Photo

Remove stupid ass bad sport and passive mode and put them on passive s

219 replies to this topic
blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

Good news is bad sport lobbies are filling up and they are all ranked 40+ so I have more skilled players to team up with for missions. 

We can rank up and come back to noob servers and cause even more havoc.

Excellent

That's because eventually, even non-griefing players will succumb to the bad sport system without intentionally being a jackass.

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

Passive mode is the best defense against all you d*ck trolls and griefers who just indiscriminatly murder any player trying to go about their business. Bad Sport is just what you deserve. You don't get special treatment for being a prick to other people, simple as that

LochFyneMonster
  • LochFyneMonster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

May be a stupid question but anyway, how do you know if you are a bad sport?  i've killed a few players tonight but every single one tried to kill me first, will that mean next time i play i'm going to be on a server full of them?

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

May be a stupid question but anyway, how do you know if you are a bad sport?  i've killed a few players tonight but every single one tried to kill me first, will that mean next time i play i'm going to be on a server full of them?

you don't get it from killing people in tree roam you only get it if you destroy their personal cars they have insurance on

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Anybody who disagrees with this topic has clearly forgotten the true fun of GTA multiplayer free roam. 
It's called FREE ROAM. 

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

Passive mode is the best defense against all you d*ck trolls and griefers who just indiscriminatly murder any player trying to go about their business. Bad Sport is just what you deserve. You don't get special treatment for being a prick to other people, simple as that

Man up and deal with it. 
This is GTA. Bad Sport and passive mode are stupid ideas. 

Hazevamp
  • Hazevamp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I agree OP, they need a passive server where players can't kill each other. We should still be able to kill NPCs and rob stores and do missions but once we return we are sent back to a passive free roam where players can't kill each other.  Simple as that. If people want to do the PvP thing then let them choose a PvP server to play on. such an easy freaking problem for Rockstar to solve. The bad sport system can go to the pvp server and bad sports can still get kick to bad sport servers with other d*cks like them.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 09 October 2013 - 03:19 AM.

Man up and deal with it. 
This is GTA. Bad Sport and passive mode are stupid ideas.
Wanna kill people in free roam costing them 2,000 in medical bills lets see your medical bills after I use my tank and call air strikes

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Turning passive mode just to be safe while doing nothing is silly, turning passive mode when you're on a shopping menu or on your phone dealing with stocks, purchases, or banking is necessary because even though players can see that a character is on the pause menu, they kill them because they are inconsiderate pricks. GTA is supposed to be all about mayhem but you can try to avoid killing people who aren't even controlling their character at the moment.

Lol, I've seen people camp outside of Apartments to kill people which is hilarious.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

I keep getting an error message and then kicked offline. when I go back online it tells me that im a bad sport for leaving missions.

that sesame street thing really is how they do things over there.

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

If you want to kill other players do deathmatch, otherwise leave players who are trying to do other stuff alone, simple

Nemesis-mkIX
  • Nemesis-mkIX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

I dunno. I can't really see myself ever wanting to be in a passive server. Sounds pretty boring for GTA. But I also don't want to get locked to servers full of jackasses all the time either.

I think it's fine the way it is, but the personal vehicle thing is annoying in defensive situations.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

I dunno. I can't really see myself ever wanting to be in a passive server. Sounds pretty boring for GTA. But I also don't want to get locked to servers full of jackasses all the time either.

I think it's fine the way it is, but the personal vehicle thing is annoying in defensive situations.

The bad sport lobbies aren't full of people killing each other. I've been in them for a day now and haven't encountered a single problem. All the people I spoke to on the mic were saying the same thing and we ended up just doing missions together.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

why are you bad sports so anti bad sport look at it this way your gona meet people of the same mind and play just like you do and you'll have a very happy fun time together doing the things you like just think of it as a club you could even call it purgatory it has a nice ring to it so enjoy purgatory

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Passive server = passive mode, bad sport for vehicle destruction.
PvP server = Bad sport only for quitting early or cheating.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Passive server = passive mode, bad sport for vehicle destruction.
PvP server = Bad sport only for quitting early or cheating.

This is the one and only solution. The passive server could be like the servers we play on now and the PvP servers would have no passive mode and have no bad sport crap for anything but cheating or quitting early.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

If you want to kill other players do deathmatch, otherwise leave players who are trying to do other stuff alone, simple

So far, I've seen a lot of people killing other players in free mode, yet everyone on mics aren't upset at all. It's only the whiners or people who don't know how to play who seem to be having a problem.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, we need Friendly Mode to return from RDR. This Passive Mode sh*t ain't working. You can still be killed by other players. And you aren't able to defend yourself from AI... Delete Pussy Mode, give us a Passive server

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Bad sport and passive is here to stay, I didn't even get to complete the tutorial that I had my car blown up and my tut mission f*cked up and rannover (with passive activated) and killed by some f*cking retard. If you wanna grief and f*ck people's games go do so with other griefers.

