Why this game is receiving alot of hate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic
Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Thebull94 laying the pipe down on the these fanboy pussies. 

Keep it up Brahh. +1 :cookie:

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Let me put it in a simple analogy:

Stores prepare weeks, and sometimes months ahead for Black Friday. And yet, there's still huge lines and waits. It cannot be avoided. It happens. No matter how many cashiers you put on registers, the line is gonna be huge and slow.

The same is happening with GTA:Online, except instead of only 1 day of Black Friday, Black Friday lasts for a while. It's not as straight-forward as some of you guys, like Bull, think. Just because they had 2 weeks, doesn't mean it was gonna be perfect. I can assure you, if they didn't wait 2 weeks, the launch would be a whole of a lot worse.

f*ck it I have already argued this. So I will just ask you a simple question / questions.

1. Why didnt GTA IV f*ck up? Same player count with both games? 

2. Why didnt RDR f*ck up?

3. Why Can BF3-4 operate better than this on release date? (Same player count and I acknowledge that they are different games but the problem was with a lack of servers nothing to do with hardware limitations i.e GTA V's world was too big etc)

4. Why can Cod games operate good on release day?

Why is it massive games usually f*ck up bad due to the Developer trying to maximize profit by taking the cheap and easiest way out possible? (Not hiring enough servers pmfsl please that "Didnt know many people would play our billion dollar game" is BS)

Look at diablo 3. Over hyped too f*ck, greedy developers = f*ck up on launch

GTAO well you get the point.

EDIT: Lol just noticed you said "Ofc it wouldnt be perfect"

Perfect? lol it was not 'playable' never mind perfection. haha!

P.S your analogy is stupid. The reason lines are massive is due to a limited amount of workers with sh*tty experience due to greedy corporations / owners. So if anything your analogy proves my point that R* were simply lazy,

1) GTA 4 sold 3.6 million on day one, and that's when multiplayer released. GTA 5 had (I heard, don't know if true) sold 33 million by the time GTA:O released. Quite a big difference there.

2) RDR was also a lot smaller. 550,000 copies sold on day one. 550,000 is also quite different from 33 million. Plus, there was lag when it released (Or my internet was sh*tty, don't remember).

3) Same player count? BF3 sold 5 million copies in one week (I couldn't find a day one number), once again nowhere near the amount GTA 5 had upon multiplayer release. Also, you kinda answered your own question in your acknowledgement. They're different games, and you really can't compare them. One's open world and one's not. That makes a big difference.

4) I wouldn't say good, they lag like a motherf*cker on release, and it's harder to find a game, but it is playable. And the reason for this is that the servers don't have to do nearly as much as GTA or BF servers have to. It's a small map, with only 12 people (Up to 16 I think). No destruction, etc. You can fit a lot more people on a single server, because that server doesn't have as much to do as other servers. And yet, that doesn't solve the lag problem they have. Problems are inevitable.

And you guys think that 2 weeks would allow them to make everything perfect. That's not how it works. First of all, R* doesn't get that billion dollars instantly. And on top of that, that billion dollars is just revenue. It's not profit. And the day one sales include pre-order sales, so almost $300 million of that $800 million sold on day one was just pre-orders. Secondly, it's not like they just pick up a server from a store, plug it in, and have it work. You have to program it, test it, etc. That takes a couple days. Yes, companies usually lowball the servers they need, but that's just business. They could've avoided this problem by buying a mass surplus of servers, but that's not how you run a business. That's literally business retardation, because you waste a sh*tton of money on servers you're not gonna use. 

And my analogy is not stupid. It makes sense, and portrays the situation perfectly. No matter how much you prepare for something that you know is coming, things are always gonna be tough, and there's always gonna be problems. R* even said that they were gonna have problems.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by Thebull94, 06 October 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Stores prepare weeks, and sometimes months ahead for Black Friday. And yet, there's still huge lines and waits. It cannot be avoided. It happens. No matter how many cashiers you put on registers, the line is gonna be huge and slow.

The same is happening with GTA:Online, except instead of only 1 day of Black Friday, Black Friday lasts for a while. It's not as straight-forward as some of you guys, like Bull, think. Just because they had 2 weeks, doesn't mean it was gonna be perfect. I can assure you, if they didn't wait 2 weeks, the launch would be a whole of a lot worse.

f*ck it I have already argued this. So I will just ask you a simple question / questions.

