Photo

Rockstar more or less confirm they will work on GTA 6

86 replies to this topic
Adecool
  • Adecool

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by Adecool, 04 October 2013 - 09:55 PM.

i'm not interested in another GTA at the moment, they need to make another Bully or bring out that "Agent" game already. 

But if there is gonna be another GTA it has to be in a completely new city, i don't know why everyone wants to bring back Vice City, unless they DRASTICALLY enlarge and modify the landscape, there's no way vice city would fit in with current/next gen. its too small, the city area is not dense enough, no landscapes, just a little island. 

I have a feeling the next GTA will be Carcer City, as it was mentioned sooo many times in GTA5. in cutscenes, the radio station, pedestrians, its ridiculous. 

• HoleInTheSky likes this

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

no god damn big citys (NY/CHi) anywhere where its sunny and places to explore, vice city would be great with the swamps and grimey-ness of florida.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

anyone who seriously thought that rockstar would never make another GTA game are nothing but brainless idiots.

how much did V make them? well over a billion $. you think rockstar said "hmm, a billion $...nah we don't want that! no more GTA games!!"

they will keep making these games BUT i do think it will be changing. they are focusing on GTA Online much more now. they are cutting features from SP and keeping them for Online. Single player will shrink into nothing but a story mode (already called this in V) where that's all you do...play through the story. i wouldn't be surprised if they started restricting parts of the map in SP and only letting you free roam the entire map online. Online will be where you explore the map, chase cops, steal cars and all that. because the story mode is shrinking it will cut down on development time so they can churn out games much faster. there was a 5 year wait for V. it will probably drop to about 3 years of waiting for the next game. they will monetise GTA with GTA Online. Right now it's free with the option of micro transactions but eventually it will be subscription based with DLC and more microtransactions.

Actually, they could probably easily make 1billion in the next 5 years with GTA Online, if they release it on next-gen.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

thats good news now hopefully they will focus on sp once again

• theGTAking101 likes this

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I would be happy with a remade Vice City even if it does sort of feel like R* is limiting themselves to only three cities. I would love to see R* base a GTA game in another country but since they seemed focused on satirizing American cities it seems unlikely. One place mentioned on the radio and dialogue in the past few games is Carcer City which is somewhere in the mid-west I believe; might be a nice change of pace regarding locale.  

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 04 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

I don't think any one has been listening to my theories. Might be because you guys don't like them? :/

Nevertheless, categorically based on the matter of the next gen, games like "The Crew", are able to hold such power. Why can't a GTA game ever be based around the whole U.S. Including the most known states? It's time for a new place(s).

I'd like to see that type of setting. Wouldn't you? ;)

Take a look at this. (click image for larger scale)

52s6fxf.jpg

The map of GTA I'm thinking probably won't be scaled, nor geographically correct, but it's the closest you can conceptualize.

:^:

• Smaher. likes this

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 05 October 2013 - 11:59 PM.

no god damn big citys (NY/CHi) anywhere where its sunny and places to explore, vice city would be great with the swamps and grimey-ness of florida.

GTA 4 was set in fall time New York, you can do Summertime Chicago where its hot outside and people are outside killing each other. You dudes do realize that Chicago/Midwest has summer and the lake beaches right? Since sun and beaches is so important and sh*t nowadays to GTA players who forgot that the game is about killing people.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by The Made Man, 06 October 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Anyone who seriously thought Grand Theft Auto 5 was going to be R's last GTA game, then they should immediately kill themselves for being that stu*pid. Seriously...Kill yourself. 

Anyways here is my take. GTA 6 needs to be set in America.
american%2Bflag.jpg

Thats a first...

Why??? Well...

• America is diverse with MANY MANY ethic groups.
  • America is WHACKY. Especially its culture.
  • You can own guns in America.
  • America tolerates violence.
  • Larger market.
  • Easy to parody off of.

This list goes on and on...Now onto a American city...

Heres where it gets tricky. From what I've seen R now chooses American cities that are how I like to say "poppin" or "live", meaning that they choose cities that are getting a lot of attentions in the media (whether it be news, pop culture, world events) in anything else in modern times. That particular city just has to get attention in the modern world. Also the city now has to be DIVERSE with MANY DIFFERENT ethic groups like Whites/Caucasians, Black/African American, Hispanic and Asians. Those ethnic groups/races are just the minimal. Again the city HAS TO BE DIVERSE. 

Anyways here are examples of what I mean. And I am only using the HD Universe.

In the HD Universe R chose NYC. 
nyc-dredge-main.jpg

Why???

Its freaking NYC. NYC will ALWAYS BE POPPIN. R chose NYC because its basically the commercial capitol of the world. Politicians, tourist, rise of the eastern European mob groups and an immigrant new to the city. Basically story telling the immigrant experience. The skyscrapers, people, media,etc. The list goes on and on for NYC.

In the HD Universe R chose LA.

Why???
Playa-de-Orzan-La-Coruna-008.jpg

Today LA is popular when it comes to celebrities, fame, beaches, politicians, artists, movies,the rich,etc. LA would be the PERFECT PLACE to parody off of the American pop culture, American young people, etc. Also LA is has A LOT of gangs and is known for it. Lets not forget the rise of the Mexican cartels. R could also parody off of the illegal immigrants, spoiled rich kids, movie actors, music artists, sports teams, gangs, TV shows,etc. LA was PERFECT setting for a MODERN GTA game. Which is why R chose LA.

