Quantcast

» «
Photo

I just got labelled as a Bad Sport. Look at this.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
415 replies to this topic
tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 08 October 2013 - 11:49 AM.

I love it, put all the assholes in one lobby and let them off each other, sort of like an anarchy mode. 

More like Lord of the Flies.

Let the kids kill each other if thats what they want. I'd even lobby Rockstar to lengthen the time they are in there. 2 days isn't enough, f*ck em , keep them there for a full week.

• SMG likes this

A Squid With C4
  • A Squid With C4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I love it, put all the assholes in one lobby and let them off each other, sort of like an anarchy mode. 

Let the kids kill each other if thats what they want. I'd even lobby Rockstar to lengthen the time they are in there. 2 days isn't enough, f*ck em , keep them there for a full week.

You say this, yet what about the people who accidentally get labeled as a bad sport, like when you and your friend are doing a mission and you accidentally blow their car up and you both laugh about it, or when you're hunting down a bounty? It's just stupid, you should think first.

leigero
  • leigero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by leigero, 08 October 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Or just give us that f*cking lobby as an option from the start so pussies can go pick flowers in one lobby and real niggas can play GTA in the 'bad sport' lobby with friends.

• willinjapan likes this

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Griefers abusing the system.  

By that I mean the Reporter Kids.

It's WAY too easy to hit that Start button and kick off a Report.  Lose a race?  

Report.  

Get shot in the back for getting in the line of fire by not paying attention to your surroundings?  

Report.

Curse out a f*ckwit in public for being a f*ckwit?  

Report.  Or vote kick.

it's far far too easy to abuse the reporting feature.  I'm seeing more BS in all free roam games lately, and I'm mostly joining Solo now just to get away from it.  Even though I love Free Roam.

I REALLY need to find a good Crew of adults because the way it's going now, this may not last.  I had lots more fun in GTA4.

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

System is easy to abuse. I was kicked by a "crew" of other players for simply defending my self when they shot up my car. As i was kicked i had a message saying i had left a job and if i continue to do this will be labelled a bad sport. 

Yep.  This.  There is lots of abuse in this system.

There should not be any ATMs in the game at all.  All money in the bank.  Why do you get cash loose?  It's for griefing.  They put it in on purpose.

Why is there a death cost?  Why can you take money from people?  Rockstar built it this way on purpose.  

They should have FFA 32 and not 16.. and if you want to go Solo, Join solo.  Or crew only invites.  There are many ways to get the game you want if you are smart.  

Having a fun and dangerous FFA should not be at the mercy of bedwetting Reporter Kids.  

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Its definitely not perfect but I think its a great idea and with some refining its gonna be awesome.  You should have a warning first and a way to tell that the car is a players car so you dont blow it up and only find out after.  you shouldnt get bad sport for being kicked, I agree 100% those parts about it are f*cking lame and hopefully they fix it in the next patch.

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Bad sport system sucks, we shouldn't punish bad behavior it is part of the game if they really wanted to make bad behavior
non-punishable they should've just made you unable to break peoples' custom cars and kill them.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

What a load of sh*t. I got down to 24 hours left. Dropped a grenade to suicide in a mission and it blew up a team mates car which was parked near me and the stupid f*cking system added 24 hours to my bad sport.

Rockstar need to fix this sh*t asap or when I get back I;m just going to cargobob everyone's car out to sea

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Ok here.

So actually...you get punished for being bad to other players...who are human beings just like you and I, playing a game for fun.

So actually you are purposely ruining someone's fun without asking yourself if it's right or not.

Why can't anyone think of

''ok if I was this person I probably would not like to get exploded or killed without any reason...so I will not do it.''

As a human I think that humanity is important and even in a video game. NPCs are not real peoples, players are.

now lets say your in a private lobby (invite only) and you and your friend decided to mess around with each other and attack each other/ blow up their vehicles.

Now imagine that one of them gets put as a bad player for having mutual chaotic fun, in this PRIVATE lobby. now that person who was not griefing in anyway can no longer play with there friends, and have to wear the hat as consequence for 2 days, which suddenly goes to 3 or 4 if you kill anyone else even for the sake of defense in the "bad player lobbies",

does that seem fair to you?

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm stuck wearing this for the next two days.

Going around blowing up people's cars with sticky bombs does not pay off. Not to mention the fact that I may now only play with other Bad Sports. I'm not bitter or anything, though. I think it's very clever of Rockstar. Sucks that this is a two day affair, but they really do punish you for being a hardcore dick.

