Photo

GTA Carcer City 2024.

14 replies to this topic
D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by D- Ice, 21 October 2013 - 06:58 AM.

GTA CARCER CITY 2024.

Hey all, this thread is for my new GTA concept idea, for GTA Carcer City 2024.
Below you'll find a table of contents listing the various aspects of my concept. Click on availablw titles will link you directly to the relevant posts about them.
I don't have enough time today (and likely most other days) to write up my ideas in one go, so I'll be updating this thread as we go along, as well as the table of contents, so you can jump right to the latest concept updated without having to scour through the entire thread.

Also, sorry for that lack of fancy word art and titles. I've just lost my laptop's old HDD and don't have any of the programs to make that right now (I only know how to use Microsoft Office Word Art lol). If any of you can point me to where someone with very little tech knowledgelike myself can make some for free, I'd appreciate it.

Hope you enjoy. :)

NEW: WANTED LEVEL SYSTEM INTRO & STARS.

NEW: CITY AREAS: RICH SUBURBS ADDED TO DOCKS POST.

CONTENTS:

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by D- Ice, 20 October 2013 - 03:23 AM.

Introduction.

2024, and the great American Super-Power has fallen.

Not because of a world-shattering nuclear holocaust, a break-out of a zombie-forming virus, nor an invasion by Russian ultra-nationalists or Islamic terrorists.

In the end, it was so insidious, most never saw it coming. The simple decline of the American economy.

Some say it comes simply with China overtaking America's GDP in 2020, others the American financial crises of 2018, and others still to the rampant corruption in the financial industry. Others pin is back to the 2008 recession crises and lack of real recovery, and lack of investment in the US by US companies. Some point the blame at the failed War on Terror and massive costs. There are even those who point the finger at the decline of American manufacturing and the automotive industry all the way back in the 1970s.

But that is all with the benefit of hind-sight.

The US GDP is now comfortably second to China's, and some speculators estimate that with anothermajor decline in the economy, it could become third in the world after Japan in a decade (2034).

All the while, the US government continues looking to the outside in order to solve these problems. Virtually all US government efforts, and a large portion of expenditure, is going into regaining influence across the world from a resurgent Iran, an increasingly daring Russia, and the new global power China. The plan is to use the might of the US military to gain influence to alleviate the economic decline.

What results is near-complete neglect of the growing instability, violence and corruption inside the US.

Welcome to Carcer City - a quintessential American metropolis, financial and industrial centre.

Located in the American Mid-West, it represented a more sensible version of the American dream, away from the extremes of East-Coast Liberty City, and the West-Coast Los Santos.

The city played host to numerous definitive American cultural institutions - from being home to some of the most iconic prohibition-era mobsters to producing some of America's "Arsenal of Democracy" during the Second World War to help the UK to fight Nazi Germany.

During the Cold War that followed, the city's automotive industry produced some of the classic American gas guzzlers - massive and inefficient, they flaunted American excess in the face of the Soviet Unions tiny, cheap and cramped compact cars. The City's golden age during the 1960, with the wealthiest average population of any US city, represented the very meaning of the American Dream.

However, the death of the city's manufacturing hailed the begining of the wider death of American industry.

The city underwent a frighteningly fast decline, that saw a steep population decline, as many emmigrated to other parts of the nation to seek better prospects.

Sadly, this was also a harbinger for what was to come to the entire nation. As economic decline swept through the nation, the city - home to extremely cheap properties and the last successful vestiges of the American financial industry - became an attractive place.

From the desperate old middle-classes of Carcer City, to recently immigrants from other US cities unable to afford living there. From financial moguls to two-bit shysters. From street hustlers to major international drug-running operations. From domestic and foriegn intelligence agents to terrorist cells. From hippie communities to cult communes. And from racist far-right political movement to illegal immigrants coming across the US' now porous borders.

Everyone in this city is desperate to exploit the situation to stake their share in picking the bones of a dying America clean.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

2024 :/

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by D- Ice, 08 October 2013 - 01:31 AM.