Will R go back to Vice City? 

Answer...NOPE!

This isn't the 80s!!!!
3326978908_fce678e84c.jpg

Why???

R setting for Vice City/Miami was during the 80s and only the 80s. During the 80s Miami was popular for...

1. Drugs...Specifically Cocaine
2. Colombian and other cartels
3. Cuban gangsters
4. Famous Nightlife
5. Basically the Scarface theme.

Miami has none of that anymore. What does Miami have besides a few Biker gangs and the Notorious Haitian Zoe Pound gang??? Beaches? Hotels?  LA/LS had that, but BETTER. I liked Vice City, no I loved it! But a modern Vice City just wouldnt do. If so it would have to be multiple cities. Maybe including Atlanta. Or better how about do what the Scarface game did and add the Carribbean Islands. How about R do Vice City and other Caribbean Islands like the Bahamas, Jamaica and Puerto Rico. That would be PERFECT. But Vice City alone? No...

Now what city or CITIES should R do for GTA 6...??? Hmmmm... I got a perfect one. Not a city but a region...THE MIDWEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago. AKA the gangster city and CHIRAQ!!!

chi.jpg

And Detroit AKA the D.

detroit-house.jpg

Why????

Come on...GTA 5 mentioned the Midwest LOADS of times! North Yanton is Midwest and the Lost MC are even said to have a turf in the Midwest. Trevor and Michael(I believe) are FROM THERE!!!

But more importantly...The Midwest IS POPPIN in the modern world. 

Okay let me break it down...

• Fist lets just get diversity out of the way.The Midwest is ethically diverse with Latinos, Asians, Blacks and whites.
  • In the todays world....the Midwest has the HIGHEST murder rates in the USA. I'm just ONLY counting Chicago and Detroit.
  • Chicago is so bad its now known as Chiraq...Chicago is worse than LA. Its like the wild west there.
  • In todays world Detriot is EXTREMELY economically poor. With many abandon buildings and low employment. Thats what Detroit is known for today. That would make for a good story.   
  • In todays world the automobile companies are coming back to Detroit. GTA 6 could touch base on that. 
  • Detroit like Chicago or Chiraq is extremely violent.
  • Chicago has LOTS of gangs(more than LA). From Mafias, street gangs, biker gangs,etc. Its called the gangster city. 
  • Watchdog takes place in Chicago.
  • The Midwest is right next door to Canada.
  • Detroit is very corrupt. 
  • Parody of the Chicago bulls.

Thats just a little....

Also here are some videos...

Chicago:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=W0HZZtTtq_E
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0C3ff3Oysv4
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I9o8WHmyL0Y

Detroit:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zbTIpq6MAPc
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=77QkdL67cmc
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FsQzRWfM-UQ

LA and NYC has already been done. Whats next? The Midwest....Fans have been begging R for multiple cities and R may just do that especially with the Next Gen hardware. Also I don't think R wants to repeat the same old cities again. Maybe they'll try something different. But the Midwest is definite. And again VC in modern times would NOT work.

Anyways that was my take,

• HoleInTheSky likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by Official General, 06 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

@ The Made Man

Most of what you wrote in your most recent post on here was great, except for what said about Vice City and Miami.

* The cocaine trade in Miami did not just end with the end of the Cocaine Cowboy era of the 1980s, some people on here like you need to stop thinking this. Miami and South Florida is still one of the main points of entry for drugs coming into the United States from South America. Miami is awash with drugs today just as it was in the 1980s. Many crime gangs from up more northerly states still head down south to Miami to pick up kilos.

*Colombian drug organizations are still very active in Miami. The DEA states, " Colombian “law enforcement’s success in removing the leadership of the major Colombian drug trafficking organizations has resulted in smaller groups, or bands of criminals, coming together to continue large-scale importation of cocaine into the United States,” the special agent in charge of the DEA office in Miami, Mark R. Trouville, indicated. "

* Cuban crime groups are in fact very active in Miami and are fast increasing in size, influence and power. They have control over a lot of illegal and legal operations. http://www.miaminewt...ed-crime-miami/

* Miami has one of the most famous and glamorous nightlife scenes in the world, let alone the USA. Everyone always talks about wanting to go Miami and experience the nightlife there. What planet are you living on bro ??

* Scarface was definitely iconic in it's depiction of Miami's criminal underworld, but that was representative of the 1980s. Miami has changed a lot since then, so Scarface is not relevant to today's Miami. There are many modern-day crime movies set in Miami that could provide great material for a modern-day Vice City. 

* No, having other Caribbean islands with a modern-day Vice City game just would not work at all. How the f**k would putting in Bahamas and Jamaica or Puerto Rico make a new VC game better ? What would you even be doing in the game in those places. How would all 3 whole Caribbean islands even fit in the game ? Come on bro, be serious. 

A modern-day Vice City with a surrounding area set in South Florida with small Florida Keys-style islands would be MORE than enough. 

* The Midwest would be good, but I would rather see a HD rendition of VC first, VC really needs this. 

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't believe in putting too much stock into what is going to happen in the distant future. Anything can happen, and especially with Rockstar in particular. They routinely make huge announcements about projects WAY TOO EARLY! They unnecessarily paint themselves into corners by revealing too much information about development of future titles.

What the F*CK happened to AGENT?

Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire took forever to develop, and while GTAV didn't take nearly as long, we also didn't NEED to know about it's development so early on, which made it SEEM like another super long wait period.

