Photo

Lookin for someone to do an Oakland Map

8 replies to this topic
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:22 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 04 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Was looking for either a group of people or a specific person to help with making an Oakland Total Conversion for San Andreas... I personally just need a map with zones and I can do the coding and such myself and maybe the ped and vehicle routes aswell.

I jus wanna have Oakland and a few other East Bay cities because It would fit in the GTA universe, Oakland was and still is a hotspot in Cali where the murder rate is the highest in the country... Personally I would like part of east oakland done but if someone could surprise me then by all means go ahead ;)

Ive also had this radio station idea in my head for a long time called East Bay Radio... so I might start it if the map gets started on

Here is a general Idea of what Oakland could look like, although i would just say go wild with it ;)

*pic by Drscot

mw8cgh.png

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I have been 'following' you here on forums for a while, and you know, I have to admit sometimes you sound like someone who's really capable of doing something. The problem is - you only sound so.

In every your post, you mention making a radio, that you can make a radio - what's so hard about it? Anyone can do that. Oh, and about your ped modifying skills, I won't lie to you, they're terrible. The saddest thing is, you're so proud of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you already posted this request somewhere else, probably maps request topic, but didn't get any positive responses, and I tell you, you won't neither get them here. And one last thing, just answer this to me: Are you f*cking serious? That map is HUGE. What do you think, a group of people will pop out of somewhere and spend next 5-10 years developing your mod. 

"I personally just need a map"

Just a map? Really?

Right away, master.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 05 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

I have been 'following' you here on forums for a while, and you know, I have to admit sometimes you sound like someone who's really capable of doing something. The problem is - you only sound so.

In every your post, you mention making a radio, that you can make a radio - what's so hard about it? Anyone can do that. Oh, and about your ped modifying skills, I won't lie to you, they're terrible. The saddest thing is, you're so proud of it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, you already posted this request somewhere else, probably maps request topic, but didn't get any positive responses, and I tell you, you won't neither get them here. And one last thing, just answer this to me: Are you f*cking serious? That map is HUGE. What do you think, a group of people will pop out of somewhere and spend next 5-10 years developing your mod. 

"I personally just need a map"
Just a map? Really?

Right away, master.

making a radio station is alot harder than it sounds... Ive made a total of 10 already... and I dont just edit peds, look through LS-RP or a few other sites I frequent, or go look through some of the coding I have done... then again im sure you know how to mod in a full city of gangs along with specific spawn points and weapons along with designing some of your own graffiti on specific areas while modifying each gangs relationships with both the player character and other gangs. and also I am sure you know how to convert the voices from one game to San Andreas to replace CJs voice.

all of that while trying to juggle a failing game developing group, severe depression that makes it almost impossible to get things done, and an abusive family who hates you and wants to ruin everything good in your life...

meh...

http://www.byond.com...gogeta0/Biohaze

even my own online multiplayer game hasnt been hosted on a server since 2010 and has pretty much died...

besides i didnt say the whole map, i was using it as an example...

but yea your right... i am terrible, i should just give up on everything i do and go die somewhere like my father tells me to do... no point in living when everything i do sucks. i cant even keep a relationship for a year, i always end up ruining aomething.... and theres no point for me to be proud of sh*tty mods and games that i make myself... im a failure... a waste of 21 years of life... nothing but a worthless pile of skin

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Lemme break it down for a minute or two...

...I personally just need a map with zones...

You personally need a map? Are you going to share the map once you're done "coding" it, or are you going to use it as your own personal playground?

...Personally I would like part of east oakland done but if someone could surprise me then by all means go ahead ;)

If you're telling someone to surprise you, it isn't really much of a surprise, don't you think?

Ive also had this radio station idea in my head for a long time called East Bay Radio... so I might start it if the map gets started on

What is it? Another one of those Latin rap stations you've got thought up? Trust me, after OUW failed, you gotta be focused on the map itself. If you try to "work" on the radio stations while everyone else is working on the map, you're sure as sh*t not going to go anywhere.

Here is a general Idea of what Oakland could look like, although i would just say go wild with it ;)

So you're trying to get someone to make an accurate depiction of Oakland, yet at the same time you just want to "go wild" with it? What if I take some random ass city from San Andreas, say, Las Venturas, and change all the signs from "Las Venturas" to "Oakland", would you accept that as Oakland? If you've got an idea, that's fine, but keep consistent with it. (and onto your other post...)

...Ive made a total of 10 already...

Did you release them? I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing much radio station mods out there.

all of that while trying to juggle a failing game developing group, severe depression that makes it almost impossible to get things done, and an abusive family who hates you and wants to ruin everything good in your life...