RESERVED.

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

CARCER CITY sucks we want VICE CITY

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can you at least give a reason as to why Vice City is better than Carcer City?

That aside, you don't speak for "us", you speak for yourself. So "we" don't want Vice City, "you" want Vice City.

• D- Ice likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yea, modern-day vice city sucks, but Carcer City isn't fun also. It's just a horror version of Liberty city

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 06 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.

Yea, modern-day vice city sucks, but Carcer City isn't fun also. It's just a horror version of Liberty city

Translation: "I'm not adventurous enough to go to new places. I cant think on my own, I want Rockstar to do everything for me. And even though I think a modern day Vice City would sucked, I'd rather do that. Because I'm a weak and uncreative man who fears the unknown and who is only comfortable with what I know even when it sucks".

What is up with the hatred that modern day GTA fans have for urban environments? It's like ever since GTA San Andreas came out yall think that every game has to be sunny and some mountain climbing environmentalist simulator. Yall dudes sound soft and weak, more concerned with sun tanning on the beach instead of going to a hardcore city with massive slums and grimy streets. If you guys used your own minds for once, you'd realize that you can do a summertime game in the Midwest/East Coast and have a mixture of SUN and CRIME and not gloomy like GTA 4 which was in the fall time. That thought has never occurred right? Since a portion of the fanbase is so concerned with sun tanning and the other half doesn't mind urban environments, the only solution to please both is a game in Chicago during the summertime June/Julyish with the lake beaches since Chicago is a city much larger city than Detroit or Miami [Chicago 2,700,000 pop, Detroit 700,000 pop, Miami 400,000 pop]. You can have a big lake with Chicago on one side and Detroit on the otherside if the next gen GTA has a huge multi-city map. But if it is a single city map again, then it should just be a big city/state like Chicago or Texas. Im not a fan of a midsized city being the focus of GTA 6.

• D- Ice likes this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by D- Ice, 07 October 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Firstly, thanks all for the replies.

I was getting worried this topic might die just as it starts. Please feel free to keep discussing and updating me with what you think on my concept thread.

Thanks to the new multi-quote system, I can now reply to every one of your posts. :)

2024 :/

I understand why a future setting might seem rather odd, but the reason is to give me more creative freedom - specifically in creating a dystopian feelto the game world.

A game set in a contemporary setting will struggle with realism and player immersion if it strays too far from how the setting actually is/was at the time persiod.

As was hinted in the Introduction, and as you will find out in the Setting section below, this game's theme is the decline and collapse of the American Super-Power.

We hear it on the news all the time about how China will take over, how the American economy is going to collapse etc... So what better theme and setting for a crime game?

I hear you. I understand how amazing GTA Vice City was at the time, and I was one of the gamers who truely enjoyed that game.

However, the sunny, bright, colourful Vice City - in all it's 1980's splendoe, has already be done.

Doing the exact same thing in HD will not bring back that amazing feeling of having a GTA based in a  completely new and exciting location. It will not be the same as going from LC to VC for the first time.

Basing the game in modern times will essentially dumb down the colourful glitz, glamour and crime of the 80's.

I think those are two point the seeming majority of VC fans need toconsider before routing for it again.

Can you at least give a reason as to why Vice City is better than Carcer City?

That aside, you don't speak for "us", you speak for yourself. So "we" don't want Vice City, "you" want Vice City.

Thanks mate. I'm also really not a fan of going back to VC again.

I really find it hard to understand why somany on the forum want to go back there again.

I agree with you completely on VC. However, IMO Carcer City is going to be based on a hybrid of Chicago, Detroit and other 'Rust-Belt' town in the US.

Translation: "I'm not adventurous enough to go to new places. I cant think on my own, I want Rockstar to do everything for me. And even though I think a modern day Vice City would sucked, I'd rather do that. Because I'm a weak and uncreative man who fears the unknown and who is only comfortable with what I know even when it sucks".

