Photo

GTA Online has a terrible community so far

243 replies to this topic
liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

When I go online with my crew that city's mine. anyone comes in to it they get taken out, then they have two options GTFO or step up n bring there crew n fight it out

don't like it play invite only

Oh look, a virtual badass

Nope it's a game called GTA based on gangs the city is my turf and am going to keep it my turf, it's called playing the game

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where players complain about killing or being killed in a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. Are you all serious? People too worried about saving their poxy money to buy pointless apartments, just have fun and kill people back, you never know you might actually have fun. I don't personally set out to hunt people down and kill them, but if I get close to someone I'll usually have a go, as 9 times out of 10 they'll only try to get you first anyway. I end up having more fun getting a mini-battle going against some random guy than holding up the same stores 100 times or whatever, and you can always 'escape' and join a race/deathmatch or whatever you like.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

When I go online with my crew that city's mine. anyone comes in to it they get taken out, then they have two options GTFO or step up n bring there crew n fight it out

Nope it's a game called GTA based on gangs the city is my turf and am going to keep it my turf, it's called playing the game

That orignal post was extremely cringeworthy, to be honest.

bruisedeye
  • bruisedeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where players complain about killing or being killed in a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. Are you all serious? People too worried about saving their poxy money to buy pointless apartments, just have fun and kill people back, you never know you might actually have fun. I don't personally set out to hunt people down and kill them, but if I get close to someone I'll usually have a go, as 9 times out of 10 they'll only try to get you first anyway. I end up having more fun getting a mini-battle going against some random guy than holding up the same stores 100 times or whatever, and you can always 'escape' and join a race/deathmatch or whatever you like.

Exactly it's Embarassing.

Can definitely tell the people complaining are complete VICTIMS and got bullied at school

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

That orignal post was extremely cringeworthy, to be honest.

Yeah think I have been playing to much, gangbanger mode was still on lol

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Things n' stuff

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Personally I'm tired of random dickheads placing bounties on my head for no good reason, it just makes free roaming impossible

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Can definitely tell the people complaining are complete VICTIMS and got bullied at school

lmfao don't know much about psychology do ya kid?

1. Victims of bullies at school are FAR more likely to turn into bullies themselves.

2. People who genuinely feel good about themselves don't need to validate their existence with a pseudo life in which they can be 'dominant'

3. Players with genuine skill or desire to attain skill will be found in organised/arranged deathmatches where opponents are prepared for the fact that someone is gonna be shooting at them, there's NO skil involved in following someone into a clothes shop and killing them while they're in a menu.

4. People aren't complaining about being killed in a deathmatch or similar, they're complainin cos no-life wannabes with wannabe gangsta complex who lack the game skill to do well in DM, and the social skills to actually make friends are validating themselves with the cheap 'thrill' of killing someone busy doing something else.

5. Only a complete f*ckin retard would think the typical griefing behaviours actually make them someone to be reckoned with or feared. It makes you a pain in the arse, nothing more.

• vwnut13, JimmyDaMoney, D-Rey86 and 1 other like this

bruisedeye
  • bruisedeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

1. Victims of bullies at school are FAR more likely to turn into bullies themselves.
2. People who genuinely feel good about themselves don't need to validate their existence with a pseudo life in which they can be 'dominant'
3. Players with genuine skill or desire to attain skill will be found in organised/arranged deathmatches where opponents are prepared for the fact that someone is gonna be shooting at them, there's NO skil involved in following someone into a clothes shop and killing them while they're in a menu.
4. People aren't complaining about being killed in a deathmatch or similar, they're complainin cos no-life wannabes with wannabe gangsta complex who lack the game skill to do well in DM, and the social skills to actually make friends are validating themselves with the cheap 'thrill' of killing someone busy doing something else.
5. Only a complete f*ckin retard would think the typical griefing behaviours actually make them someone to be reckoned with or feared. It makes you a pain in the arse, nothing more.

Can tell your a victim. Length of your post look how worked up you get. Hole point of online is to play with people if you don't like it go player single player ya fool.

Atop saying wannabe gangsters? Real gangsters don't play gta anyway an Ofc. It's a game rock star can only go so far with connecting people in the game to have a different character if you don't connect Gtfo and accept it.

