Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else think the cops are absolutely broken?

40 replies to this topic
Ss33094
  • Ss33094

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Seriously, the cops alone are making me already want to quit GTA:O. I was robbing a convenience store a little while ago, i walked in and the SECOND i pulled my gun up, bam, instant four star wanted level. No one called them, nothing. I rob a little convenience store in the desert and i've got swat teams and three helicopters on me in seconds. Not only that. but the cops are super aggressive and fast, they're ridiculously hard to escape from, the helicopters never lose you, like ever. And then on top of that, when you do get out of the cops' field of view, more cops spawn down the road RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE. It's so cheap, so broken, so unfair. Like, they don't even try to hide it, they don't spawn the cops off-radar or anything, they just do it shamelessly right in front of you.

I can't be the only one who sees how ridiculously broken the cops are in this game.

ADowbs
  • ADowbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Never gotten 4 stars from a hold-up, always 2 or 3 for me. Wear a mask when you go in and lose it once the cops are searching for you (but not actively pursuing) and you'll automatically drop 1 star.

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

No?

They're easier to lose in GTA:O. You got a 4 star because you robbed a lot in a row. You need to do something else for a while because if you just go chain robbing, you'll progressively get more and more stars by default. Anything below four stars is relatively easy to shake, in my opinion.

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Seriously, the cops alone are making me already want to quit GTA:O. I was robbing a convenience store a little while ago, i walked in and the SECOND i pulled my gun up, bam, instant four star wanted level. No one called them, nothing. I rob a little convenience store in the desert and i've got swat teams and three helicopters on me in seconds. Not only that. but the cops are super aggressive and fast, they're ridiculously hard to escape from, the helicopters never lose you, like ever. And then on top of that, when you do get out of the cops' field of view, more cops spawn down the road RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE. It's so cheap, so broken, so unfair. Like, they don't even try to hide it, they don't spawn the cops off-radar or anything, they just do it shamelessly right in front of you.

I can't be the only one who sees how ridiculously broken the cops are in this game.

I don´t really think it´s bad or broken.. but it definitely needs some tweaking.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Rank up and then it won't be a problem because of an ability.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Stop robbing stores one after the other. Problem solved.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 04 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Gets 4 stars call in merryweather for a helicopter to take you places i used this to chance people with bounty lol

Lethita
  • Lethita

Something Slayer...

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I like it this way. Stops players from getting off easy.

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Dude they spawn right in front of u but hide underground to lose wanted fast or rank up and call lester

BaxterUK
  • BaxterUK

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Broken?? No.

Annoying?? Yes.

I usually get 3 stars for holding up a store, Its the helicopters that wind me up.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by WildmouseX, 04 October 2013 - 06:40 PM.

I have yet to be arrested, and cops have only killed me twice, both times due to a random asshat getting involved... and I get and outrun 4 stars all the time intentionally. to stay in practice for the bigger missions, and to make a name for myself on the news.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by gtamad8, 04 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Everythings broken. Slightly tapping ANYTHING with a car when driving makes it spin ridiculously out of control, the AI is f*cked up too, go to a drug deal and suddenly 20 gang members all with 100% precision headshot accuracy appear, then in the car chasing missions they speed up to like 200mph when you go near them and you just can't get them. I've stopped trying to chase this coquette and nows its literally driving in circles on the other side of the map, but what's the point in going to it if I know it's just gonna speed of and dodge traffic with its ridiculously unfair AI?

edit: So I drove to the place the car kept circling and SURPRISE it drives off so let's just say

f*ck GTA Online

HeavySaucer
  • HeavySaucer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

If anything, cops are almost too easy to get away from in this game! There are tons of places that cop cars and helicopters will never see you.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 04 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Never gotten 4 stars from a hold-up, always 2 or 3 for me. Wear a mask when you go in and lose it once the cops are searching for you (but not actively pursuing) and you'll automatically drop 1 star.

Hahaha....I got four stars for robbing a store while running from the police for robbing a different store. That's the way to f*cking do it!

And, OP, you can outrun helicopters and lose them in numerous ways. You'll get better at it. 

I have yet to be arrested, and cops have only killed me twice, both times due to a random asshat getting involved... and I get and outrun 4 stars all the time intentionally. to stay in practice for the bigger missions, and to make a name for myself on the news.

cool-story-bro.jpg

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Tunnels, overpasses, and the likes are your friends.