3. Why Can BF3-4 operate better than this on release date? (Same player count and I acknowledge that they are different games but the problem was with a lack of servers nothing to do with hardware limitations i.e GTA V's world was too big etc)

Why is it massive games usually f*ck up bad due to the Developer trying to maximize profit by taking the cheap and easiest way out possible? (Not hiring enough servers pmfsl please that "Didnt know many people would play our billion dollar game" is BS)

P.S your analogy is stupid. The reason lines are massive is due to a limited amount of workers with sh*tty experience due to greedy corporations / owners. So if anything your analogy proves my point that R* were simply lazy,

1) GTA 4 sold 3.6 million on day one, and that's when multiplayer released. GTA 5 had (I heard, don't know if true) sold 33 million by the time GTA:O released. Quite a big difference there.

2) RDR was also a lot smaller. 550,000 copies sold on day one. 550,000 is also quite different from 33 million. Plus, there was lag when it released (Or my internet was sh*tty, don't remember).

3) Same player count? BF3 sold 5 million copies in one week (I couldn't find a day one number), once again nowhere near the amount GTA 5 had upon multiplayer release. Also, you kinda answered your own question in your acknowledgement. They're different games, and you really can't compare them. One's open world and one's not. That makes a big difference.

4) I wouldn't say good, they lag like a motherf*cker on release, and it's harder to find a game, but it is playable. And the reason for this is that the servers don't have to do nearly as much as GTA or BF servers have to. It's a small map, with only 12 people (Up to 16 I think). No destruction, etc. You can fit a lot more people on a single server, because that server doesn't have as much to do as other servers. And yet, that doesn't solve the lag problem they have. Problems are inevitable.

And you guys think that 2 weeks would allow them to make everything perfect. That's not how it works. First of all, R* doesn't get that billion dollars instantly. And on top of that, that billion dollars is just revenue. It's not profit. And the day one sales include pre-order sales, so almost $300 million of that $800 million sold on day one was just pre-orders. Secondly, it's not like they just pick up a server from a store, plug it in, and have it work. You have to program it, test it, etc. That takes a couple days. Yes, companies usually lowball the servers they need, but that's just business. They could've avoided this problem by buying a mass surplus of servers, but that's not how you run a business. That's literally business retardation, because you waste a sh*tton of money on servers you're not gonna use. 

And my analogy is not stupid. It makes sense, and portrays the situation perfectly. No matter how much you prepare for something that you know is coming, things are always gonna be tough, and there's always gonna be problems. R* even said that they were gonna have problems.

1. Exactly you do not know you heard. Also thats the difference GTA IV's online came hand in hand with the game yet still did not f*ck up even half as bad as V despite V having a much higher budget, longer development life cycle AND a further two week delay SPECIFICALLY for the online.

Point 1 destroyed.

2. DM refer to point 1. 

3. Dude your comparing the amount of games sold on 1 day (BF3) to the amount of game units sold over 2 weeks (GTAO). Are you retarded?

Oh wait. I see what you are insinuating. You mean that because less players were playing GTA IV when it first came out then that explains why V  f*cked up so badly?

Ok answer these questions.

1. Why would R* a developer, a business expert delay the game by 2 weeks if it wasnt going to benefit from it and infact which I think you are insinuating has hindered it due to the player count being larger than they expected?

2. Rockstar sold 1 billion dollars worth of copies in 3 days. So why did they not see that after another 11 days they will have ALOT of players on there servers? Why could they not delay it further, to save them from this major f*ck up?

Do you have more business prowess / expertise than R*? Do you think they did not know what they were doing in delaying it by 2 weeks? Do you really think this multi billion organisation did not know that they would have high server traffic? Do you believe in the tooth fairy?

Also what I mean by same player count is 16/16 players on a server. Some people seem to think GTA V had double GTA IV's player count which is a complete and utter fabrication.

I will let you be now as you seem to have more business knowledge than R* and I would like to be your friend as you are likely to become a billionaire in the future. Add me on Life Invader!

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Thebull94 laying the pipe down on the these fanboy pussies. 