GTAV Online is going to be a long term project, but at some point, there WILL be a GTAVI. There's just too much money making potential in it for them NOT to do it. Furthermore, as great as GTAV is, the next gen consoles are a PERFECT opportunity for Rockstar to push the envelope even further.

The next gen consoles will be much easier to develop games for, which in turn will help developers like Rockstar create even better games. I can't see a GTAVII, because I think GTAVI will allow Rockstar to do everything they could ever imagine doing with the GTA series, because of the sheer power of the next gen consoles.

I think they will move on to other titles after GTAVI. In my opinion, they don't ever want this series to go stale.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think they will move on to other titles after GTAVI. In my opinion, they don't ever want this series to go stale.

Before that happens, if Rockstar give me a modern-day Vice City/South Florida with everything that should be in it, I'll be happy and content for many years to come.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Before that happens, if Rockstar give me a modern-day Vice City/South Florida with everything that should be in it, I'll be happy and content for many years to come.

Considering GTAVI will definitely be a next gen title, you can expect multiple places like a modern day Vice City, along with possible places like Las Venturas, and DEFINATELY a cold climate area with lots of snow. In between these 3 land masses will be an ocean full of life, including oil platforms and cruise ships.

Just MY guesses.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

@ The Made Man

Most of what you wrote in your most recent post on here was great, except for what said about Vice City and Miami.

* The cocaine trade in Miami did not just end with the end of the Cocaine Cowboy era of the 1980s, some people on here like you need to stop thinking this. Miami and South Florida is still one of the main points of entry for drugs coming into the United States from South America. Miami is awash with drugs today just as it was in the 1980s. Many crime gangs from up more northerly states still head down south to Miami to pick up kilos.

Yeah one of the entry points.

map.gif

*Colombian drug organizations are still very active in Miami. The DEA states, " Colombian “law enforcement’s success in removing the leadership of the major Colombian drug trafficking organizations has resulted in smaller groups, or bands of criminals, coming together to continue large-scale importation of cocaine into the United States,” the special agent in charge of the DEA office in Miami, Mark R. Trouville, indicated. "

I already know that and the Colombian Cartels are not even in their prime anymore like in the 80s. Your own citation even states that in a way. Colombian Cartels barely make it in the news like the Mexican Cartels do. 

* Cuban crime groups are in fact very active in Miami and are fast increasing in size, influence and power. They have control over a lot of illegal and legal operations. http://www.miaminewt...ed-crime-miami/

Interesting. 

* Miami has one of the most famous and glamorous nightlife scenes in the world, let alone the USA. Everyone always talks about wanting to go Miami and experience the nightlife there. What planet are you living on bro ??

This planet...And Miami is not the only  US city with a good nightlife experience. New Orleans, Las Vegas, NYC, San Diego,etc. Vice City to me would just be another LA/LS...

* Scarface was definitely iconic in it's depiction of Miami's criminal underworld, but that was representative of the 1980s. Miami has changed a lot since then, so Scarface is not relevant to today's Miami. There are many modern-day crime movies set in Miami that could provide great material for a modern-day Vice City. 

True.

* No, having other Caribbean islands with a modern-day Vice City game just would not work at all. How the f**k would putting in Bahamas and Jamaica or Puerto Rico make a new VC game better ? What would you even be doing in the game in those places. How would all 3 whole Caribbean islands even fit in the game ? Come on bro, be serious. 

No you read me completely wrong. I did NOT say that GTA 6 should have all three of those islands. Read again then you wont come to that conclusion. I said if GTA 6 has Vice City as ONE of the locations in the game then R should add a Caribbean Island. Why??? Those islands could be used as a vacation spot for the protagonist or better yet...Used for drug trafficking like in Scarface the game. The Mafia use to do business in the Bahamas and control it. Maybe one of the protagonist could fly back and forth between the islands and Vice City for drug trafficking missions. The Islands could be the 'Mexico' of the game...To further elaborate if you go to the islands like in RDR with Mexico you lose your wanted levels. The possibilities which is my point for adding some Caribbean islands. 

A modern-day Vice City with a surrounding area set in South Florida with small Florida Keys-style islands would be MORE than enough. 

Your opinion....

* The Midwest would be good, but I would rather see a HD rendition of VC first, VC really needs this. 

The Midwest has more to offer...Vice City was already done twice already. 

Mines in red.

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Is there going to be some DLC for GTA 5 singleplayer? That is what I want.... PLEASE ROCKSTAR

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by Official General, 07 October 2013 - 12:35 PM.

@ The Made Man

* My point was that Miami is not just one of the entry points of narcotics imported into the USA, it is STILL one of the main entry points for that purpose. Even though the Caribbean Sea is heavily monitored and surveyed by law enforcement, drug trafficking is still going on strong, there are big drug busts there all the time. You only have read the news to see this. 

* Colombian cartels are quiet and operate low key these days, because they are now careful not to attract too much attention from US law enforcement authorities. They even use submarines to move kilos as a normal practice, this clearly shows their new strategy of being low-key. Being organized into large cartels that engage in heavy violence is no longer constructive to their ambitions and development, it just brings too much heat. They work in smaller groups and stay under the radar, but just because they don't make the news, it don't make them any less powerful or notorious. They still produce and distribute the overwhelming majority of cocaine in the world. 

* My point was you claimed Miami does not have great nightlife anymore, when in fact it still does, and that is exactly what the city is very well-known for in it's present state, along with it's sun, beaches and tropical scenery.  

