Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else think the cops are absolutely broken?

40 replies to this topic
tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Skill beat

If anything, cops are almost too easy to get away from in this game! There are tons of places that cop cars and helicopters will never see you.

But I think that all depends on the person and car, especially if you're in a vehicle that you can't ditch.

In SP I tend to drive high-end cars but that damage really easily. A minor collision and one of the front tires will jam inside the wheel well and now you can't turn for sh*t.

Online though I unintentionally ended up with the Weeny Issi (Mini Cooper) as my personal car and that baby can recover from collisions in seconds, turn almost on a dime, and fit through tight alleys like you wouldn't believe. She's not the fastest thing on the road but I can out maneuver the cops every time in that car like I never could in the high-end cars.

I was even being chased by another player trying to kill me. He had a much faster muscle car that was gaining on me, so I just made a bunch of turns. He spun out every time he tried to make the same turns and could never catch me. And my car has only the basic free upgrades I got in the beginning!

Goes to show skill beats brute force. 

One thing to note: From my experience, you can't jam your wheels and have them locked up like you can in single player.

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

If you have a 3 stars after a robbery, just put sunglasses on in your inventory instead of your mask, or vice versa. You will drop a wanted level star. You can do this only if the cops do not see you. It's pretty f*ckin easy.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

One thing to note: From my experience, you can't jam your wheels and have them locked up like you can in single player.

Yeah, you can. I saw some dude driving around the city with a car that was totally wrecked.. The car was driving at such a slow crawl, that I decided to pummel his car a bit more. I'm pretty sure he was on his way to the auto shop to get it fixed. I mean, why else would someone drive a car that wrecked up?

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, you can. I saw some dude driving around the city with a car that was totally wrecked.. The car was driving at such a slow crawl, that I decided to pummel his car a bit more. I'm pretty sure he was on his way to the auto shop to get it fixed. I mean, why else would someone drive a car that wrecked up?

LOL, when I went to repo the pink car for Simeon the cops shot out all 4 tires, so I ditched the car and close by was one of those "Coil" cars, so I grabbed it and was able to lose the cops fairly easy.  Then I went back to the pink car and had to drive it quite a ways to Simeon's place.  This car was completely trashed and driving on all 4 rims...and I still got $5,000 for the mission. :lol:

HeavySaucer
  • HeavySaucer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

If anything, cops are almost too easy to get away from in this game! There are tons of places that cop cars and helicopters will never see you.

But I think that all depends on the person and car, especially if you're in a vehicle that you can't ditch.

In SP I tend to drive high-end cars but that damage really easily. A minor collision and one of the front tires will jam inside the wheel well and now you can't turn for sh*t.

Online though I unintentionally ended up with the Weeny Issi (Mini Cooper) as my personal car and that baby can recover from collisions in seconds, turn almost on a dime, and fit through tight alleys like you wouldn't believe. She's not the fastest thing on the road but I can out maneuver the cops every time in that car like I never could in the high-end cars.

I was even being chased by another player trying to kill me. He had a much faster muscle car that was gaining on me, so I just made a bunch of turns. He spun out every time he tried to make the same turns and could never catch me. And my car has only the basic free upgrades I got in the beginning!

Nice, sounds a bit like the movie The Italian Job!

I don't have a personal car right now, so it's usually just a random car that I'm using to escape from the cops. It's hard to describe the methods I use to get away, I just make a lot of turns down alleyways until I find a spot that can't be seen by the road. It seems to me that the cops will never come down an alley unless they see you. If you can't see the road from where you are, chances are that people on the road can't see you either.

When they throw choppers in the mix, I do pretty much the same thing. I just look for anything that I can get underneath, and more often than not I end up in some hobo camp under the freeway lol!

HeavySaucer
  • HeavySaucer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

LOL, when I went to repo the pink car for Simeon the cops shot out all 4 tires, so I ditched the car and close by was one of those "Coil" cars, so I grabbed it and was able to lose the cops fairly easy.  Then I went back to the pink car and had to drive it quite a ways to Simeon's place.  This car was completely trashed and driving on all 4 rims...and I still got $5,000 for the mission. :lol:

I was doing the mission where you have to repo the Coquette last night, messed up and let the guy drive away. I chased it with some grocery getter with no luck, so I decided to try and drive over the mountains lol. I got nearly to the top somehow before the car would go no further, and the car preceded to crash down the mountain for about thirty seconds!

Me and my buddy decided to see what it would take to blow this car up, so we took turns trying our best to do so. This car survived a drop from a few hundred feet, had multiple collisions with a train including two head on crashes and being run over by it, and the thing was still going! It was crazy, the car was basically a frame, an engine, and the wheels. The front axle was snapped and the thing was STILL DRIVING!!

Me and my friend must have laughed for 20 minutes straight.
  • Photoman likes this

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

303 stars attained

265 stars evaded

They seem fine to me, bro. The whole spawning right in front of your face thing is a little unsettling, but if you're good you should be able to get away anyway.

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Spawning "right in front" of you seems a bit exaggerated. They do spawn but a little further down the road. Their cones does not reach you when you first see them giving you ample time to plan the next turn.

Also, if someone can confirm this. The reason you automatically get wanted level when pulling out a gun in a store is there are surveillance cameras, isn't it?

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

i just dont like how they spawn in front of you.. and have unlimited speed... if it was one or the other fine but not both... they can instantly decide to match the speed of even the fastest car.. which makes no fking sense.. and when they do that AND spawn in front of you its almost impossible to shake them... i only have luck escaping them on foot.. cus they cheat in cars.

HeavySaucer
  • HeavySaucer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Spawning "right in front" of you seems a bit exaggerated. They do spawn but a little further down the road. Their cones does not reach you when you first see them giving you ample time to plan the next turn.

Also, if someone can confirm this. The reason you automatically get wanted level when pulling out a gun in a store is there are surveillance cameras, isn't it?

I agree 100% with the first paragraph. If you're adept at watching the map without crashing, you have plenty of time to get away unless you're in the middle of a freeway bridge or something like that.

And I always just assumed that the shop owners have a silent alarm they trigger once you pull your gun on them.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 04 October 2013 - 09:27 PM.

I agree 100% with the first paragraph. If you're adept at watching the map without crashing, you have plenty of time to get away unless you're in the middle of a freeway bridge or something like that.

And I always just assumed that the shop owners have a silent alarm they trigger once you pull your gun on them.

actually they have security cameras which catch you on film which is why there is increased force after each robbery if you dont use a mask.

when you walk in after commiting several robberies they say "there are cameras"

but as i said.. i really hate their unlimited speed... you could be going max speed in the fastest car in the game.. only to have them ram into you anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users