Another forum person who has no idea other than what he has heard or thinks fighting against something that would not affect him in any way.

yeah people are so friggin clueless - do we really have to use the term care bears ? wtf is wrong with you panzy ass chicken players ? cant handle a little competition ? gtfo and play some single player game dudes, you are all clueless ... if someone is griefing you, go and grief them back ? wtf is the problem ? and do try and listen to what guys here are saying about pvp, its real valid solid friggin problems .... sorry my language but some of you ...... grrrrrrr jesus, grow a brain ...

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Does anyone have any specifics on how the Bad Sport system works?  I have received a warning a couple of times but only after killing players that were trying to kill me.  What am I supposed to do?  Be a good sport and let them kill me???  

Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by Subliminal123456, 09 October 2013 - 08:33 AM.

The bad sport lobbies aren't full of people killing each other. I've been in them for a day now and haven't encountered a single problem. All the people I spoke to on the mic were saying the same thing and we ended up just doing missions together.

The Bad Sport system seems to be working then :) thanks for the confirmation. If only you could have moderated the behaviour earlier eh?

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I said it in another post, there should be no passive mode there should be a battle mode (PVP) your tag is no longer white it shows red. Killing them or destroying their cars is punishment free. After getting killed as a regular citizen you should be able to vote on it, "My Death Was Fun" "I shot First" "Not Fun... I was innocent"
Let's do a 5 strike system per week... you should be able not to kill 5 people accidentally every week and if you do you might want to be careful a little more.

Completely separating the grievers from the good people is a bad idea because part of the fun is being cautious. Spoiling the game for others is bad and that's why punishment should be in place.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Passive mode is broken anyway. I get shot ALL the time whilst in it and see people shoot who are in it. 

Rockstar need to fix this pile of wank tbh.

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

So what am I supposed to use whenever a car of 2 or more people comes up and starts shooting at me?

What is the purpose of Grenades, Sticky Bombs, and RPG's, if not to be used in a situation like that? Why even give us explosives if you're going to penalize me for using them against someone that's attacking me?
  • riksterinto and Kromix like this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I said it in another post, there should be no passive mode there should be a battle mode (PVP) your tag is no longer white it shows red. Killing them or destroying their cars is punishment free. After getting killed as a regular citizen you should be able to vote on it, "My Death Was Fun" "I shot First" "Not Fun... I was innocent"
Let's do a 5 strike system per week... you should be able not to kill 5 people accidentally every week and if you do you might want to be careful a little more.

Completely separating the grievers from the good people is a bad idea because part of the fun is being cautious. Spoiling the game for others is bad and that's why punishment should be in place.

Why does people like you insiste on ruining every god damn pvp game out there - im so sick of this mentality ... Yes there are griefers out there, and NO we should not ruin pvp all together because of it ... Consensual pvp is not pvp - in fact it ruins it - this has been proven time and time again ...

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

The Bad Sport system seems to be working then :) thanks for the confirmation. If only you could have moderated the behaviour earlier eh?

You dont seem to get it ... Bad sport system is punishing legit players for having fun, not to mention that 80% of the times you get it - its due to some bug or network error ... I myself dont have any problems with the bad sport system as such, in fact i often get 1000$ for the opposite ( whooptidoo ) but i feel like im in a straight jacket and i cant use all my abilities in game, cause some of my options are frowned upon ... This is not fun guys ...

And the kick feature which probably is there to protect you from griefers is abused so bad that you cant even look at another player without him chucking you out of the game ... Why would anyone want these features in game is really beyond me, i play games to have fun - not to be punished and told what to do all the time ....

All these issues could be resolved by balancing the game and evening the odds for players, but no - this self-righteous hypocracy from the socalled 'good sports' ruins the game ... 

• Boxman108 likes this

CQR Myles
  • CQR Myles

Mechanic

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

My friend got labelled a bad sport trying to defend himself from a crew that was attacking us (they fired first), blew up their cars with them in a chase and bam, Bad Sport your a jerk learn to play fair?!. This is a guy that apologises if he scratches your car in a bump! I think the theory behind it is good but it's execution is nothing short of broken.

• el superhippo likes this

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

It's all fun in games until someone gets their car blown up. I am actually very happy there is a bad sport system. I lost a lot of money yesterday but I tried a grief that worked rather well.

I was killed by some guy in a truck, so when I spawned, I called my mechanic and had him deliver one of my vehicles so that I could make him blow it up. After several of these, I receive hatemail from TdogC who is now in badsport mode.

This method requires you to have a lot of money but the end result is much better than any griefing method on any game because Rock* literally helps you grief others.

This badsport system sure is handy! I'm glad badsports like that TdogC aren't in my lobbies anymore.

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

thats all fine and dandy as a concept, but when it it actually implemented, it f*cks up the game royaly.

I cant tell you how many times the innocent was labled a bad sport for just trying to defend themselves. Hell In freemode we have to be EXTREMELY careful with our explosives.

Oh and fun fact, my buddy sniped a police helicopter out of the air in an effort to help me out only to have it land and explode on my car. He got a bad sport warning-one too many and was forced into the bad sport servers for like about a day. That wasnt fair.

This is just implemented in all the wrong ways.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Good and bad sport is one of the coolest features in this game. Its like an instant douchebag-punishment. I love it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users