You say that Miami and LA are the same. Nope, Vice City is based in Miami which is very different to LA in many ways. Miami and LA only share similarities in having warm, sunny weather and palm trees. Miami is a very tropical environment, LA is not, LA is more just hot and dry Mediterranean environment. Both cities have very different geography, physical layout, atmosphere, demographics, cultures and social scenes. I could say the same about your choice of Chicago (and the rest of the Midwest) and New York/New Jersey being very similar, which they are, but at the same time, they are also very different regions to each other in many ways too, and have their own unique characteristics. 

* I still disagree. A new, modern day VC does not need a Caribbean island to be great. All it needs it a main city or two with smaller towns, surrounding countryside and wilderness, and maybe a few small offshore islands like the Florida Keys. In my view, there is just no point to having a Caribbean island, regardless of the possibilities. 

* Liberty City has been done twice. Los Santos/San Andreas has been done twice. Why not Vice City ?? Sorry bro, but I don't get your point. This just shows that it makes no sense. The Midwest would be cool, but I just don't see what is so special about it, it does not appear to offer any more than Vice City would offer. In fact, I personally think VC would offer more than the Midwest. Yes, Chicago has a lot gangs, the Mafia and all that, but so does Miami and South Florida. Sorry, just don't see the big deal about the Midwest just yet. 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:21 AM Edited by The Made Man, 16 October 2013 - 06:26 AM.

Sorry I took so long to reply...Been busy with school, work and other sh*t. Your comments are slowly wanting me to have a GTA game based in Miami. Its just that I really want the Midwest...

Anyways mines in red.

@ The Made Man

* My point was that Miami is not just one of the entry points of narcotics imported into the USA, it is STILL one of the main entry points for that purpose. Even though the Caribbean Sea is heavily monitored and surveyed by law enforcement, drug trafficking is still going on strong, there are big drug busts there all the time. You only have read the news to see this. 

I agree with this. Most of Miami's infrastructure was built on drug money! Bra you won me on Miami/Vice City a long time ago. Its just that I believe the Midwest would be much better due to having much more media coverage. Detroit, Ch-town, St Louis and Flint have all been murder capitols at one point. The Midwest is a straight up hellzone. 

Anyways here is a REALLY good documentary on Miami.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ksx9B_4syZY

Again you already won me on Vice City/Miami.

* Colombian cartels are quiet and operate low key these days, because they are now careful not to attract too much attention from US law enforcement authorities. They even use submarines to move kilos as a normal practice, this clearly shows their new strategy of being low-key. Being organized into large cartels that engage in heavy violence is no longer constructive to their ambitions and development, it just brings too much heat. They work in smaller groups and stay under the radar, but just because they don't make the news, it don't make them any less powerful or notorious. They still produce and distribute the overwhelming majority of cocaine in the world. 

Yeah good point. I heard of them using submarines. But just how powerful are they?

* My point was you claimed Miami does not have great nightlife anymore, when in fact it still does, and that is exactly what the city is very well-known for in it's present state, along with it's sun, beaches and tropical scenery.  

I take back what I said about Miami's nightlife.

You say that Miami and LA are the same. Nope, Vice City is based in Miami which is very different to LA in many ways. Miami and LA only share similarities in having warm, sunny weather and palm trees. Miami is a very tropical environment, LA is not, LA is more just hot and dry Mediterranean environment. Both cities have very different geography, physical layout, atmosphere, demographics, cultures and social scenes. I could say the same about your choice of Chicago (and the rest of the Midwest) and New York/New Jersey being very similar, which they are, but at the same time, they are also very different regions to each other in many ways too, and have their own unique characteristics. 

Again good point. But what I meant is that how would Vice City differentiate itself from LS? LS already has warn and sunny weather, palm trees, beaches, but much more.

Also another tiny problem I have with Miami, is that Miami is not really a gang type city. It does not have that many gangs. What I mean is that the gangs are not going to be very defined. Miami doesn't have that many LOCAL gangs. They have a lot of gangs that are foreign like the folks and people nation. But what I do like about Miami gangs is that  they're so unique and from gangs anywhere else. The gangs from  Miami/Florida don't really wear bandanas, they wear flags of their country in which the gang and or it's members originate from. Although some gangs started by a certain race, they allow membership of all races.

EXAMPLES:

Zoe Pound(wear the Haitian flag).

Jamaican Posse(wear the Jamaican flag).

Trinitarios(wear the Dominican flag).

Netas Association(wear the Puerto Rican flag).

Mara Salvatrucha(wear the El Salvador flag).

Wah Ching(wear the China flag).

The one of the only things I want Vice City is that I'm going to see my Caribbean people and they're going to play a bigger role. Also my Zoes and CUBANS... :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PwijYIZgj5s

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9pGA3Z9ey-U

* I still disagree. A new, modern day VC does not need a Caribbean island to be great. All it needs it a main city or two with smaller towns, surrounding countryside and wilderness, and maybe a few small offshore islands like the Florida Keys. In my view, there is just no point to having a Caribbean island, regardless of the possibilities. 

Adding an Caribbean island would make the game experience even better. The Islands are just an hopscotch away. Scarface:The World is Yours done it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SmfJunUPqXk

Why not R??? Again the possibilities. Vacations, drug trafficking/smuggling,etc. Also next gen hardware, more possibilities.

