Quantcast

» «
Photo

I just got labelled as a Bad Sport. Look at this.

415 replies to this topic
Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I understand the point of the system but it is really flawed. Yesterday somebody tried killing me and was able to pop my tires, in return I shot him and then I destroyed his car. Suddenly I'm the bad sport, had I started the fight then I would consider myself a bad sport but I just defended myself and got a little revenge. Now I just pick up annoying peoples cars using the cargobob and put it on a building.

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I love this "Bad Sport System" simply for the fact that this is the most major mainstream game ever, many people don't want to compete every second in Los Santos, The game should allow the total freedom to anyone to play it as they wish, that's the whole idea and if someone is constantly killing people for no reason then it is an awesome idea to put this guy into a group of people where he gets attacked for no reason himself. It's either major fun for all of them or he learns the lesson that sometimes it is nicer to have a break.

SpecialDribbler
  • SpecialDribbler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I understand the point of the system but it is really flawed. Yesterday somebody tried killing me and was able to pop my tires, in return I shot him and then I destroyed his car. Suddenly I'm the bad sport, had I started the fight then I would consider myself a bad sport but I just defended myself and got a little revenge. Now I just pick up annoying peoples cars using the cargobob and put it on a building.

Guess its the best way to tell them to go f*ck themselves :') I like it!

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Bad Sport

- Blow up personal vehicles

- Quit Missions, Jobs, Activities early

As for free roam killing i have yet to see the message for bad sport when killing a player in self defense however i only got the message just today by blowing up someones vehicle by mistake on a mission but the ironic part was just after that i had recieved my daily good sport reward...

disposeablehero
  • disposeablehero

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm stuck wearing this for the next two days.

Going around blowing up people's cars with sticky bombs does not pay off. Not to mention the fact that I may now only play with other Bad Sports. I'm not bitter or anything, though. I think it's very clever of Rockstar. Sucks that this is a two day affair, but they really do punish you for being a hardcore dick.

People who go around stick bombing peoplescare are imbeciles and immature morons. Congrats i guess.

Meow Meow
  • Meow Meow

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Ok it is pretty funny that you have to wear that but I do think in free roam you should be able to do what ever the hell you want. If someones being a dick in a mission specifically a team based mission then yeah punish them but free roam should be a free for all I think.

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

That's hilarious.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I love it, put all the assholes in one lobby and let them off each other, sort of like an anarchy mode. 

leigero
  • leigero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Honestly, everybody in favor of this system sounds like a huge pussy.

Getting your car back is a matter of phoning the insurance company, and phoning the mechanic to have it delivered right to you (30 seconds).

If getting your personal car blown up and losing 30 seconds of game time is a crisis to you, you should avoid online competitive game play or try out one of the private online game modes they made just for pussies like you who don't want to play with other people.

If you want to join a crime and mayhem game's online lobby then for the love of God don't go to the forums and cry about people shooting your car. If that gets your panties in a wad then leave your personal car in your garage or just GTFO of online play.

manc4life7
  • manc4life7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Absolutely love that R* put this system in place. 

I really don't understand how people can be so thick about this.  If you are smart enough to turn on your console, I would think you should be smart enough to grasp this concept.  Let's be really clear here - R* is NOT limiting what you can do in free roam.  Want to grief other players?  Have at it!  Troll them to you little heart's content.  Sticky-bomb everyone and everything in site.  But be prepared to live with the consequences, which apparently includes (awesome) things like wearing a silly hat (oh the humanity!), or being stuck in servers with other trolls.  Speaking of which, if free-roam anarchy and mayhem is the "heart" of GTA, like many are saying, then why are trolls bitching about being put in servers with other trolls?  More mayhem and more people who want to play the game the way "it's meant to be played" (according to you) should make you even happier with your online experience.

Oh, what's that?  You don't enjoy it when every random person you come across opens fire on you as soon as they see you? You only get a kick out of griefing other players who enjoy the game differently than you?  Imagine that. 

f*cking bravo, R*. :^:

manc4life7
  • manc4life7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by manc4life7, 07 October 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Getting your car back is a matter of phoning the insurance company, and phoning the mechanic to have it delivered right to you (30 seconds).

