Remove stupid ass bad sport and passive mode and put them on passive s

219 replies to this topic
THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

....Or, instead of going the complex way, R* should just make a Free Roam server outside of the normal one, where you can't gain anything from it to bring onto the regular servers. That seems more fair. 

You want to play like a dick, killing everyone, blowing sh*t up, causing mayhem and just ruining the experience for regular players? Go right ahead. They should implement a server that's for people who just want mayhem. Take away the missions/etc, and just let them go crazy in that server.  People could also invite their friends then too. 

There you go. Instead of going the RDR route and make them break how many different servers down, because.. god, look how well that goes for them, just have them do a side server. 

Brumsle
  • Brumsle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by Brumsle, 05 October 2013 - 12:21 AM.

So a lot of people are tired of Rockstars stupid ass decision to try and force passive players and regular players into the same matches with the use of an badly nokemented bad sport system and passive mode for purchase in game. This has led to many problems for both passive and regular players.

What needs to happen is the bad sport system and passive mode be put into it's own server type. A passive server like RDR had and regular servers for regular players without the bad sport crap and passive mode.

After 20 times trying to get online a "bad sport" player was hunting me...i had no ammo in my pistol, respawned always near by him, and he got a boner killing me all the way to ammunation, where i could buy 32 shots and after the purchase that stupid little f*ck killed me through the doors.

I figured out how to change the server and found myself after shopping with some other player that sat on my motorbike. We robbed and had fun together.

So i would say the system that gets bad sport gamers together is just perfect. If you like to kill without sense and with no competition, go play with other (imo) assholes like you. If you like to play the game as kind of RPG, its nice to not beeing bothered by stupid kiddies and morons. Especially since you are seperated from your crew while joining the "free play".

This is not stupid COD. R* made a system to seperate kos noobs from real gamers. The only reason one can dislike it is because he cant be stronger than a unarmed person. Because you can earn money, rep and everything in fair deathmatches. But fair is not as cool as ganking, i know. Your gaming style is as old as multiplayergames are, and gamer spit on that kind of gaming for the same amount of time. Go camp in BF4, and see how beloved you are.

There is no need to kill someone because he is just there.

GTA isn't an RPG either.  GTFO.

@Boxman108: Do me a favour, get a brain before you dare talking to me again, worthless motherf*cker. If you would know anything you would know about something, and then you would know about your hobby, and then you would know that GTA has more RPG elements than WoW has, and its less a Shooter than BF3 is. But you know nothing, you are unable to think, but you have the urgent feeling to type sh*t, just to tell everyone what you are. GJ, your mom must be proud....not.

KKTHXBYE

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

So a lot of people are tired of Rockstars stupid ass decision to try and force passive players and regular players into the same matches with the use of an badly nokemented bad sport system and passive mode for purchase in game. This has led to many problems for both passive and regular players.

What needs to happen is the bad sport system and passive mode be put into it's own server type. A passive server like RDR had and regular servers for regular players without the bad sport crap and passive mode.

So you are just mad because you aren't able to troll/grief people?

Razekal
  • Razekal

The Raze

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

So... I have not even played online yet but, from what I get it seems that "Free Roam" is where you and a bunch of friends go to make money and buy stuff and hang out. So people who negatively affect this are punished for doing so.

Then there are other competitive modes like Deathmatch and stuff.

So... you're upset because you cannot kill other players in free roam without incurring penalties? Isn't that what the other modes are for?

I fail to see why people are upset about this.

There are other modes for pretty much everything else in the game that you can do and yet you are not reprimanded for doing them in free roam.  Fact is there should be NO restrictions on a public free roam.

Ok... well I guess I just don't see why you would want to proceed with these acts in free mode rather than doing them in a game mode that permits them, and/or rewards you for doing them.

Well... other than to be a griefer.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

....Or, instead of going the complex way, R* should just make a Free Roam server outside of the normal one, where you can't gain anything from it to bring onto the regular servers. That seems more fair. 

You want to play like a dick, killing everyone, blowing sh*t up, causing mayhem and just ruining the experience for regular players? Go right ahead. They should implement a server that's for people who just want mayhem. Take away the missions/etc, and just let them go crazy in that server.  People could also invite their friends then too. 

