Photo

GTA Online has a terrible community so far

243 replies to this topic
DSX714
  • DSX714

Kirito

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

The thing I hated about GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption is they both had terrible communities unless you met some nice folks on forums or already had friends before playing. Basically every session I have ever joined has been non-stop killing, and I fall short as one of the victims. Rockstar Failed with passive mode as I thought they would as players can still kill you by blowing you up and running you over not to mention you lose $2000 every time they do kill you. So you know what I've been doing? Private matches. Yeah, just me and my friends not losing money or worrying about trust issues. Player rep doesnt even help. Basically everyones a bad sport. I even did a mission with some folks and after it was over they all started killing eachother. I would've loved a better MMO approach with larger player counts in more friendlier, social-type dedicated servers. But for me at least, my imperssion on the GTAO community is terrible, I can't trust anyone, I dont even wanna risk making friends besides the ones I already have. I wonder what others think of the people they've met. So what's your impression on the community?

• CoachDub25, Shadow__Hazard and gunslinginkitty like this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

I know, right? It's almost like people killing each other is part of the game or something.

• ahatius, TheGentleman, MrBlackwell and 2 others like this

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

I cannot connect online. But, can you avoid all this "player killing player" if you went solo?

Just curious..

DSX714
  • DSX714

Kirito

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

I cannot connect online. But, can you avoid all this "player killing player" if you went solo?

Just curious..

Solo playing isnt recommended until you have the right equipment which comes in close to level 20 and above, I know that the simeon jobs are alot easier than Gerald since Gerald is more about open conflict than stealing cars. I probably wont start soloing till I have a sniper rifle to avoid as much conflict as possible, sticky bombs would also be a big help.

• Courtesy Flush George likes this

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Just curious..

Solo playing isnt recommended until you have the right equipment which comes in close to level 20 and above, I know that the simeon jobs are alot easier than Gerald since Gerald is more about open conflict than stealing cars. I probably wont start soloing till I have a sniper rifle to avoid as much conflict as possible, sticky bombs would also be a big help.

Okay, that makes logical sense. Thanks.

kray-zie
  • kray-zie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

So far only one guy killed me for no reason. I actually helped get the cops off his ass too.

Lol yea what a douchebag.

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:04 AM Edited by hadrianswall, 04 October 2013 - 07:04 AM.

its not an open world lobby for chatting , im there to kill you and be a pain in the ass .

• TheGentleman likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

A lesson myself and my roomate learned quickly is to avoid playing alone if possible. It really is a multiplayer based around playing with your friends.

If you often play alone, like myself, then do your best to just avoid people. Sometimes it impossible, but for the most part I havent encountered players who will harass me when I dont give them any response after they attack me or what not. 

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Always play with friends.

Keep in mind, you are playing a GRAND THEFT AUTO game. The people that play these games, when they get bored, run around and killing NPCs. You're a live person and you have a tolerance level for annoyance - meaning you are all the more fun to kill because you can and you will get annoyed.

Don't get me wrong - I only kill people who get within range of me; the only time I hunt down people are 1.) with bounties over $2000 and 2.) if they killed someone in my crew.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Its the stupid f*cking COD players..

• JamieVic, wardy94 and Omnicr0n like this

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Basically every session I have ever joined has been non-stop killing, and I fall short as one of the victims. 

That's why your not having fun or feeling bitter. Not to be a dick but you're dying a whole lot which is kinda like playing a game you lose at all the time it's just not fun for you. I suck at FPS games I go like 0-15 in any shooting game so I don't like them and don't own any and never have so I can sit around and talk about how terrible they are all day. But I have been winning almost all races/ DM's I've been in and haven't been killed barely any in freeroam thanks to my crew so It's fun sh*t to me dude. I don't mind the community you might find some real cool f*ckin people.

• Amuso likes this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

The whole reason I prefer playing with my buddies.

Between some of the people I observe in the Forums and the numerous undesirables I've come across in GTA IV MP, I've basically ruled that the best way to play is either by doing Solo Sessions or in private sessions with friends.  People can be assholes at any given time, and the best combatant to that is to avoid them whenever possible.  Once I'm a higher level, I may branch out and join the general populous, but for now I'm going to keep low-key with my friends and crews.

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

The thing I hated about GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption is they both had terrible communities unless you met some nice folks on forums or already had friends before playing. Basically every session I have ever joined has been non-stop killing, and I fall short as one of the victims. Rockstar Failed with passive mode as I thought they would as players can still kill you by blowing you up and running you over not to mention you lose $2000 every time they do kill you. So you know what I've been doing? Private matches. Yeah, just me and my friends not losing money or worrying about trust issues. Player rep doesnt even help. Basically everyones a bad sport. I even did a mission with some folks and after it was over they all started killing eachother. I would've loved a better MMO approach with larger player counts in more friendlier, social-type dedicated servers. But for me at least, my imperssion on the GTAO community is terrible, I can't trust anyone, I dont even wanna risk making friends besides the ones I already have. I wonder what others think of the people they've met. So what's your impression on the community?

I actually think RDR had one of the best communities of all time.

I loved all the weird things people were doing in RDR online

like everyone in a server meeting up at the saloon to have a fistfight (no guns allowed), or river rafting on the wagons and stuff like that.