If getting your personal car blown up and losing 30 seconds of game time is a crisis to you, you should avoid online competitive game play or try out one of the private online game modes they made just for pussies like you who don't want to play with other people.

If you want to join a crime and mayhem game's online lobby then for the love of God don't go to the forums and cry about people shooting your car. If that gets your panties in a wad then leave your personal car in your garage or just GTFO of online play.

El-oh-f*cking-el.

Or, don't be a pussy who gets pissed when he has to wear a silly hat for griefing random people.  Is your online character's fashion sense that important to you?  I am not even going to mention getting stuck in troll-only lobbies as a penalty, cause based on your post that is your idea of the perfect online game.  Don't be such a bitch because your troll-only lobbies don't have those easy marks that aren't looking to kill every blip they see on radar.  Instead, sack up, be a man, and get out there and grief some people who actually trying to do the same thing to you.

Or is that too hard for you?

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by jc20, 07 October 2013 - 01:28 PM.

I haven't really been griefed yet; I've had people light me up for no reason, but usually they stop after I kill them a few times when they keep trying or flee the area. However, I don't really see a problem with 'bad sports' not being able to play with their friends.  If someone if trying to play with their friends or meet new people to complete game missions with, and another person griefing prevents that, then I feel the punishment is perfect.

And besides, if all a person wants to do is blow up other user's cars, they are not missing out on much when not able to play with friends.

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by ajma420, 07 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I am going to have a dedicated character for grief

Bad sport is account-wide

the only thing I contest with this bad sport thing is the self defense. for example, a guy is shooting at my car from his car, so I throw a sticky bomb out the window and demolished him, but I get a bad sport warning. That's that sh*t I don't like.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

I got labelled as a bad sport today. Not too pleased.

Basically every time I go back into freeroam everyone on the server just HAS to come after me, even if I have passive mode enabled. Of course I always defend myself. My most recent incident involved someone chasing me in an SUV as I was trying to make a trip to ammu-nation, he was shooting me so I threw a grenade out of my window and blew up his vehicle, killing him in the process.

Bam. Bad sport. For defending myself. I guess next time someone is trying to kill me I will just commit suicide and save them the trouble.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Serves you right OP. f*cking hate people like you... what's even the point? Just play the game.

manc4life7
  • manc4life7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

the only thing I contest with this bad sport thing is the self defense. for example, a guy is shooting at my car from his car, so I throw a sticky bomb out the window and demolished him, but I get a bad sport warning. That's that sh*t I don't like.

Yeah, that needs to be tweaked. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have to agree, having your car blown up is a non-issue, I don't understand the problem here. Being killed sets you back 5% of your cash worth, isn't that worse than losing access to your car for 20-30 seconds? The best part is, the person that blew up your car is already penalized your insurance fee, so they're punished immediately and it's no skin off your nose.

Some people just want to complain for the sake of complaining, I guess. I'm sure Rockstar will remove this personal car restriction at some point, within free roam at least. It causes a lot more problems than it solves.

Jets4Life
  • Jets4Life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I really don't think most of you understand the implementation of this system.  You can go around killing the same player 20+ times after he spawns and you will not be a bad sport, but the second you mess with a personal vehicle whether on purpose, or on accident, you will get a bad sport message.  Do this enough and you cannot play with your friends online.  The game already makes you pay the insurance if you blow up a personal vehicle, so that person can recover it for free.  It insignificantly detracts from their gameplay, but to not be able to play with your friends for TWO DAYS? That imo is a horrible system that needs revision. It is not even weeding out the dbag players. 

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Not too sure how I feel about this. 

One hand, I like how R* is kinda limiting how griefiers etc can be controlled. 

On the other hand, not sure how I feel about them telling people how to play the game. I was all for them putting bad sports in servers with other bad sports, or giving them a title. But that as a hat? Maybe the person who came up with the idea should put on that hat for trying to tell people to play like Barney in a game that was always prone on violence and rude behavior. 

Like I said, I like the thought, but the exceution seems a bit f*cked if that's truly what happens. 

They are not telling you how to play the game. YOU CAN PLAY as a bad sport. However, and it's even limited, if you continue to be one you will be put with others who are the same. Excellent match making and moderation if you ask me.

