Photo

Rockstar more or less confirm they will work on GTA 6

86 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

This post is in response to certain people on here who made a couple of threads claiming that Rockstar stated that GTA V may well be their last ever GTA game. It was clear to see that these guys misread Rockstar's earlier statement. Here is the link :

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-worth-of-ideas

Well this interview with the Rockstar president, Leslie Benzies on IGN more or less proves that theory wrong. According to Benzies appears that Rockstar indeed are going to develop another GTA after V, he talks about "GTA 6" and that they don't know yet what it will be (no surprise as GTA V only just come out). 

All i can say to this, is that I am very much hoping for a modern-day VIce City/South Florida. In the meantime, I'm still enjoying V. 

If anyone has already posted this, then mods can feel free to lock.

If not, in the meantime, please discuss, 

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

GTA is R*'s cash cow. A bil in the first three days confirms it. I just don't want to wait another 4 or 5 years.

• Finn 7 five 11 and StarFyer like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by Official General, 04 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Yeah me and you both !!

That is my only concern too. I just don't want them to take another whole millennium to make the next GTA like they did with GTA V and to some extent GTA IV. 

But other than that, I alway knew that Rockstar will have ideas for another GTA after this, the demand and money to be made is too huge. 

GTA is R*'s cash cow. A bil in the first three days confirms it. I just don't want to wait another 4 or 5 years.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by one55, 04 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

anyone who seriously thought that rockstar would never make another GTA game are nothing but brainless idiots.

how much did V make them? well over a billion $. you think rockstar said "hmm, a billion $...nah we don't want that! no more GTA games!!"

they will keep making these games BUT i do think it will be changing. they are focusing on GTA Online much more now. they are cutting features from SP and keeping them for Online. Single player will shrink into nothing but a story mode (already called this in V) where that's all you do...play through the story. i wouldn't be surprised if they started restricting parts of the map in SP and only letting you free roam the entire map online. Online will be where you explore the map, chase cops, steal cars and all that. because the story mode is shrinking it will cut down on development time so they can churn out games much faster. there was a 5 year wait for V. it will probably drop to about 3 years of waiting for the next game. they will monetise GTA with GTA Online. Right now it's free with the option of micro transactions but eventually it will be subscription based with DLC and more microtransactions.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah I totally agree with your first part, those doubters are idiots.

I hope that your part about focusing on online just is not true. That is another major concern for me. If Rockstar overdo this online stuff for GTA, it could what eventually be the ruin and downfall of the franchise. 

anyone who seriously thought that rockstar would never make another GTA game are nothing but brainless idiots.

how much did V make them? well over a billion $. you think rockstar said "hmm, a billion $...nah we don't want that! no more GTA games!!"

they will keep making these games BUT i do think it will be changing. they are focusing on GTA Online much more now. they are cutting features from SP and keeping them for Online. Single player will shrink into nothing but a story mode (already called this in V) where that's all you...play through the story. Online will be where you explore the map, chase cops, steal cars and all that. because the story mode is shrinking it will cut down on development time so they can churn out games much faster. there was a 5 year wait for V. it will probably drop to about 3 years of waiting for the next game. they will monetise GTA with GTA Online. Right now it's free with the option of micro transactions but eventually it will be subscription based with DLC and more microtransactions.

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

they will keep making these games BUT i do think it will be changing. they are focusing on GTA Online much more now. they are cutting features from SP and keeping them for Online. Single player will shrink into nothing but a story mode (already called this in V) where that's all you do...play through the story. i wouldn't be surprised if they started restricting parts of the map in SP and only letting you free roam the entire map online. Online will be where you explore the map, chase cops, steal cars and all that. because the story mode is shrinking it will cut down on development time so they can churn out games much faster. there was a 5 year wait for V. it will probably drop to about 3 years of waiting for the next game. they will monetise GTA with GTA Online. Right now it's free with the option of micro transactions but eventually it will be subscription based with DLC and more microtransactions.