The majority on RDR seemed to have headsets to (I only ran into a few on GTA 5 who were using headsets, and imo it's a lot more fun when you can coordinate attacks with your team over the headset)

Everyone on RDR wasn't out to get everyone else like they are in GTA either (People would actually work together a lot of times. It wasn't unsual to see an entire server team up to help someone who was getting griefed by a random posse)

D-Rey86
  • D-Rey86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

As you can see from the forums, it does have a bad community. Ya its fun to kill people. But when I'm trying to rob a store and someone blocks the door with a car so I can't get out. Or if I'm simply trying to buy clothes and the other person in there go from buying clothes to killing you for no reason. The horrible community is going to ruin this game.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Killing on a GTA game? Well I'm shocked and appalled.

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

f*cking get some friends of your own and kill them back. Stop bitching about this, its a fun part of the game. Stop being a loner virgin with no friends you ugly motherf*cker and have fun with your friends. How can you enjoy playing solo?

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Gonna be great when they all get delegated to the Dunces area and we get the inevitable influx of noobs on our servers  :evilgrin:

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

http://www.gamespot....omorrow-6415311

maybe this will help^^^

D-Rey86
  • D-Rey86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

f*cking get some friends of your own and kill them back. Stop bitching about this, its a fun part of the game. Stop being a loner virgin with no friends you ugly motherf*cker and have fun with your friends. How can you enjoy playing solo?

And this guy is showing how bad this community is lol.

midniteryu
  • midniteryu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by midniteryu, 04 October 2013 - 07:43 AM.

I understand how you feel. On day one of GTAO the community seemed to be taken a Don't fire unless fired on approach, but now I join sessions and its a blood bath at times, I've also noticed players setting bounties on each other and as you get higher in the ranks you also get random bounties placed on you by the game. The method me and my friends take are we have our own crew and you see the same tag on 3-4 players pop in that can be a strong deterrent or if you have the cash if somebody kills you for no reason call a bounty in their head for $3000 or more and watch the rest of the players run him down from your TV at your crib.

shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by shoelaces!, 04 October 2013 - 07:46 AM.

I only had one experience with another player that was remotely cooperative in freeroam

Bunch of greifing idiots camping inside ammunation killing everyone, me and a guy teamed up to take them out, no mic, no talking, just us fighting together.

We get in, kill 2 of the trolls, last one runs into the back room gun range area, me and my bud both aim and

Spoiler

Felt horrible ;_;

DSX714
  • DSX714

Kirito

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

maybe this will help^^^

how is a patch for GTA Online that fixes bugs and connection issues going to improve the childish behavior of GTA Online?

bruisedeye
  • bruisedeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

So because you don't enjoy it the community is terrible? Maybe we just don't like boring folks and cater to people who want to have fun around the city.

The game is ment to be played online says ALOT about your character if you rather play solo. Intact just go stick your boring self in single player

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

The in-game community maybe, but i like most of the Forumites here :)

There will always be random people on the internet that are very difficult to like though, good thing you can play with friends only if you want :)

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

maybe this will help^^^

how is a patch for GTA Online that fixes bugs and connection issues going to improve the childish behavior of GTA Online?

posted this in the wrong thread.  sorry mate!

• Wikiderr likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

maybe this will help^^^

I am thinking he/she means that when the connection issues are fixed, all his friends can get online, which means he can play with them instead of joining randoms :)

D-Rey86
  • D-Rey86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I wouldn't say its the killing, but rather the immature trollish behavior of most people in this game.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:57 AM Edited by MuddledMuppet, 04 October 2013 - 07:59 AM.

free roam is only really fun with friends, ideally a large enough group to piss off the little gangsta wannabes. There's a rare diamond out there tho, /I have made a couple of new friends, people with the crazy idea that working together thru jobs/missions is more fun than treating the game like it's just a very large deathmatch map.

The idiots are seen in abundance with their sarcastic resonses to this and other threads, 'People killing n GTA what a shock' type crap, as if GTA didnt have a sh*t load of other stuff to do apart from simply pouncing on people who were trying to do other stuff, i guess actual deathmatches are too f*ckin hard to organise for these morons.

Hopefully the bad sport thang will weed these dumb f*cks out, but I wouldn't hold out much hope, my plan is to mainly play with friends only, occasionaly I'll dip into public games, but mostly i'll leave the asocial f*ckwits to themselves.

A question to all you 'hard guys' out there, do you think your griefing gets you seen as some Resovoir Dogs style 'don't mess with me' gangsta, or do you think we all see you as thin limbed fat bellied spotty nerds with anger issues? Take your time in thinking of a response,

• archiebunker, EDSTEROK, MovieGuy786 and 3 others like this

liammozz
  • liammozz

Cash Money Brothers

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

When I go online with my crew that city's mine. anyone comes in to it they get taken out, then they have two options GTFO or step up n bring there crew n fight it out

don't like it play invite only

D-Rey86
  • D-Rey86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

When I go online with my crew that city's mine. anyone comes in to it they get taken out, then they have two options GTFO or step up n bring there crew n fight it out

don't like it play invite only

Oh look, a virtual badass

• rex84, MovieGuy786, DSX714 and 5 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users