This is stupid they shouldn't put bad sports with other bad sports that just ruins the game for others they want to meet new people the likelihood of the bad sports they play with will mostly be the same people.

Never quote me again unless you decide to make sense you dense pos.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

El-oh-f*cking-el.

Or, don't be a pussy who gets pissed when he has to wear a silly hat for griefing random people.  Is your online character's fashion sense that important to you?  I am not even going to mention getting stuck in troll-only lobbies as a penalty, cause based on your post that is your idea of the perfect online game.  Don't be such a bitch because your troll-only lobbies don't have those easy marks that aren't looking to kill every blip they see on radar.  Instead, sack up, be a man, and get out there and grief some people who actually trying to do the same thing to you.

hell no he doesnt wanna be stuckina troll lobby, cause everyone there does the same thing hes doing, its not near as much fun when its done back to you and hes probably a noob and pissed that the rest of the trolls are 10x better than him at being asshats, lol! I find the whole thing quite hilarious that these guys are mad they get stuck playing with only people just like themselves, enjoy it dingleberries! hahaha!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by sultangris, 07 October 2013 - 08:00 PM.

I really don't think most of you understand the implementation of this system.  You can go around killing the same player 20+ times after he spawns and you will not be a bad sport, but the second you mess with a personal vehicle whether on purpose, or on accident, you will get a bad sport message.  Do this enough and you cannot play with your friends online.  The game already makes you pay the insurance if you blow up a personal vehicle, so that person can recover it for free.  It insignificantly detracts from their gameplay, but to not be able to play with your friends for TWO DAYS? That imo is a horrible system that needs revision. It is not even weeding out the dbag players. 

flawed for sure, but look around dude, the whole game is, lots of stuff need tweaking and balancing and fixing. the 20 kill guy needs to be a bad sport too, and the car thing one time is extreme, but after a few times or whatever then yea, your obviously an asshole and should be playing with other assholes like yourself, are you scared of being stuck with only people like you that do the same thing? not near as much fun when you cant pick on people just trying to play the game cooperatively? lol

clearly they dont want you to be destroying cars, no one cares about short penalties and honestly 2 days is pretty short too but the 2 day penalty gets your attention a little and says "hey f*ckwad, youre being a f*ckwad, you wanna stop being a f*ckwad now ok?"

captain_MD
  • captain_MD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Congrats! You deserve it! :)

What? For playing FREE Roam how I wanted to have a few laughs with my friends? Let's not get jumpy here. It's funny and worth laughing at, but it's still annoying that I can't play with my friends anymore.
People like you, people who get "a few laughs" by torturing other players, are just f*ckin scum. You ruin other peoples fun just so you can have some chuckles. Why is getting your rocks off more important than us having fun? I think that people like you should be completely banned from GTAO.

This.
In a game like GTA ONLINE, with tons of things to do and tons of new things to come...where they encourage coop playing and the only thing you think as FUN is griefing others...well that should tell something about the kind of person you are.

I hope you never get back to freeroam again.
If they didn't want people to f*ck each other up they wouldn't let us even kill each other in the first place, also that's what private modes are for. You can unlock RPG's and all kinds of super destructive weapons in free roam, people aren't gonna rob a quick-e-mart with a god damn RPG or sticky bombs.
yeah what is the point of weapons if you can't kill? Who would really care much about killing NPCs people play online so they can kill players not NPCs they would play single player if they wanted to kill people.

You're a moron guy. Weapons are for use in missions/jobs (also for those with bounties). I just bought the sniper rifle, not to camp out and ruin other players' game, but to use in the missions. And it paid off immensely. Especially for the plane mission in sandy shores.

Jets4Life
  • Jets4Life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

flawed for sure, but look around dude, the whole game is, lots of stuff need tweaking and balancing and fixing. the 20 kill guy needs to be a bad sport too, and the car thing one time is extreme, but after a few times or whatever then yea, your obviously an asshole and should be playing with other assholes like yourself, are you scared of being stuck with only people like you that do the same thing? not near as much fun when you cant pick on people just trying to play the game cooperatively? lol

clearly they dont want you to be destroying cars, no one cares about short penalties and honestly 2 days is pretty short too but the 2 day penalty gets your attention a little and says "hey f*ckwad, youre being a f*ckwad, you wanna stop being a f*ckwad now ok?"

