Quantcast

» «
Photo

I just got labelled as a Bad Sport. Look at this.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
415 replies to this topic
soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Alright, this is actually really f*cking dumb. I can't do ANYTHING with friends (missions included) until Sunday morning.

so stop being a dick and it will go away dunce

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Do you get to keep the dunce cap? Is it in your closet or do you lose it after becoming a good sport again?

If this is the only way to get it, I might have to go blow up some personal cars.

Yes the dunce cap is very fetching. It would certainly turn heads. Can I get a Dunce tattoo on my forehead if I get labelled bad sport 3 times?

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by davetopper, 06 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

Bad sport is stupid and should be removed I played Red Dead Redemption Online for the sole purpose of killing people and slaughtering horses. And how the hell are you guys getting into online? I haven't got past the race scene that glitches up and never starts a race.

I guess R* is already onto you. 

Alright, this is actually really f*cking dumb. I can't do ANYTHING with friends (missions included) until Sunday morning.

so stop being a dick and it will go away dunce

I know right? I really have no sympathy for the punk. 

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Congrats! You deserve it! :)

What? For playing FREE Roam how I wanted to have a few laughs with my friends? Let's not get jumpy here. It's funny and worth laughing at, but it's still annoying that I can't play with my friends anymore.

Yeah, but playing 'your way' was just ruining the fun of others.

My friend got killed randomly by a f*ckwit, so we all got together and hunted him down. Two cars, me on foot, and another friend in a jet. I think we killed these two guys at least twenty times each. That's being conservative.

No dunce hat on any of us. Because we weren't trying to be deliberate pricks to other players by blowing up their cars.

and what if ur playing with private and u and ur friends are killing each other for fun? sure i can use random vehicles but still.

they should make player vehicles protected from other players, so i cant go to your car and blow it up with c4.

leigero
  • leigero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

I DON'T GET YOU PUSSIES. Seriously. Don't play Grand Theft Auto to be a huge bitch. There is NOTHING about blowing up a personal car that qualifies you as a 'dick' its part of the game.

That's like playing call of duty and calling someone a dick for killing you... it makes NO SENSE.

So phone up the insurance company and get it back... BIG DEAL stop crying about it l ike you're out some significant effort to get the stupid car back. Its no more valuable than any other random stolen car in the game.

FeelsBatman
  • FeelsBatman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Why do people get labelled as bad sports when they destroy other players' cars?

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Why do people do it though?  

And im sure i missed something here but what has 'playng like Barney' got to do with griefing other players for giggles?

They are the game versions of trollls; they exist solely to make existence suck that little bit more. 

I don't understand the logic behind it (if there is any) but i think i can understand the basic psychology - after all i was a bit of a bully myself in school.

Bizarre tho and i hate it and am glad R* have this Bad Sport system. 

(Remember fellow RPG-ers, use your phone to bank your cash more quickly so it wont get lost, and bank everytime your reach 4 digits! No need to wait for the warning at 5k.)

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

You CAN wage war on an individual in freeroam fairly, by initiating a personal deathmatch. Everytime someone kills me in freeroam, I offer them the chance, but so far nobody has accepted (as we know, most griefers are hit & run pussies). 

If you kill someone and they don't offer you the match, they don't want to play the same way as you, so you should leave them alone and find someone who does. If you then go on to harass them and kill them multiple times, you deserve to have your online experience f*cked with, because that's what you're doing to other players. 

As for the argument "well they gave us sticky bombs and then punish us for using them" - Try using the same argument after shooting someone dead in Texas - that isn't how things work lol.

leigero
  • leigero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

I haven't read one compelling argument to defend this system YET.

I can run around 'griefing' players with sniper rifles and assault weapons just the same. I can make your online life miserable and never let you walk 10 feet without blowing up your car. Half the time your car isn't even with you.

The problem is that blowing up peoples' cars is just a random and microscopic issue to focus on and they based the entire 'bad player' concept on it but WHY? Why CARS? Why not get bad sport for killing people? or for leaving missions mid way through? Or for f*cking up a mission and not letting the other players complete it? Or for getting reported by other players?

No, they don't focus on any of that instead they honed in on considering anybody that blows up another players car, and only that, a 'bad sport.'  Well excuse me, but that's a random and stupid thing to focus on. I can blow you up in a car 9 times out of ten its not gonna be your own car, but when it is, i get slapped on the hand... suggesting its a BIG DEAL to destroy a personal car.

