Photo

Remove stupid ass bad sport and passive mode and put them on passive s

219 replies to this topic
Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Whatever, go jwhine more and cry an ocean on how R* f*cked things up.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063553114

You made this thread. :) 

• MisterRawgers likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

So a lot of people are tired of Rockstars stupid ass decision to try and force passive players and regular players into the same matches with the use of an badly nokemented bad sport system and passive mode for purchase in game. This has led to many problems for both passive and regular players.
What needs to happen is the bad sport system and passive mode be put into it's own server type. A passive server like RDR had and regular servers for regular players without the bad sport crap and passive mode.

They already have this. If you grief you are put in a "normal" server and you get a free hat. People who want to battle some times in free mode and mix it up with other stuff such as exploring, cruising, messing with cops, dm, races, etc. They can do that on their own server/session. People who just want to kill in freemode and nothing else and will attack people who just are doing their own thing, they get dunce hats and their own server to play with like minded people. There is nothing to bitch about.

why are people like you always detailing the thread. It is not some bad sport servers like you think. It's a punishment system that gets worse until it starts banning. It is not a f*ckng server.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Steve, YOU CAN NOT INVITE OR PLAY WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT BAD SPORT IF YOU ARE BAD SPORT.  Not friends, no one.  The only others that you can play with are other bad sports.  I mean did you even READ the posts?  I specifically explained this.  Go up a few posts.

Bullsh*t.
They can join you. All it takes is a simple message.
Guess you're too lazy raging at rockstar for everything under the sun to realize that.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Two different situations buddy, your point being? :)

mr.e
  • mr.e

N.Y.C.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Somebody started shooting at me so I chased them down. The person then got out their car and started shooting so I took cover and started shooting back. The person then decided to activate passive mode, couldn't kill them so I decided to do the next best thing and steal their car..I'm immediately projected out of the car and couldn't get back in because the person had locked the vehicle after I stole it..what the f*ck?

Know it's off topic but I felt like posting this anyway.

Regulatron
  • Regulatron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just have all your friends get bad sport.

But they probably aren't really your friends anyway so they aren't going to do that.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Because people like ou don't want things to get better or just want to fight for the fun of it and derail a thread into vulgar name calling. But hey I bet you sent Rockstar feedback saying "don't listen to these assholes because I'm brain dead." you can't seem to get it through your thick skull that players wanting PvP are penalized to the point of a ban. Its not some f*cking server. It's a penalty system that punishes PvP. What I and many others want are PvP centric Free Roam servers were your not penalized for PvP. You do not have to play on these servers. You can go play on other servers but why you fight against this proves how stupid players like you really are. But hey I bet you will just reply without reading this because what you think is always right.

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Alsith, 04 October 2013 - 10:19 PM.

I don't understand the point of this thread. If you become a bad sport you get paired up with other bad sports and you can kill each other over and over like so many (not all) want to do, so why are you complaining?

As for passive mode... it's fine the way it is. You can get runned over while in passive and being shot at while in a vehicle, in other ways, unless you are somewhere not vehicle accessible, you are screwed.

• THE DRAGOON likes this

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 04 October 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Because people like ou don't want things to get better or just want to fight for the fun of it and derail a thread into vulgar name calling. But hey I bet you sent Rockstar feedback saying "don't listen to these assholes because I'm brain dead." you can't seem to get it through your thick skull that players wanting PvP are penalized to the point of a ban. Its not some f*cking server. It's a penalty system that punishes PvP. What I and many others want are PvP centric Free Roam servers were your not penalized for PvP. You do not have to play on these servers. You can go play on other servers but why you fight against this proves how stupid players like you really are. But hey I bet you will just reply without reading this because what you think is always right.
You're so thick-headed to the point where I don't know how to express it.

1. You're the one who insults me.
2. I got NOTHING against PvP, but have server filters, don't force every server into PvP just because this is GTA, you're so high on your horses to the point where you make yourself look like an imbecile.

Calm your tits down and don't judge me before talking to me, easy as.

P.S - No, I don't send such e-mails to Rockstar, I'm not a child.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Alright steve, you aren't even good at trolling.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 04 October 2013 - 10:24 PM.

I don't understand the point of this thread. If you become a bad sport you get paired up with other bad sports and you can kill each other over and over like so many (not all) want to do, so why are you complaining?

