Photo

GTA V vs RDR

42 replies to this topic
DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

In terms of story RDR wins. In terms of content and overall fun factor that honor goes to Gta V. Really you can't really compare them because they have different styles and different vibes from each other. 

gnrdeth13
  • gnrdeth13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

RDR by a landslide.  I like GTAV.  It amuses me greatly.  But, RDR affected me in a way games rarely do anymore.  Since playing it off and on for three years I've gone horseback riding in real life, have bought an expensive hat, duster coat, and am planning to take a trip to Tombstone, Arizona in the near future.  Never was a huge fan of westerns.  RDR has changed all that.  John Marston is a brilliant character.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Even after GTA V is out, I still play RDR pretty often :).

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Poker2012chu, 05 October 2013 - 03:07 PM.

It's hard to compare the two. I like both V and RDR, but each for different reasons...

GTA V pros:

-semi-large map

-character switching and multiple protagonists

GTA V cons:

-not as much to do as advertised

-limited interiors

-can be glitched for some people

RDR pros:

-excellent story line, one of the best I've ever played

-Map layout makes it seem like you can travel from St. Louis / Chicago (Blackwater) to Mexico to the Pacific NW (Tall Trees)

and everywhere in between.

-high percentage of enterable interiors

-can do a lot and almost anything for that time period

-few glitches

RDR cons:

-No flying

-Some people aren't hip to the wild-west theme, but that's not a con of mine

Crazyman2389
  • Crazyman2389

In Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

It's too early for me to choose one or the other but at the moment it is still RDR. Although I do enjoy V nothing will replace the story of John Marston anytime soon. Both are great games though!

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was really hoping the story in V would be better. But RDR's, and even IV's, stories were miles better.

Ferdie
  • Ferdie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

RDR is much better in almost everyy aspect, definitely one of my top games ever. GTA V isn´t even best GTA...

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Guess what, I am at 92% in GTA V but just can't/don't want to go on with it for now, since mainly the collectibles are left only.

Now I am going back to RDR to start my second playthrough although I had 100% already. From the athmosphere and story it was really better than GTA V and a masterpiece. I regret that I skipped some cutscenes halfway during my first playthough. Ordered and received the Game of the Year edition for 25 €, so this time with all DLCs, which can hopefully add still something to it. This time it will be a very slow playthrough, will probably take my whole Winter semester.

Looking forward to creepy Tall Trees area. :evilgrin:

Ivorbiggun
  • Ivorbiggun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

The random encounters on RDR used to get on my nerves. I know most people loved them. I just hated them.

GTA V for me. Easily.

Take out random stuff going on while I'm exploring and it might be RDR.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

GTAV by a mile.

RDR? Ride a slow dying horse along an empty landscape.

GTA: Hit huge jumps in a dirtbike while helicopters dogfight in the skies, explosions everywhere.

RDR? A bunch of generic repeaters and revolvers

GTA: Rocket launchers, grenade launchers, automatic rifles, miniguns, and sticky bombs.

RDR: 1 character in a boring empty landscape with a few mildly interesting settlements

GTA; Huge city of Los Santos with mountains you can actually go to the top of then base jump down into the lake.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Red dead redemption wins definatly
Better map
Better story
Better protagonist
Better storyline
Better soundtrack
Better atmostphere
Better multiplayer (so many memories)

I cant wait for red dead 3 on next gen consoles!!!

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Red Dead Redemption was boring and repetitive, riding around on a horse was so dull. The missions were pretty much all the same but the multiplayer and graphics were awesome. I still think RDR has much better graphics than GTAV but GTAV has way more variety.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Red Dead Redemption was boring and repetitive, riding around on a horse was so dull. The missions were pretty much all the same but the multiplayer and graphics were awesome. I still think RDR has much better graphics than GTAV but GTAV has way more variety.

Simply no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users