I think they wanted to put more stuff like missions (only 69?) and interiors in but I think the Delays and Hardware limitations played a part.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I want the R* North guys to look out of their offices and do a re-imagining of Edinburgh. Killing little neds and smackheads would be insanely fun.

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I want the R* North guys to look out of their offices and do a re-imagining of Edinburgh. Killing little neds and smackheads would be insanely fun.

Would love an international GTA, i don't know what else they can do in America other then a Southern Map

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah I totally agree with your first part, those doubters are idiots.

I hope that your part about focusing on online just is not true. That is another major concern for me. If Rockstar overdo this online stuff for GTA, it could what eventually be the ruin and downfall of the franchise. 

they will keep making these games BUT i do think it will be changing. they are focusing on GTA Online much more now. they are cutting features from SP and keeping them for Online. Single player will shrink into nothing but a story mode (already called this in V) where that's all you...play through the story. Online will be where you explore the map, chase cops, steal cars and all that. because the story mode is shrinking it will cut down on development time so they can churn out games much faster. there was a 5 year wait for V. it will probably drop to about 3 years of waiting for the next game. they will monetise GTA with GTA Online. Right now it's free with the option of micro transactions but eventually it will be subscription based with DLC and more microtransactions.

just take a look at any official rockstar source: facebook, twitter or newswire. it's all GTA O. it's not a patch for GTA V it's a patch for GTA O (which did contain some fixes for SP). they've hardly spoke about V itself. it's all GTA O.

i think this will be the downfall of the series. not everyone can play or likes playing online. i'm not even excited about the next GTA game because i know it'll just be the same or even worse than V. they are dumbing SP down. i wish they'd just stick to making great single player games. yeah, keep improving multiplayer but don't totally ignore single player.

• Ferocious Banger and madicea13 like this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Causing mayhem in Los Santos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

This post is in response to certain people on here who made a couple of threads claiming that Rockstar stated that GTA V may well be their last ever GTA game. It was clear to see that these guys misread Rockstar's earlier statement. Here is the link :

Well this interview with the Rockstar president, Leslie Benzies on IGN more or less proves that theory wrong. According to Benzies appears that Rockstar indeed are going to develop another GTA after V, he talks about "GTA 6" and that they don't know yet what it will be (no surprise as GTA V only just come out). 

All i can say to this, is that I am very much hoping for a modern-day VIce City/South Florida. In the meantime, I'm still enjoying V. 

To be honest, Vice City in the modern times would not be that interesting in my opinion. It will be too similar to Los Santos and plus it is not that phenomenal like it was in the 80s. I hope R* does some place new like the midwest or better yet Texas. 

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think they wanted to put more stuff like missions (only 69?) and interiors in but I think the Delays and Hardware limitations played a part.

V and Online run on the same hardware so why can they make more garages/apartments (with interiors) for Online and not V? they chose not to put them in V. all the interior textures/models are already on the disc...i seriously doubt they are streamed over the internet. so if it's already on the disc why can't V access them?

• Boxman108 likes this

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

If R* is a "cash cow" then so is every other business in the world. and the plan of having a business... is guess what? YES... to make money.

Huso
  • Huso

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

45 years of ideas? so another The Warriors game? :O

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

GTA: Ediburgh dammit.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by one55, 04 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

If R* is a "cash cow" then so is every other business in the world. and the plan of having a business... is guess what? YES... to make money.

i know rockstar is a business and they are here to make money but they just made over $1b and they haven't even released DLC yet. they are getting greedy....they put some microtransactions in GTAO and i'm sure we'll see even more of them alongside DLC (for online) in an attempt to monetise the series between releases (V to VI and VI to VII)

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

GTA: Ediburgh dammit.