What is up with the hatred that modern day GTA fans have for urban environments? It's like ever since GTA San Andreas came out yall think that every game has to be sunny and some mountain climbing environmentalist simulator. Yall dudes sound soft and weak, more concerned with sun tanning on the beach instead of going to a hardcore city with massive slums and grimy streets. If you guys used your own minds for once, you'd realize that you can do a summertime game in the Midwest/East Coast and have a mixture of SUN and CRIME and not gloomy like GTA 4 which was in the fall time. That thought has never occurred right? Since a portion of the fanbase is so concerned with sun tanning and the other half doesn't mind urban environments, the only solution to please both is a game in Chicago during the summertime June/Julyish with the lake beaches since Chicago is a city much larger city than Detroit or Miami [Chicago 2,700,000 pop, Detroit 700,000 pop, Miami 400,000 pop]. You can have a big lake with Chicago on one side and Detroit on the otherside if the next gen GTA has a huge multi-city map. But if it is a single city map again, then it should just be a big city/state like Chicago or Texas. Im not a fan of a midsized city being the focus of GTA 6.

Thanks bro. I completely agree with you on the whole sun-tanning bollocks going on with the massive VC fanbase.

I think a lot of them enjoyed the massive change in atmosphere going from GTA 3 to VC, and they probably think it can be recreated in HD. That obviously will completely fail, as nothing can really replace that first massive change in scenery and atmosphere - the novilty will wear off the second time.

Also, a VC in modern times will just have a severely dumbed down vibe, as compared to the 1980's. As amazing and as beautiful as GTA V's LS and Blain County were, it lacked that certain special feeling I had when I explored LS and surrounding countryside for the frist time in GTA SA. It was the same atmosphere, just with better graphics and the post-recession vibe (which I don't think was explored all that much).

I completely agree with you that we need a new location mate.

Also with the whole countryside and looking at the scenery thing, that is exactly what I have been preaching for a while.

IMO, GTA is sadly heading in the direction of pandering to "voyeur" gamers, and those who want a Sims game, but also want to feel badass to their friends. R* are spending too much time on creating beautiful scenery and side-activities that have nothing to do with crime. Admittedly the storyline is still crime-orientated, though free-roaming and side-missions are a major part of GTA.

You are also completely correct with regards urban environments. While crime occures everywhere, the city slums provide far more condensed criminal activities, due to population density and desperation. Also, cities provide a hub for all sorts of criminal activities. In the countryside you might get a few meth labs, and some smugglers running goods, but the city is where all crime comes together. In cities you can have smugglers running things from one place to another, as well as dropping things of anddealing with other criminals. You also get meth labs, but also the suppliers for the ingredients and buyers, as well as close competetion from others criminals.

Funnily enough, I also put great emphasis on having a large city. I even went on Wikipedia to see city sizes and a list of the largest cities in the US. :D

The reason was that larger cities offer a larger variety and capacity for crime. Smaller cities usually have criminal organisations usually focussed on a few types of crime, and wont have very powerful and well organised criminal organisations.

I will go into details with others updates on this thread, but I want the focus of my concept thread to be just crime.

No more sh*tty tennis or darts mini-games. Now there's mini-games where you smuggle drugs, buy and sell various drugs to others gangs/dealers/customers, as well as maybe a mini-game where you cut/process the drugs.

No more sh*tty relationships with friends and girlfriends - now relationships are with different gangs, other criminal organisations and law enforcement agencies. Piss the off, and they'll send drive-by gangsters, hitmen, assassins and death squads after you. Grease them up with money or favours, and you might get better deals from them, as well as unique perks.

Hopefully that will be more fun than the current min-games.