Playing for two hours free roam in a jet blowing people up, I got the bad sport thing, wasn't even singling out personal vehicles, just killing everyone like I have done for years in gta free roam.  I dont give a f*ck about whose in my lobby as long as I can play with my friends and do missions with them.  This system of "Bad Sports" seems like it was made by a little buttmad child who couldnt handle a classic gta style free roam, and wanted to force everyone to play the game in a way that most gamers dont come to gta for. 

leigero
  • leigero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by leigero, 07 October 2013 - 11:31 PM.

El-oh-f*cking-el.

hell no he doesnt wanna be stuckina troll lobby, cause everyone there does the same thing hes doing, its not near as much fun when its done back to you and hes probably a noob and pissed that the rest of the trolls are 10x better than him at being asshats, lol! I find the whole thing quite hilarious that these guys are mad they get stuck playing with only people just like themselves, enjoy it dingleberries! hahaha!

You're both very wrong.

Neither of you understand the problem here and its SO BASIC. I don't kill every blip on the radar. I kill blips here and there, sure who doesn't but that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with the Bad Sport lobby. You're so mistaken it makes my brain hurt. I get 'bad sport' marks for blowing up personal vehicles. You're just ASSUMING I'm blowing them up with people in them and that isn't always true.

I've seen personal vehicles parked on the side of the road and blew it up because some careless asshat left it in the street... YOUR BAD. If you cared about it so much you shoulda left it in the garage. But because I blew it up... I had to pay your insurance deductable and you got it back for free and within seconds. BIG f*ckING DEAL. If you consider losing a few seconds over an in-game phone call 'griefing' you should probably never go outside because the real world is gonna f*ck you up.

This is not griefing anybody, it costs you less time and money than had I camped you. AND SINCE I CANT BLOW UP CARS... I think I will just start running around mercilessly killing fa**ots out of spite because THAT doesn't garner me a bad sport rating. That actually makes me money and is considered good behavior so its to your own demise.

I would rather stay in the bad sport lobbies forever honestly because the people there are cooler and know how to enjoy the damn game. I personally don't give a sh*t if my car blows up, its funny and adds to the challenge of the game. The problem I have with it, is that I cannot play with my friends unless we are all in the bad sport lobby together at the same time, and its hard to coordinate that.

kadez
  • kadez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by kadez, 08 October 2013 - 03:12 AM.

This "Bad Sport" punishment is over the top. Plain and simple.

I had no problem being sent to a lobby where everyone was a bad sport, but the simple fact that it happens because I blow up other assholes cars, which I then have to pay for the insurance anyways, is ridiculous. On top of the fact that I can no longer play with any of my friends on my friends list, be it a session I invited them to, or a job/mission, because they aren't bad sports is completely ludicrous.

This punishment does not work, simply because I can legally in the game do more harm by spawn camping someone and running their money to 0, when I can't blow up the car that has been harassing me for the past 20 minutes without effectively risking a ban, because that's what it truly is, is silly, even more that i still have to pay for there insurance anyways and there is no hit to their wallet.

There is no way anyone can argue that this is a good mechanic. If you think you can I'll make it simple.

Spawn killing someone to 0 cash = fine
Blowing up someones car that they are going to get back for free = not fine
Getting randomly kicked from jobs = not fine
Randomly kicking players from sessions = fine

You can't argue for it, it's ridiculous. If anything, change it from 2 real life days, to 5 or 10 in game days. It is going to be very hard to play this game now knowing I can't blow up the asshole chasing me without risking a ban. This game just lost all it's magic.

And for all you idiots who try to say that you had it coming, or it takes more than one, obviously haven't been in a free roam lobby for an extended period of time.

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

So what am I supposed to do when someone is spawn killing me in their personal vehicle? Let them kill me? That's bull sh*t

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

I love this "Bad Sport System" simply for the fact that this is the most major mainstream game ever, many people don't want to compete every second in Los Santos, The game should allow the total freedom to anyone to play it as they wish, that's the whole idea and if someone is constantly killing people for no reason then it is an awesome idea to put this guy into a group of people where he gets attacked for no reason himself. It's either major fun for all of them or he learns the lesson that sometimes it is nicer to have a break.