When did I ever say you should fear me? I said your embarassing yourself and need to grow balls and get to the real world.
Everybody finding a reason to cry and hate.. sh*t at least your playin and your sh*t int diss appearing.

You obviously have such great social skills, mr. Solo player hahaha

Yeah whatever and people who were victims at school are far more likely to avoid contact with others and want to play alone.

I hope I addressed all your points. Sincerely the guy in the fighter jet waiting for you.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

I dunno, when im playing GTAO, im expecting a co-op gameplay in robbing stores and doing jobs. Killing other people with no reason and boasting about it aint my cup of tea

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by liammozz, 04 October 2013 - 08:46 AM.

So I am a no lifer because I chose to lockdown a city with my crew until a crew comes in who will actually try take us on then we have a 2-3 hour battle with them

Rather than hold hands with everyone skipping down los santos boulevard puking rainbows and sh*ting Daisy's while singing happy happy f*cking joy joy

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

most people are narrow minded and can only see a big death match in GTAO. But they fail to see all other possibilities. Pretty sad indeed.

• Draconiashadow likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Every single console communities and most pc communities are flooded by children, thats why.
  • braincell likes this

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Can tell your a victim. Length of your post look how worked up you get. Hole point of online is to play with people if you don't like it go player single player ya fool.

Atop saying wannabe gangsters? Real gangsters don't play gta anyway an Ofc. It's a game rock star can only go so far with connecting people in the game to have a different character if you don't connect Gtfo and accept it.

When did I ever say you should fear me? I said your embarassing yourself and need to grow balls and get to the real world.
Everybody finding a reason to cry and hate.. sh*t at least your playin and your sh*t int diss appearing.

Yeah whatever and people who were victims at school are far more likely to avoid contact with others and want to play alone.

I hope I addressed all your points. Sincerely the guy in the fighter jet waiting for you.

By your logic you must be a victim too, as they seem pretty equal in legnth. Grtaz on finding a new ay to determine victimhood.

You have two different statements saying it isn't real life, and it is real life. Make your mind up?

I didnt quote you saying 'I shuld fear you', it represented the points fools like you try and make.

I don't play solo. Ever. Never indicated that I did, I've got a full friends list, always have had, always will have.

'Whatever' = I don't have a f*ckin argument worth sh*t, feel free to keep using it.

You can hope you addressed my points all you want, you didn't address a single one.

I quake at the veiled threat of 'th eguy in the fighter jet'. Soooo scary.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

The thing I hated about GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption is they both had terrible communities unless you met some nice folks on forums or already had friends before playing. Basically every session I have ever joined has been non-stop killing, and I fall short as one of the victims. Rockstar Failed with passive mode as I thought they would as players can still kill you by blowing you up and running you over not to mention you lose $2000 every time they do kill you. So you know what I've been doing? Private matches. Yeah, just me and my friends not losing money or worrying about trust issues. Player rep doesnt even help. Basically everyones a bad sport. I even did a mission with some folks and after it was over they all started killing eachother. I would've loved a better MMO approach with larger player counts in more friendlier, social-type dedicated servers. But for me at least, my imperssion on the GTAO community is terrible, I can't trust anyone, I dont even wanna risk making friends besides the ones I already have. I wonder what others think of the people they've met. So what's your impression on the community?

The community in RDR were actually pretty good in my experience. I used to still to friendly free-roam most of the time though so maybe thats why. lol

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Take a look at this forum to see what GTAs playerbase is consisting of.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

So I am a no lifer because I chose to lockdown a city with my crew until a crew comes in who will actually try take us on then we have a 2-3 hour battle with them

Rather than hold hands with everyone skipping down los santos boulevard puking rainbows and sh*ting Daisy's while singing happy happy f*cking joy joy

Nope. Not at all.

If that is actually what you do. If however your crew also locks down unequal crews or people on their own, that's a different story.

Your last part is a typical Strawman argument, and as such typically asinine. If you seriously can't tell the difference between having a challenging EQUALL setting like a deathmatch and gangbanging any lone f*cker who wanders into a lobby you're as moronic as your post suggests

umbaru
  • umbaru

Crew Leader

• Members

I suggest joining and playing with a crew, in private games or with them in open games. It isn't likely a rogue player killer is going to come after a group of 3+ and if he does then you can make him regret it. If you need a crew to join you can always check mine out, there's a link in my signature.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Too right don't want to fight leave :)

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Nope. Not at all.