As for passive mode... it's fine the way it is. You can get runned over while in passive and being shot at while in a vehicle, in other ways, unless you are somewhere not vehicle accessible, you are screwed.

You obviously have not experience this bad sport system first hand. It's a punishment system that prevents you from playing with your friends and eventually starts banning you for periods of time. It doesn't just put you with other bad sports and leaves it at that. It bans you and forces a dunce hat on character because hey, I guess teachers who abused students with that dunce hat make it ok.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

You're so thick-headed to the point where I don't know how to express it.
1. You're the one who insults me.
2. I got NOTHING against PvP, but have server filters, don't force every server into PvP just because this is GTA, you're so high on your horses to the point where you make yourself look like an imbecile.
Calm your tits down and don't judge me before talking to me, easy as.
P.S - No, I don't send such e-mails to Rockstar, I'm not a child.

Hopefully we can discuss things constructively now.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, sure we can, so.. The Bad Sport system should be improved, but not totally removed, can we agree on that? Why?

Like I mentioned before, I didn't even complete the game's tutorial that I had been griefed, killed and ... Annoyed because some dude thins it's funny. No, it wasn't.

What should we do? Send suggestions to Rockstar to add filters when we join online, if we want PvP or PvE or whatever.

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

No, Just no. Friends or players need to play together = bigger matches/jobs/more fun. And if you want to kill someone you should be able to. But not to kill same person over 10 times over and over again.

We are being forced to play free roam as a team oriented game. Free roam should have the freedom to do whatever you want besides cheating. Rockstar learned this from RDR but failed to carry on that knowledge to GTA. The passive mode being buy able and the bad sport system geared to promoting coop gameplay are problemic for pvp and can be abused by players. Just like RDR player who want cooperative gameplay and completing missions played on passive servers while player who weren't afraid of pvp or enjoyed pvp played on regular servers. I fail to see how this does anything but make the game better for players who enjoy different gameplay types.

It's a valid point. I thought this was the way GTA:O was going to be. Buddy over here just refuses to acknowledge you're right, only for the sake of argument.

He says no then agrees that we are forced into a coop oriented free roam right now.

YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!

What happens when you become a bad sport? You play with other bad sports and that's it, right? So what is the problem? Just pretend that "bad sports" says "PvP" 

Most people only go on passive mode when they are doing something, its not like they stay in on for an hour or whatever.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I play crew only sessions to avoid a-holes and have fun without going in to passive mode and worrying about getting robbed.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 04 October 2013 - 10:33 PM.

No, Just no. Friends or players need to play together = bigger matches/jobs/more fun. And if you want to kill someone you should be able to. But not to kill same person over 10 times over and over again.

We are being forced to play free roam as a team oriented game. Free roam should have the freedom to do whatever you want besides cheating. Rockstar learned this from RDR but failed to carry on that knowledge to GTA. The passive mode being buy able and the bad sport system geared to promoting coop gameplay are problemic for pvp and can be abused by players. Just like RDR player who want cooperative gameplay and completing missions played on passive servers while player who weren't afraid of pvp or enjoyed pvp played on regular servers. I fail to see how this does anything but make the game better for players who enjoy different gameplay types.

It's a valid point. I thought this was the way GTA:O was going to be. Buddy over here just refuses to acknowledge you're right, only for the sake of argument.
He says no then agrees that we are forced into a coop oriented free roam right now.

YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!

What happens when you become a bad sport? You play with other bad sports and that's it, right? So what is the problem? Just pretend that "bad sports" says "PvP" 

Most people only go on passive mode when they are doing something, its not like they stay in on for an hour or whatever.
Is not pvp you get banned for continuing PvP and you can't play with freinds. Someone has no idea what they are even talking about. It's a punishment system were you get a free hat associated with child abuse throughout history for trying to play PvP.

Why do you argue against having PvP free roam servers?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, sure we can, so.. The Bad Sport system should be improved, but not totally removed, can we agree on that? Why?
Like I mentioned before, I didn't even complete the game's tutorial that I had been griefed, killed and ... Annoyed because some dude thins it's funny. No, it wasn't.
What should we do? Send suggestions to Rockstar to add filters when we join online, if we want PvP or PvE or whatever.

We need a revamped version for PvP. Because destroying people's cars and other killing or PvP related activities would trigger the bad sport.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

That's what I said in my previous post, a revamped bad sport system or server filters.

