Photo

Bad Sport - Is this a joke?

83 replies to this topic
ONAOGTAVGRIF
  • ONAOGTAVGRIF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

What happens if you are a bad sport? It really sucks that they have that feature. I mean playing nice is not really the spirit of GTA imo. THe best thing in GTA IV for me was trashing peoples races by stealing a bus and parking it sideways in some small alley so they all crash

Good ol f*ckin days bro. Man, so fun.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

A race where theirs a random bus in the alley u have to go through? That's hilarious dude count me in just so I can watch people hit it. If you want a serios game go play one this is GTA the game where everything is about being cruel and hilarious. Wake up for Jesus Christ stop being a bitch. Some of u people are just stupid.

Wrong game dude. Cruel and hilarious is saints row.

This game being about criminal Enterprises doesn't mean all you have to do is kill each other constantly. This is why there is deathmatch and lts. Sometimes you wanna roam the map and Rob npcs. Or roam the map on a rampage running from the cops. And most players don't want to get randomly plugged because some twit decided he just wants to kill everyone.

Vocal minority and everything. However, I do have to say that private servers should be exempt from the bad sport system. However on the flip side, why would friends be running around blowing each other up in their personal vehicles?

ONAOGTAVGRIF
  • ONAOGTAVGRIF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just because people kick you for no reason or you didnt know the passive rules. 

How long will it last? 

20131004_143141.jpg

20131004_143018.jpg

gueevaarrrr

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Just because people kick you for no reason or you didnt know the passive rules. 

How long will it last? 

20131004_143141.jpg

20131004_143018.jpg

Apparently it lasts 2 days although no one is sure whether it it is 2 real days or 2 in-game days.

2 real days, do any killing get more, d/c get more, pretty much stand there with that dumb hat till it goes away to actually go back to normal play....

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

I used to love parking that airport bus thing across the gates at the airport in GTA races with health only on in GTA4. Watch people pile up and there was no way through so they had to go the long way around. Or driving out of blind corners in a car on motorbike races and watching people go flying.

Or in motorbikes heading straight at them and ripping the handbrake and turning side on and they went flying. Especially just before the finish line.

I am going to create a character just for bad sport.

• ONAOGTAVGRIF likes this

Ozzy0sb
  • Ozzy0sb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

I got some warning today for being a bad sport because I got kicked from a session just after loading. I don't have the hat so I think I'm fine for now but it's stupid. Why can people even kick you from a session?

This whole system is kinda wierd,

How exclacly do you get to be a bad sport?

Where do you see if you're a bad sport or not?

How is it even logical to be a bad sport for being kick for loading in a session?

Why have a bad sport system if you can just kick people?

Why is this in GTA in the first place?

Bleh

FearTheAmish
  • FearTheAmish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

so many idiots... you dont get Bad boy points for shooting people.... hell my new favorite things is leaving stickies on apartment doors and that doesn't even bad boy you. Destroying insured cars, and leaving missions THAT IS IT. Really folks? is not doing those 2 things so f*cking hard?

SmokeyTheBlunts
  • SmokeyTheBlunts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

I understand  free roam but you cant even do a private crew free roam with your friends and missions as well  I use sticky's on bounty's to blow up cars to make it easy for myself. That is not being a bad sport you have a bounty which means kill any way necessary and i am labeled as a bad sport. And the way i got it is ridiculous. It was from blowing up my friends cars in a mission we wanted to fail.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by Kromix, 09 October 2013 - 06:51 AM.

I understand  free roam but you cant even do a private crew free roam with your friends and missions as well  I use sticky's on bounty's to blow up cars to make it easy for myself. That is not being a bad sport you have a bounty which means kill any way necessary and i am labeled as a bad sport. And the way i got it is ridiculous. It was from blowing up my friends cars in a mission we wanted to fail.

The only ones being bad sports here are the care bear whiners and Rockstar ... This is GTA ?! they should all go back to their pve servers in wow ... you wont get looted or killed there and you can even pick flowers and collect teddy bears ...

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

anyways to the OP http://gtaforums.com...mmend-xbox-360/

not sure if you are on xbox

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

It's kind of a love hate relationship with me and the "bad sport" thing.