Keep it up Brahh. +1 :cookie:

Your damn right cuzz

<3333 4evermirin

leroy1985
  • leroy1985

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

what i don't like about GTA V:

the fact that rockstar don't give a sh*t about SP anymore. it's all GTA O. they've cut a lot of features out of GTA V and made they exclusive for GTA O. 

- Car Insurance/Tracking

- Inventory System (eating food, smoking, wearing masks etc)

- Quick GPS system

- Larger map view without pausing the game

- Easier to evade police

- Map markers for stores that can be robbed.

- Robbing stores gives more money

- Purchasable garages/safehouses/apartments

Who knows what else they've cut from V to make exclusive in Online.

THIS

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

1. Exactly you do not know you heard. Also thats the difference GTA IV's online came hand in hand with the game yet still did not f*ck up even half as bad as V despite V having a much higher budget, longer development life cycle AND a further two week delay SPECIFICALLY for the online.

Point 1 destroyed.

2. DM refer to point 1. 

3. Dude your comparing the amount of games sold on 1 day (BF3) to the amount of game units sold over 2 weeks (GTAO). Are you retarded?

Oh wait. I see what you are insinuating. You mean that because less players were playing GTA IV when it first came out then that explains why V  f*cked up so badly?

Ok answer these questions.

1. Why would R* a developer, a business expert delay the game by 2 weeks if it wasnt going to benefit from it and infact which I think you are insinuating has hindered it due to the player count being larger than they expected?

2. Rockstar sold 1 billion dollars worth of copies in 3 days. So why did they not see that after another 11 days they will have ALOT of players on there servers? Why could they not delay it further, to save them from this major f*ck up?

Do you have more business prowess / expertise than R*? Do you think they did not know what they were doing in delaying it by 2 weeks? Do you really think this multi billion organisation did not know that they would have high server traffic? Do you believe in the tooth fairy?

Also what I mean by same player count is 16/16 players on a server. Some people seem to think GTA V had double GTA IV's player count which is a complete and utter fabrication.

I will let you be now as you seem to have more business knowledge than R* and I would like to be your friend as you are likely to become a billionaire in the future. Add me on Life Invader!

I'm gonna skip the first part of your comment, since you edited and understood what I was saying.

1) No one but R* knows why they delayed it by 2 weeks. The answer that's most logical and makes the most sense is to use it as a data source. Like I said, they sold 33 million copies by the time GTA:O released, so they used as a template for their servers. You don't buy servers for 33 million people, because not all 33 million are gonna be playing multiplayer. They made a guess on how many people were gonna play it, (Let's use an example, and say they thought 15 million were gonna play it), and they were wrong (Let's say 23 million actually played it). So, you have 8 million unaccounted for users, and that's what leads to the server troubles we're experiencing right now. They then use the data they collect over the next few days of launch, see what the highest number is, and buy servers to accommodate those people. The reason they did not delay it further is because it would only cause more problems, and probably not even fix the problem they're having now. Like I said, they don't know how many people are gonna play multiplayer, they can only guess. If they delayed again, all that means is more people are gonna buy the game, and more people are gonna join the game. So, we come to the same problem we had before, but it's possibly worse. On top of that, it'd make fans more unhappy, and then to give them server troubles after that would only make it worse. GTA:O didn't have a beta, so there was no way to possibly know how much they needed. Like I said before, if they bought servers for the amount of copies they sold, they'd have too many servers, and it'd be a waste of money. You don't waste money if you're a company. That's why you get fired very, very easily in the world of business if you f*ck up.

I answered both your questions in my #1, so now for the rest.

"Do you have more business prowess / expertise than R*?"

It's not about business prowess or anything like that. Business has a set of universal laws that every business follows.

And business classes.

"Do you think they did not know what they were doing in delaying it by 2 weeks?"

They knew exactly what they were doing. If they hadn't delayed it 2 weeks, then they would have no info other than a wild guess that's backed up by only pre-orders, which was less than half the actual amount of copies sold on day one. The problems would be worse, because the problems would last longer while R* scrambles to get info on their sales, on top of everything else.

"Do you really think this multi billion organisation did not know that they would have high server traffic?"

Of course they knew they'd have high traffic. How much high traffic is what they didn't know though. They had to buy the amount of servers they think they needed, but not how much they needed for every copy, because like I said before, that's a waste of money, and you don't waste money.

"Do you believe in the tooth fairy?"