Dan Houser already said GTA will always be a USA-located game. He don't see it working well if the location was in a different country.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

i know rockstar is a business and they are here to make money but they just made over $1b and they haven't even released DLC yet. they are getting greedy....they put some microtransactions in GTAO and i'm sure we'll see even more of them alongside DLC (for online) in an attempt to monetise the series between releases (V to VI and VI to VII)

Why do people keep saying R* made 1 billion? Cause they didn't.
GTA V did!! That 1 billion is not just Rockstars money. They still have to pay taxes on that and part of it is the retailers money. So when its all said and done they probably made about 500 million so far.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hopefully they hand off online to a more competent developer.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I just hope they split off Online development from the main series development. Sure, have the Online team add the new maps and features in as they desire, but go back to fully developing the single player please. As much as I love it, GTA V felt rushed, and you never want a game to feel rushed after 5 years of development. 

• one55 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

To be honest, Vice City in the modern times would not be that interesting in my opinion. It will be too similar to Los Santos and plus it is not that phenomenal like it was in the 80s. I hope R* does some place new like the midwest or better yet Texas. 

Sorry bro, I disagree.

Modern-day Miami has a lot to offer, it's one of the most popular cities in the USA, a major tourist destination, still a playground for the rich and famous, it's a major center for media, entertainment and fashion, and there is still a lot drug trade, gangs, violence and gun crime going on. Miami (Vice City) is not really that similar to LA (Los Santos). The main things Miami and LA have in common is that they are both warm, sunny and glamorous cities, but they are still very different. Miami has a more tropical climate, feel and atmosphere to it, and it's layout is very different to LA, it's a city built on islands, rivers, lakes and lagoons. LA is none of those things, and the two cities have different demographics to each other too. And everything about Vice City does not have to be set in the 1980s, you need to stop repeating that bullsh*t. Sorry to be rude, but I've heard one too many people say that nonsense. GTA: VC did the 1980s well, it was unforgettable yes, but it's done, in the past, let it go. 

You mentioned the Midwest and Texas ? Now Texas would be so similar to California and the Midwest so similar to New York (Chicago at least). You kind of contradicted yourself there too.

@ one55

I really hope that Rockstar don't get corrupted by this online craze. Bceause online gaming is overhyped if you ask me. I don't midn them creating a great online mode, but I would just wish they treated single player as they main priority, because they did not appear to do that with GTA V. 

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

GTA: VC did the 1980s well, it was unforgettable yes, but it's done, in the past, let it go. 
[...]
I really hope that Rockstar don't get corrupted by this online craze. Bceause online gaming is overhyped if you ask me. I don't mind them creating a great online mode, but I would just wish they treated single player as they main priority, because they did not appear to do that with GTA V.

Well said, and I agree. Rockstar did a fantastic job with GTA Vice City, and it was the first game in the series which had an atmosphere that was nailed perfectly, if you consider the overall theme, the area and the year the game was set in. But it's time for something completely new. Sort of the way they did it with V, and usually always do with all their titles. San Andreas was set in the early 1990's, whereas GTAV is, as you know, set in the time after 2010. It's basically the same area, yet the differences are massive, it isn't the same at all. Not to mention that the different time period gives you an entirely different feel, too. SA and V are two entirely different games, and they don't have a whole lot in common, exactly as it should be.

I always thought that Vice City would be the city of the first next-gen GTA game. It has been over a decade since the last title that took place in a city that was based on Miami, not counting GTA Vice City Stories, so it is time to see it returning.

Also, I agree with you about the online subject. GTA has always been popular for its amazing experience - and that in singleplayer, not multiplayer. GTA Online seems to be highly successful, especially because it has the largest player count at a given time, over 15 million on October 1st to be more specific, in the history of the videogame industry. But I hope it doesn't make them 'abandon' the singleplayer experience of future GTAs. Thinking about it though, it's kind of unlikely, in my opinion. If you play their games from the last years, you will notice they all have memorable stories. I am especially talking about all their games since GTA IV. Dan Houser is the writer of the storylines, and I don't think he would stop with it in the near future.