But the reality is that it IS NOT A BID GEAL because you can just get it right back. Blowing sh*t up is half the fun in the game and if I'm not allowed to throw grenades out the window to thwart assholes chasing me down in the highway why give them to me?

I challenge someone to give me a compelling reason why this makes sense. And the whole "woe is me i want to play a murderous online rampage game and not die" is just never gonna cut it, so cut the whole 'don't grief me' sh*t.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

You deserve it ppl have to pay to get their car back

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you didn't play like a little bxtch, and actually tried shooting it out with me - I would never switch to an explosive, ever. Theres a difference between a drive-by which is fine, and running people over like a little slut.

If you wanna get kills with your car instead of your gun, thats cool. Just know, I'm gonna bomb the fxck outta your car each and everytime I see you in one. ESPECIALLY if I know its your personal vehicle. Put me in Bad Sport prison if you want - but when I get bail.. I'm coming out to do it again

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

System is easy to abuse. I was kicked by a "crew" of other players for simply defending my self when they shot up my car. As i was kicked i had a message saying i had left a job and if i continue to do this will be labelled a bad sport. 

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's okay guys. I'm currently wrecking every single player in my non-bad sport free roam to make up for the time.

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I can run around 'griefing' players with sniper rifles and assault weapons just the same. I can make your online life miserable and never let you walk 10 feet without blowing up your car. Half the time your car isn't even with you.

The problem is that blowing up peoples' cars is just a random and microscopic issue to focus on and they based the entire 'bad player' concept on it but WHY? Why CARS? Why not get bad sport for killing people? or for leaving missions mid way through? Or for f*cking up a mission and not letting the other players complete it? Or for getting reported by other players?

No, they don't focus on any of that instead they honed in on considering anybody that blows up another players car, and only that, a 'bad sport.'  Well excuse me, but that's a random and stupid thing to focus on. I can blow you up in a car 9 times out of ten its not gonna be your own car, but when it is, i get slapped on the hand... suggesting its a BIG DEAL to destroy a personal car.

But the reality is that it IS NOT A BID GEAL because you can just get it right back. Blowing sh*t up is half the fun in the game and if I'm not allowed to throw grenades out the window to thwart assholes chasing me down in the highway why give them to me?

I challenge someone to give me a compelling reason why this makes sense. And the whole "woe is me i want to play a murderous online rampage game and not die" is just never gonna cut it, so cut the whole 'don't grief me' sh*t.

OK firstly then, you DO get Bad Sport for quitting in the middle of jobs and you DO get it for other stuff too.

But IT IS A BIG DEAL!! when you kill someone - yes their car will be fine (maybe, assuming its their personal) but they die and you cost them money. You gained nothing from it - therefore, it is exactly like online trolling.

A psychopath like Trevor might enjoy killing for fun but GTA is about CRIMINALITY - which means we wanna get paid for our exploits. 

And so, if you wanna get paid for blowing up vehicles do it to Cluckin Bell and invest in TacoBomb, because whenever you do it to another person you're really only doing it because they are a real living person and you want a response.

And buddy that says a lot more about your psyche then it does about just your gaming preferences. This aint no hate parade - i just thought I would try to offer a compelling argument why griefing is just plain bad, mmmkay?  :)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

On the other hand, not sure how I feel about them telling people how to play the game. I was all for them putting bad sports in servers with other bad sports, or giving them a title. But that as a hat? Maybe the person who came up with the idea should put on that hat for trying to tell people to play like Barney in a game that was always prone on violence and rude behavior. 

Like I said, I like the thought, but the exceution seems a bit f*cked if that's truly what happens. 

you're taking GTA too seriously

this sh*t is awesome XD

xTheShowx
  • xTheShowx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

I like this idea because if a person is shooting me over and over and I'm losing my money because of it, I don't want to find a new session just because of one person...

Trevkillz
  • Trevkillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Trevkillz, 06 October 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I think you are having a really hard time to get this.

Its ok a gunfight in Free roam.

It is not ok to grief other players.

Grief: something that causes keen distress or suffering - such as - blowing someone elses car that they had a hard time to earned, just for your  own amusement.

Get it? get it?

