Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Still hasn't worn off.

• kamikazeedriver likes this

Melissaveroza
  • Melissaveroza

Princess

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I will always have fond memories of Vice City and San Andreas, but for some reason this GTA doesn't have that magical effect...  :/

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

The magic officially wore off for me when I booted up online for the 1st time.  It really makes me sad to think that we're not going to see any awesome DLC besides content packs for Online.

Skyline_man
  • Skyline_man

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Nearly 50 hours of offline gameplay, and I still feel the magic. Haven't felt that since SA.

5Skinner
  • 5Skinner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Until the wife woke up.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

How long did it last for me?  102 hours and 31 minutes.  That is the final game time I had today when I completed The Last One.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

The game was all magic for me before i played it. As soon as I found out the dumass driving physics and other general dumbassery, the magic disappeared with a *pop*.

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by Don 'de Medici', 05 October 2013 - 06:58 AM.

For anyone who was too impatient with the launch to actually make it into their lvl 30-40s by now.

*(SPOILERS)*

4 of us firefight our way into repo a airlplane.

3 of us have to jump out over the landing strip to clear enemies.

Pilot lands once the ground units clear the area.

Genius R* epic f*cking missions in the later levels!

*EDIT*

REPLAY!

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Until now, for me.

Still haven't got myself into the map.

RdEydFcd
  • RdEydFcd

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:34 AM Edited by RdEydFcd, 05 October 2013 - 08:38 AM.

The magic wore off very quickly for me for the reason many don't seem to talk about: GTAV is to GTA what Scary Movie is to slasher flicks. One thing GTA has always done is create a world where the insane wasn't meant to feel out of place, much in the same way a movie series like Fast and Furious is cheesy, yet the world in which the movies exists is one the characters within that world take seriously.

GTAV was almost certainly written as a parody of the series itself. I firmly believe the Housers realized they couldn't rightly satirize pop culture while denying GTA's place in that culture, so GTAV became not only a satire of the series itself, but of the cult of personality that surrounds it. In this way, the satire in the game becomes incredibly sharp, mostly because gamers don't seem to realize we're on the receiving end of that satire.

Personally, it drew me right out of the game world when I realized everything about it ran on Scary Movie logic. I can't blame the Housers for going this route, and I do think it's actually fairly brilliant in theory, but in practice it felt like a single continuous joke that overstays its welcome early on. Still had a ton of fun in the game, though. Just not something I'll ever play through again.

• King Kapone likes this

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yeah it wore off when I beat the last mission. You can tell they planned it perfectly for online to come out 2 weeks later because if it came out at the same time I doubt 70% of people would play SP. But once online came out I havent played such a good game honestly. Just saw the tank battles and found the fighter jet yesterday plus the top fun mission and all were just f:ucking epic. I give it a month for that to wear off tho. Feels like christmas morning in a way i guess lol

mileafly
  • mileafly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think maybe some of you missunderstand what I mean by "magic", its understandable because its a vague term :p

I dont mean how long the game was awesome fun. I mean that feeling that is totally different from how you normally feel when playing a video game. You cant see all the "seams" and it really feels like stepping into another world or something. I guess it lasts until you can see the patterns again. It is just interesting that so few games actually have this feeling at all at any time. I can only think of Gta iv, red dead and Gta v. I think previous gta also  but I cant remember the feeling I had when playing them. 

mrgrimezHD
  • mrgrimezHD

If there's money to be earned, I'm all over it.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by mrgrimezHD, 05 October 2013 - 11:44 AM.

I can relate although I still find myself getting urges to jump online and see what random experience I'll encounter next.

Yesterday I was minding my own business up in Blaine County, it wasn't long before I noticed a player who was quite literally pinned down by two other people (Crew) and seeing how I'm the type of person to help however I can decided to get involved. Shortly after "cleaning up" the player who I stopped to help turned on me. Well played :lol:

At that EXACT time he scrubbed my face with a well placed shotgun blast someone placed a 10k bounty on him, then everything fell into place for me as if Karma herself was looking over my shoulder because I literally spawned behind him down the road. Nonetheless I managed to give the concrete a nice coat of red paint using his the contents of his head.

10k (Bounty) + 12k (Dropped Loot) = 22k in my pocket and all he got was a message saying WASTED and basically a fine for being greedy and copping the consequences. :miranda:

Gotta love the mentality of some people in this world, It's that what keeps me going back.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

To me the magic is still there.  It's such a beautiful game sometimes I get lost in it - it's so immersive! 

hali2776
  • hali2776

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

the magic lasted until online went live and it effed up my single player so my game is useless. its been a fun three weeks

Gronk87
  • Gronk87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Still going for me. I still have 25 story missions and a bunch of side stuff, and i'm just getting into Online, which is amazing btw. I don't see it fading til ps4 launch for me.

Gronk87
  • Gronk87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I can relate although I still find myself getting urges to jump online and see what random experience I'll encounter next.

Yesterday I was minding my own business up in Blaine County, it wasn't long before I noticed a player who was quite literally pinned down by two other people (Crew) and seeing how I'm the type of person to help however I can decided to get involved. Shortly after "cleaning up" the player who I stopped to help turned on me. Well played :lol:

At that EXACT time he scrubbed my face with a well placed shotgun blast someone placed a 10k bounty on him, then everything fell into place for me as if Karma herself was looking over my shoulder because I literally spawned behind him down the road. Nonetheless I managed to give the concrete a nice coat of red paint using his the contents of his head.