That's between me and her.

"Also what I mean by same player count is 16/16 players on a server."

Oooh, ok, that makes sense now. My original points still stand though; there was a LOT less people playing on the previous games. Plus, the maps either were smaller, or didn't have as much to do. As an example,the server could save a lot of bandwidth with having 5 less activities.

"Some people seem to think GTA V had double GTA IV's player count which is a complete and utter fabrication."

Who thought that? Lol.

"Add me on Life Invader!"

Will do. Just let me invent it first :)

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by Thebull94, 06 October 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Dude your whole first point (the massive paragraph) is all speculation and theory. You have no basis to form your theory around so why it exists is beyond me.

Now to the more important stuff.

1. It's not about business prowess or anything like that. Business has a set of universal laws that every business follows.

And business classes.

Actually it is. You are insinuating that the 2 week delay worked against R* due to more people having purchase GTA V during the two weeks, I am merely saying why would R* delay it by 2 weeks and not simply release it day 1 if it would have worked against them? I mean if you can see how that worked against them I am sure R* the multi billion dollar company would have saw it coming too?

The only justifiable reasons are

• They consciously released an unfinished product
  • They were lazy and looked for the cheapest route possible
  • They thought they would have there sh*t together by two weeks, didnt then thought f*ck it lets give them this unfinished mess of an online.

Either one of those dictates their incompetence.

They knew exactly what they were doing. If they hadn't delayed it 2 weeks, then they would have no info other than a wild guess that's backed up by only pre-orders, which was less than half the actual amount of copies sold on day one. The problems would be worse, because the problems would last longer while R* scrambles to get info on their sales, on top of everything else.

Now look what you are saying. You are saying if they had not delayed it by two weeks they would have had an even harder time knowing the correct amount of servers to make.

This makes me bring up the previous question of:

How did GTA IV work fine then if they had limited knowledge of what to expect?

Same with RDR

Same with BF3

Same with BF4 beta

Same with all the CODs

Why is it GTA V and Diablo 3 (lolwut Diablo 3? listen Ill explain the comparison), two massively hyped games owned by what I now believe them to be (and I dont blame them, any business who does not seek a major profit automatically fails at life srs) extremely greedy Developers and publishers. It seems to be a big coincidence huh?

Of course they knew they'd have high traffic. How much high traffic is what they didn't know though. They had to buy the amount of servers they think they needed, but not how much they needed for every copy, because like I said before, that's a waste of money, and you don't waste money.

Well why did this problem of predicting traffic not happen to the previous GTA game, RDR, Battlefield games and COD. If delaying by two weeks was so they could have a better understanding of the server traffic why is it these other games managed to predict the traffic successfully without any 2 week delays and on nowhere near the same production values / insane budget.

Who thought that? Lol.

Marizzcos. Page 3 of this thread.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by Masterfocker, 06 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

Dude your whole first point (the massive paragraph) is all speculation and theory. You have no basis to form your theory around so why it exists is beyond me.

1. It's not about business prowess or anything like that. Business has a set of universal laws that every business follows.

And business classes.

Actually it is. You are insinuating that the 2 week delay worked against R* due to more people having purchase GTA V during the two weeks, I am merely saying why would R* delay it by 2 weeks and not simply release it day 1 if it would have worked against them? I mean if you can see how that worked against them I am sure R* the multi billion dollar company would have saw it coming too?

• They thought they would have there sh*t together by two weeks, didnt then thought f*ck it lets give them this unfinished mess of an online.

Now look what you are saying. You are saying if they had not delayed it by two weeks they would have had an even harder time knowing the correct amount of servers to make.

Same with RDR

Same with BF3

Same with BF4 beta

Same with all the CODs

Why is it GTA V and Diablo 3 (lolwut Diablo 3? listen Ill explain the comparison), two massively hyped games owned by what I now believe them to be (and I dont blame them, any business who does not seek a major profit automatically fails at life srs) extremely greedy Developers and publishers. It seems to be a big coincidence huh?

Well why did this problem of predicting traffic not happen to the previous GTA game, RDR, Battlefield games and COD. If delaying by two weeks was so they could have a better understanding of the server traffic why is it these other games managed to predict the traffic successfully without any 2 week delays and on nowhere near the same production values / insane budget.