GTA:O has over 500 missions from the beinning on, and more will be added as time goes by, and if I remember correctly, it will incorporate some sort of story. Honestly though, I doubt it will be anywhere near the quality of Rockstar's singleplayer stories. The multiplayer is an ongoing thing now. It's not created for GTAV, it's more or less a seperate game and will evolve over time, and it will last for years. It is up to the fans what Rockstar will do, judging by their latest newswire articles. I think Rockstar North will continue to think about the future path of the GTA franchise, and of course keep implementing their ideas into the practise.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think Edinburgh could actually be a good setting. It's not like the whole thing is based on real life, it's a parody. They are clever enough to do it.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'd be very excited to see how they can evolve GTA:O with GTA 6.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

GTA 6 will can be GRAND THEFT WORLD! will big map LOS SANTOS,LAS VENTURAS,SAN FIERRO and other cities! with big maps

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

They will take another 4 or so years to come out with the new GTA. Not only is this game huge but they are also going to focus on GTA:O which eill add a lot of life to the game due to the microtransactions economy system it will have.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

GTA: VC did the 1980s well, it was unforgettable yes, but it's done, in the past, let it go. 
[...]
I really hope that Rockstar don't get corrupted by this online craze. Bceause online gaming is overhyped if you ask me. I don't mind them creating a great online mode, but I would just wish they treated single player as they main priority, because they did not appear to do that with GTA V.

Well said, and I agree. Rockstar did a fantastic job with GTA Vice City, and it was the first game in the series which had an atmosphere that was nailed perfectly, if you consider the overall theme, the area and the year the game was set in. But it's time for something completely new. Sort of the way they did it with V, and usually always do with all their titles. San Andreas was set in the early 1990's, whereas GTAV is, as you know, set in the time after 2010. It's basically the same area, yet the differences are massive, it isn't the same at all. Not to mention that the different time period gives you an entirely different feel, too. SA and V are two entirely different games, and they don't have a whole lot in common, exactly as it should be.

I always thought that Vice City would be the city of the first next-gen GTA game. It has been over a decade since the last title that took place in a city that was based on Miami, not counting GTA Vice City Stories, so it is time to see it returning.

Also, I agree with you about the online subject. GTA has always been popular for its amazing experience - and that in singleplayer, not multiplayer. GTA Online seems to be highly successful, especially because it has the largest player count at a given time, over 15 million on October 1st to be more specific, in the history of the videogame industry. But I hope it doesn't make them 'abandon' the singleplayer experience of future GTAs. Thinking about it though, it's kind of unlikely, in my opinion. If you play their games from the last years, you will notice they all have memorable stories. I am especially talking about all their games since GTA IV. Dan Houser is the writer of the storylines, and I don't think he would stop with it in the near future.

GTA:O has over 500 missions from the beinning on, and more will be added as time goes by, and if I remember correctly, it will incorporate some sort of story. Honestly though, I doubt it will be anywhere near the quality of Rockstar's singleplayer stories. The multiplayer is an ongoing thing now. It's not created for GTAV, it's more or less a seperate game and will evolve over time, and it will last for years. It is up to the fans what Rockstar will do, judging by their latest newswire articles. I think Rockstar North will continue to think about the future path of the GTA franchise, and of course keep implementing their ideas into the practise.

@ Carl

I sure hope so bro. Having said that, I'm having a right blast with this game right now, GTA V was done very well.

But I just so badly want a modern Vice City/South Florida, it needs to be done some serious justice. 

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

The amount of sales they made on this one, they would be fools to say, Hey, we made xxx in money lets just call it quits.

WV_DallasFan
  • WV_DallasFan

Pit Pirates

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Tokyo GTA would be so epic 

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I dont know why they haven't done New Orleans yet. So much potential down there.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

GTA 6 will be ITALY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users