Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar, just trolled me... (Bad sport stat)

33 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

So, this guy is chasing me all around town, keeps killing me over and over, (lvl. 50, had a pink AR and supped up Feltzer) I switch servers, he follows me, kills me two more times, we get into a high speed car chase, and I manage to destroy his car. Then I see this:

*You have destroyed someone's personal vehicle and have been charge $1,000 dollars in damages, behave yourself or else!*

(O_O) WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHaaaaaaaaa?

"Oh, oh okay, f*ck me, no, f*ck me I'm sorry." I say aloud to the server as I walk over to the street, and let guy kill me again before starting a private server.

Seriously, this guy griefs me, costs me thousands in hospital bills, (I went from 60k to 48k) and you have the adaucity to call me the asshole for defending myself AND THEN CHARGE ME FOR DEFENDING MYSELF? Okay, okay yeah. /rant y u do dis R*? *Tears of butthurt*

• NothingPersonal likes this

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

It's silly. It really needs to be changed, one time the countdown for a job went in to minus figures so I had to quit and got a Bad Sport message.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-

• Deathwish91 and Brooksburgh like this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

It's a good idea, just poorly implemented.

I'm sure they'll get round to fixing it once the servers are stable. That and the bloody hospital bills.

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

It's already too easy to make cash, if they take out hospital bills then it will be even easier because there will be no way to lose your money.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

No such thing as a level 50 yet nice try

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

It's already too easy to make cash, if they take out hospital bills then it will be even easier because there will be no way to lose your money.

I didn't say take them out, I said fix them. But that's a whole different topic, don't want to derail the thread.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

No such thing as a level 50 yet nice try

You unlock pink camo at lvl. 50, he had pink camo, how else do you explain that? It's not available on the micro transactions, unless it's from the CE.

liv2rok
  • liv2rok

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

So, this guy is chasing me all around town, keeps killing me over and over, (lvl. 50, had a pink AR and supped up Feltzer) I switch servers, he follows me, kills me two more times, we get into a high speed car chase, and I manage to destroy his car. Then I see this:

*You have destroyed someone's personal vehicle and have been charge $1,000 dollars in damages, behave yourself or else!*

(O_O) WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHaaaaaaaaa?

"Oh, oh okay, f*ck me, no, f*ck me I'm sorry." I say aloud to the server as I walk over to the street, and let guy kill me again before starting a private server.

Seriously, this guy griefs me, costs me thousands in hospital bills, (I went from 60k to 48k) and you have the adaucity to call me the asshole for defending myself AND THEN CHARGE ME FOR DEFENDING MYSELF? Okay, okay yeah. /rant y u do dis R*? *Tears of butthurt*

That's crap. They should reimburse you an ban the other guy ^_^ I hate ass holes.

STICKYNOTE
  • STICKYNOTE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Go to passive mode for 100$. No more dying.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Until annoying kids decide to run you over... I like to rig my cars with sticky bombs

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

And run around him giving him the finger

STICKYNOTE
  • STICKYNOTE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

That's the most fun thing to do haha

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:47 AM Edited by 1158, 04 October 2013 - 02:50 AM.

I can only imagine.  Haven't been able to get online yet.  Can't wait.

Way off topic, but can you use passive mode during missions/DM and such?  I hope not.  You wouldn't be able to do anything, but in TDM I could see using passive people as shields lol

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

Yea the bad sport system seems to be implemented pretty badly. Some dude got a 9k bounty on his head. So probably 5 minutes later I see the dude and sticky bomb his car and run off.

Then I get a bad sport for it because I destroyed his car. That's great I get bad sport points for doing what the game is literally telling me to do. Lester is calling me every 5 minutes to tell me to get bounties than when I do I get a bad sportsmanship.

While in another game these 3 dudes where spawn camping me with a helicopter until I switched servers. I don't really care too much greifers are gonna greif life goes on. its just hilarious that spawn camping with superior weapons, vehicles, and numbers is A OK but if you have the audacity to sticky bomb a bounty targets car. Well that's a big no no.