Who thought that? Lol.

"Dude your whole first point (the massive paragraph) is all speculation and theory. You have no basis to form your theory around so why it exists is beyond me."

Anything that has to do with what R* is doing is all speculation and theory. Unless you're a R* head, you don't know what's going on. Your argument is based off speculation and theory, as is mine. You're saying R* was greedy because online isn't working well, and they had to know what was going on. How do you know? You don't know what's going on at R* right now. No one does.

I'm not even gonna continue if you're not gonna acknowledge my points because they're speculation and theory, because, frankly, that's all we have. It's also what you're basing your argument against me on. There's no argument without it.

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

TheBull bro I've always supported you but...... this guy ^ is tearing you apart.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Jesus f*cking Christ dude give up and stop filling your life with endless childish hate and get the f*ck off.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Agreed on the psychic cops. It's the one thing I truly hate about this game. Kill someone out in the wilderness with no witnesses and you're pretty much guaranteed one star. Also the wait for the cops to stop giving a sh*t about you is unbearable, really needs to be shortened via patch if possible. 

Apart from that I love the game. Don't really care about online, so I've no opinion on that.

imnottpain
  • imnottpain

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for actual constructive criticism. Though I may disagree with some of your points you are making your points validly rather than bashing them relentlessly. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Agreed on the psychic cops. It's the one thing I truly hate about this game. Kill someone out in the wilderness with no witnesses and you're pretty much guaranteed one star. Also the wait for the cops to stop giving a sh*t about you is unbearable, really needs to be shortened via patch if possible. 

Apart from that I love the game. Don't really care about online, so I've no opinion on that.

I heard from someone (I know how stupid that sounds) that animals count as people, so when you kill someone in the wilderness, if there's an animal nearby, they'll 'call' the cops.

I don't know what to think about this, because it totally explains why you get stars in the middle of nowhere, but at the same time, I think R* would know about this, since it's kinda a big deal. And if they did find out after release, you'd think it'd be patched by now.

I dunno, thoughts?

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

And business classes.

Same with RDR

Same with BF3

Same with BF4 beta

Same with all the CODs

Who thought that? Lol.

"Dude your whole first point (the massive paragraph) is all speculation and theory. You have no basis to form your theory around so why it exists is beyond me."

Anything that has to do with what R* is doing is all speculation and theory. Unless you're a R* head, you don't know what's going on. Your argument is based off speculation and theory, as is mine. You're saying R* was greedy because online isn't working well, and they had to know what was going on. How do you know? You don't know what's going on at R* right now. No one does

I'm not even gonna continue if you're not gonna take acknowledge my points because they're speculation and theory, because, frankly, that's all we have. It's also what you're basing your argument against me on. There's no argument without it.

No, no you misunderstood me again.

Here are the reasons your post was speculative gibberish.

You say the following

Gibberish #1: The answer that's most logical and makes the most sense is to use it as a data source.

Gibberish #2: You don't buy servers for 33 million people, because not all 33 million are gonna be playing multiplayer. 

(Ok mr business man, ofc you dont buy servers for the amount of people that bought your game....)

Gibberish #3: They then use the data they collect over the next few days of launch, see what the highest number is, and buy servers to accommodate those people.

All speculation. My theories are more simple and vague (because I do not know wtf R* is thinking now do I?)

1. They took the cheap route to maximize profit (Buy the least amount of servers possible with the hope sh*t didnt hit the fan)

2. They released an unifinished version of the MP as to meet the deadline.

Now my speculation are backed up around facts and questions you have yet to answer.

Here they are again :)

Same with RDR

Same with BF3

Same with BF4 beta

Same with all the CODs

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

This game is NOT receiving a lot of "hate". If you add up all of those who "hate" this game, it is DWARFED by those who DO like it. Just because a small minority can rant, rave and create a lot of noise, doesn't mean it is significant in the big scheme of things.

I don't LOVE everything about this game, but I enjoy it for what it is. It's STILL a great game, in spite of not meeting every tiny whim you can come up with. It just so happens that the vast majority of people dissatisfied with this game end up coming here to complain. In fact, this forum has been flooded with "new" or "recently joined" members, who make up the majority of complainers.