I like it cuz it punishes the grieving assholes and It separates the people that love to run around and kill other players for no reason. ESPECIALLY when I'm trying to put money in the bank and I get f*ckin blasted people robbing you right after a job is equivalent to game progress not being saved so I get pissed like other. From the people that mind their own business and go about their day.

But I think they have something's to work out with the bad sport system. There have been plenty of times where the game has glitched or I have been kicked from a game by other players for no reason and I get the bad sport message which sucks.

kendall902
  • kendall902

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Ok, I had to make an account here strictly to comment on this thread.

I think the Pool is a good idea to keep the trolls and cheaters away, and the game play smooth for us. (yes, I say "us" while currently sitting in the Pool myself)
However, the parameters for being thrown in the pool need to be tweaked.

Keep in mind this is still GTA we're talking about here, so be realistic, and follow along- how often in any GTA story would you go out on any random day, and senselessly kill hundreds of people in a road rage fueled attack on society? That kind of thing is expected; it's what gave GTA so much controversy years ago, and that controversy is what boosted the popularity of the franchise.
Now, that kind of behavior is expected, right? So when someone comes along online and decides now is his rage moment- we blow it off as "GTA stuff"
That being said, if someone is having a "GTA moment" and makes you his target, why would it be considered being a bad sport for ending his rage session and torment to the player with a well placed, defensively used, sticky bomb?

Anyone saying "the only people complaining are the trolls who belong there" can sit on it and spin. I'm no troll, but will defend myself from them. And when even standing your ground gets you put in the Pool, what are you supposed to do? Get rolled up on and just let him kill you till you're broke, or give him a little of your own "GTA moment" and end his torment of the online world?
Seems like I'm being punished for taking the superhero/defend yourself path in this open world sandbox of death and destruction.

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I live to grief in GTAO! my fun is all that matters, your tears only feed my rage and support my cause.

keep the tears coming, please and thank you

englishpunk
  • englishpunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Every so often I get a warning about being a bad sport, generally I'll play nice, but if someone spawn kills me for example then I'll chase them, which seems fair enough to me, though if I destroy their car I'm a bad sport, and if they're with friends then I'm likely to get kicked because they can generally give it out but not take it, which is another strike. Quitting jobs probably needs to be removed from the bad sport list too or tweaked at least, I can see what they were trying to do (keep games full and stop losing players leaving), but I'm not convinced it works, as the only people who seem to be being penalised are those that experience connection issues, maybe when the game is truly stable, which isn't quite yet.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Every so often I get a warning about being a bad sport, generally I'll play nice, but if someone spawn kills me for example then I'll chase them, which seems fair enough to me, though if I destroy their car I'm a bad sport, and if they're with friends then I'm likely to get kicked because they can generally give it out but not take it, which is another strike. Quitting jobs probably needs to be removed from the bad sport list too or tweaked at least, I can see what they were trying to do (keep games full and stop losing players leaving), but I'm not convinced it works, as the only people who seem to be being penalised are those that experience connection issues, maybe when the game is truly stable, which isn't quite yet.

no way mate, thats probably the most important part of the bad sport system.  No one wants idiots who quit all the time joining their missions and f*cking them up, lol!  Tweaked maybe, but removed, never.  Im sure its just as buggy as the rest of the game and needs refinement.  I play tons and tons of missions and ive only got the kicked/bug thing one time so far.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

But I think they have something's to work out with the bad sport system. There have been plenty of times where the game has glitched or I have been kicked from a game by other players for no reason and I get the bad sport message which sucks.

Same here. But not only that I hate it when I'm minding my own business and some idiot shoots at me or tries to run me over. I recently unlocked the grenade launcher and have it out at all times and I blew up at least 3 people yesterday who came after me and got three Bad Sport warnings because of it. What? Some fool starts something and I'm not allowed to blow him up just because he was dumb enough to drive his own car? Pfft.