Unseen_Bull
  • Unseen_Bull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'll sound like a noob, but Carcer City sounds like Detroit. If I'm wrong lemme know. Going to a new city will be a good idea I think the developers have thought about which location should be next. Obviously VC gives people hard ons and that understandable. After much thought I'm 70/30 on that return. The whole Scarface vibe has died down (great movie btw). I think stepping into the future is probably the next step. As the OG has stated in this and other posts, there are plenty of cities across America that can be the setting for the next installment. With that being said, any thoughts on setting outside the US? There's been the London game and there's always been some type of Oriental vibe (Yakuza from GTA 3, Wu Zu Mu from San Fierro in San Andreas, and China Town Stories on GBA, if I'm missing something lemme know). The American POV has been well represented even in IV cause Niko came to LC. A culture change and extended storyline is what's missing imo But if push comes to shove, DLC of SF and LV wouldn't hurt!

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by D- Ice, 20 October 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Setting.

Carcer City is not based entirely on any one US city. It is based on an amalgamation of various US cities in the mid-west region.

It will comprise Chicago's role as a financial hub, it's large population, and history of organised crime. It will also have Detroits rapid decline, bankrupcy and collapse, but perhaps without the depopulation. It will also represent the general characteristics of America's 'Rust-Belt' cities.

Population.

The city will have a population of 2.4 million in 2024.

With the decline of American manufacturing, especially with the automotive industry, Carcer City's jobs and wealth started to also decline. This lead to a slow exodus starting from as far back as the early 1960's, when Carcer City reached a population high of 3.2 million.

This exodus was only increased with the post-recession economic turmoil in the early 2010s. Many residents started moving out of the city, leaving large swaithes of abandoned residential areas, which quickly became crime-ridden urban badlands. The city reached a population low of only 1.9 million in 2016.

With the 2018 decline of the American economy and national standards of living, the dirt-cheap Carcer City abandoned houses suddenly started looking really attractive to America's struggling working-classes, and some middle-classes. The city became repopulated with America's most desperate, reaching 2.4 million in 2024. Population growth is beginning to plateau as many of the bandoned houses are being reoccupied, though some new immigration from inside and outside the US means that there remains a small population growth.

Many of the city's rich, powerful and corporate (from GTA 3 manual) remained in the city through thick and thin (after all, they are never the ones to suffer), living idyllic lives in super-luxurious gated communities, and protected by the best armed neighbourhood guards and private bodyguards money can buy.

Throughout the US, there has been greatly increased movements of all levels of business people, who have now shifted their focus onto picking the bones of a dying America clean, and exploiting the current situation to their own ends - even if it means putting the final nail in America's coffin.

History.

"No one here in Carcer City really cares about history. It's not like it ever repeats itself in the short 350 or so years since Carcer's first settlements.

There are those who claim we can learn from the history of other places, but they tend to be the numerous crazy conspiracy loons in the city - many of whom libertarian survivalist types packing military-grade weaponry. So no one really tends to discuss anything with them.

Then there are those who claim important parallels can be drawn with the fall of another great Western Civilisation, the Western Roman Empire - but they tend to get crap thrown on their patrionising egg-heads by the normal populace of Carce, jumped and mugged by street thugs, or raped by the Loonies gang. All well deserved for the Un-American intellectuals who got us all into this mess."

City Areas.

The City will be a massive sprawling metropolitan area, with great diversity.

Following the dramatic changes to the US, and the city's rapid depopulation and repopulation, the city's very structure has changed so much that the previous districts are now a mere shadow and subtle back-drop to the city's new divisions.

The reas of the city have been completely reorganised from their original states by time, neglect and the new influx of immigrants.

Slums.

Carcer City's previously sprawling middle-class residential areas have now been transformed into slums the likes of which America has never seen.

Here you will find homes of Carcer's old middle-classes, who never left and are now struggling.

You will also find the many repopulated houses, refurbished and repurposed to various degrees.

The worst are decaying, abandoned, boarded-up houses with no electricity, water or gas, used by the homeless and drug addicts as a very rudementary form of protection against the bitter cold of Carcer City.

Abandoned House 1.

Abandoned House 2.

Abandoned House 3.

The best will surprise you as to the ingenuity of the residents, many will surpass the state of the houses in their glory days.

You will also find isolated communities of Southern right-wing survivalists, self-reliant Libertarian communities - the modern equivalent to hippy camps, rich sub-urbanites building self-reliant communities to spend time in during their long vacations, and perhaps some cult communes.

