to buy me a nice safe house then i can play the game as intended from there.

bigwhoopwannafightaboutit

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Eh, I'm against most microtransaction systems but I like how they've done it with the ranking system to keep people from buying their way into wins.

Myself I'm just going to first buy an apartment and the nice car that I want with upgrades/etc. Then the rest or any change I find that adds up and spare funds I'm considering adding to a fund for my crew. That way when the time comes to pull off huge heists, if one of us has the proper rank they won't have to spend their own game money to buy an escape vehicle or helicopter to help us do a job, and we can have a set of "crew" properties that everyone can use and ideally not abuse. Since style is nice I'd also envision buying crew uniforms to be a useful idea. If they abuse it they'll get warned and then booted but so far I've seen nothing but good results in my crew.

Valdrane
  • Valdrane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Oh man, you made me laugh.

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

100k cash card to make up for the difference the bug has cost me?

holy sh*t, how do you die that many times?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users