There you go. Instead of going the RDR route and make them break how many different servers down, because.. god, look how well that goes for them, just have them do a side server. 

RDR works far, FAR better than your piece of sh*t idea.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

After 20 times trying to get online a "bad sport" player was hunting me...i had no ammo in my pistol, respawned always near by him, and he got a boner killing me all the way to ammunation, where i could buy 32 shots and after the purchase that stupid little f*ck killed me through the doors.

I figured out how to change the server and found myself after shopping with some other player that sat on my motorbike. We robbed and had fun together.

So i would say the system that gets bad sport gamers together is just perfect. If you like to kill without sense and with no competition, go play with other (imo) assholes like you. If you like to play the game as kind of RPG, its nice to not beeing bothered by stupid kiddies and morons. Especially since you are seperated from your crew while joining the "free play".

This is not stupid COD. R* made a system to seperate kos noobs from real gamers. The only reason one can dislike it is because he cant be stronger than a unarmed person. Because you can earn money, rep and everything in fair deathmatches. But fair is not as cool as ganking, i know. Your gaming style is as old as multiplayergames are, and gamer spit on that kind of gaming for the same amount of time. Go camp in BF4, and see how beloved you are.

There is no need to kill someone because he is just there.

GTA isn't an RPG either.  GTFO.

@Boxman108: Do me a favour, get a brain before you dare talking to me again, worthless motherf*cker. If you would know anything you would know about anything, and then you would know about your hobby, and then you would know that GTA has more RPG elements than WoW has, and its less a Shooter than BF3 is. But you know nothing, you are unable to think, but you have the urgent feeling to type sh*t, just to tell everyone what you are. GJ, your mom must be proud....not.

KKTHXBYE

This coming from someone who doesn't even know how to quote properly.

brantkin
  • brantkin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

No, Just no. Friends or players need to play together = bigger matches/jobs/more fun.

More fun?  Really?  How so?  I don't want to be forced into a game with a bunch of pansies who cry every single time someone kills them.  Before you know it R* will dumb down the game to their demands even further and strip out things like weapons and cops entirely.

Lol you haven't played gta sa for the pc. And downloaded samp then. That mod was really big and was mainly all about role playing aka rp. They are giving people a choice what to do. If you want to mindlessly kill people there is a game mode/mission type to be rewarded for it. I mean seriously you get like nothing for killing a player in free roam. Most i have gotten is like 100 $ off of them. People are still use to gta iv and how it was played. But i can't say gta iv online was good. or decent or even the campaign. This game is ment to be a rp experience. Not a mindless haha i killed you. And i have proof to back it up by all the content they added. I think you are playing the wrong game. If you want to just kill people.

Sorry about that. People like you are just rubbing me the wrong way. I guess i am one of the few people. That can see what rock star is trying to do. And i can see what they have made/wanting to do. After all gta v is ment to be a fan service. To there master piece gta sa.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

No, Just no. Friends or players need to play together = bigger matches/jobs/more fun. And if you want to kill someone you should be able to. But not to kill same person over 10 times over and over again.

We are being forced to play free roam as a team oriented game. Free roam should have the freedom to do whatever you want besides cheating. Rockstar learned this from RDR but failed to carry on that knowledge to GTA. The passive mode being buy able and the bad sport system geared to promoting coop gameplay are problemic for pvp and can be abused by players. Just like RDR player who want cooperative gameplay and completing missions played on passive servers while player who weren't afraid of pvp or enjoyed pvp played on regular servers. I fail to see how this does anything but make the game better for players who enjoy different gameplay types.

In other words you want to grief players. 

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Alright, I don't know why after reading your other half ass posts I take you seriously, nor does anyone else, but what the hell I'll bite. 

The problem is, RDR and GTA V are two completely f*cking different games with new ideas. If you want the same old thing,  good for you. 

First off, GTA V is alot bigger of a game, meaning even more servers? More than likely equals ALOT more down time for the idea suggested here. It's also a whole new type of system in general. 