You have a right to complain, and to your opinion, but to claim that the game is receiving a lot of hate is FALSE. This forum only represents a tiny portion of GTA's overall fanbase, and if you look OUTSIDE of this forum, the so called "hate" is even smaller.

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Fuarrr thebull is a god!

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I Like GTA V, apparently That makes me a Rockstar dick rider, Or a Fanboy.

Who would've thought?

lol

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

This game is NOT receiving a lot of "hate". If you add up all of those who "hate" this game, it is DWARFED by those who DO like it. Just because a small minority can rant, rave and create a lot of noise, doesn't mean it is significant in the big scheme of things.
I don't LOVE everything about this game, but I enjoy it for what it is. It's STILL a great game, in spite of not meeting every tiny whim you can come up with. It just so happens that the vast majority of people dissatisfied with this game end up coming here to complain. In fact, this forum has been flooded with "new" or "recently joined" members, who make up the majority of complainers.
You have a right to complain, and to your opinion, but to claim that the game is receiving a lot of hate is FALSE. This forum only represents a tiny portion of GTA's overall fanbase, and if you look OUTSIDE of this forum, the so called "hate" is even smaller.

This is the way I feel too. There are things about GTA V I don't like also, but the positives outweigh the negatives IMO.

I take this game for what it is just like I do with GTA IV. When you look at what R* have done with old hardware it's a true testament really.

Even though I dont like GTA V quite as much as GTA IV it's stil an amazing game in its own right.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by Thebull94, 06 October 2013 - 02:06 PM.

Who would've thought?

lol

I know right? You either criticize aspects about it and are automatically a troll / saints row player or praise it too much and then become a fanboy. Its teh best logic.

Also 73duster believe it or not I agree. I dont 100% hate this game, in a matter of fact me liking it this damn much is why I want a few things sorted out ASAP. Too be honest the online can suck a **** couldnt care R* f*cked up not my problem I bought it for the SP now if they could just patch dem darn COPS! (Refer to my previous topics and posts to know why I want them nerfed before you reply saying "Omfg tere so ez to escapz frum!")

The SP is good albiet depressingly shorter considering the planning missions together amass a good portion of the 69 missions (The heist planning usually take between 1-3 minutes...)

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I hate it, because it is the biggest disappointment that has happened in my entire life.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Who would've thought?

lol

I know right? You either criticize aspects about it and are automatically a troll / saints row player or praise it too much and then become a fanboy. Its teh best logic.

Also 73duster believe it or not I agree. I dont 100% hate this game, in a matter of fact me liking it this damn much is why I want a few things sorted out ASAP. Too be honest the online can suck a **** couldnt care R* f*cked up not my problem I bought it for the SP now if they could just patch dem darn COPS! (Refer to my previous topics and posts to know why I want them nerfed before you reply saying "Omfg tere so ez to escapz frum!")

The SP is good albiet depressingly shorter considering the planning missions together amass a good portion of the 69 missions (The heist planning usually take between 1-3 minutes...)

The main issues I have with the game CAN be easily addressed with PATCHES. That is why I haven't been particularly upset with the game overall, because I believe Rockstar WILL eventually fix or make adjustments where necessary. It's just going to take some time, which doesn't bother me as much as it does others who expect instant solutions to problems on a game of this magnitude.

The police AI is the single biggest issue I have, because it directly affects the freeroam aspect of the game. You can't go on crazy rampages for a decent amount of time before supercops show up. Killing sprees have always been everyone's favorite part of a GTA game after completing the story, and the police AI put a real damper on that. 

The online has NEVER been as important as single player for me, but I look forward to playing it after the issues are sorted out. I KNOW it is not going to be resolved quickly, so I can wait.

Foulcrumb
  • Foulcrumb

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by Foulcrumb, 01 March 2014 - 09:04 PM.

Take away cops SUPER RAMMING.  Only batman's jet engine car could EVER achieve that kind of thrust from top speed to effect the ramming received.

Players loose their special skill when playing online, shouldn't the cops??

Or even better, scale to the level of the player.  Maybe the follow with the tank NEEDS the challenge of an overwhelming police force to keep the game interesting.

It's out of balance to have that against players below level 40ish.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Because there's no other current threads to comment on...

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by Andreas, 01 March 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Please, try to avoid bumping five months old topics, especially the ones like this one that have run their course pages ago. There are newer threads that cover the subject.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users