Photo

GTA Online has a terrible community so far

243 replies to this topic
Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where players complain about killing or being killed in a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. Are you all serious? People too worried about saving their poxy money to buy pointless apartments, just have fun and kill people back, you never know you might actually have fun. I don't personally set out to hunt people down and kill them, but if I get close to someone I'll usually have a go, as 9 times out of 10 they'll only try to get you first anyway. I end up having more fun getting a mini-battle going against some random guy than holding up the same stores 100 times or whatever, and you can always 'escape' and join a race/deathmatch or whatever you like.

Exactly it's Embarassing.
Can definitely tell the people complaining are complete VICTIMS and got bullied at school
lmfao don't know much about psychology do ya kid?

1. Victims of bullies at school are FAR more likely to turn into bullies themselves.
2. People who genuinely feel good about themselves don't need to validate their existence with a pseudo life in which they can be 'dominant'
3. Players with genuine skill or desire to attain skill will be found in organised/arranged deathmatches where opponents are prepared for the fact that someone is gonna be shooting at them, there's NO skil involved in following someone into a clothes shop and killing them while they're in a menu.
4. People aren't complaining about being killed in a deathmatch or similar, they're complainin cos no-life wannabes with wannabe gangsta complex who lack the game skill to do well in DM, and the social skills to actually make friends are validating themselves with the cheap 'thrill' of killing someone busy doing something else.
5. Only a complete f*ckin retard would think the typical griefing behaviours actually make them someone to be reckoned with or feared. It makes you a pain in the arse, nothing more.

Can tell your a victim. Length of your post look how worked up you get. Hole point of online is to play with people if you don't like it go player single player ya fool.

Atop saying wannabe gangsters? Real gangsters don't play gta anyway an Ofc. It's a game rock star can only go so far with connecting people in the game to have a different character if you don't connect Gtfo and accept it.

When did I ever say you should fear me? I said your embarassing yourself and need to grow balls and get to the real world.
Everybody finding a reason to cry and hate.. sh*t at least your playin and your sh*t int diss appearing.

You obviously have such great social skills, mr. Solo player hahaha

Yeah whatever and people who were victims at school are far more likely to avoid contact with others and want to play alone.

I hope I addressed all your points. Sincerely the guy in the fighter jet waiting for you.

LMFAO Your reply is almost as long as his; what does that say about you dipsh*t

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Why would you play GTA:O if you are tired of getting killed? I mean its part of the game. Got hit on several times yesterday evening (im live in germany) but i didnt care. I finished my mission and went after all of them until they left. Its a game not real life you can always choose to just turn it off.

This it's like crying some one killed you on cod

Not really. GTAO isn't just about shooting from the hip, camping and firing n00b tubes like CoD is. 2 completely different gaming genres that cannot be compared.

• Draconiashadow likes this

HANK3Y-PANK3Y
  • HANK3Y-PANK3Y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

The problem isn't random killing in the game, it's the people who do it. Cocky douche canoes who think they are top sh*t because they killed someone is a video game. Congrats bro, put it on your next job resume.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

When I go online with my crew that city's mine. anyone comes in to it they get taken out, then they have two options GTFO or step up n bring there crew n fight it out

don't like it play invite only

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme
Too right don't want to fight leave :)

Nah you're good, you keep that Los Santos. I have millions of others to visit. ;)

At least you understand you don't have to stay in the same session

Absolutely.  :^:

I'm quite happy to leave a session if I'm uncomfortable with the players. If I feel some of the players are acting too aggressive I just leave. It's quicker to leave and join another game, than hang around and be killed over and over again and then cry about it.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

The problem isn't random killing in the game, it's the people who do it. Cocky douche canoes who think they are top sh*t because they killed someone is a video game. Congrats bro, put it on your next job resume.

I don't like it, People are in a gang killing other people in a game called GTA where the premise of the game is killing and robing waaaaahhhaaaaaa

Go play barbie princess no one dies there and your guarantied to live happily ever after

ToMaToSaFlaMe
  • ToMaToSaFlaMe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

JESUS CHRIST ! ALL OF HAVE TO SAY IN THIS WHOLE THING IS, LIAMMOZZ LEARN TO WRITE , PROOF READ , AND STOP USING EBONICS ! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP ARGUING LIKE A DAMN A KID. NOW APPARENTLY YOU HAVE A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH WHICH YOUR ARGUMENT SUGGEST. SO LET ME PUT IT LIKE THIS "DAMN NIGGA YOU STUPID" . MAYBE YOU CAN BE MORE SUCCESSFUL IN WRITING BY USING THIS https://www.hookedonphonics.com/ . :-)

As for the terrible community man its hit or miss to be honest pending the server.  I've made friends playing on several servers ,but on the same token I was playing in a server last night and you could say that the wanna be thugs on the mic were trying to kill me. More than likely because I was by myself . They were unsuccessful because I just kept killing them instead when they first tried attacking me . Whether they tried to run me over or just try to take charge at me with their gun. These "thugs" had no luck.  Funny thing is when you kill someone they spawn around you ,so I would just run to them if they were close and kill them before they would get a chance to retaliate. Obviously this starts a never ending , expensive war.They ended up kicking me because they were losing too much money for starting a sh*tty war. Let's talk about Rage Kick LMAO .