So now I just have the heavy SMG out, although it doesn't have quite the stopping power the grenade launcher has.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Same here. But not only that I hate it when I'm minding my own business and some idiot shoots at me or tries to run me over. I recently unlocked the grenade launcher and have it out at all times and I blew up at least 3 people yesterday who came after me and got three Bad Sport warnings because of it. What? Some fool starts something and I'm not allowed to blow him up just because he was dumb enough to drive his own car? Pfft.

So now I just have the heavy SMG out, although it doesn't have quite the stopping power the grenade launcher has.

hes not dumb for using his own car, hes smart.  He knows that if you blow it up you will be the one in trouble.  SMG sucks ass, try the carbine or the assault rifle, kills them quick.  but if you have the grenade launcher do you have combat MG? that would be best probably.  Im always watching my map for fools trying to come up on me and when I see them I stop get out and shoot them in the face with my carbine or MG as they are driving up to me spraying wildly with their micro smgs .  After you pop them 3 or 4 times they switch servers usually or at the very least start going away from you instead of towards you, lol!

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

You have to do commit a fair and frequent amount of offenses to get put into the actual Bad Sport servers.  I've blown up my fair share of personal vehicles (on purpose and by accident) and I've left a few jobs here and there and my status still says Good Sport (pause go to online players list and highlight your name).

I resort to blowing up someone's vehicle only if players are really getting on my nerves or deserve it. 

kendall902
  • kendall902

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

You have to do commit a fair and frequent amount of offenses to get put into the actual Bad Sport servers.  I've blown up my fair share of personal vehicles (on purpose and by accident) and I've left a few jobs here and there and my status still says Good Sport (pause go to online players list and highlight your name).

I resort to blowing up someone's vehicle only if players are really getting on my nerves or deserve it.

yeah, but it stacks up. I was exactly like you and most everyone else- just minding my business, killing the occasional would-be murderer, then one day I sign on, play a bit, get rolled up on.. The next thing I know, I'm being told I'm a bad sport and can't see my friends for 2 days. Anyway... Be careful. You don't wanna be in here... Its assholes with tanks outside your apartment, and sticky bomb ambushes at every pay and spray. Don't come in here. Bad sport pool= game ruined for the innocent. I haven't done anything in 2 days cause even in missions you only get guys that don't move or hit you with their car to waste lives. Stay out.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

i had bad sport for 2 days, got it off, got it back and now i have to wear the hat for 4 day, i wonder if next time it will be 8 days?

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

yeah, but it stacks up. I was exactly like you and most everyone else- just minding my business, killing the occasional would-be murderer, then one day I sign on, play a bit, get rolled up on.. The next thing I know, I'm being told I'm a bad sport and can't see my friends for 2 days. Anyway... Be careful. You don't wanna be in here... Its assholes with tanks outside your apartment, and sticky bomb ambushes at every pay and spray. Don't come in here. Bad sport pool= game ruined for the innocent. I haven't done anything in 2 days cause even in missions you only get guys that don't move or hit you with their car to waste lives. Stay out.

Well I'm glad they are in there because that's just not my idea of fun. Too each their own.  I suppose some people believe that terrorists and criminals are the same thing.

I would hope my status would first change from Good Sport to Dodgy before it went full Bad Sport but thanks for the warning.

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:51 AM Edited by Slight0, 16 October 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Oh my f*cking jesus the amount of fa**otry on this forum is inconceivable. Nearly everyone I've ever met hates the bad sport system and in every other online community they actively despise it, even a few popular youtube channels doing GTAO videos are running into problems with it. Yet, there are bunch of kids here who actually support it? I love how consistently dumb the people here are. I'm not even gonna waste any more time telling you downsies why the bad sport system is terrible, you should all feel bad.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

Taylor-Swift-Laughing-Gif-taylor-swift-3

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

Well, I've been experiencing some difficulties with this 'bad sport' system.

When in free mode, and not in a job, sometimes, the message "Other players have kicked you out of this session". That's ok I can find another session, but when I do it says that, and I quote "You previously left a job without completing it, if you do this you'll become a bad sport"
What's up with that ? It wasn't my fault, but there's some problem there.

I like the system, and I try the best to not become a 'bad sport' but this things need to be fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users