Where at any point did I say it was okay to grief people? All I see people bitching about is joining public games and getting shot. Almost every single person in this thread hasn't said anything other than "I joined a game and someone shot me! they should be banned!" which is most of the posts I quoted.

Yeah, you just post after me saying you dont like griefers as well, my bad.

Weel ill give you my example, i was playing yesterday, zero money on me, just to drive my new car - in passive mode - someone just came shooting at my cars tires....he saw i was in passive mode not wanting to "game" at that moment.. a douche move...i reported him for this.

I did not report people that came to have a fair fight though you're not supposed to be fair if you really want to survive.

Shooting at your tires? What is reportable about that not everyone has to fair fight you.

Sounds like the other guy deserved it. You can tell when someone is using passive mode so to deliberately do something to be a dbag is griefing. Actually I think this is the way the system should work, while in passive mode if you are ran over and killed or get your vehicle blown up (regardless if its insured or not) should give the other player a bad sport rating.

However outside of Passive Mode it should be fair game (even if the op was kinda being a d*ck since most prob. haven't even unlocked sticky bombs yet) but it is GTA after all right. I still believe you should have to pay the insurance fee but no bad sport rating.

This would make it more effective and not punish someone for defending themselves b/c they blew up someones vehicle in the process. I also think if you kill someone while they are in passive mode the hospital fee should go to you instead of your victim, so not only would you get bad sport but you lose 1k+ if they had insurance on the vehicle. This imo would be a much better way to implement this feature imo instead of ppl arguing over how GTA should or shouldn't be played.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 06 October 2013 - 08:18 PM.

^^^^^^

this

everything seconded

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

The games not much fun when you cant buy anything or have a garage.  there is really nowhere you can go to be safe from death except inside a spray shop.  using phone internet is slow and clunky and leaves you vulnerable to attack and you cant ever see it coming, they need to make the minimap stay visible at all times or put you in a safe spot so you cant be killed while you cant see them coming.  Lots of fixing and tweaking to be done.

You have interesting points, but again you shouldn't be joining a GTAV online lobby with 15 other free-thinking players. If you want to be 'safe from death' you should probably just go back to the story mode and play single player. The whole point in multi player in games like this is the free-will aspect to do what you please. That is the point of the game. They have missions, which you can cooperate on, OR sabotage other people's efforts at robbing stores etc. The free will aspect is the point of the game, the missions are there to stimulate activity.

Yet again, I have to mention that the thinking that its 'bad behavior' to blow up a meaningless car is just a sensitive way to looking at online play. If you get your feelings hurt over losing a car that literally takes 30 seconds to replace you should probably stick with Lego Batman Adventures. Grand Theft Auto by its very nature implies a certain level of violent behavior and complaining about it is irony at its finest.

Just play the game more realistically. If you want to dig around on the cell phone internet, don't stand in an intersection in town 2 blocks from 3 other players to do it. If you were a wanted criminal in real life you wouldn't do that, so don't do it in the game. Just use common sense to avoid death. Although I don't know why you'd join an online lobby to follow traffic laws, wave at friendly passers by and avoid danger.

Dont get me wrong, im not against people killing me and Im down to do some killing from time to time but that is not the main objective goal in free roam mode for everyone to be dinkwads and just kill each other and never join any missions that require more than one person to complete and pay more for more people in the same session! Im certainly not supporting a free roam lobby where you cant die, but I hate asshats who just keep doing it over and over as soon as i respawn cause you pop right up close to where you died usually and before you can draw the gun the f*cktard is killing you again.  I dont give two sh*ts about the internet but I use it to keep my money deposited like they advise, but the the interface and controls are sh*tty and it takes a bit to accomplish and you are blind to the world while doing it, using ATM has same problem, obviously i dont stand on the freeway, and I look around before I do it but im just saying in an online multiplayer game where you can die why and the f*ck do they put you in situations where you cant see the screen for a minute or two and still leave you vulnerable.  I just pulled a gun to rob a store once and some f*cktard mission guy called me and 2 minute cut scene and when i return theres a cop car rammed into the doors blocking it with one half open and cops outside shooting me and I was blinking red and then died becuase the game continued while i was in a lame ass cutscene I couldnt skip.  its a very stupid design and simply making the mini map stay of top of the other windows at all times or make you disappear till you are done or something would be a simple fix.  I dont really wanna miss cutscenes cause they tell you waht to do but maybe make them not activate when the f*cking cops are flashing and after you.  I think you can agree with that! 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by sultangris, 06 October 2013 - 08:25 PM.