Basically, if you want my true idea, I say let everyone who wants to play like an ass do so, but only in half the damn city, blocking them off from everyone else. I'll call it, Penalty Free Island. Go ahead, and go crazy. But that's just me. 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Alright, I don't know why after reading your other half ass posts I take you seriously, nor does anyone else, but what the hell I'll bite. 

The problem is, RDR and GTA V are two completely f*cking different games with new ideas. If you want the same old thing,  good for you. 

First off, GTA V is alot bigger of a game, meaning even more servers? More than likely equals ALOT more down time for the idea suggested here. It's also a whole new type of system in general. 

Basically, if you want my true idea, I say let everyone who wants to play like an ass do so, but only in half the damn city, blocking them off from everyone else. I'll call it, Penalty Free Island. Go ahead, and go crazy. But that's just me. 

Or, ya know, we could let everyone who throws a tantrum sell their games.  GTA isn't for them.  At least with two separate servers it would be a win win.  Your bigotry knows no bounds.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Or, ya know, we could let everyone who throws a tantrum sell their games.  GTA isn't for them.  At least with two separate servers it would be a win win.  --> Your bigotry knows no bounds. <---- 

Irony. 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Or, ya know, we could let everyone who throws a tantrum sell their games.  GTA isn't for them.  At least with two separate servers it would be a win win.  --> Your bigotry knows no bounds. <---- 

Irony. 

Where's the irony?  You're the ones who started calling everyone who simply enjoys the game "griefers."  If you don't like it, either join a different server, make a private game, or play something else entirely.  None of us should be punished because YOU don't enjoy playing the same way we do.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

I can see the point. The "bad sport" people want to PvP and kill people who are trying to go about their business. The fun is not the killing, it's the fact you know you are pissing someone off, ruining their fun, chasing them away. You feel tough.

Once you are (rightfully) labeled a bad sport and get grouped with other BSs, everyone is a PvPer like you. No more easy kills, no more "lolz made him fail his mission!" In other words, a challenge.

No reason that you shouldn't be able to make an invite session and invite friends though, none at all. I like the dunce hat idea.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 05 October 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Where's the irony?  You're the ones who started calling everyone who simply enjoys the game "griefers."  If you don't like it, either join a different server, make a private game, or play something else entirely.  None of us should be punished because YOU don't enjoy playing the same way we do.

Disruptive players always get bans on PC servers. Why should consoles be any different? And since when are you more entitled than others to play a game?

I`ll explain: this game has PvP and PvE. A player is entitled to enjoy any of the two. Bad sport is a way to make sure that the PvP players don`t shove said PvP down the PvE player`s throat. 

[EDIT] Also, there is no fun to be had when you shoot a guy that doesn`t fight back. It is also not fun if you shoot first. So, a true PvP-er will avoid shooting "bambies", "greenhorns", "noobs", etc and go towards other PvP-er. It`s the argumentative little f*cks that are and always have been the problem; now we can make private lobbies and insta-kick on console too... 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Disruptive players always get bans on PC servers. Why should consoles be any different? And since when are you more entitled than others to play a game?

I`ll explain: this game has PvP and PvE. A player is entitled to enjoy any of the two. Bad sport is a way to make sure that the PvP players don`t shove said PvP down the PvE player`s throat. 

[EDIT] Also, there is no fun to be had when you shoot a guy that doesn`t fight back. It is also not fun if you shoot first. So, a true PvP-er will avoid shooting "bambies", "greenhorns", "noobs", etc and go towards other PvP-er. It`s the argumentative little f*cks that are and always have been the problem; now we can make private lobbies and insta-kick on console too... 

Again, more bigotry.  You act as if killing other players is a bad thing, as does Rockstar, which is not right considering both IV and RDR had this going on without a problem.  I don't see anyone being punished for this in games like DayZ, but you're probably the same kind of person that would whine about that game too.  There's no need to have a "Bad sport" server that gets you banned needlessly for two entire days.  It should not be made into a punishment if it's not actually a bad thing to do.  You people are just too narrow minded to see that other people enjoy the game differently than you.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 05 October 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Again, more bigotry.  You act as if killing other players is a bad thing, as does Rockstar, which is not right considering both IV and RDR had this going on without a problem.  I don't see anyone being punished for this in games like DayZ, but you're probably the same kind of person that would whine about that game too.  There's no need to have a "Bad sport" server that gets you banned needlessly for two entire days.  It should not be made into a punishment if it's not actually a bad thing to do.  You people are just too narrow minded to see that other people enjoy the game differently than you.