Rockstar asked that you send them suggestions at idk what e-mail, do so.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

That's what I said in my previous post, a revamped bad sport system or server filters.
Rockstar asked that you send them suggestions at idk what e-mail, do so.

I have sent a lot of feedback on the feedback thing I linked to but why would their email take priority over the already there support system?

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Bad sport SOUNDS like a good idea, but it's really not. Whatever happened to just leaving if someone annoys you? I played plenty of Red Dead and if someone was messing with me, I was given the option to spawn somewhere else. Or I could just find a new session. So what? It was never a big deal. In fact, I usually found it hilarious when someone would blow us all up during a co-op game. You know why? Because it's a game and I could very easily go somewhere else.

The biggest problem with becoming a bad sport is that you can get punished even if you're in free mode with a bunch of your friends. Why should we not be able to kill each other every once in a while? Or what if you do it by accident. What if someone is coming after us and in a desperate move to get away, I accidentally hit my friend and kill him? Why should that ever count against me? I watched a video online where three friends were robbing a store, one of the guys went to shoot the guy behind the counter and he was too close to his friend, so he punched him in the head and killed him by mistake. They were all laughing about it, but it's no longer fun if you get punished for it.

They can't keep the system the way it is because too many people will be punished for nothing more than mistakes ... seriously, if your bad behavior is kept forever, thousands of people will eventually succumb simply by accident ... and the last thing Rockstar wants is for a large number of people to stop playing because they can't play with their friends anymore after being banned for simply playing the game for a long time.

Besides, I've already found a flaw in both that system and the passive mode. A guy came after me in his car. He was on passive. I was not. I couldn't shoot him, of course. So he hit me with his car. Again ... and again ... and again. Until I hit the ground hard enough to kill me. But instead of him getting a kill, since he technically could not, I simply died ... in other words, he was able to kill me without it counting against him AND while he was on passive so I couldn't touch him.

Why can't they just have people go to a passive mode like they did in Red Dead? That seemed to work well, at least the few times that I used it.

• DP Man likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Found the email for feedback: [email protected]

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by Alsith, 04 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

You obviously have not experience this bad sport system first hand. It's a punishment system that prevents you from playing with your friends and eventually starts banning you for periods of time. It doesn't just put you with other bad sports and leaves it at that. It bans you and forces a dunce hat on character because hey, I guess teachers who abused students with that dunce hat make it ok.

I haven't experienced it, because I am not chasing people around and screwing them up for my own fun.

A few tweaks could take care of it but honestly, I don't see a thing wrong with this system. I have killed in self-defense and I'm a Good Sport. If you want to play with friends and f*ck people around... wouldn't your friends also be heading towards the bad sport side?

Then again, you only get banned for two days (from what I've seen on the forums, so not sure if true of not), so you can still choose not to be an annoying player towards others.

As for the hat... Is it removable in any way? Because that's the only thing that I don't like.

Tattooey
  • Tattooey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

You're crying because you can't spawn kill players?? They are not going to turn this game into call of duty. You can piss and moan all you want it's not gonna happen. So chill out cod ghosts will be out in about a month until then you don't like it don't play the game.

Me and millions and millions of other players are busting our asses off trying to earn and save money to purchase expensive things while in the mean time douch bags like the OP are having a sh*t fit because they can't spawn kill us and cause us to lose all our cash. Each time you die is a $2,000 hospital bill deduction straight from you're bank which sucks but the last thing we need is some fa**ot spawn killing us. 10 deaths is $20,000. Which takes forever to rack back up. Regardless of what game mode you play online everytime you die you lose 2k.

Get off gta and go back to modern warfare 2. Stop trying to turn every game into call of duty. Every single game that comes out these kids cry and cry to have the game changed to its more similar to cod based spawn camping spawn killing garbage. These game wasn't made for you to rape everyone online. If you can't understand that then go back to cod or go back to gta4. This is a cooperative play type multiplayer.

Brumsle
  • Brumsle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by Brumsle, 05 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

So a lot of people are tired of Rockstars stupid ass decision to try and force passive players and regular players into the same matches with the use of an badly nokemented bad sport system and passive mode for purchase in game. This has led to many problems for both passive and regular players.

What needs to happen is the bad sport system and passive mode be put into it's own server type. A passive server like RDR had and regular servers for regular players without the bad sport crap and passive mode.