So don't be surprised to see some intriguingly different, and exciting areas amongst all the gloomy urban decay.

These areas are also a great source of luxury cars, custom built/improvised, and some military-style vehicles.

Just be warned that some of these isolated communities are defended to various degrees - from simple banners and fencing, to heavily armed guards, check-points and even military-style binkers and barricades.

Libertarian Community in abandoned Detroit neighbourhood.

Official Website of Libertarian Community in Detroit.

Consequently, crime is quite high - mostly consisting of street gangs fighting over turf to sell drugs, and attacks on rival drug dens. House Robberies are also common.

The vast majority of public services are not available in these neighbourhoods, as none of the police stations, fire departments and medical centres have been reopened.

Police patrols never enter the area, nor dispatch officers to reports of most crime. Only major incidents and important arrest warrants are answered for with armoured cars and tactical/SWAT units and helicopters.

As a result, many residents have taken up arming themselves, paying local thugs to protect their areas, and even organising militias.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

@DoubleOGJohnson: Streets are way better than forums, for swearing.

What's really better in Carcer City, than Chicago?! Chicago and Detroit are waaaaaaaaay better than Carcer City. Carcer City is fun to be referenced, but not fun to explore. It's just something similar to Anywhere city in GTA2.

Vice City in modern-day is sh*t because it's just some palm trees, beaches and water. It doesn't have the nice 80's theme and Carcer City is just a Vice City which has exploded buildings instead of palm trees.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by D- Ice, 20 October 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Downtown.

Downtown Chicago 1.

Downtown Chicago 2.

Downtown Chicago 3.

The all-powerful organised crime families that rule the underworld are utterly dwarfed by what lurks in the magnificent sky-scraper skyline of the Central Business District (CBD). Despite America's continuing economic turmoil, brand new sky-scraping constructs of steel, glass and concrete are still being erected, acting as an afront to to all notions of austerity.

The only outwards difference now is the tightened security, to keep the corporate heart of the city secure from the desperation afflicting the rest of the city. But don't be fooled, the very financial workings of the CBD are now unrecognisable from their hay days.

Corruption in businesses is spreading thanks to the numerous economic crises lately. Businesses are switching their focus from actually doing anythig constructive to financial fraud - anything from Securities Fraud to "Pump and dump" schemes. When not committing such crimes, the rest of their time is spent fighting in and out of court for what little bail-outs, government subsidies, repossessed property and any valuable resources remain in America.

But don't be fooled by the "whte collar crime" vibe. Desperation and corruption means rich and powerful corporations and individuals here are more than happy to use their considerable power, money and influence to orchestrate some of the most decisive violence in the city. Everything from from highly professional assassinations to death squad activities, and from car bombing to false-flag terrorist attacks is orchestrated behind the veil of highly respected, legitimate corpratism here.

By day, the CBD is bustling with businessman and -women with various degrees of complicity in the newly realised financial criminal empires, armies of professional armed security protecting the area, and droves of workers providing services - from over-priced sushi cooks to chauffeurs. Private helicopters whizz back and forth across the polluted sky, transporting the most powerful, way out of reach of the desperation, lowly commoners and potential harm below.

The nationally and internationally strategic important of America's finnacial hubs, and the recent economic instability ahs meant that they are now also bristling with all sorts of agents. Some work for powerful corporations to spy on competition and help preserve their financial and political interetsts, others for for US and foriegn governments.

They lurk amongst the populus of the CBD, pursuing their employers' interests with utmost professionalism and ruthless efficiency.

By night, the CBD's grid-plan of wide boulevards is left dark and desolate - an ideal venue for most of Carcer City's illegal street races.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by D- Ice, 20 October 2013 - 03:19 AM.

The Docks.