* Liberty City has been done twice. Los Santos/San Andreas has been done twice. Why not Vice City ?? Sorry bro, but I don't get your point. This just shows that it makes no sense. The Midwest would be cool, but I just don't see what is so special about it, it does not appear to offer any more than Vice City would offer. In fact, I personally think VC would offer more than the Midwest. Yes, Chicago has a lot gangs, the Mafia and all that, but so does Miami and South Florida. Sorry, just don't see the big deal about the Midwest just yet. 

Chicago has way more gangs than Miami would ever have. Most the gangs in Miami/Florida are from Chi-Town. The big deal with the Midwest is that its a COMPLETE HELL HOLE!

​1. Flint Michigan

2. Detroit

3. St Louis

4. Chicago

All four have high murder rates and gang related crime, more than Miami ever had.

Chicago(Note NYC has a LARGER population, yet Chi-town still surpassed NYC)

http://chicago.cbslo...-well-anything/

Detroit

http://www.inquisitr...ital-once-more/

St Louis

http://money.cnn.com...s-cities/2.html

Flint

http://www.businessi...runs-out-2011-4

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by Official General, 16 October 2013 - 11:24 PM.

@ The Made Man

That's cool bro, you've just reminded me about this, I comment on so many threads lol. I'm gonna reply to your most recent comments that you wrote in red. 

* I'm glad you agree and now see the light bro. It's only logical that the next GTA should be based on Vice City. Modern-day Miami still has a great deal to offer as a GTA location, and besides it is now a much bigger city than it was back in the 1980s (period of VC) and it has changed a lot too. Vice City is just begging and screaming for a brand-new HD makeover.

* I once saw a documentary about Colombian drug cartels using submarines to transport drugs directly to the USA. The first narco-submarines were very simply constructed things, with very basic facilities and functions, and they were quite hazardous at times. But those things do work effectively enough. And the short sea journeys from South America to the USA makes up the technical flaws. However, the documentary stated that Colombian drug cartels are investing huge amounts of money in improving these submarines and making them much better and more technically advanced. Bro, these Colombian drug guys are now actually buying advanced, navy-standard, high-end submarines from Russian criminal underworld and military contacts. They are even paying professional engineers and shipbuilders millions of dollars to privately build them their own high-end submarines, the same kind that national naval forces use - these Colombians are not playing, they wanna cut out the Mexican cartel's dominance of direct drug routes to the U.S as much as they can. 

* Yeah, you should know by now that Miami's glamorous nightlife is now globally famous, let alone nationally. I'm from London and people here think of nightlife as one of the main attractions when they speak of Miami. 

* Modern-day Miami is definitely a gang city, I've seen many recent documentaries and TV shows that show this. Miami's ghettos like Overtown, Liberty City and Little Haiti are teeming with many street gangs, and these areas have seriously very high rates of street crime, gun violence, mostly drug-related. What really interests me about Miami's gangs is that their existence totally revolves around the local drug trade - nobody gives a f**k about sets, colors or what hood they rep. Everything about them boils down to who controls the most profitable block or area for selling drugs, that's the only thing that really matters to Miami street gangs. This always leads to intense gang wars that really get out of hand and explode in a major way. 

Yeah you are right many Miami gangs are either of foreign-born origins or out of town from other U.S. cities, but there are many home-grown ones, trust me there are. So many in fact, that's why Miami's ghettos are like little war zones right now, they can now easily rival LA ghettos for high levels of gang activity and shootings. There are African-American, Hispanic-American, Cuban, Haitian, Jamaican street gangs all over Miami, and there are South American drug cartels, Russian Mob, Israeli ecstasy rings, and there are still New York Mafia guys relocating to South Florida too. Miami is PERFECT for gangs, this is not even questionable. 

* Ok, one Caribbean island would be cool I guess, a very small one though. It's not important to me, but I see your point.

* I know all about the Midwest and Chicago. I'd love to see that region in GTA and I know it would be great, but not for now. Right now, I think Vice City and South Florida deserves to be visited again and dine some serious justice in HD. 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by The Made Man, 17 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

@ The Made Man

That's cool bro, you've just reminded me about this, I comment on so many threads lol. I'm gonna reply to your most recent comments that you wrote in red. 

No prob. You should post all of this in your Vice City thread.

* I'm glad you agree and now see the light bro. It's only logical that the next GTA should be based on Vice City. Modern-day Miami still has a great deal to offer as a GTA location, and besides it is now a much bigger city than it was back in the 1980s (period of VC) and it has changed a lot too. Vice City is just begging and screaming for a brand-new HD makeover.

Its really gotten much bigger? IDK. I've never been to Miami before, but my family have lots of time. I have family in Florida and I always go down there near Orlando, but never to Miami. Never knew Miami gotten bigger since the 80s. But I always heard stories of how dangerous it was when I always go down to Orlando.

* I once saw a documentary about Colombian drug cartels using submarines to transport drugs directly to the USA. The first narco-submarines were very simply constructed things, with very basic facilities and functions, and they were quite hazardous at times. But those things do work effectively enough. And the short sea journeys from South America to the USA makes up the technical flaws. However, the documentary stated that Colombian drug cartels are investing huge amounts of money in improving these submarines and making them much better and more technically advanced. Bro, these Colombian drug guys are now actually buying advanced, navy-standard, high-end submarines from Russian criminal underworld and military contacts. They are even paying professional engineers and shipbuilders millions of dollars to privately build them their own high-end submarines, the same kind that national naval forces use - these Colombians are not playing, they wanna cut out the Mexican cartel's dominance of direct drug routes to the U.S as much as they can. 

