@ The Made Man
That's cool bro, you've just reminded me about this, I comment on so many threads lol. I'm gonna reply to your most recent comments that you wrote in red.
No prob. You should post all of this in your Vice City thread.
* I'm glad you agree and now see the light bro. It's only logical that the next GTA should be based on Vice City. Modern-day Miami still has a great deal to offer as a GTA location, and besides it is now a much bigger city than it was back in the 1980s (period of VC) and it has changed a lot too. Vice City is just begging and screaming for a brand-new HD makeover.
Its really gotten much bigger? IDK. I've never been to Miami before, but my family have lots of time. I have family in Florida and I always go down there near Orlando, but never to Miami. Never knew Miami gotten bigger since the 80s. But I always heard stories of how dangerous it was when I always go down to Orlando.
* I once saw a documentary about Colombian drug cartels using submarines to transport drugs directly to the USA. The first narco-submarines were very simply constructed things, with very basic facilities and functions, and they were quite hazardous at times. But those things do work effectively enough. And the short sea journeys from South America to the USA makes up the technical flaws. However, the documentary stated that Colombian drug cartels are investing huge amounts of money in improving these submarines and making them much better and more technically advanced. Bro, these Colombian drug guys are now actually buying advanced, navy-standard, high-end submarines from Russian criminal underworld and military contacts. They are even paying professional engineers and shipbuilders millions of dollars to privately build them their own high-end submarines, the same kind that national naval forces use - these Colombians are not playing, they wanna cut out the Mexican cartel's dominance of direct drug routes to the U.S as much as they can.
Wait...I thought the Colombians and Mexicans had an alliance? I thought the Mexican cartels were the middle men for the Colombians? Why do the Colombians wanna cut out the Mexicans??? Mexican cartels do not have a foot in cocaine, they need the Colombians for that. Also if the game does set place in VC. Maye we'll see drug trafficking missions using subs with the Colombian cartels. Like GTA 5 had drug trafficking with the Mexican cartels. This is why I wanted the islands, because the Colombians use ports on some of islands to transport drugs. Just my opinion.
* Yeah, you should know by now that Miami's glamorous nightlife is now globally famous, let alone nationally. I'm from London and people here think of nightlife as one of the main attractions when they speak of Miami.
Never knew that. I know why R named their Miami Vice City. VICE means...
1. a. An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.
b. A serious moral failing.
c. Wicked or evil conduct or habits; corruption.
2. Sexual immorality, especially prostitution.
^^^Thats Miami in a nutshell!!! Which is why R named their Miami VICE city. In the doc I posted, it said there is NO club where people are not doing drugs.
* Modern-day Miami is definitely a gang city, I've seen many recent documentaries and TV shows that show this. Miami's ghettos like Overtown, Liberty City and Little Haiti are teeming with many street gangs, and these areas have seriously very high rates of street crime, gun violence, mostly drug-related. What really interests me about Miami's gangs is that their existence totally revolves around the local drug trade - nobody gives a f**k about sets, colors or what hood they rep. Everything about them boils down to who controls the most profitable block or area for selling drugs, that's the only thing that really matters to Miami street gangs. This always leads to intense gang wars that really get out of hand and explode in a major way.
Yeah you are right many Miami gangs are either of foreign-born origins or out of town from other U.S. cities, but there are many home-grown ones, trust me there are. So many in fact, that's why Miami's ghettos are like little war zones right now, they can now easily rival LA ghettos for high levels of gang activity and shootings. There are African-American, Hispanic-American, Cuban, Haitian, Jamaican street gangs all over Miami, and there are South American drug cartels, Russian Mob, Israeli ecstasy rings, and there are still New York Mafia guys relocating to South Florida too. Miami is PERFECT for gangs, this is not even questionable.
The thing I LOVE about Miami/Vice City is that Caribbeans/Latin Americans run that city. My people...In the documentary I posted, it said it use to be Cubans that ran Miami, then Jamaicans(in 90s) and now Haitians. I knew Zoe Pound was really strong in Miami, but I never knew they had a foot in drug trade. And you're right...Miami gangs mostly care about the drug trade, they were greatly influenced by the scarface 80s. And yeah Miami gangs dont care about gang colors, like I said they use their country flags. And good job on mentioning these gangs/criminal organizations Are the Jamaican Posse still active in Miami? I know they're still active in Jamaica, but not in NYC like they were in the 90s. I also heard Miami had a Brazilian Mafia. I cant remember, I think it was this documentary when this rich family wife and son was kidnapped by them.
* Ok, one Caribbean island would be cool I guess, a very small one though. It's not important to me, but I see your point.
* I know all about the Midwest and Chicago. I'd love to see that region in GTA and I know it would be great, but not for now. Right now, I think Vice City and South Florida deserves to be visited again and dine some serious justice in HD.
You already won me over with VC. But now you have to convince me to let go of the Midwest, because I really want the Midwest. Another reason why I want the Midwest and this is a big one for me, is because the Midwest has/had a lot of organized and powerful criminal organizations. Sure there was the North Holland Hustlers in GTA IV who were into Real Estate and were big in the crack-cocaine trade, but they werent enough and seemed more street gang. R has not really had a powerful organized black group. In the Midwest they had black criminal groups that were drug cartel level. If R does Detroit....We see a black criminal organization based off the Best Friends, Black Mafia Family, Young Boys INC or Chamber Brothers. The Best Friends were so powerful that they put a hit on the richest rapper P Diddy(would have liked it if they killed that sucka), but they cancelled it at the LAST MINUTE. We already know about the BMF.
As for Chicago, we'll see gangs based off the Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords or Black P Stones. Chicago gangs are very organized, because they structured themselves after the mob. Also Nigerian criminal syndicates that specialize in heroine do business in Chi-Town. This is one of the reasons I want the Midwest. I wanna see a organized black crime syndicate....Been waiting for that for a long time.