If you're juggling all that stuff, then why are you trying to start up a mod as big as this one? I'm not telling you not to dream big, just try to keep your ducks in a row before you plan something this big. You can't go on a cross-country car trip with a car with three wheels and a motor held together by scotch tape.

• Ss4gogeta0 and lafincow12 like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Lemme break it down for a minute or two...

...I personally just need a map with zones...

You personally need a map? Are you going to share the map once you're done "coding" it, or are you going to use it as your own personal playground?

yea I would release it, I ment personally as in if someone could do the zone names I would be able to do pretty much all the ped/gang locations and which area is rich poor etc...

If you're telling someone to surprise you, it isn't really much of a surprise, don't you think?

Surprise as in if he adds in other parts of oakland... East oakland is the area with the highest gang population and murder rate... 

What is it? Another one of those Latin rap stations you've got thought up? Trust me, after OUW failed, you gotta be focused on the map itself. If you try to "work" on the radio stations while everyone else is working on the map, you're sure as sh*t not going to go anywhere.

Yea its a mix between Latin/Black underground rap based in Oakland... East bay is where Oakland is... the 510 Area Code...

So you're trying to get someone to make an accurate depiction of Oakland, yet at the same time you just want to "go wild" with it? What if I take some random ass city from San Andreas, say, Las Venturas, and change all the signs from "Las Venturas" to "Oakland", would you accept that as Oakland? If you've got an idea, that's fine, but keep consistent with it. (and onto your other post...)

I doubt anyone would really just change las venturaz to oakland like that... and besides I wasnt asking for an accurate one, I was asking for one in a similar style to San Fierro and Los Santos... i mean obviously Accuracy is not Rockstars Strong Point... so why should it be someone elses?

Did you release them? I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing much radio station mods out there.

Yea... http://gtaforums.com...-radio-project/

4 for San Andreas, 4 for Liberty City, and 2 for Vice City... they are released in MP3 format to be used with SAORS, I converted the VC ones to the Vice City audio format although I never released them... but I can if you want...

If you're juggling all that stuff, then why are you trying to start up a mod as big as this one? I'm not telling you not to dream big, just try to keep your ducks in a row before you plan something this big. You can't go on a cross-country car trip with a car with three wheels and a motor held together by scotch tape.

because Im the kind of guy who likes working on multiple projects at once... not sure why but I feel comfortable doing it... because if one day I dont feel like working on one mod I can easily work on another til I go back to the first one...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Surprise as in if he adds in other parts of oakland... East oakland is the area with the highest gang population and murder rate...

You said "Oakland" in general. I thought you were reffering to the entirety of Oakland.

Yea its a mix between Latin/Black underground rap based in Oakland... East bay is where Oakland is... the 510 Area Code...

Most all of all the radio stations I saw were rap related. I can see there being a few rap stations, as was IV/V's case, but not oodles and oodles of different rap genres and only one station for general rock, general trance, etc.

i mean obviously Accuracy is not Rockstars Strong Point...so why should it be someone elses?

You're asking for an inaccurate representation of Oakland just because Rockstar is "inaccurate"? Sure, sounds good. Hell, why not we make a Vice City mod and put it within walking distance from Los Santos, and put Los Santos off the coast of Michigan?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

You said "Oakland" in general. I thought you were reffering to the entirety of Oakland.

Most all of all the radio stations I saw were rap related. I can see there being a few rap stations, as was IV/V's case, but not oodles and oodles of different rap genres and only one station for general rock, general trance, etc.

i mean obviously Accuracy is not Rockstars Strong Point...so why should it be someone elses?

You're asking for an inaccurate representation of Oakland just because Rockstar is "inaccurate"? Sure, sounds good. Hell, why not we make a Vice City mod and put it within walking distance from Los Santos, and put Los Santos off the coast of Michigan?

1. I ment east oakland, im not good at explaining things... which is kinda why im alone atm...

2. Yea California as different types and styles of rap... Nor Cal Rap is completely different from So Cal rap... and in nor cal, Valley rap is different than Bay rap...

3. I wasnt asking for a fully inaccurate version, i mean if the guy wants to make it smaller then its fine, just as long as it has some of the main streets 20s, 30s. 40s. 50s, etc

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Try not to complain about your personal problems on a modding forum, mate, I understand, we all have problems, but this is not the right place to confess about it. 

About the mod, don't waste your time - start working on it yourself or give it up, nobody will do it for you. Moral of the story.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

About the mod, don't waste your time - start working on it yourself or give it up, nobody will do it for you. Moral of the story.

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

If you want to have people help you, and you're going through "so much" to the point that you don't want to do anything, at the very least have a very precise set of plans, and not just a loose description and a map that isn't even yours to begin with, unless you got permission and stuff.

• lafincow12 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users