Sucks to be you.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

I just got labeled as good sport,
got multiple times $1000 bonus, and as well I have 5-10% on everything I buy, besides apartments (cause I got 90% of good feedback from other players, apparently -the pop up window was quick couldn't read it all-)

Ha.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Bad sport system sucks, we shouldn't punish bad behavior it is part of the game if they really wanted to make bad behavior
non-punishable they should've just made you unable to break peoples' custom cars and kill them.

they did, you can lock your car and other players cannot access it.

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

he means make cars indestructible to other players mayhem, so i cant blow up you locked car with c4.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

he means make cars indestructible to other players mayhem, so i cant blow up you locked car with c4.

my bad, I thought he said break into other people cars, lol! reading too fast! 

thewizardchrist
  • thewizardchrist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Remeber the mission where you just walk down the street smelling flowers and not getting into any kind of gun fights or exposive situations?

Me either.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I just got labeled as good sport,
got multiple times $1000 bonus, and as well I have 5-10% on everything I buy, besides apartments (cause I got 90% of good feedback from other players, apparently -the pop up window was quick couldn't read it all-)

Ha.

Yeah I'm getting the Good Sport bonus fairly regular. Pays for my clothes ingame without denting my bank balance.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'm not a bad sport, but I like when they're in free roam. Is there a way to play with the bad sports even if you're not one?

webdevour
  • webdevour

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Congrats! You deserve it! :)

What? For playing FREE Roam how I wanted to have a few laughs with my friends? Let's not get jumpy here. It's funny and worth laughing at, but it's still annoying that I can't play with my friends anymore.

People like you, people who get "a few laughs" by torturing other players, are just fuckin scum. You ruin other peoples fun just so you can have some chuckles. Why is getting your rocks off more important than us having fun? I think that people like you should be completely banned from GTAO.

This.

In a game like GTA ONLINE, with tons of things to do and tons of new things to come...where they encourage coop playing and the only thing you think as FUN is griefing others...well that should tell something about the kind of person you are.

I hope you never get back to freeroam again.

If they didn't want people to f*ck each other up they wouldn't let us even kill each other in the first place, also that's what private modes are for. You can unlock RPG's and all kinds of super destructive weapons in free roam, people aren't gonna rob a quick-e-mart with a god damn RPG or sticky bombs.

You really can't think of anything else to do with explosives besides blow up other players' personal vehicles?  You never thought to like, raise mayhem and maybe try and get and outrun 5 stars? Smfh.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Congrats! You deserve it! :)

What? For playing FREE Roam how I wanted to have a few laughs with my friends? Let's not get jumpy here. It's funny and worth laughing at, but it's still annoying that I can't play with my friends anymore.

People like you, people who get "a few laughs" by torturing other players, are just f*ckin scum. You ruin other peoples fun just so you can have some chuckles. Why is getting your rocks off more important than us having fun? I think that people like you should be completely banned from GTAO.

This.

In a game like GTA ONLINE, with tons of things to do and tons of new things to come...where they encourage coop playing and the only thing you think as FUN is griefing others...well that should tell something about the kind of person you are.

I hope you never get back to freeroam again.

If they didn't want people to f*ck each other up they wouldn't let us even kill each other in the first place, also that's what private modes are for. You can unlock RPG's and all kinds of super destructive weapons in free roam, people aren't gonna rob a quick-e-mart with a god damn RPG or sticky bombs.

You really can't think of anything else to do with explosives besides blow up other players' personal vehicles?  You never thought to like, raise mayhem and maybe try and get and outrun 5 stars? Smfh.

haha, indeed.  Most people are so one track minded in this game its silly.  Its not your average GTA and and its not meant to be played the same way. They are too busy running round like morons in free roam killing each other while the smart players are coop mission playing and ranking up and making bank.  Thats not to say running around killing each other from time to time isnt great fun, cause it is but if you think thats the sole goal in gta5 then you should put the game away and come back when you are 18, you might figure it out then. It took me a while to figure out that its not the GTA we've come to know and love and I was all sorts of pissed about it cause I expected gta4 improved and didnt get it. The requirements for the online game made the single player game kinda suck and lack or change behavior of many features from previous games.  Explosives are for armored car doors, and quite useful in police chases to get rid of a few of them, lol!  I think they need to add dedicated deathmatch f*ck around servers where you can go kill each other without bad sport consequences then its fair game for whoever goes there with no penalties.  However I dont think they should change current server behaviour other than to tweak the system a little so you get a warning before you get bad sport or maybe give you a few kills before it happens instead of just one, thats a little extreme.  Maybe make the guy who blows up the car have to pay 10X the normal amount of insurance or something to somewhat discourage people from doing it nonstop.  Many many possibilities and I dont have all the answers, i just know the current implementation needs work.