Wait...I thought the Colombians and Mexicans had an alliance? I thought the Mexican cartels were the middle men for the Colombians? Why do the Colombians wanna cut out the Mexicans??? Mexican cartels do not have a foot in cocaine, they need the Colombians for that. Also if the game does set place in VC. Maye we'll see drug trafficking missions using subs with the Colombian cartels. Like GTA 5 had drug trafficking with the Mexican cartels. This is why I wanted the islands, because the Colombians use ports on some of islands to transport drugs. Just my opinion.

* Yeah, you should know by now that Miami's glamorous nightlife is now globally famous, let alone nationally. I'm from London and people here think of nightlife as one of the main attractions when they speak of Miami. 

Never knew that. I know why R named their Miami Vice City. VICE means...

1. a. An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.

b. A serious moral failing.
c. Wicked or evil conduct or habits; corruption.
2. Sexual immorality, especially prostitution.

^^^Thats Miami in a nutshell!!! Which is why R named their Miami VICE city. In the doc I posted, it said there is NO club where people are not doing drugs.

* Modern-day Miami is definitely a gang city, I've seen many recent documentaries and TV shows that show this. Miami's ghettos like Overtown, Liberty City and Little Haiti are teeming with many street gangs, and these areas have seriously very high rates of street crime, gun violence, mostly drug-related. What really interests me about Miami's gangs is that their existence totally revolves around the local drug trade - nobody gives a f**k about sets, colors or what hood they rep. Everything about them boils down to who controls the most profitable block or area for selling drugs, that's the only thing that really matters to Miami street gangs. This always leads to intense gang wars that really get out of hand and explode in a major way. 

Yeah you are right many Miami gangs are either of foreign-born origins or out of town from other U.S. cities, but there are many home-grown ones, trust me there are. So many in fact, that's why Miami's ghettos are like little war zones right now, they can now easily rival LA ghettos for high levels of gang activity and shootings. There are African-American, Hispanic-American, Cuban, Haitian, Jamaican street gangs all over Miami, and there are South American drug cartels, Russian Mob, Israeli ecstasy rings, and there are still New York Mafia guys relocating to South Florida too. Miami is PERFECT for gangs, this is not even questionable. 

The thing I LOVE about Miami/Vice City is that Caribbeans/Latin Americans run that city. My people...In the documentary I posted, it said it use to be Cubans that ran Miami, then Jamaicans(in 90s) and now Haitians. I knew Zoe Pound was really strong in Miami, but I never knew they had a foot in drug trade. And you're right...Miami gangs mostly care about the drug trade, they were greatly influenced by the scarface 80s.  And yeah Miami gangs dont care about gang colors, like I said they use their country flags. And good job on mentioning these gangs/criminal organizations  Are the Jamaican Posse still active in Miami? I know they're still active in Jamaica, but not in NYC like they were in the 90s. I also heard Miami had a Brazilian Mafia. I cant remember, I think it was this documentary when this rich family wife and son was kidnapped by them.

* Ok, one Caribbean island would be cool I guess, a very small one though. It's not important to me, but I see your point.

Yeah.

* I know all about the Midwest and Chicago. I'd love to see that region in GTA and I know it would be great, but not for now. Right now, I think Vice City and South Florida deserves to be visited again and dine some serious justice in HD. 

You already won me over with VC. But now you have to convince me to let go of the Midwest, because I really want the Midwest. Another reason why I want the Midwest and this is a big one for me, is because the Midwest has/had a lot of organized and powerful criminal organizations. Sure there was the North Holland Hustlers in GTA IV who were into Real Estate and were big in the crack-cocaine trade, but they werent enough and seemed more street gang. R has not really had a powerful organized black group. In the Midwest they had black criminal groups that were drug cartel level. If R does Detroit....We see a black criminal organization based off the Best Friends, Black Mafia Family, Young Boys INC or Chamber Brothers. The Best Friends were so powerful that they put a hit on the richest rapper P Diddy(would have liked it if they killed that sucka), but they cancelled it at the LAST MINUTE. We already know about the BMF. 

As for Chicago, we'll see gangs based off the Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords or Black P Stones. Chicago gangs are very organized, because they structured themselves after the mob. Also Nigerian criminal syndicates that specialize in heroine do business in Chi-Town. This is one of the reasons I want the Midwest. I wanna see a organized black crime syndicate....Been waiting for that for a long time.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Not at all a surprise really and for f*ck sakes can we go somewhere NEW for once. The original three are great and all, but let's move on to something new! It's been almost twenty years we've been going around in circles to the same locations.

Let R*'s creativity really flow and shape an amazing game world from scratch I say.

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

I don't understand how something can be "more or less confirmed" like it says in the title of this thread. "More or less" implies uncertainty yet "confirmed" means verified and completely certain. Therefore "more or less confirmed" is an oxymoron. Kinda like saying "stupidly smart" or "sexy British". They just don't go together.

Try to think next time OP.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

I don't understand how something can be "more or less confirmed" like it says in the title of this thread. "More or less" implies uncertainty yet "confirmed" means verified and completely certain. Therefore "more or less confirmed" is an oxymoron. Kinda like saying "stupidly smart" or "sexy British". They just don't go together.

Try to think next time OP.

LMFAO!

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by Official General, 17 October 2013 - 08:13 PM.