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Why would you play GTA:O if you are tired of getting killed? I mean its part of the game. Got hit on several times yesterday evening (im live in germany) but i didnt care. I finished my mission and went after all of them until they left. Its a game not real life you can always choose to just turn it off.

This it's like crying some one killed you on cod

Not really. GTAO isn't just about shooting from the hip, camping and firing n00b tubes like CoD is. 2 completely different gaming genres that cannot be compared.

No your right GTA:O is about getting a crew together and shooting from the hip in free roam

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by liammozz, 04 October 2013 - 09:43 AM.

JESUS CHRIST ! ALL OF HAVE TO SAY IN THIS WHOLE THING IS, LIAMMOZZ LEARN TO WRITE , PROOF READ , AND STOP USING EBONICS ! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP ARGUING LIKE A DAMN A KID. NOW APPARENTLY YOU HAVE A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH WHICH YOUR ARGUMENT SUGGEST. SO LET ME PUT IT LIKE THIS "DAMN NIGGA YOU STUPID" . MAYBE YOU CAN BE MORE SUCCESSFUL IN WRITING BY USING THIS https://www.hookedonphonics.com/ . :-)

U mad bro

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

RDR was the best experience ive had with R* games, the multiplayer had its annoyances every now and then but they had it all set and figured out, character skins, stealth, clans actually played a huge part in the game, and much more, gta just didn't live up to my expectations, and all it is is people driving around robbing stores, and shooting each other and eventually doing a mission..

im not saying gta should have been the next RDR but why not bring some of the things that made the game amazing and merge it with the gta franchise.. it would have made the online much more satisfying imo/

• tom_p1980 likes this

ToMaToSaFlaMe
  • ToMaToSaFlaMe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

U mad bro

You* not "U" ..... Check the website out "bro". As the commercials suggest it should help you. You know what it probably won't. I'll just say this so you can comprehend better ... Nigga you stupid ! :-)

Here is the website once more :

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

U mad bro

You* not "U" ..... Check the website out "bro". As the commercials suggest it should help you. You know what it probably won't. I'll just say this so you can comprehend better ... Nigga you stupid ! :-)

Here is the website once more :

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Nah bro dnt clik lnkz frm peepz a dnt no

eNARV
  • eNARV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Play in a solo session then you idiot

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

OP, you obviously haven't played in a session with me. I'm PSN message if you would like to play. :)

BigRob521
  • BigRob521

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by BigRob521, 04 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

I don't understand what people are complaining about so much with the community, though I'm in the 360 so I can't say what's maybe going over on the PSN side. Been playing since Wednesday at about 4 PM (it's now 6 AM Friday) and I've only ran into one complete asshole when I've been on crowded lobbies.

I was in passive mode and sitting still for a second and some guy insisted on running me over as much as he could to kill me.

My only complaint is that you shouldn't take vehicular damage from other players when in passive mode, if an NPC runs you over that's your fault.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Simple solution they add health insurance so that you may file a claim and get your money back

They have car insurance why not health?

If not give an automatic 3 star if you kill a passive player on foot or something.

satanicaleviathan
  • satanicaleviathan

silencer

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Gonna be great when they all get delegated to the Dunces area and we get the inevitable influx of noobs on our servers  :evilgrin:

this^

HANK3Y-PANK3Y
  • HANK3Y-PANK3Y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't like it, People are in a gang killing other people in a game called GTA where the premise of the game is killing and robing waaaaahhhaaaaaa

Go play barbie princess no one dies there and your guarantied to live happily ever after

You are the ideal example of what I am talking about. Did you clearly read what i said? I have no problem with killing other players for fun and having shootouts. Its the fact that people will sit there and talk sh*t over a video game. It really shows the immaturity level of the individual. I find it hilarious that people think that making fun of someone over the INTERNET will hurt one's feelings. Not one bit. 

BigRob521
  • BigRob521

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

You are the ideal example of what I am talking about. Did you clearly read what i said? I have no problem with killing other players for fun and having shootouts. Its the fact that people will sit there and talk sh*t over a video game. It really shows the immaturity level of the individual. I find it hilarious that people think that making fun of someone over the INTERNET will hurt one's feelings. Not one bit. 

People will sit and talk sh*t over anything. If two competitive people are left on the Earth, it could quite literally and would eventually turn into a dick waving contest.

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Some random invited me to a mission last night where we had to hunt down and return two cars driving around the city. I got mine and returned it. The random sat in some carpark in his car and the mission wouldn't progress. The target vehicle just drove around until I collected and returned it. Mission over. The problem there was that this random got exactly the same reward as me and did nothing for it. Lesson learned though. Friends only for missions.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

This is old news faith in humanity is lost death brings a fulfillment of happiness across the world.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 04 October 2013 - 10:54 AM.