Carcer City Docks are not only transportation and freight hubs for Carcer City, but for the entire region. Originally built during the city's industrial hay days, they were once used to transport vast amounts of raw materials into the city, and manufactured goods out. In post-industrial America, with manufacturing outsourced or closed down, their role switched more to importing vast amount of foriegn-manufactured goods to feed America consumerist culture.

Now, with the economy in tatters and standards of living being some of the lowest in American History, imports have declined sharply. With increased corruption and instability across the country, some of the largest freight companies are now directly and indirectly partaking in illegal smuggling operations, many falling into the control of established criminal enterprises to various degrees.

The city prides itself on being one of last remaining bastions of American manufacturing these days, with a relatively intact electronics industry, with national and global markets.

By day, the docks are bristling with activity, loading and unloading containers in ships, trucks and storage. Security is extremely tight, with the docks and warehouses being patrolled by various heavily-armed private security firms. Many electronic security counter-measures are also installed all over the place - from basic burgler alarms, to state-of-the-art military-grade systems, that can manipulate electric gates and draw-bridges to lock you into a small area, before directing armed guards and law enforcement to your exact location.

By night, the illegal trade that too risky to disguised as legitimate during the daytime takes place. This can include anything from human traffickers auctioning off women into sexual slavery, to the smuggling of secret military technologies and nuclear weapons.

About a third of the way through the storyline, you will be introduced to whole-sale dealing, buying and selling illegal goods in large quantities at the docks, as well as smuggling. These will then be unlocked as side-activities to make larger amounts of money - at higher difficulty and risk.

Rich Suburbs.

Despite the recent economic turmoil and financial near-collapse gripping America for the past several years, one group seems largely unaffected - at times even better off - against the backdrop of hardship, desperation and poverty gripping the rest of the populus. This group is the upper class elites - the politicians and rich businessmen and women ruthless enough to exploit this difficult time for their personal financial gain - at the cost of driving the desperate into more financial hardship and destroying the struggling national economy.

You can find these degenerates living in luxury in exclusive neighbourhoods. Their idyllic and serene lifestyle of ridiculous excess is sheltered from the desperate reality of the rest of the city by high concrete walls with electrified fencing, private security and bodyguards, hi-tech electronic counter-measures and even private military contractor (PMC) patrols in neighbouring areas outside the walls.

Beyond the walls lies the decaying, abandoned remains of once also wealthy neighbourhoods. The multi-million dollar mansions are now boarded up and left abandoned, the beautiful gardens overgrown with weeds and litter, and the swimming pools empty. The inhabitants of these areas were either too ethical to turn to corruption, or failed at it, and are now poorer and forced into more affordable homes. Or they left the collapsing super-power to take their wealth and skills elsewhere. Only the most immoral and desperate remain in the walled off fortress neighbourhoods.

The area is now infested with crime, squatters and hipesters too scared to gentrify the real cesspits of the city.

The sound of shoot-outs between the PMCs and gangs in the neighbourhoods beyond the wall are the only morsels of reality to shatter the shielded existance of the residents of the wealthy neighbourhoods.

The vintage and super-car collections stored in private underground parking lots and multi-car garages in the mansions here are virtually never used outside the walls. The residents here only leave the confines of the security walls in private helicopters and convoys with armed bodyguards and/or PMC soldiers.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Wanted Level System.

The wanted level system was what really set GTA appart from other crime ganmes in the past. I still remember first seeing and playing GTA 2 at a family friend's house and being amazed at how you can also get black special/secret agent cars and even the army chasing after you - an amazing improvement from the Driver series I was into at the time, even if it was in 2D. When I got my hands first on GTA 3, I remember spending so much time going on rampages against the law in free-roam - it was by far one of my favourite out of mission activities - even today.

However, recently R* haven't been improving the system that much - even downgrading it, with a five-star maximum wanted level for the first time in GTA V. Infact some other GTA-inspired games are now over-taking GTA in that aspect. In my GTA concept idea, I propose GTA take back the title of having the best, most fun and detailed wanted level system in video-gaming.