@ The Made Man

* I have never been to Miami, but I have done a lot of research into it and it's history. Miami actually used to be very small resort town as recently as the 1960s and early 1970s, back then it did not even have proper skyline. It had a small native population and it was visited by mostly elderly American tourists. It was only during the 1970s and early 1980s that Miami experienced a construction boom (most of it from drug money), so in the mid 1980s period of Vice City, Miami was still a small, but fast expanding city, it was not very big. Quote from Wikipedia (with verified sources) :

" According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Miami's metro area is the eighth most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 5.5 million. Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and international trade. "

Modern-day Miami is very big city now, it's grown so much since the 1980s.And the thing is, it's still growing fast like many urban areas in South Florida. 

skyline-miami.jpg

Miami_skyline_20080516.png

799px-Moon_over_Miami.png

* The Colombian drug organizations transport most of their cocaine to the USA on an overland route from Panama, all the way through Central America and finally to Mexico. This is because since in last couple of decades there has been heavily surveillance and pressure from law enforcement and naval/marine forces along the usual drug shipping routes in the Caribbean Sea that the Colombians use, and lots of drug shipments get lost from drug busts. The overland routes through Central America to Mexico are much safer for the Colombians because the local crime syndicates, gangs and corrupt law enforcement/government officials in these nations offer more of a guarantee that cocaine shipments will reach the USA. The problem is that the Mexican drug cartels are powerful enough to demand a significant cut of the shipments of Colombian cocaine reaching the USA, because its going through their territory, which is right on the U.S border. With 80 percent of cocaine now going through Mexico overland, it's no surprise that the Mexican cartels have grown so rich and powerful (and the reason why they fight major drug wars with each other). The Colombian want back more direct control of their cocaine shipping routes to the USA, and the best way to do that is to use submarines, as it cuts out the need to give the Mexicans a big percentage of the drug shipments. But it makes no difference, as all it means is that there will be many more different ways of cocaine entering the USA and overall cocaine market expands and every drug organization involved still make a lot of money. 

*  Well now you know bro. I hear so much dazzling stories about Miami nightlife. Bangin' strip clubs filled with rappers, producers, playas and ballas throwing money at the seriously fine bootylicious honeys, Latin bars and clubs with super-fine, hot and sexy Latinas, trendy, expensive spots where musicians, actors and rich people mingle together and party hard. All along with rampant drug use. Come on, it's gets no wilder than that. 

* The Cubans and Colombians definitely still dominate organized crime and major drug activity in Miami, they just operate in a more disguised, low-key manner with occasional acts of violence. The Jamaican Posses were quite a serious force in the Miami/South Florida gang scene during the 1980s and early 1990s. That is no longer the case now though. Even in New York, Jamaican gangs have kinda toned it down, most of the main ones there have been dismantled by law enforcement or chased out by local, native-born gangs. There must be still Jamaican gangs in Miami, but they are not as big compared to the Haitians. Besides, there are many more Haitians in Miami than there are Jamaicans. The main Caribbean gang element in South Florida are now the Haitian gangs like Zoe Pound of Miami and Top 6 of West Palm Beach. You even hear many rappers talking about just how crazy, extremely violent and fearsome those Haitian gangs in Miami are. I'd say the Haitians are the dominant Caribbean gang in Miami, definitely. And as always in most big U.S. cities, there are numerous violent and dangerous African-American gangs in Miami's ghettos dealing drugs. 

* Bro I want the Midwest too man I know all about the gangs there, and now it's the gang capital of the USA. I'd love a GTA set in Chicago. But my mind is set on a new VC first. 

Gouki_22
  • Gouki_22

90s kid

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

gta 6 with a new las venturas ,new san fierro vice city and 2 new locations.

, 6 playable characters, 90 hours worth of content, ps4 and and xboxone,

some guy like tuco from breaking bad and hinsenburg.

In GTA V maybe they could do a dlc where michales family kills franklin clinton

and takes over his buissnes like that show called weeds.

Jay_
  • Jay_

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

GTA is R*'s cash cow. A bil in the first three days confirms it. I just don't want to wait another 4 or 5 years.

The next GTA will probably take a lot longer than 5 years, they said they had been working on V since IV was released, 5 years...With V out now they haven't even started on the sixth one, so it'll be 6 years minimum I'm guessing

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

That almost be like saying Activision is done making COD's after this year or EA is done with Madden Games. 

Of course they will do another. But they might be more focused on other projects and DLC for GTA:5 for now. I wouldn't expect much news on GTA 6 (or whatever it will be called) for at least 3-4 years and releasing in about 5 years. You have to consider they will still be working on porting this to PC and more than likely the new consoles. 

Would like to put my vote in for either an entirely new area (Washington D.C.?) , or a modern day Vice City. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

They should do 6 in  a Boston/ New England area. you still have all the different ethnic organized crime groups and street gangs up there

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

GTA is R*'s cash cow. A bil in the first three days confirms it. I just don't want to wait another 4 or 5 years.

So you want Rockstar to become Activision.

:barf:

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:43 AM Edited by The Made Man, 18 October 2013 - 11:43 AM.

