Gta online: no skill required

14 replies to this topic
Drogen24
  • Drogen24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I need to rant
I am by no means a bad sport or a bad player for that matter, but I am sick of the bad sportsmanship that is only possible in this game.
I've been playing a few races, tonight in particular and I've been doing pretty well, then you get some arsehole who uses a very unrealistic slip stream, to overtake me and purposely tap my back end so I lose control.
I make a point of going around the outside of someone or moving out of the slipstream in plenty of time because I know I have the skill to gain back the time, why can't other people do the same instead of resorting to ruining other people's performance to win

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

"No skill required" = "I'm bad and keep dying".

• BLAQK ROXSTAR likes this

Gronk87
  • Gronk87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Nah I agree. I wish people would race like actual street racers and play legit. At the least, they should let you enable weapons against that person that sent you off so i could blast out his tires. I haven't been racing unless I find legit people.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Same stuff here. I still beat them by a country mile (pick 4 + lap races, if you´re better you´ll win anyway)but always get hit anytime I get alongside someone. Racing is impossible, no one tolerates being passed. Hell, I guess you can´t expect motorsport etiquette from 12 YO assholes.

You´ll have to find a nice group to race. It took me ages in 4 but the result was really nice.

Also save your money in the bank soon because you´ll inmediately be attacked after the race if you win and likely you´ll die.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by dodeca, 04 October 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Ive got a story just for this occasion.

So some @$$hole kills my char. in free roam and makes off with close to 2000 freshly made and hard won dollars. I stalk this guy and he's buying some new silk underwear for himself in ponsonbys with MY MONEY! I wait for him near his car outside, ready with my shotgun to put some holes in his new suit. He comes out, I pop up from behind his car and start blasting. 3 or 4 shots in, i still havent hit the guy because he managed to get to cover on the other side of the car and I have free aim on. Just as Im about to take another shot, he quick draws me with a pistol. Auto aiming b'tard. Thanks a lot for the level playing field R*. It looks like I have to switch on auto aim or look like a f*ckin fool losing my money to pistol toting blazer wearing hipsters.

Edit: Just found out everyone is locked to free aim online. Cant believe that lowlife "david vs goliath"ed me with a pistol. Score one for Rockstar being fair and GTAO shooting atleast being skill based, and 0 for my anger management. Im glad R* didnt dumb this down to compulsory auto aim.

TheFlush
  • TheFlush

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I just ignored the system messages that I should do a mission to deliver some drugs or something. I went in the complete opposite way, after about 5 minutes a cutscene started to play and a message appeared on screen that I passed the mission. I don't have a clue how that's possible, but I earned a couple of 1000 dollars.... weird.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Racing is getting on my nerves aswell. It's either as you said, that they'll tap your rear end or, what I've been experiencing a lot aswell, is that they use your car as brake when entering corners. You break nice and steady and some asshole rams you with full speed, you loose control, he takes the corner. Like... da f*ck?

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

So no skill but they slipsteam then pit manouvre you while passing?

Maybe try checking your rear view and try to stop them first slipstreaming, and if that fails hammer on your brakes and put their little slipstream efforts to an end and get a little speed boost yourself.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Stop crying, god dammit.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm not against some road rage stuff like hitting each others' cars, but they really need to take the arcadey bullsh*t out...not that it will do much since the driving physics are already very poor anyway.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

throw ur controller at the wall

that always helps

• ambitouz likes this

YungEra
  • YungEra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Racing is getting on my nerves aswell. It's either as you said, that they'll tap your rear end or, what I've been experiencing a lot aswell, is that they use your car as brake when entering corners. You break nice and steady and some asshole rams you with full speed, you loose control, he takes the corner. Like... da f*ck?

So... why don't you guys do that too?

• ambitouz likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

So... why don't you guys do that too?

Maybe because RACING is the fun part of the races??

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hey, AT LEAST YOUR ONLINE WORKS, PALIE!
  • ambitouz likes this

ambitouz
  • ambitouz

Old Army Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I know it blows when you think everything is going great for you in a race but then some a$$ sandwich smashes into you or uses your downforce to pull ahead and all...but thats the game mechanics and people using game mechanics to their advantage.

Some of us might prefer just leisurely racing like Gentlemen on a friendly drive through the hillside for the ultimate prize, but your talking about a game that was deliberately designed to give players ways to beat their competitors at all costs using all potential methods to benefit you and not the other player.  Sad truth is you're just gonna have to find alternate ways of making peopl elike that suffer humiliating defeat by you being creative and playing the same way. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users