they designed cars to take virtually zero damage when you crash headfirst into a concrete wall at 150mph, or fly 400 feet off the side of a mountain and hit the ground sideways, clearly they intend for cars to not be destroyed, lol!  On the other hand if you trip over the curb walking around you lose half your life, lots of things in this game dont make sense but Its clearly missing a lot and has lots of room to tweak it and balance it better, its pretty much a beta test at this point.  I hear what you are saying, but I think perhaps they should expand the bad sport thing to killing a set number of other players within a given timeframe. Certainly you wouldnt want it to do so after one, but if you spawn rape the same guy 5 times in a row you are an asshat and should be labeled as such and forced to play with others like you.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but in the new update, the person who destroys your car pays the deductible; so when you call up the insurance company, a new one is delivered to your garage free of charge to you. So unless they have money to waste, I doubt they'll go out of their way to destroy your property.

Not too sure about losing money when you're killed though. I've been playing private matches with friends & crew members and we've been keeping the peace.

leigero
  • leigero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but in the new update, the person who destroys your car pays the deductible; so when you call up the insurance company, a new one is delivered to your garage free of charge to you. So unless they have money to waste, I doubt they'll go out of their way to destroy your property.

Not too sure about losing money when you're killed though. I've been playing private matches with friends & crew members and we've been keeping the peace.

Everybody will eventually have money to waste. I had several hundred thousand with nothing to buy and couldnt care less about losing 1k to blow up a car. Heck the bomb I used to blow that car up in the first place cost 600 bucks.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by Lisha, 06 October 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Some prick ran me over, but I didn't die right? Was almost dead so I threw a sticky bomb on his car and detonated it because he'd reversed and was going to kill me. I get a bad sport warning. Ummm, no R* - if a player's just tried to kill another player, self defense shouldn't garner the person defending themself a wanted level. He was accelerating so close that I ended up getting killed in the explosion as well, I'd have had no chance if I was shooting at him.

Oh well, I hope his vehicle wasn't insured - little prat.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

Well, like I said, I've blown up one or two cars and have had no problem. He did a lot more than that.

Also, I've never said how the game is supposed to be played, unlike you. In fact if you actually read my posts, you'll see that I said the game can and should be played however you want. But if you're going around killing people 24/7 and causing others to become upset and ruining their experience, you should be punished. Just as you would in real life for being a bully.
This is a video game that mimics real life in a satire kind of way. And in real life, there are consequences for your actions. They can just let everything go unpunished.

It's not just cars ... it's personal cars. A friend of mine blew up a guy's personal car ONCE and immediately got a bad sport warning.

CaveRave
  • CaveRave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:17 AM Edited by CaveRave, 07 October 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Wait, you get this label for free roam activites...despite the fact that if someone dosen't want to be killed they could enable passive mode?

I thought this only appiled to teamkillers, assholes in missions or crew killing?

Personal cars as well even though you could disable access for other players? Confused on features?

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I posted this on another thread and thought I should share it here as well...

Personally, I don't care if someone kills me in free mode. If they do, I just hunt them down and kill them. I mean, seriously, it's odd to have a game about crime and mayhem and then punish people for it.

I see three primary flaws in the Bad Sport system...

1) It makes it very easy for someone to grief you. Let's say I'm in my personal car and I go after you. Destroying a person's personal car will get you a bad sport label, soooo ... you're not able to defend yourself? All I have to do is stay in my personal vehicle and I can shoot you as much as I want, but if you fight back and hurt my car, you get penalized? That makes no sense. And if I'm in passive mode, you're really screwed because you can't even shoot me, only the car, and I can kept crashing into you -- and possibly killing you -- as much as I want. So, honestly, the bad sport system actually makes griefing EASIER for anyone with a little bit of ingenuity.

2) It completely negates the bounty system. At any point, a person could put a bounty on you. Whoever kills you gets the offered reward. But if they destroy your personal vehicle in the process, then they get the reward AND a bad sport rating. That's ridiculous.

3) Players can easily goad you into becoming a bad sport. How? Well, personal vehicles are usually sports cars, muscle cars, etc. At least, most of the time. No one is going to make a minivan their personal vehicle. And that's the trick. All I gotta do is grab a minivan, make it my personal vehicle, and go after you. No one in their right mind is going to have a minivan as their personal vehicle, so the person will think they're safe in destroying your car in defense. And what do they get? BAD SPORT!!!!!