If that is actually what you do. If however your crew also locks down unequal crews or people on their own, that's a different story.

Your last part is a typical Strawman argument, and as such typically asinine. If you seriously can't tell the difference between having a challenging EQUALL setting like a deathmatch and gangbanging any lone f*cker who wanders into a lobby you're as moronic as your post suggests

There's 5 of us so far so we won't out number other players yet, that being said we go after anyone and everyone

HANK3Y-PANK3Y
  • HANK3Y-PANK3Y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

I agree completely with this, I played with random people the first morning of the game and it was fine. Grinded and bought an apartment. Next day i get on, the second I walk out of my apartment, I was instantly RDMed, Still in the transition screen for gods sake. Most of the times it's little kids at least under the age of 14. It literally ruins the online. This is why I've been playing private games with friends and that is it. 

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

I had a good time playing yesterday. The game was full for the 4 hours I was online and everyone left each other alone. A few people teamed up to rob stores but no-one tried to kill me. At one point I was in a 4 star police chase and I noticed two other players coming towards me, I expected them to wait for me to die or kill me and take my look but they surprised me. The stopped their car jumped out and started shooting the police, we killed every cop on screen and went our seperate ways and all escaped.

I also had a about 8 or 9 missions and races with other players that were great fun. In the end was level 10 and had $40,000.

This morning i have played for an hour and been killed endlessly by the same 2 players wearing pig masks and suits and I have no money left.

I tried inviting players to races and jobs but no-one is interested.

I'm thinking of starting again and finding a crew to play with this time.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

There's 5 of us so far so we won't out number other players yet, that being said we go after anyone and everyone

Here's an equivelent to see if you can get my point...

I used to do karate competitively. Once we're face to face it's compettion time, win or lose I would enjoy it, but obviously enjoy it more hwen I won.

How much 'fun' would it be to have someone punch my kidneys while i was getting changed?

As to the gameplay mechanics here, battling for 2 or 3 hours seems pointless in the extreme. How much is lost in hospital fees? How do you make that money back? How much fun would it be if every time you went into a menu to take on jobs to make that money back some clown killed you?

What is so difficult about choosing deathmatches if deathmatch is what you want to play? You'll earn money instead of constantly losing it, and there's a score to show who performed best, how th ef*ck do you keep score battling a couple of hours in free roam?

• niq and rex84 like this

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

To avoid the dicks.

1. Join a crew

2. Never go into a public free roam server.

3. When you start the game, from Single Player, press start.  Go to 'Online', select 'Play GTA Online' choose how you want to play 'invite only', 'solo', 'crew only', 'friends only'

4. When in one of the above servers you can still search for a job (i.e. mission / deathmatch etc).  When that has finished you either stay with those folks and play another mission or if you come out, you get returned to the server you started in.

I'm lvl 12 with 110k in the bank, rarely die and play the missions I want...  Loving it.

Funny thing is, someone stuck a bounty on me yesterday, I don't play in public free-roam so I will collect the bounty and the cheevo.

People just driving round free-roam is pointless imo, it'll take forever to level up and surely becomes boring as fook...?  Just personal opinion but it's GTA, do what you want, that's the point.

• rex84 likes this

D-Rey86
  • D-Rey86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Ignorant lol

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by liammozz, 04 October 2013 - 09:18 AM.

Who cares about hospital fees and cash it can be made back easy

You can see us coming there's a map with a dot coming towards you

As for death matches they end in free roam the city stays

If you don't like it change session or do invite only no one is asking you to stay in the session

Homeboy1910
  • Homeboy1910

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Why would you play GTA:O if you are tired of getting killed? I mean its part of the game. Got hit on several times yesterday evening (im live in germany) but i didnt care. I finished my mission and went after all of them until they left. Its a game not real life you can always choose to just turn it off.

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Why would you play GTA:O if you are tired of getting killed? I mean its part of the game. Got hit on several times yesterday evening (im live in germany) but i didnt care. I finished my mission and went after all of them until they left. Its a game not real life you can always choose to just turn it off.

This it's like crying some one killed you on cod

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Nah you're good, you keep that Los Santos. I have millions of others to visit. ;)

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Nah you're good, you keep that Los Santos. I have millions of others to visit. ;)

At least you understand you don't have to stay in the same session

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users