Starting a Crew From Scratch

9 replies to this topic
Capn_Bonecrunch
  • Capn_Bonecrunch

Incestuous Cannibal Kinda Guy

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hello all,

I figure this would get me more replies than posting in some other thread, soo...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who started a crew for GTA Online who is wondering: how in the hell do you get members? I've seen plenty of people begging others to join their crew advertising their crews on here and on the Social Club, but that seems rather pointless and inefficient to me. Make all the promises or cliché slogans you like about how 1337 or LOLRANDUM or xXx666KhaotiK666xXx your crew is - or some other tryhard-sounding BS -, it doesn't matter because you're just a face in the crowd and will get shouted over by everyone else trying to get people in their crews. Best I can figure, the only thing to do is just play the game with who you could get to join your crew at the start (which in my case would only be me since I have no friends who have PS3) and hope you get some recognition. 

Is there anyone who has a moderately successful or populated crew who can give those of us trying to start crews tips on how to get our crew rolling?

STICKYNOTE
  • STICKYNOTE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Play with people in gta inline. Add as friends. Go to online menu and invite to crew. Got 3 people to join in 15 minutes

Capn_Bonecrunch
  • Capn_Bonecrunch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

Play with people in gta inline. Add as friends. Go to online menu and invite to crew. Got 3 people to join in 15 minutes

I'm bad at making friends. I need minions.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

Just join mine.  Lolz.

But seriously, like you said, advertise to your friends first.

Also, I noticed a huge jump in membership when peeps online noticed I was actually playing missions.

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Just join mine.  Lolz.

Also, I noticed a huge jump in membership when peeps online noticed I was actually playing missions.

That is probably a big help. 

I'm getting a crew together with the purpose of doing missions together and help each other out (of course with ample death matches).  Crew will not be about griefing unless one of our own are being griefed.

I am also actively looking for smaller crews that are about doing missions and having fun.

Capn_Bonecrunch
  • Capn_Bonecrunch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by Capn_Bonecrunch, 04 October 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Just join mine.  Lolz.

That is probably a big help. 

I'm getting a crew together with the purpose of doing missions together and help each other out (of course with ample death matches).  Crew will not be about griefing unless one of our own are being griefed.

I am also actively looking for smaller crews that are about doing missions and having fun.

Having no friends on PSN makes it a lot harder to get things off the ground, but I guess you both make good points. It's been awhile since I've played any games online, so having to grind and *shudder* make friends in this setting is something I have to get used to again I suppose.

STICKYNOTE
  • STICKYNOTE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

You can join armored car crooks. We do a lot of missions

STICKYNOTE
  • STICKYNOTE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Also if you want to do missions and get more rp- use crew members more people and change difficulty to hard

Capn_Bonecrunch
  • Capn_Bonecrunch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Thanks but I don't subordinate my own crew to join others. Nothing personal.

Also if you want to do missions and get more rp- use crew members more people and change difficulty to hard

I'm aware but thanks.

STICKYNOTE
  • STICKYNOTE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

Thanks but I don't subordinate my own crew to join others. Nothing personal.

I'm aware but thanks.

You can join up to 4 other crews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users