Here`s where you are mistaken: I don`t care. But I DO care when you keep enjoying the game differently at my expense, rather than at the expense of someone like you. Bad sport ensures that you meet players that enjoy the game precisely like you do... I don`t understand why you are unhappy for playing with people like you.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Here`s where you are mistaken: I don`t care. But I DO care when you keep enjoying the game differently at my expense, rather than someone like you. Bad sport ensures that you meet players that enjoy the game precisely like you do... I don`t understand why you are unhappy for playing with people like you.

You don't care, and yet I care enough to have separate servers?  Who exactly is the selfish asshat now?  Fact is RDR handled this much better.  You had one mode where people played the game normally, and the other for pussies who cried every time they'd get killed.  No one got banned or were forced into a "naughty players" corner with a dumbass hat, or were prevented from playing with their friends for doing so.  How about people who go into passive mode are forced into a server where there's no missions to do?  No cops or anything?  That would be real fun.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 05 October 2013 - 01:28 AM.

You don't care, and yet I care enough to have separate servers?  Who exactly is the selfish asshat now?  Fact is RDR handled this much better.  You had one mode where people played the game normally, and the other for pussies who cried every time they'd get killed.  No one got banned or were forced into a "naughty players" corner with a dumbass hat, or were prevented from playing with their friends for doing so.  How about people who go into passive mode are forced into a server where there's no missions to do?  No cops or anything?  That would be real fun.

Hey, it`s not me with the cool DUNCE hat, my good man. Be as argumentative as you want, the fact still stands - you are a little griefer and you know it, otherwise you would`ve not ended in that situation. 

Consider yourself lucky.. on PC you would have received a lifetime ban on your favorite server. And good servers are very few to risk being banned. 

Bad sport is just the symptom - as you can see, forums are used to create invite only lobbies. So, regardless of the existence of bad sport or not, you will still play with like minded players, because nobody will tolerate free roam morons. It is refreshing that a company decided to punish griefers, though. Enjoy the company, sir.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hey, it`s not me with the cool DUNCE hat, my good man. Be as argumentative as you want, the fact still stands - you are a little griefer and you know it, otherwise you would`ve not ended in that situation. 

Consider yourself lucky.. on PC you would have received a lifetime ban on your favorite server. And good servers are very few to risk being banned. 

Bad sport is just the symptom - as you can see, forums are used to create invite only lobbies. So, regardless of the existence of bad sport or not, you will still play with like minded players, because nobody will tolerate free roam morons. It is refreshing that a company decided to punish griefers, though. Enjoy the company, sir.

Way to go insulting me - just more proof to add to the fact that you don't have any ounce of intelligence to counter my argument with.  If you want to play a game without "griefers"(otherwise known as opponents in a COMPETITIVE GAME), I suggest you be the one to get the f*ck out and play something more meant for kids your age.

• El_Santo likes this

El_Santo
  • El_Santo

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

blowing things up etc is the essence of gta. not being a dick. Ive blown up cars that were attacking me-and im a bad sport? the system is broken

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

The only thing I dislike about it, is I get these messages for being a "bad sport" for defending myself when someone else attacks me, and I occasionally blow up their car somehow. The thing is, I'm simply better than them and got the kill instead. Why is it not giving him the message for shooting at me first?

I never randomly kill people, as that is not only unfair, but also gets boring.

BigTimeSpider
  • BigTimeSpider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

You can take off the 'Bad Sport'.
But, keep passive mode, I want to play without getting shot at all the time.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Way to go insulting me - just more proof to add to the fact that you don't have any ounce of intelligence to counter my argument with.  If you want to play a game without "griefers"(otherwise known as opponents in a COMPETITIVE GAME), I suggest you be the one to get the f*ck out and play something more meant for kids your age.