@ The Made Man

* I have never been to Miami, but I have done a lot of research into it and it's history. Miami actually used to be very small resort town as recently as the 1960s and early 1970s, back then it did not even have proper skyline. It had a small native population and it was visited by mostly elderly American tourists. It was only during the 1970s and early 1980s that Miami experienced a construction boom (most of it from drug money), so in the mid 1980s period of Vice City, Miami was still a small, but fast expanding city, it was not very big. Quote from Wikipedia (with verified sources) :

" According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Miami's metro area is the eighth most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 5.5 million. Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and international trade. "

Again drug money is the reason. The Cartels were racking in billions from the drug trade.

Modern-day Miami is very big city now, it's grown so much since the 1980s.And the thing is, it's still growing fast like many urban areas in South Florida. 

skyline-miami.jpg

Miami_skyline_20080516.png

799px-Moon_over_Miami.png

Dang...

* The Colombian drug organizations transport most of their cocaine to the USA on an overland route from Panama, all the way through Central America and finally to Mexico. This is because since in last couple of decades there has been heavily surveillance and pressure from law enforcement and naval/marine forces along the usual drug shipping routes in the Caribbean Sea that the Colombians use, and lots of drug shipments get lost from drug busts. The overland routes through Central America to Mexico are much safer for the Colombians because the local crime syndicates, gangs and corrupt law enforcement/government officials in these nations offer more of a guarantee that cocaine shipments will reach the USA. The problem is that the Mexican drug cartels are powerful enough to demand a significant cut of the shipments of Colombian cocaine reaching the USA, because its going through their territory, which is right on the U.S border. With 80 percent of cocaine now going through Mexico overland, it's no surprise that the Mexican cartels have grown so rich and powerful (and the reason why they fight major drug wars with each other). The Colombian want back more direct control of their cocaine shipping routes to the USA, and the best way to do that is to use submarines, as it cuts out the need to give the Mexicans a big percentage of the drug shipments. But it makes no difference, as all it means is that there will be many more different ways of cocaine entering the USA and overall cocaine market expands and every drug organization involved still make a lot of money. 

Whats funny is that the Colombian cartels can indirectly end the violence in Mexico because of all this. Both the Mexican Cartels and the USA are in trouble in the Colombian Cartels improve upon this. I keep hearing the coast guards are having a very difficult time catching the narco submarines. 

*  Well now you know bro. I hear so much dazzling stories about Miami nightlife. Bangin' strip clubs filled with rappers, producers, playas and ballas throwing money at the seriously fine bootylicious honeys, Latin bars and clubs with super-fine, hot and sexy Latinas, trendy, expensive spots where musicians, actors and rich people mingle together and party hard. All along with rampant drug use. Come on, it's gets no wilder than that. 

If the game takes place in Miami/Vice City. I hope we see this.

* The Cubans and Colombians definitely still dominate organized crime and major drug activity in Miami, they just operate in a more disguised, low-key manner with occasional acts of violence. The Jamaican Posses were quite a serious force in the Miami/South Florida gang scene during the 1980s and early 1990s. That is no longer the case now though. Even in New York, Jamaican gangs have kinda toned it down, most of the main ones there have been dismantled by law enforcement or chased out by local, native-born gangs. There must be still Jamaican gangs in Miami, but they are not as big compared to the Haitians. Besides, there are many more Haitians in Miami than there are Jamaicans. The main Caribbean gang element in South Florida are now the Haitian gangs like Zoe Pound of Miami and Top 6 of West Palm Beach. You even hear many rappers talking about just how crazy, extremely violent and fearsome those Haitian gangs in Miami are. I'd say the Haitians are the dominant Caribbean gang in Miami, definitely. And as always in most big U.S. cities, there are numerous violent and dangerous African-American gangs in Miami's ghettos dealing drugs. 

1. Are there still associates of the Colombian cartel in Miami? Do they members even stay in Miami like they use to?

2. How powerful are the Cuban organized crime syndicates. You already showed me a article about them being in a huge heist.

3. Is there a Brazilian type criminal organization in Miami? I think I remember watching a documentary about that. Them kidnapping a wife and her son. 

4. If the next GTA game is in VC, how present will the Italian Mafia be? We didnt see them in GTA 5(I think), but Miami does have some, but not on the level of NYC.

5. What other African American gangs are there? Besides Chicago based gangs like the Gangster Disciples.

6. Yeah I heard Zoe Pound has many connects to many famous rappers like Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Fabulous, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Tony Yayo,etc... A lot of rappers shout out their game. Actually people say that during the 50 cent and Rick Ross beef, Zoe Pound said that they were on RR side this time and thats why 50 Cent waved the white flag. Thats just what I heard...

7. What are the hispanic street gangs in Miami. I never hear about them, but just black gangs. Whether they be African American or Afro Caribbean...

* Bro I want the Midwest too man I know all about the gangs there, and now it's the gang capital of the USA. I'd love a GTA set in Chicago. But my mind is set on a new VC first. 

Yeah.

rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

They made a billion dollars in just a few days..its been weeks now.. they are probably contemplating on a Gta 7 or Gta 8 too.. Money bagging cash cows..Next on the way is DLC : Turf Wars  OR DLC : LAS VENTURAS  OR DLC : NORTH YANKTON 

OR watever.. even online purchases.. they are DEFINITELY MAKING A GTA 6 on PS4.. thats Fo Sure nigaa

• The Made Man likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

The problem is they will most probably take half a decade to develop another GTA. V took 5 years and it barely has interiors, only 69 missions and it lacks content so...It's next gen, it will be the next level just like GTA 4 was. I just don't want them to focus more on the ONLINE crap. GTA 6 might in fact be Online only and if that happens I'll be done with it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users