AntonChigurh
  • AntonChigurh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

what a hopeless generation of gamers.  Cry about every little thing.  THEY KILLED ME WAAAH.  THEY ARE HAVING FUN WAAAH.  THEY ARE FARMING THATS CHEATING WAAAH.

There is such an easy to way to counter this too, play only closed sessions!!!!!  But no, you won't do that, you just want to cry all damn day.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well, just got bad sported for two days. Guess bounty hunting with a Laser is a bad idea since, for whatever reason, blowing up someone's personal vehicle counts towards the title. Paying their insurance company isn't enough, it seems.

I wouldn't even mind the bad sport lobbies if there actually were people to kill... but the place is a ghost town.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

The "bad sport" system is absolutely broke. For example: if you turn on passive mode, players can STILL kill you if done the right way. But yet they aren't punished. However, if you need to defend yourself against an asshole who keeps running you over just to be a dick and you blow up his car, YOU are the one who's punished. It's quite ridiculous... And when you get labeled "bad sport," you literally can't host a game as you can't even play with people. For 2 days! It's so stupid. It's just another thing on the list of fixes that need to be made in this game. I can't even play this game for the next two days because apparently, I'm a "bad sport." Not even call of duty did this to you. They just kicked you if you were a dick. I'm quite disappointed by some of the logic rockstar has used to create this game

Phenex
  • Phenex

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

LMFAO!!!

Banknoted
  • Banknoted

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

You not thee only 1 bro.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by MantisFang, 10 October 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Wah! Mommy! Rock star won't let me play like an asshole.

The only people that have a problem with bad sport are little idiots who only bought this game to be super assholes.

To all of you: Ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah!
Now shut your whining mouths and go play another game already.

However: getting booted at the start of a match, or before a session is loaded should make the boot happy idiots bad sports as well.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

hahah you all deserve it,

the good news is.... once your 2 days is over... if you kill 1 more time within a certain period after release... your back in for another 2 days  HAHA

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

hahah you all deserve it,

the good news is.... once your 2 days is over... if you kill 1 more time within a certain period after release... your back in for another 2 days  HAHA

LOL

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

What happens to me though is that my connection goes out or the online crashes and then it gives me a "Bad Sport" warning. Not sure if that's a kind of problem that can be fixed though.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Obviously I want butter.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yeah reading a lot of childish opinions on here, if you head over to social club and look around you will see a large majourity of players, mostly mature are completely against the bad sport system because of some of its variables.  Its actually a great system imo it keeps jobs fair, but when unskilled players are griefing you in every session because they are walking advertisements for auto aim and running you over with their car while you are surfing menu's consistently for incessant periods of time you may at some point desire self defense.  There are players who target you just for being high level, its ludicrous, I can easily say i've met Better sports in the bad sports lobbies than I have in regular play, Easily.  

I will also add nearly all of these bad sports, never specifically targeted personal vehicles, they simply had the fire power to deem safe zones out of necessity; the self richeous infants who claim innocence are in denial and completely niave.  We understand it sucks to be griefed, people chase through sessions etc, we shouldn't have to leave a session.  People leave their personal vehicles in random locations, in traffic clutters, battle areas, they get destroyed without relation to your intentions; I can't predict a speeding semi will explode near a mini van sending it twenty feet into someones boring four door sedan, exploding it as well.  

I did Everything in my power to avoid becoming a bad sport, I played matches fairly I let good sport assholes flatten me with their cars Repeatedly because apparently displaying a rocket launcher without firing it didn't scare them.  There's so many examples its just not worth ranting; but on a final note, why is anyone complaining about money" you must be absent minded, unless its glitching the guy who destroyed your car pays the insurance premium.   That in itself should be enough, hell just double the insurance premium for the guilty party and/or griefer, and triple, quadruple it, based on how soon they repeat and double the time after the second/ third or further destruction(s) so that it has more time to increase if they continue;  if it makes little sense just have the excess cash act as due compensation and let if flow into their pockets.  You will be rich, they will go broke and have more things to worry about, like affording ammo.

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

I think this is a great idea, the hat, the amount of time, the fact you can't play with friends etc.

the fact that there is no free roam room where u can jus do whatever no consequences is something that should be changed tho

if they don't change it tho I don't mind. I'm all for progression and those rooms just encourage griefing and trolling

This. Having a free roam mode where it is not possible to become a bad sport would silence many critics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users