I found the non-improved, stupid AI a massive disappointment in GTA V, especially with some pre-release rumours I heard of being able to barricade yourself in buildings. These false claims have inspiured me to design a wanted level system where you can just do that - barricade yourself in safehouses and other building. Infact, I want it to be a main feature of this new wanted level system.

Wanted Stars.

One Star: Obtained by committing minor crimes - from selling drugs on a street corner to murder. Patrol Officers in the area will be dispatched to your Last Known Location. On foot, police will only use non-lethal force; nightsticks, pepper spray, tasers and attempting to tackle you to the ground. In the slums, they will aim their guns at you, like in GTA IV and V. Police Cars will give chase. Police will only enter a building if they see you entering it - otherwise they will not enter buildings in the area.

Two Stars: Obtained by committing violent crimes, where you are designated an active threat to society. Police Backup is called in to assist from around the area. Police will shout or use police car megaphone to tell you to surrender, after which they will open fire with basic pistols and basic shotguns. Police cars will chase you aggressively with pit maneuvers. If in the water, police boats are called in to chase you, with officers shooting at your boat when they get close. Police will carry out searches in all buildings in your last known location.

Three Stars with "NEGOTIATION" in red flashing on top: From this point on, patrol officers and police backup will change their behavious - instead of moving towards you and shooting, they will now set up Police Perimeters. These consist of the classic method of police cars surrounding your location, with officers hiding behind and taking aim at you. During negotiation phases, they will not fire at you.

A Police Helicopter will fly overhead, without shooting at you. A senior officer (just a randomly chosen officer) will spawn with a mobile phone and will call you, and will try to talk you into surrendering. Depending on how good you are at Negotiation, they will either offer not to kill you if you surrender peacefully, or to add not giving you Heat afterwards. You are given three rounds of negotiations.

If you try to escape the area, shoot at the police or fail to reach a deal in all three rounds of negotiations, you will go straight to Three Stars (below).

Three Stars: Negotiations have been called off.

When negotiations fail at any wanted level, patrol officers and police backup will continue to surround you and set up a perimeter when you are on foot. Officers in the perimeter will fire at you if you are in line of sight, but won't run to your location, instead remaining behind their cars. After a new perimeter is set up, or if the old one remains intact, four-man teams of various units will come to your position to gun you down. If you are indoors, they will raid the building. If you are in a vehicle, special chase units are spawned instead.

At Three Stars, one team of four patrol officers and/or police backup will be called in to gun you down. If you are hiding in an indoor area/interior, they will raid it.

In a police chase, police cars are aided by Police Interceptors, who will ram your car hard. Road blocks with spike strips will be set up. At sea, police boats are used to set up perimeters and deliver the four-man police team. If you kill four officers (the same number as the raiding team, but you can also kill those in the perimeter), your wanted level is raised to Four Stars (below).

Four Stars with "NEGOTIATION": Police will surround your area as with Three Stars (keeping the old perimeter or setting up a new one if you shot the officers and/or blew up the cars in the old one). However, a specialist Police Negotiator is called in for negotiations. Depending on your negotiations with them, you can be offered any combination of the two previous options, with the added option of not having your weapons taken away from you after you surrender. You are offered five rounds of negotiations. Negotiations are ended for the same reasons as before.

Four Stars: The building your in, or your location (it is unlikely you will survive the previous raid if outdoors) will be raided by two SWAT Teams (consisting of four men each). During police chases, Interceptors are replaced by Police Sports Cars. SWAT arrive by police boat at sea. Killing eight law enforcement officers will get you Five Stars (below).

Five Stars with "NEGOTIATION": Police perimeter as before. But now an FBI Negotiator is called in, with a potentially better deal, as well as a NOOSE Helicopter with sharpshooters. You can have any combination of the previous three options, with the addition of a "walk out of jail free card", without losing bail and bribe money (much higher in this game). If you manage to strike the best deal, you essentially remove your wanted level and spawn outside a police station - not getting wasted, not retaining any heat afterwards, not losing your weapons, and not losing any money. However, getting a deal with all four things will be extremely difficult. You are given ten rounds of negotiations, and negotiations are ended for the usual reasons.