The thing I hated about GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption is they both had terrible communities unless you met some nice folks on forums or already had friends before playing. Basically every session I have ever joined has been non-stop killing, and I fall short as one of the victims. Rockstar Failed with passive mode as I thought they would as players can still kill you by blowing you up and running you over not to mention you lose $2000 every time they do kill you. So you know what I've been doing? Private matches. Yeah, just me and my friends not losing money or worrying about trust issues. Player rep doesnt even help. Basically everyones a bad sport. I even did a mission with some folks and after it was over they all started killing eachother. I would've loved a better MMO approach with larger player counts in more friendlier, social-type dedicated servers. But for me at least, my imperssion on the GTAO community is terrible, I can't trust anyone, I dont even wanna risk making friends besides the ones I already have. I wonder what others think of the people they've met. So what's your impression on the community?

I actually think RDR had one of the best communities of all time.

I loved all the weird things people were doing in RDR online

like everyone in a server meeting up at the saloon to have a fistfight (no guns allowed), or river rafting on the wagons and stuff like that.

The majority on RDR seemed to have headsets to (I only ran into a few on GTA 5 who were using headsets, and imo it's a lot more fun when you can coordinate attacks with your team over the headset)

Everyone on RDR wasn't out to get everyone else like they are in GTA either (People would actually work together a lot of times. It wasn't unsual to see an entire server team up to help someone who was getting griefed by a random posse)

In the first days, RDR was the same moron infested cesspool...just saying.

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

The thing I hated about GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption is they both had terrible communities unless you met some nice folks on forums or already had friends before playing. Basically every session I have ever joined has been non-stop killing, and I fall short as one of the victims. Rockstar Failed with passive mode as I thought they would as players can still kill you by blowing you up and running you over not to mention you lose $2000 every time they do kill you. So you know what I've been doing? Private matches. Yeah, just me and my friends not losing money or worrying about trust issues. Player rep doesnt even help. Basically everyones a bad sport. I even did a mission with some folks and after it was over they all started killing eachother. I would've loved a better MMO approach with larger player counts in more friendlier, social-type dedicated servers. But for me at least, my imperssion on the GTAO community is terrible, I can't trust anyone, I dont even wanna risk making friends besides the ones I already have. I wonder what others think of the people they've met. So what's your impression on the community?

I actually think RDR had one of the best communities of all time.

I loved all the weird things people were doing in RDR online

like everyone in a server meeting up at the saloon to have a fistfight (no guns allowed), or river rafting on the wagons and stuff like that.

The majority on RDR seemed to have headsets to (I only ran into a few on GTA 5 who were using headsets, and imo it's a lot more fun when you can coordinate attacks with your team over the headset)

Everyone on RDR wasn't out to get everyone else like they are in GTA either (People would actually work together a lot of times. It wasn't unsual to see an entire server team up to help someone who was getting griefed by a random posse)

In the first days, RDR was the same moron infested cesspit...just saying.

if this is true then I hope that gta 5 follows the same routine, because eventually it will be epic.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Most people I've met are pretty chill tbh. Yeah, you get the odd griefer but it's kinda fun to kill them and then see them come back and try and kill you. Happened to me just now, I saw him coming and pulled out my SMG (assumed he was coming to kill me), I dunno if he was just heading to the strip club but then saw me with my gun and decided to run me over before I could shoot him. That's the thing about GTA, people tend to be jumpy around strangers. I got him back and he returned the favour so I put a bounty on him. :p

5Skinner
  • 5Skinner

Player Hater

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

It doesn't bother me if people try to kill me, some people should learn to defend themselves.

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

One thing I'm doing right now since I'm only lvl 11, is spending as much cash as I can on things like weapons and clothing and car stuff. I can use the bullets but the rest of the stuff I get to keep. I got sick of seeing 1000 or more dollars down the drain when I started racking up money. Now the hospital bills are cheap because I keep my bank account as low as possible.

For me, this makes free roam more enjoyable. I only loose 100 or so here and there. No biggie. 

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

What are you doing with 2000 on you? Deposit that sh*t that's on you. 

Anyway sure there are d*cks got killed a bunch of times and the peds putting 7k bounties on my head doesn't help, but acting fast fire back or driving away fast helps.  

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

I saw the great community almost instantly. I took my first car to get a tracker on it and was killed the second I pulled out of the shop. Guy was actually sitting there waiting to pop whoever came out.

It turned out well. I followed him after my 1st death cutscene and ran him over :evilgrin: . Then I turned on passive mode :lol:

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 04 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

if this is true then I hope that gta 5 follows the same routine, because eventually it will be epic.

Once the initial rush ends, some will just move on. From the remaining ones, some will get bored of getting griefed back. Eventually, all the ADHD idiots will migrate to the next "big thing" and the game will have settled into whatever it will settle into. I hope it`ll have less morons in free-roam and go towards more co-op than "kill thy neighbor".

One can only hope...

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

It doesn't bother me if people try to kill me, some people should learn to defend themselves.

tumblr_m04wfzAsMH1qc1jg4o1_500.gif

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

I play invite only.

Hehehe, don't have to deal with this bullsh*t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users