Quantcast

» «
Photo

L2-Brake button = Character f*cking jumps out of vehicle.

22 replies to this topic
Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

AAAAAHHH!!!!

Something is f*cking wrong with my copy of GTA V (PS3). 
When driving around in a vehicle, if I press the brake button, the character jumps out of the car!!! Not everytime, but 60% of the time which makes it almost unplayable!!

WHAT THE HELL is up with that? Anyone else experiencing the same problem? 

Regards,

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

It's most likely something to do with your controller, and not the game in question. Have you attempted to use said controller with another game? Does it perform equally erratic? If so, you might have to take it apart and attempt a fix:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=utyGiSH3rns

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Whats your controller set on?

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

My controller works perfect on any other game, that's the weird part. I use the standard control type in this game. And it only seems to get worse... Now if I press the R3, the horn, the character exits the vehicle as well! Good luck using Franklins special ability! Man he f*cking jumps put everytime... 

I don't remember it being like this the first few hours of playing so I'm guessing it's the game..

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the controller video BTW, might as well try it though it works good on other games.

backstabber
  • backstabber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

I have the same problem, with me also the phone keeps popping up

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yes, now my phone pops up, cinematic view is engaged, vehicle weapon changes etc. when pressing R3... 

Not being able to brake without jumping out of the f*cking car is very frustrating.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:35 PM Edited by gta_fan28, 06 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Me too, I often encounter that and it's f*cking annoying. Especially when driving cars and even planes and helicopters the character jump out even if I'm not pressing the Triangle button. Which lead to mission failed.. In others games the controller works fine..

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Me too, I often encounter that and it's f*cking annoying. Especially when driving cars and even planes and helicopters the character jump out even if I'm not pressing the Triangle button. Which lead to mission failed.. In others games the controller works fine..

Man I really hope R* can fix this with an update or something...

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I don't know man but I'm about to lose my faith on them. They didn't even fix the oily texture on Xbox360 version.. I'm starting to believe that they are kinda lazy. Imagine 5 years of development and 200 million $ budget but the game has too many technical problems, like bad textures, oily textures especially at night, glitches and freezing.

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I don't know man but I'm about to lose my faith on them. They didn't even fix the oily texture on Xbox360 version.. I'm starting to believe that they are kinda lazy. Imagine 5 years of development and 200 million $ budget but the game has too many technical problems, like bad textures, oily textures especially at night, glitches and freezing.

Yep, it's hard to enjoy a game to it's fullest with all the glitches and bugs... I'll cross my fingers for an update or something.

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Tried to reinstall the game but that didn't help one bit. What the f*ck is up Rockstar? 

Oadslug
  • Oadslug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Same problem. Sucks.

Platypus_Gang
  • Platypus_Gang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Platypus_Gang, 31 October 2013 - 10:07 PM.

I started having this problem during GTA IV. No other games seemed to have the problem. But them I got GTA V and it was almost unplayable.(espesially the jumping out of cars but I couldn't do anything without the phone popping up every 5 seconds) After a little research I concluded it was our controllers. After ordering a new one I felt safe taking the old ones apart and tinkering with them. They all work perfect now and I didn't have to throw out $50 controllers that were only a few years old. Here's a link to video I watched, the guy explains exactly what's going wrong and how to fix it. Hope it helps Oh, side note the R1, R2, and L1, L2 buttons can be harder to get back in than the videos suggest be patient and test them before screwing it back together. You'll know when they are in right they will feel normal and spring back without getting stuck on the R1 and L1 buttons I had to use a small flat head to push the contacts down behind the buttons. If you take your time and pay attention to where everything goes and how it fits during dismantling the unit reassembling should be pretty easy.   http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7cnXHaHw1qA

TheMarkOfKhan
  • TheMarkOfKhan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

My controller works perfect on any other game, that's the weird part. I use the standard control type in this game. And it only seems to get worse... Now if I press the R3, the horn, the character exits the vehicle as well! Good luck using Franklins special ability! Man he f*cking jumps put everytime... 

I don't remember it being like this the first few hours of playing so I'm guessing it's the game..

Probably because your controller settings are messed up, Press start in-game and go to controller setup on the settings tab and change it to default.

rockz199188
  • rockz199188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Same issue here.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 15 November 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Just asking, so please don't kill me.

Did you try to reinstall the game?

(I guess you won't lose much of a progress with the problem you describe...)

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

I started having this problem during GTA IV. No other games seemed to have the problem. But them I got GTA V and it was almost unplayable.(espesially the jumping out of cars but I couldn't do anything without the phone popping up every 5 seconds) After a little research I concluded it was our controllers. After ordering a new one I felt safe taking the old ones apart and tinkering with them. They all work perfect now and I didn't have to throw out $50 controllers that were only a few years old. Here's a link to video I watched, the guy explains exactly what's going wrong and how to fix it. Hope it helps Oh, side note the R1, R2, and L1, L2 buttons can be harder to get back in than the videos suggest be patient and test them before screwing it back together. You'll know when they are in right they will feel normal and spring back without getting stuck on the R1 and L1 buttons I had to use a small flat head to push the contacts down behind the buttons. If you take your time and pay attention to where everything goes and how it fits during dismantling the unit reassembling should be pretty easy.   http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7cnXHaHw1qA

Hey thanks for the input and the link. Might be worth a shot. 

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just asking, so please don't kill me.

Did you try to reinstall the game?

(I guess you won't lose much of a progress with the problem you describe...)

Yep, tried that a couple of time but the problem is still there.. 

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

How can it be our controllers if it's happening to so many people?

Still, it's got to the point now where I need to try taking it apart or I can't play any more, sick of having the phone pop up every few seconds, especially when shooting.

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

So I tried the controller fix last night and now the L2 button doesn't work, took my wife nearly an hour to put the bloody thing back together again too.

Someyoungguy
  • Someyoungguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hey, I tried the controller fix that Platypus_Gang recommended and it worked for me. No more jumping out of the motherf*cking car while braking! Hope this works for the rest of you too!

watson177
  • watson177

What should I write here?

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

i've lost so many online races and bets because of this. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users