Quantcast

» «
Photo

driving mechanics, petition

26 replies to this topic

Poll: driving mechanics (75 member(s) have cast votes)

which driving mechanics is better?

1. GTAIV style (18 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

2. GTAV (52 votes [69.33%])

Percentage of vote: 69.33%

3. no matter (5 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
nigidia
  • nigidia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

if u want GTAIV driving style sign: http://www.change.or...o-gta-4-style-2

i'm not trolling just want good game.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

if you want a good game why would you want 4. The driving is perfect go play 4 if you don't like it and quit trying to f*ck sh*t up on this game by bitching until they change sh*t

• StarFyer and don ovdi' island like this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

i was playing iv today it really just showed how sh*t the driving In v really is in Comparison. 

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

The driving is perfect go play 4 if you don't like it and quit trying to f*ck sh*t up on this game by bitching until they change sh*t

Amireke
  • Amireke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

... I honestly want to know what goes through the head of the people that start these petitions.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by Saint., 04 October 2013 - 08:27 PM.

I honestly doubt a petition is going to change much right now,and do you think you could possibly climb up a mountain or such with a car using IVs driving? There would be just so much to change,and Vs driving physics are actually awesome. Sure,it takes time to get used to,but other then that,you'll start to love it :)

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

The more i thought about the driving physics in GTAV the more I came to like them, the cars are far superior than IV they dont catch fire as easy, yes they can really get screwed up and drive funny but I like it, They handle better, they can take more of a beating vs IV. To me they are much more robust when in collisions unless you hit a pole and damage the front in but I like it much better.

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

I honestly doubt a petition is going to change much right now,and do you think you could possibly climb up a mountain or such with a car using IVs driving? There would be just so much to change,and V's driving physics are actually awesome. Sure,it takes time to get used to,but other then that,you'll start to love it :)

Yes, the car hugs the road way better, even on mountains, One day I hope to see 4X4 with better suspension travel and flex capabilities, but they nailed it for what they can get out of this platform.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

IV's physics were not bad but after playing V it's almost impossible to go back to that handling...

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Replace "better" with "easier for idiots" and that's why we have what we have in V unfortunately.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

No. Go play GTA IV for you precious ice rink driving.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Lots of people have said it.. Don't ruin it for us.. If you get your way gta v handling will not exist but for iv handling you can always play gta iv so it's kinda unfair

Not to talk of you poll... Most people are against it.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Everybody in the real world thinks the driving in GTA V is better.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just goes to show you that you can never please everyone. I really liked the driving learning curve in GTA4 but for obvious reasons (see challenging) many people said they hated it and that they preferred the GTA3 gen handling. Now 5 comes out and I really like the way its driving mechanics are done as well (play LA Noir - same style) and now people want to go back to 4? Someone at R* is facepalming hard at that one.

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

No, I like V's driving mechanic more than IV's.

nigidia
  • nigidia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

we just want to add an option. not revert at all. so everyone play what he liked to.

CitySlikah
  • CitySlikah

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Honestly I like IV driving better, mainly because you could get the tires spinning and drift around corners perfectly, and theres was more sliding. I love the banshee becuase you could whip it around turns, on V you cant really do that.

V is good also, its just different.  they seemed to take out the sliding mechanic. So the cars are way more gripped to the pavment. All in all. I really do like V's driving, its just a different game, so people are gonna have to get used to it.

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

The other day I was driving up the mountains thinking to myself "this wouldn't have been at all possible with IV's driving mechanics". So with that thought, I knew that Rockstar made the choice with the driving mechanics in V.

23Jarek23
  • 23Jarek23

ya momma

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

What most people fail to grasp, op. Is that with GTA4 mechanics, driving out in the desert and mountains would be way too frustrating. I was kinda let down with the new mechanics, loved 4. But they're better for this world. 

Amireke
  • Amireke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Replace "better" with "easier for idiots" and that's why we have what we have in V unfortunately.

Easier for idiots? You're implying that the driving in GTA 4 took a genius to master, which it didn't. It's a different style for a different game. The driving in GTA 4 worked for the setting and physics that specific game had. The style of driving in GTA 5 fits the gameplay and environment that the game takes place in. Don't get me wrong, I love the driving in both games, but both styles of driving fits their respective games. I'd hate to have to experience the slow and sluggish GTA 4 driving while trying to traverse in 5's world.

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

GTA IV

- Larger turn radius
- Slower Cars
- Super loose suspension
- No ABS

GTA V

- Tighter turn radius
- Faster cars
- Tighter suspension
- ABS on more cars, not all

Both games

- Neither hard to master
- TCS off on some cars
- Neither is more realistic than the other
- Both have their fans

nigidia
  • nigidia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

(...)
GTA V

- Tighter suspension

(...)

though in GTAV car havnt suspension

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

I didn't like the vehicle handling in 4, it felt like every car was a 10 tonne boat with wheels. 5 is much better

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

(...)
GTA V

- Tighter suspension

(...)

though in GTAV car havnt suspension

I'm going to assume English is not your native language. But the cars do have suspensions and you can clearly see them working if you even did look at all. They just aren't the ridiculously loose suspensions from IV that to this day I will never understand what Rockstar was thinking. IV is one of my favorite games of all time and the driving was very enjoyable, but man, why was every car's suspension so loose? It was quite funny. And IV and V both take zero to no skill to master. So there is no point in saying one is easier or harder than the other when both are pretty easy to do what you want.

nigidia
  • nigidia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by nigidia, 05 October 2013 - 08:02 AM.

In IV suspension works pretty good, not perfect but very similar to real. in IV  cars in corners have balanced to sides, in V even in suv and truck they arent. You should observe the road, highways , you willnt have stupoid question after that. Please look on youtube "saudi drift" its the way how car handling.

ps. sorry for my english

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

GTA5 default driving is for people that are not good at driving so they need an extremely easy and forgiving experience as just to speed from place to place without any challenge whatsoever.  If so many people actually like it it means there are that many unskilled folks in this generation.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

IV driving is far better.
V driving is far more practicle for this game. Meaning we have to be able to drive for more than a few minutes without having to change cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users