Yeah, but it actually makes griefing EASIER. All I have to do is get my personal vehicle, turn on passive mode, and hunt down a guy who isn't in his car. I knock him around until he dies ... and if he fires back at my car, he'll get a bad sport.

Good job, Rockstar. lol

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I really liked the GTA 4 online free-roam better. I like the whole 16 player open-world where you can mod your cars, rob banks, own an apartment, buy clothes etc....  but at the same time I don't like this good sport/bad sport. it just ruins everything... i was in a car battle with someone and we were shooting each other for a few seconds and then I turned to do some maneuver thinking I would kill the guy but then he blew my car up with a sticky bomb. It was annoying but it didn't ruin my day and I just thought "oh well, I'll be able to do that to people once I get higher level". The guy doesn't really deserve a bad sport thingy (I really still don't understand what the huge negative of being a bad sport is...)

I haven't encountered many douches in the freeroam yet, just people doing stuff I would do. If somebody is walking down the street facing me with a gun i'll try and run him over because I don't know if he would shoot me or not.

I know many people hate PVP in freeroam but it feels more GTA and can be fun at times but I wouldn't do it all the time cuz it can get boring easily and unrewarding. I just miss the GTA 4 days of chasing 13-15 year olds in freeroam with a helicopter and hearing them yell at me over the mic without worrying about some stupid punishing system.... It might of been mean, but it was honestly really fun. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Playing for two hours free roam in a jet blowing people up, I got the bad sport thing, wasn't even singling out personal vehicles, just killing everyone like I have done for years in gta free roam.  I dont give a f*ck about whose in my lobby as long as I can play with my friends and do missions with them.  This system of "Bad Sports" seems like it was made by a little buttmad child who couldnt handle a classic gta style free roam, and wanted to force everyone to play the game in a way that most gamers dont come to gta for. 

Its a great idea and a great system, but clearly like the rest of the game it needs some tweaking.  You apparently do not understand the point of gta online, GTA5 is no longer the same style of GTA we are used to, they made the cars totally fake and arcade style driving, very hard to damage, they introduced heists and teamwork. its not just a run around and shoot each other free for all deathmatch like previous online versions, this version wants you to team up and work together to do missions, some of which are deathmatch.  That is how and where you will make money and rank up the fastest.  You are completely wasting your time dicking around in free mode if you want to rank up and unlock more weapons and car mods and make money and buy more garages.  Sure you can get a little money and rp there but nowhere near what you will get playing missions with people. The longer you stay in a session with the same players the more JP, RP and money you get, the longer you keep voting on missions and continuing the better missions you get.  You dont have nearly the income or ranking up potential running round free mode robbing stores and selling cars at the spray shops.    The real game is in the coop missions and the higher rank you get the better higher paying missions you get.  If you just want to run around like a moron and kill people you are playing the wrong game and should go play COD, there is so much more to this one.  I was playing some missions with 5 crew members and we ranked up about 5 levels and made 60K in about 20-30 minutes playing lvl 26 or so missions. you get around 10K per mission at that level and they are much more fun and challenging that the lower rank missions you get. Now clearly the ability to run around like a moron and kill people exists as it is quite fun from time to time, you can kill as many as you want with no consequences but for some reason they dont want you blowing up cars.  Its pretty lame that you cant even tell a car is a players car, but like I said before, this is pretty much a beta and lots of things need tweaking, and they will be.  If you dont like the consequences of being a bad sport then dont blow up cars, easy fix.

FilipinoNinja67
  • FilipinoNinja67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

After playing as a bad sport for a couple of hours, it's actually not that bad aside from not being able to play with my friends.

I've literally not seen anyone kill someone else unless there was a bounty on their head and everyone in gamechat is really cool.

I think everyone in the bad sport lobby has learned their lessons though. Rockstar has taught us well by sending us to GTA Prison. From now on, whenever I get attacked by someone, I will get in my personal vehicle and spawn kill that person, drainin him/her of their precious moola, and if they try to kill me, they'll be labeled as bad sports and I'll be laughing at this wonderful system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users