I'm sure that they will get this stuff sorted out but some of it seems like they didn't even think things through when they made the system. Whatever though I've gotten 2k free dollars from being a good sport so that's something. Weird system Is weird.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

I considered doing that, but my passive's been really buggy. One time, after I ended passive mode, I could be killed again, but every time I placed my cross-hairs over another player, it wouldn't let me shoot, then another time DURING passive mode I was still able to be killed... I think it may need a patch.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

I had a guy randomly chase me last night, I was in passive mode, but that doesn't work in cars....

I headed to the nearest clothes shop, parked the car and jumped on the roof. He followed me into the car park, and I proceeded with the obligatory jerk off motion for a minute or two until he got sick of ramming my car and left.

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

Agreed, destroying someone's car should not be a bad sport. Sure make the person who destroyed it pay the insurance, but being a bad sport for it is just absurd.

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I shot this guy who was shooting at me, and I DIDN'T get a bad sport warning. Why? Because I didn't do a mass-revenge tactic like the OP did. Just shot him and didn't destroy his vehicle or anything like that.  :facedesk:

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I had a guy randomly chase me last night, I was in passive mode, but that doesn't work in cars....

I headed to the nearest clothes shop, parked the car and jumped on the roof. He followed me into the car park, and I proceeded with the obligatory jerk off motion for a minute or two until he got sick of ramming my car and left.

Excellent.  If he had blown up your car would you have died?  Do explosions still kill you in passive mode?

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Someone tried to f*ck with me online by running me over and managed to kill me. I challenged his bitch ass to a death match, 5-2'd him, and stole his car. LMAO

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

I shot this guy who was shooting at me, and I DIDN'T get a bad sport warning. Why? Because I didn't do a mass-revenge tactic like the OP did. Just shot him and didn't destroy his vehicle or anything like that.  :facedesk:

Vehicles respawn, so why the f*ck should destroying someone's vehicle matter?

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

This happened to me also. You should get bad sport points if you go around killing everyone you see... For some reason it's only if you destroy someones vehicle, come on. Also how the f*ck is that dude level 50 already. 

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

That was the OP did, destroy his vehicle and he got the bad sport thingy. I didn't even try to destroy his vehicle.

And by your question, destroying peoples personal vehicles is considered griefing, since you're destroying people's Personal vehicles.

big slug
  • big slug

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

Because it's their personal vehicle and they have to pay for it respawning. Someone pulled up next to me and honked their horn so I jumped in with them to see what they wanted to do, they go to LS Customs and I'm sat there waiting for ages unable to do anything other than quit out which I couldn't be bothered with so I just waited it out and the first chance I got when they stopped for something, I jumped in the drivers seat, took it up to the hills & covered it in petrol. I was gutted I got a bad sport as I had seen that concept but presumed it would be just for people quitting out early in missions etc.
Since then though I've tried not to be a dick in general although it is massively fun to blast players running out of stores with a bag full of cash

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

you can always wreck there car, Pop tyres, smash glass, damage body work. Does the same kind of job.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

It wasn't a massive revenge tactic... (-_-') He was chasing me, shooting at me, so I shot back, his car took enough damage to light on fire as a result.

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

It's stupid. f*ck, it was a good concept. But horribly implemented, did R* even think on this? 

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

That was the OP did, destroy his vehicle and he got the bad sport thingy. I didn't even try to destroy his vehicle.

And by your question, destroying peoples personal vehicles is considered griefing, since you're destroying people's Personal vehicles.

Oh, boo hoo. It isn't griefing. If I'm attacked by someone who is driving around, and I am able to blow them up and their precious car, you're damn right I will. 
This is GTA. 

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

Seems like there needs to be a BS Hunter crew to hunt BS (Bad Sport) players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users