I didn`t insult you. If you feel like it, grow a thicker skin.

And free roam isn`t competition, let alone competitive gameplay. 

Just as you are so hell bent on shoving down my throat YOUR morals, so is Rockstar hell bent on shoving down YOUR throat THEIR morals. It is their game, after all. Just as you don`t like Rockstar for forcing you to do something, neither do I like you for forcing me to do something. 

Whacks Tadpole
  • Whacks Tadpole

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Are you actually speaking English here? Im unsure. Maybe rephrase your question in a way others might understand.

ryuthk
  • ryuthk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:59 AM Edited by ryuthk, 05 October 2013 - 02:01 AM.

No, Just no. Friends or players need to play together = bigger matches/jobs/more fun. And if you want to kill someone you should be able to. But not to kill same person over 10 times over and over again.We are being forced to play free roam as a team oriented game. Free roam should have the freedom to do whatever you want besides cheating. Rockstar learned this from RDR but failed to carry on that knowledge to GTA. The passive mode being buy able and the bad sport system geared to promoting coop gameplay are problemic for pvp and can be abused by players. Just like RDR player who want cooperative gameplay and completing missions played on passive servers while player who weren't afraid of pvp or enjoyed pvp played on regular servers. I fail to see how this does anything but make the game better for players who enjoy different gameplay types.

yea I dont do freeroam coopertivtly I rob stores by myself. Oh poor babies cant run around killing everyone because someone wants to be left alone so they spend 100 bucks of their cash on passive mode, and why are you people crying about being matched with other bad sports if all you want to do is kill players you should be happy to be put by yourselfs in the hell on gta earth you've created.

OatMuffin
  • OatMuffin

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

If ya want to play with your friends and not worry about the minor things, go play in a private match. Or Little Big Planet, that game is passive.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 05 October 2013 - 02:37 AM.

You guys are missing the point, we need a PvP free roam. Because some players like PvP rather than being banned or penalized because they started a fight with passive players. That is the issue, passive players being forced to play with PvP players and the abuse of the bad sport system and passive mode with PvP.

The option to disabled anything bad sport related and passive mode as server setting would be nice as well.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

How do you see if you're a bad sport? I don't mess with people to much but I can see the flaws to this system like a guy tries to kill you and you get him first you could be seen as the bad sport in situations like that and then lose the ability to play with friends (if that does happen?)

Dieing is also expensive 2k that's all I think of when getting killed by someone, I played with a friend earlier showing him you can sell cars to LS Customs and lost 20k in 40 minutes maybe less from getting killed by guys I hadn't done anything to and messing around robbing a couple of stores. I was in passive mode when some of these guys killed me to so I didn't expect him to be able to shoot me and when I tried to pull out my gun it said you're in passive mode so I couldn't even defend myself 3 times it happened.

ryuthk
  • ryuthk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

You guys are missing the point, we need a PvP free roam. Because some players like PvP rather than being banned or penalized because they started a fight with passive players. That is the issue, passive players being forced to play with PvP players and the abuse of the bad sport system and passive mode with PvP.

The option to disabled anything bad sport related and passive mode as server setting would be nice as well.

theres deathmatch  teamdeath match for PvP GTA style racing with weapons all the sorts. In my opionon its perfect free roam is the only place you can drive around, go buy clothes mod your car go on your cell phone to buy properties go to your atm. Now yea you can do that on a solo session but for instance people like me like to have other people in my session. Now could you imagine a bunch of jerks running around trying to kill you everytime your doing your errands yea itd get annoying thats why they have passive mode so you can still enjoy the company of others without worrying about getting shot down before you make it to the atm, or into the clothes shop,.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

I think the passive mode thing is good but It sucks when the police are after you for Accidentally running someone over and you can't pull out your gun to defend yourself unless you first hold select key and turn passive mode off, by then your Dead anyways.

Passive mode should only be passive towards Players and their vehicles not NPC's to.

Bad sport is a bad thing and is not needed in a GTA Game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users