The trick is to lose the heli first if you can, then the cars. Also, if you break line of sight, and quietly transfers cars in an unseen location you can easily drive by cops while they are still looking (view cones) as long as you follow the rules of the road. It's not like older games where you just drive really fast and your free. You'll have to work a little more. I frequently escape on foot, and use backyard, old buildings,... it's almost easier at times to lose them on foot in the city. But yes, they do seem in more liberal saturation in Online version. But not impossible to lose. Also try riding the train into the city, lots of tunels and if you stay quiet you can lose even 5 stars that way.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

This.

Also plan your escape in advance.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Learn/ask about the mechanics or complain about them. Which one do you think you do and which do you think is more effective.

You got 4 stars from not hiding ur face and returned to the same store you robbed. Notice the clerk say I knew you were trouble or "you look familiar?".

Also, back out and keep the clerk targeted so he doesn't pull out and you don't have to kill him. This keeps you at 2 stars.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Main thing I dislike about it is that driving in a stolen car warrants being shot at having only one star.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Beyond bugs and disconnects, people should not be bitching about mechanics. In glad online is actually difficult and I learn new things every time I log on.
  • Futo likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

This.

Also plan your escape in advance.

QFT

People think this sh*t is a game, lol.

"Her derp i'm just walk into this store *after robbing three others less than five minutes ago* and get away with no problems."

*walks out*

"Dafuq?!!! OMG Swat, choppers, cops everywhere!!!!"

*makes it to their vehicle, gets in, turns ignition, DEAD*

"This game sucks. I hate the cops in this game. This is some bullsh*t."

No, you're just bad.

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

as i can understand your frustrations you just have to be more careful/get a better car/go to hiding places if i can't shake them i head up to country and go to off roading works everytime

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Everythings broken. Slightly tapping ANYTHING with a car when driving makes it spin ridiculously out of control, the AI is f*cked up too, go to a drug deal and suddenly 20 gang members all with 100% precision headshot accuracy appear, then in the car chasing missions they speed up to like 200mph when you go near them and you just can't get them. I've stopped trying to chase this coquette and nows its literally driving in circles on the other side of the map, but what's the point in going to it if I know it's just gonna speed of and dodge traffic with its ridiculously unfair AI?

edit: So I drove to the place the car kept circling and SURPRISE it drives off so let's just say

f*ck GTA Online

not true i have yet to expierence this nor have i seen anyone else complaining about that portion if it's so fast why not use a gun and hit the tires? the corvette is exposed quite a bit. if it's driving in circles get a sticky bomb field in one of the areas game over.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

f*ck GTA Online

Are we playing the same game or are you just retarded?

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Beyond bugs and disconnects, people should not be bitching about mechanics. In glad online is actually difficult and I learn new things every time I log on.

Yep. Spot on mate me too.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

The thing that pisses me off is that the pedestrian cars can just change into cop cars, it's just stupid.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Only time i think cops are ott is in the crooked cops and the evidence gets dropped. The sh*t hits the fan then.

jschmidt85
  • jschmidt85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by jschmidt85, 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

f*ck GTA Online

Are we playing the same game or are you just retarded?

He's just bad.

The only thing that I dislike about this game so far:  Cops should not SPAWN in front of me when I've outrun every other cop and I'm either a) on the beach driving away or b) in the middle of nowhere and have outrun their buddy's.  There is no reason at all why a cop should spawn at the top of a f*cking mountain in the middle of nowhere.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Broken?? No.

Annoying?? Yes.

I usually get 3 stars for holding up a store, Its the helicopters that wind me up.

Find a parking lot then. Sheesh.

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

lol the cops are rough and I cant lie... ive cussed at my tv loudly because of. Their response time is ridiculous. 

I will rob a store and when I walk out they have choppers shooting down on me... I mean if the cops were this good in real life we would have 0% crime across the world lol

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

If anything, cops are almost too easy to get away from in this game! There are tons of places that cop cars and helicopters will never see you.

But I think that all depends on the person and car, especially if you're in a vehicle that you can't ditch.

In SP I tend to drive high-end cars but that damage really easily. A minor collision and one of the front tires will jam inside the wheel well and now you can't turn for sh*t.

Online though I unintentionally ended up with the Weeny Issi (Mini Cooper) as my personal car and that baby can recover from collisions in seconds, turn almost on a dime, and fit through tight alleys like you wouldn't believe. She's not the fastest thing on the road but I can out maneuver the cops every time in that car like I never could in the high-end cars.

I was even being chased by another player trying to kill me. He had a much faster muscle car that was gaining on me, so I just made a bunch of turns. He spun out every time he tried to make the same turns and could never catch me. And my car has only the basic free upgrades I got in the beginning!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users