Five Stars: Three four-man NOOSE Squads raid your location. NOOSE helicopter sharpshooters will fire on you if they have line of sight. Police sports care are replaced by Undercover FBI cars, which will spawn infront of your car and try to ram your car head-on - like the NOOSE Patriots in GTA IV, but at full speed. At sea, NOOSE arrive by police boat. Killing twelve law enforcement officers will gain you Six Stars.

Six Stars: You have killeds over 24 law enforcement officers, likely mostly specialist tactical units. As soon as you get six stars, all law enforcement will retreat - they will literally run away or get into their cars and drive off. No more perimeters, raiding teams, helicopters or police chases - they have all been called off.

You will get either one of two possible versions of the Six Star Wanted Level, chosen completely randomly each time.

Six Stars flash for a while. Radio chatter can be heard about the US Government wanting to cover up the law enforcement failure, or to transfere the matter to "friends at Langley". A black marker effect will rule over the wanted level stars with a black line, with the word "REDACTED" on it in white: Law enforcement has completely failed to contain you, and the US Government turned to the CIA/IAA to bring you down quickly and quietly. They will rely on unsavoury connections in criminal, terrorist and armed groups to take you down. It will be implied in radio chatter that these groups are infiltrated and manipulated by the CIA/IAA - randomly when you kill a members of that group, you'll hear hysterically panicked "Secret Agent Down" over the radio.

If you are still barricaded, Terrorist Groups try to blow up the entire place (you'll get a good warning from listening to radio chatter). They can also raid your place with four-man death-squads. These will behave identical to tactical units sent after you before, but will consist of American Militia Movement Members, terrorists, Paramilitary Units, or guys in Bomb suits/CoD Juggernaut suits/GTA V

Spoiler
(identified as criminal Mercenaries in radio chatter).

Outdoors on foot, snipers aid the death squads instead of Terrorists blowing up your building (you will get warning from radio chatter as with all other units, and you will be able to see the lasers from their snipers).

If you are escaping by car, professional criminal getaway drivers will try anything to take you out in their beautiful custom modded machines. At sea, pirates and smugglers will chase and attack you.

Air units won't be called in as drones, orbital spy satellites and camera surveillance will know exactly where you are. This also means that unlike other wanted levels, you cannot escape by breaking line of sight of the police for a time.

Six Stars flash for a while. Radio chatter can be heard about "bringing in the heavy artillery", declaring martial law and brining in the national guard. The stars disappear and a stamp effect stamps the area of the screen where the stars where with "DOMESTIC ENEMY OF THE STATE" in red: With this, the US Government declares martial law in the city, and send the National Guard after you, who will use all the expected military equipement and personnel to take you down.

When on foot, perimeters are set up using bullet-proof Mesa Grande with remote-controlled, automated machinegun turrets. Each Mesa Grande will have two soldiers who will remain in the safety inside, one supposedly at the automated turret controls. These turrets will continuously fire in your direction, even if you are in cover or indoors - this will suppress you, and the sound will really give you the impression that you're in a war. Mesa Grandes are also used to deliver four-man national guard tactical teams.

Military Buzzards will also be called in, firing their miniguns at you when you are in line of sight, and rockets if you aren't.

If you are barricaded, the four-man teams will raid you place. There is also a danger of the building being destroyed by continuous Buzzard rocket fire (since you aren't in line of sight indoors).

If you're in a vehicle, the only road units that spawn are road-blocks with Rhino tanks (the Buzzards will remain after you in the sky). The Rhinos will fire their cannons to destroy your vehicle, which is devastating combined with the Buzzard.

If you are on water, Military Gunboats will replace the Mesa Grandes on land in setting up a perimeter and firing on you, and delivering four-man tactical units.

COMING SOON - A PROFILE ON EACH OF THE UNITS IN LIGHT BLUE BOLD TEXT AND MORE DETAILS ON THE MECHANIC OF LAST KNOWN LOCATION.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users