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'm stuck wearing this for the next two days.

Going around blowing up people's cars with sticky bombs does not pay off. Not to mention the fact that I may now only play with other Bad Sports. I'm not bitter or anything, though. I think it's very clever of Rockstar. Sucks that this is a two day affair, but they really do punish you for being a hardcore dick.

I read about this from IGN. Thought it was a joke.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Why do people get labelled as bad sports when they destroy other players' cars?

This is exactly what I was going to ask. If they destroy your car, they lose the cost of your insurance and you get a brand new car for free, immediately. You can even enter/exit a map blip to teleport it to your location. Since they're already being punished via the insurance premium, and you suffer no actual loss, there's absolutely no reason for the destruction of personal vehicles to count as being a bad sport.

Hell, being killed is a hundred times worse than having your car destroyed. If the car is blown up, who cares? Doesn't cost me anything, it costs you. If I get killed? 5% of my bank account gone. That's okay, but blowing up the car is bad sportmanship, apparently. They should really remove this vehicle thing from the bad sport rating.

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

LOLOLOLOLO

gyro1234
  • gyro1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

I read the first part of the discussion... like the first half...

Lol.

Griefers and db's: "you go play on private servers then!!!"

Cooperative people: "no, you go play on private servers!!!"

Lol!!!

Isn't that the whole point now of this system? To keep you people apart?

Sorry to say. I don't see him on this page anymore. But Shansha, I found you to be having the dumbest posts of them all. Sorry!!! I mean, I don't curse or anything...

There was just no logic in there at all...

You want to go meet other people, you should stop playing that much games anyway. And seriously, I'm more the cooperative kind of player as well. But this whole "you'll never get rid of griefers, there will always be someone that's going to kill you and destroy your car at one point in time". I don't care lol! Let them be haha. Seriously, I don't care.

I mean it's perfect. Also the different accounts. Because if you want to grief people that don't like it on purpose, you'll have to bring something in return for it. You have to play at least as seriously and as cooperative as you're messing the game up.

Perhaps the system itsself could be improved further. There's always room for improvement.

And if you're ever sick of playing with griefers or only play with people who you think are way too serious about this game, you make another account.

And I thought I saw somewhere that your bank is shared between accounts. So you don't lose your money.

Yeah your RP. Ok. Whatever. I'm glad there's a system like this in place. It makes it a little more indepth. The are more possibilities like this.

And I seriously don't know why Shansha is (lol) crying (You are!!! I know you said it to other people. But yeah in fact you're the one who's crying a.t.m. Together with the thread starter).

I play seriously at first. And I think the hat is more like a trophy. I think it's pretty cool lol.

But because there's this system now, I'm probably going to consider myself to make a grief character online as well. Just to try it out. I think it's actually a benefit to get in with other db's and griefers then!!!

If I'm up for that gameplay I want to go all the way as well. With as much as resistance from other db's as well. 

There's just too stuff out there that could prove my point. Seriously this thread is so funny.

If you say you don't think it's fair to become seperated from "the rest" like that, you acknowledge right there in fact that you're the exception to the normal kind of player. So the whole argument about the whole "GTA Online is meant to be played like that and is meant to be played for killing people and destroying eachothers cars" doesn't add up at all. And if it did add up, you wouldn't be the guys that would be seperated lol. You would be the majority.

It's full with win-win scenarios lol. Dumbasses. It's f'ing perfect.

Wich makes a whole argument about this system and a mean discussion about this whole system all the more entertaining lol.

With all the bugs right now at the moment in GTA. And being able to lose all your money out of the blue...

I've probably enjoyed reading the first part of this thread more so than I've been able to enjoy GTA Online at the moment. Thanks for this. Too bad you won't be getting 50$ from me for this though haha. Free entertainment for me. Great.

PS. And if you want to keep the game to 1 character and do everything with it you need to make sure you vary your gameplay in order not to get stuck with a single type of player. Either extremely cooperative and way too serious or a complete db spawnkilling moron. You have to keep it varied. So you can realistically keep on doing that stuff as well. 

Oh well I need to go. But I feel like I didn't even cover half of the stuff that came up in my mind but trust me it was all win win. Typing is too slow to explain it all...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users