10k (Bounty) + 12k (Dropped Loot) = 22k in my pocket and all he got was a message saying WASTED and basically a fine for being greedy and copping the consequences. :miranda:

Gotta love the mentality of some people in this world, It's that what keeps me going back.

How the hell did you get 12k from dropped loot? Did they patch it so you actually get what they drop now? I was getting only a few hundred at first, haven't killed anyone outside of a job/dm since, so i wasn't sre

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 05 October 2013 - 02:04 PM.

LBP 2 yes i know.... is one of them games. That game that i know inside and out SO MUCH FUN!

And GTA V is actually one of them games. It's been so so much fun... WAIT it's still being so much fun! Most games i would have stopped and started but GTA V has just got me so damn hooked!

Also this is a really really cool topic you made!

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

To me the magic is still there.  It's such a beautiful game sometimes I get lost in it - it's so immersive! 

I'm with you.  It still hasn't worn off for me.

I see so many people here rush through the game and say it was 'meh.'  

The GTA games were never the sum of the main story.  All the depth of the game comes in the subtle nuances that give the game life.  

I spend some time playing the story, then I spend time exploring, robbing stores, trying to escape the cops in my newly armored custom car, playing tennis or golf, watching the sunset from the top of Mount Chiliad.  

These games aren't made just to run through the main story.  There's so much replay value because outside the story, you have this living city and outskirts that's you're own personal playground.  

I feel sorry for those who never felt the magic, let one gripe ruin the magic for them, or rushed through the story and now the magic is gone to them, yall've missed the point.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm with you.  It still hasn't worn off for me.

I see so many people here rush through the game and say it was 'meh.'  

The GTA games were never the sum of the main story.  All the depth of the game comes in the subtle nuances that give the game life.  

I spend some time playing the story, then I spend time exploring, robbing stores, trying to escape the cops in my newly armored custom car, playing tennis or golf, watching the sunset from the top of Mount Chiliad.  

These games aren't made just to run through the main story.  There's so much replay value because outside the story, you have this living city and outskirts that's you're own personal playground.  

I feel sorry for those who never felt the magic, let one gripe ruin the magic for them, or rushed through the story and now the magic is gone to them, yall've missed the point.

What you are describing is roleplaying. R* killed the roleplaying.

The magic is gooooooone.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

GTAV is to GTA what Scary Movie is to slasher flicks. 

Uh... no... just no.  GTAV is no different than GTASA.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yup. Except only 1/2 the content.

Magic gooooooone.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Magic gooooooone.

Just because it was in SA does not mean it was good.  The Chilian bike races were bad.  There were far too many races.  The working out aspect was dumb.  I love SA, but GTAV took the best of SA and put it in there.  Quality over quantity.

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Magic gooooooone.

Just because it was in SA does not mean it was good.  The Chilian bike races were bad.  There were far too many races.  The working out aspect was dumb.  I love SA, but GTAV took the best of SA and put it in there.  Quality over quantity.

Everything except have NPC's follow you around and do drive by's like CJ could.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I never had it with this game. Some of the mechanics are just so bad that they prevent you from immersing into the world.

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by chilleverest, 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Once I grew up things dont exactly have the same effect on me. Gta Vice City and San Andreas had a special place in my heart because i was young when i got those games. I havent felt special by a video game in years, much like holiday season.

same here, and also how the gaming industry changed, back in the san andreas days, it was all about delivery, no dlcs no patches, now , we get a half slashed game with contents reserved for dlc and multiplayer. For instance the radios in gta v, you hear the same song over and over again., pretty sure is slashed for the dlc, and if you compare with the contents San andreas or vicecity delivered (for its time, as a story and in game conten)t, it will always be the greatest. 

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I feel you OP, this game has kept me up way too late every night since online release, in particular i roll with active social crews(LSMC) and im having a blast so i dont feel it fading for me anytime soon. i await to see what the future holds as technology gets better and better rockstar imo is really good at creating this virtual world we play in and i see that taking them far i can see the potential.

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

I've played through twice, now I'm bored stiff. Thought this game would have more shelf life honestly, but what's left after beating the game and assassination missions is truly dull. I found myself just getting in gun battles out of boredom to see if I could find a location where I had enough protection to take on buku cops (back of the hangar is great at the major airport, they can't get you). Want to wipe out gangs in free roam, but the cops seem to take offense and come after you big time. Or in cases where you help them when they're taking down bad guys they turn on you.

Ready to set this game aside already until online is smooth or SP DLC releases. Rather disappointed to be honest, expected more run outa this one.

I'm done.. And had it since release. Trying to decide if I should trade it to amazon for $30 credit or not.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

I really like the game and all that it has. Its a living world, which I appreciate greatly cuz its what I always wanted. But at the same time it lacks life in certain aspects, like gang life, the ability to help the police or be one.
There is gang life but not enough if it, one baller neighborhood, some Asian gang (I think) and 2 small locations with only a hand full of Lost bikers in the north.
After watching a few vids of GTA online, I would be happy if they would bring over some of the missions and Contacts from online to so.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

Definitely got the same feeling the TC had. I think it started to wear off when I realized how short the main story is. I was really starting to enjoy the lives of the three GTA V characters but before I even knew it it was over (this is after 40+ hours but still felt like it flew by).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users