After 20 times trying to get online a "bad sport" player was hunting me...i had no ammo in my pistol, respawned always near by him, and he got a boner killing me all the way to ammunation, where i could buy 32 shots and after the purchase that stupid little f*ck killed me through the doors.

I figured out how to change the server and found myself after shopping with some other player that sat on my motorbike. We robbed and had fun together.

So i would say the system that gets bad sport gamers together is just perfect. If you like to kill without sense and with no competition, go play with other (imo) assholes like you. If you like to play the game as kind of RPG, its nice to not beeing bothered by stupid kiddies and morons. Especially since you are seperated from your crew while joining the "free play".

This is not stupid COD. R* made a system to seperate kos noobs from real gamers. The only reason one can dislike it is because he cant be stronger than a unarmed person. Because you can earn money, rep and everything in fair deathmatches. But fair is not as cool as ganking, i know. Your gaming style is as old as multiplayergames are, and gamer spit on that kind of gaming for the same amount of time. Go camp in BF4, and see how beloved you are.

There is no need to kill someone because he is just there. It doesnt make sense, its not fair (looking at the different levels and oppinions in weapons and so on) and if you are seperated from your crew its nothing multyplayerish....its just some assholes with rifles hunting low armed players for 2 hours. No skill needet to do that, so dont lie about skill. Weak, bad players push themselves up by stress other players. They are bad players, they should stay with others of theyr kind.

Why whining? If everyone that is above that "skill" is just a whiner, be happy to be forced to only play with other "skillers" like yourself...you morons are complaining that gamers are noskill in relation to gankers, but if a system puts all you superskillergankers together you also whine? How pathetic can someone be?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

After 20 times trying to get online a "bad sport" player was hunting me...i had no ammo in my pistol, respawned always near by him, and he got a boner killing me all the way to ammunation, where i could buy 32 shots and after the purchase that stupid little f*ck killed me through the doors.

I figured out how to change the server and found myself after shopping with some other player that sat on my motorbike. We robbed and had fun together.

So i would say the system that gets bad sport gamers together is just perfect. If you like to kill without sense and with no competition, go play with other (imo) assholes like you. If you like to play the game as kind of RPG, its nice to not beeing bothered by stupid kiddies and morons. Especially since you are seperated from your crew while joining the "free play".

This is not stupid COD. R* made a system to seperate kos noobs from real gamers. The only reason one can dislike it is because he cant be stronger than a unarmed person. 

There is no need to kill someone because he is just there.

Someonedidn't read any other posts in this thread.

Finaldeath
  • Finaldeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Open matches should keep the bad sport system. Invite only, crew and friends matches should have the bad sport sytem removed entirely, and/or a new free mode that makes it more or less like gta 4 multiplayer for people to mess around in.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 05 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.

The real problem is these idiots just wanna kill you destroy your property and not pay your hospital fees go in DM I hate how sometimes before I can bank cash I get spawned into a car crash fest with all the kids who then start to insult me...

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

This is not stupid COD. R* made a system to seperate kos noobs from real gamers. The only reason one can dislike it is because he cant be stronger than a unarmed person. Because you can earn money, rep and everything in fair deathmatches. But fair is not as cool as ganking, i know. Your gaming style is as old as multiplayergames are, and gamer spit on that kind of gaming for the same amount of time. Go camp in BF4, and see how beloved you are.

There is no need to kill someone because he is just there.

GTA isn't an RPG either.  GTFO.

Razekal
  • Razekal

The Raze

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

So... I have not even played online yet but, from what I get it seems that "Free Roam" is where you and a bunch of friends go to make money and buy stuff and hang out. So people who negatively affect this are punished for doing so.

Then there are other competitive modes like Deathmatch and stuff.

So... you're upset because you cannot kill other players in free roam without incurring penalties? Isn't that what the other modes are for?

I fail to see why people are upset about this.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

So... I have not even played online yet but, from what I get it seems that "Free Roam" is where you and a bunch of friends go to make money and buy stuff and hang out. So people who negatively affect this are punished for doing so.

Then there are other competitive modes like Deathmatch and stuff.

So... you're upset because you cannot kill other players in free roam without incurring penalties? Isn't that what the other modes are for?

I fail to see why people are upset about this.

There are other modes for pretty much everything else in the game that you can do and yet you are not reprimanded for doing them in free roam.  Fact is there should be NO restrictions on a public free roam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users