Quantcast

» «
Photo

What would you think the true test of mankind is?

20 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I thought of this recently and thought of something, now I became interested in what other people think.

Here's what I think.

If everyone, literally everyone on Earth had their dream job/got to do what they're best at...

We'd either accomplish great things and would advance a millennium of our current advance rate in a few decades, dominate everything and eventually probably successfully expand into space.

Or we're gonna kill ourselves and die as a failed species.

Thoughts?

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 04 October 2013 - 02:14 PM.

-nvm-

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

mankind.jpg

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to the fact if we can just not kill ourselves for being a different race, religion, gender etc.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Everyone wants their dream job but there's the low jobs that have to be done to keep society circulating.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

"What would you think the true test of mankind is?"

To continue to exist...

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

the only real test for mankind is whether or not we can live together in peace.

war is bullsh*t. it accomplishes nothing but setback and regress and destruction.

if could put our EXTREMELY petty and minor differences aside, we could achieve INCREDIBLE things. we have so much technology and power and knowledge compared to just 100 years ago... but we're using it for self-centered bullsh*t that gets us nowhere.

if we could live in peace then we could actually find ways to clothe, shelter, and feed the worlds starving masses.

we could put 100% our money and time and resources towards real progress like cleaning the environment and exploring space.

unfortunately I'll be dead long before humanity figures it out....

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

#FREE ASH_735

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

unfortunately I'll be dead long before humanity figures it out....

If we ever figure it out. I hate to be a cynic but I think is just gonna be the same sh*t, just a different day until "the end".

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 04 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

I disagree with your take on it in terms of it being something that is realistic but agree on the prospect of it. The fact is that we as a society, in order to advance ourselves and keep or improve our general quality of life, we need people to do the jobs no one wants to do. Somebody has to clean the toilets, somebody has to work on the fields for 12 hours a day in the blazing sun, somebody has to pick up the garbage, somebody has to go and mine in dangerous places, etc. It's a sad fact of life. Fruit is affordable because we have immigrants being overworked and overpaid in the fields. You can afford your smartphones because of the borderline slave labor that companies pull from foreign nations. It's like communism: it's magnificent on paper, but in real life, it almost never works.

In my opinion, the test of humanity is the test of every parent to teach his/her kid right from wrong, to give them character, and to help them minimize both the physical/mental burden and the quantity of  people having to do things they're not happy with.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

mankind.jpg

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to the fact if we can just not kill ourselves for being a different race, religion, gender etc.

I do completely agree with you there. But the important thing that I have relised is that people almost never kill one another just because of these differences.

Even the most brainwashed will struggle to kill another person because of superficial differences like race or religion.

The reason we are killing each other over these seemingly pointless differences is that a significant proportion of humanity sadly have a clan mentality - TBH it is probably built into every one of us.

This mentality causes us to create factions based on these clans, and we use these clans to fight one another for perceived gain and domination.

Obviously whatever the winner gains is not equally (or even fairly) shared, and more often than not over-exaggerated.

If we overcome these superficial differences, we will likely divide ourselves using different parameters, and start butchering one another for other crap.

Sadly, I believe war will continue as long as humanity exists.

Everyone wants their dream job but there's the low jobs that have to be done to keep society circulating.

In places like Sweden where there is a very small salary range, there is no professional disparity, and their society is running pretty well.

Building caretakers kr23,000/month; Physiotherapists kr26,700/month.

Source.

People go into their jobs due to interest and ability, not the persuit of money. IMO that produces the best workers, and society as a whole.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

1. Pussy

2. Money

3. Weed

Any human endeavor that doesn't result in at least two of those is ultimately futile and not worth while. 

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

The ACT/SAT.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

I don't understand the question.

I thought life in general was the true test of mankind.  To be able to coincide amongst all the differences and sh*t like that.

We haven't killed everyone yet, so I guess we get a C so far.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

I believe our true test is to make a world that is peaceful and united. A world where all men, women, children, and everyone in between and otherwise different can life a long life of pleasure, freedom, safety, and happiness. We must also make our way into space and improve our tech, learn more about our world, and make peace with any other intelligent life-forms we may encounter, but also be ready to defend ourselves if need be. We wouldn't want to have another situation like what happened to most of the native Americans. I also believe that if we can manage to do this and open the door to common space exploration, then our time on earth will have been the first chapter in a very long book. We as a human species, no we as lifeforms must unite and work together to unite and create what some people would refer to as " heaven ". 

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Because the universe is chaotic, I don't think there is one ultimate purpose. Each living being creates it's own purpose. Man has always been about creation. We are like gods. As for society as a whole, working together to achieve our dreams is what's important. Survival I suppose

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

No Fap November.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

reading a whole thread in the gta V section without giving in to weeping

TEoS
  • TEoS

WE'RE BEING ATTAAAAAACKED!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

To reach out across the stars and dominate lesser species. An alien slave work force that will allow humanity to kick it's feet up and relax till the universe's inevitable heat death.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Super AIDS.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 12 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Like anything we accomplish matters. Goals and dreams, knowledge, space. It's all a subjective idea of wonder and wants. You seem to forget you're nothing more then a petty animal cowering with delusions of self purpose and inspiration. All you are is a decaying wad of meat clinging to life any way you can. War, peace, they are all meaningless and will both end our race. Let the weak live, let 'em die. Who cares, we all die. That's all life is, a short flicker of scared confusion and death.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

To understand women's mind.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members
  • None