Photo

Special Crate Drops

34 replies to this topic
timbiggin
  • timbiggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hi. There is a feature online called Crate Drop. If you goto Stats > Unlocks > Content you will see a lot of things there. Next to the feature name is the level it unlocks at. This is true for all the features except crate drops and impromtu race which has no level requirement.

My friend who is much lower than me at level 6 has crate drops unlocked and he can go around the map looking for them. Its red smoke with a reward in the crate, rp money and weapons. He gets a message when a crate is about to drop etc. I don't and I cannot claim the reward even if he shows me where the crate is.

My question is how do you unlock these crate drops?

I have tried everything including doing all the jobs once.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

This is something I need to check out myself when I go back online.

timbiggin
  • timbiggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Bump. Anyone know? :(

Maybe its a bug and it should have unlocked already but never will

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I was watching a live stream on Tuesday and the guy that was streaming also got regular create drops, and he only got up to level 8 by the time online crashed for him. I'm not sure what influences them to drop actually.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I can't get these too and I don't see Simeon's random car request (on map green circle indicating the car's location) either.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

crate drops are from mary weather services and you use it to buy ammo but be warned people can take it and they can only give ammo for 1 weapon type and you cannot collect in passive mode.

ells144
  • ells144

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I can't get these too and I don't see Simeon's random car request (on map green circle indicating the car's location) either.

me neither I just have to guess which cars they are.

ells144
  • ells144

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

also are you on ps3? because half of this stuff wont work for me on Xbox.

boxanata
  • boxanata

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

crate drops are from mary weather services and you use it to buy ammo but be warned people can take it and they can only give ammo for 1 weapon type and you cannot collect in passive mode.

You're thinking of the wrong crate. Supply crates are not purchased from Marryweather. Op is talking about a supply crate. They are dropped randomly throughout the world & contain money/RP/weapon/Armour. These crates are first come, first served. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sa7I6S3X0i8

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

That's not what i'm talking about. After he sends you the text list of cars and you have completed that, he will randomly send out a text which triggers a car to spawn on the map. When you go to look at the map, you will see a green circle indicating the car's location. I've only received this text once. And when he does send this text, he sends it to everyone in the session. So it creates a race to see who can get the car first and a battle to see if you can deliver the car while having the other players trying to take it from you.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Are you breaking open the box?

Also, shhhhh.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

THIS...also, I'm on 360, and just did one, and the crate didn't give any money....it gave me an ak47, but no money. I got the message as if I had received money but got no money....strange.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

20+ hours, haven't seen that at all.
Cool, though.

Cyrus Juice
  • Cyrus Juice

Night Nanny

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I didn't know we were supposed to see them on the map. I originally got a text with the list of cars which is now gone.

I do see the red circles for gang attack though.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I didn't know we were supposed to see them on the map. I originally got a text with the list of cars which is now gone.

I do see the red circles for gang attack though.

Yeah, after you do the text list mission, he will send random text' out to everyone of another car located on the map. This one has a green circle on the map.

boxanata
  • boxanata

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

THIS...also, I'm on 360, and just did one, and the crate didn't give any money....it gave me an ak47, but no money. I got the message as if I had received money but got no money....strange.

Again, you're referring to the wrong type of crate. Supply crates are randomly dropped throughout the world. Ammo crates must be unlocked, then purchased for $1000 for them to drop at your location. 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Again, you're referring to the wrong type of crate. Supply crates are randomly dropped throughout the world. Ammo crates must be unlocked, then purchased for $1000 for them to drop at your location. 

my fault, I thought they were referring to the random ones not the called ones. I don't see the need to call for an ammo drop....I never seem to run low once filled. I just pick up ammo off the bodies from missions.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

That's not what i'm talking about. After he sends you the text list of cars and you have completed that, he will randomly send out a text which triggers a car to spawn on the map. When you go to look at the map, you will see a green circle indicating the car's location. I've only received this text once. And when he does send this text, he sends it to everyone in the session. So it creates a race to see who can get the car first and a battle to see if you can deliver the car while having the other players trying to take it from you.

Had one of these pop up last night. Here's a good example of how not to try and jack the car from someone...

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Had one of these pop up last night. Here's a good example of how not to try and jack the car from someone...

LMFAO Herr derping FTW!!1

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

i got crate drops my first time online but havent gotten them since, i was playing solo mode and there were gun smugglers trying to take the crate as well, so you have to fight them off too at least in solo or a closed match. If i ignored the crates eventually a message came up saying gun smugglers took it. I still have no idea how to get them dropped or who was dropping them.

timbiggin
  • timbiggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Anyone figured this out yet?

I'm pretty sure its a bug myself.

Saeros
  • Saeros

XboxGamersOnline

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

I just did one of these as a Lvl 34, got a 5000 ammo Minigun.. Any idea if these dissapear upon death?

kalr89
  • kalr89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Crate drops are awesome, usually 3k and 1000 RP for me

Nurros
  • Nurros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by Nurros, 06 October 2013 - 12:38 AM.

I got one of the special crates the other night and it gave me 5000 RP and $5000 and a minigun but i lost the minigun when I left gta online

Brachwah
  • Brachwah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Do missions for Ron.

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by ajma420, 06 October 2013 - 12:49 AM.

I usually don't see any supply crates or green cars on the map. I saw and turned in 1 high priority car (over by the golf course), but the only time I saw the crates was when I had to use a temp character who could somehow access all missions and perks (probably a bug). I see messages that "Player X is in the high priority import/export vehicle," but I never find them myself.

Do missions for Ron.

I will try this later

timbiggin
  • timbiggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Do missions for Ron.

Are you sure thats how? I've tried many Ron missions! I'm lvl 40 now

rush247
  • rush247

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Might be related to Marryweather, I just got a call from them during my last session for the first time.  Level 12.

mothman0
  • mothman0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I know htis is an old thread, but I was looking for an answer to this as well... I'm level 32 and I've never seen one of the special crate drops.

A friend I play with is lvl 37 or something, and he's had the drops for a long time now, since many levels ago... but for some reason I still don't get them.

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal is?

pacmanrockshok
  • pacmanrockshok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

This was frustrating me too and at one point I just rolled a grenade at it and the crate blew up, leaving the rewards laying on the ground. 2,5000 RP and 10 Molotovs

Someone mentioned it earlier but MAKE SURE YOU DESTROY THE CRATE TO GET THE SUPPLIES.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users