Photo

Why this game is receiving alot of hate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic
marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by marizzocos, 04 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

what i don't like about GTA V:

the fact that rockstar don't give a sh*t about SP anymore. it's all GTA O. they've cut a lot of features out of GTA V and made they exclusive for GTA O. 

- Car Insurance/Tracking
- Inventory System (eating food, smoking, wearing masks etc)
- Quick GPS system
- Larger map view without pausing the game
- Easier to evade police
- Map markers for stores that can be robbed.
- Robbing stores gives more money
- Purchasable garages/safehouses/apartments

Who knows what else they've cut from V to make exclusive in Online.

gang wars and survival are online exclusive too.

I wouldnt even be angry if the damn online was working properly but since they took stuff out for a mode that doesnt work im pissed...

Dont say they dont care for offline though, its the best gta by far in that aspect

nigidia
  • nigidia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

its arcade game, dont like driving style

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by one55, 04 October 2013 - 12:59 PM.

the fact that rockstar don't give a sh*t about SP anymore. it's all GTA O. they've cut a lot of features out of GTA V and made they exclusive for GTA O. 

- Car Insurance/Tracking
- Quick GPS system
- Easier to evade police

I wouldnt even be angry if the damn online was working properly but since they took stuff out for a mode that doesnt work im pissed...

Dont say they dont care for offline though, its the best gta by far in that aspect

i have to disagree. this is possibly the worst SP GTA game. cops are way too over powered, poor character health, cars damage way too easily, car garages are complicated and confusing, no point purchasing vehicles when you could just steal them and if they explode (doesn't help cars are damaged easily) then they are lost. if it was a stolen car then no problem but paying $1,000,000 for a car then even more to mod it out then losing it sucks, why can't we get insurance which is exclusive in GTA O.

I can't believe I'm saying it but I'd rather just back to playing IV.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

This game is receiving alot of hate, because this new generation of gamer kids are nothing but a bunch of ungrateful, spoiled little brats, who couldn't appreciate a good game if it smacked them in the balls.

And we all know which boring, repetitive, generic FPS franchise to thank for turning them into mindless drones.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

lack of features shown in the game play trailer that were taken out and added for the online..

I'm not sure which features you mean. Care to elaborate?

Because I can't think of anything that was confirmed pre-release that didn't make it in. Confirmed officially by R*, not confirmed by speculating forum people. 

1. Purchaseable safehouses. Watch the gameplay trailer

""You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon.""

Los Santos 'real estate'.

2. A great online experience.

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

- Car Insurance/Tracking
- Quick GPS system
- Easier to evade police

i have to disagree. this is possibly the worst SP GTA game. cops are way too over powered, poor character health, cars damage way too easily, car garages are complicated and confusing, no point purchasing vehicles when you could just steal them and if they explode (doesn't help cars are damaged easily) then they are lost. if it was a stolen car then no problem but paying $1,000,000 for a car then even more to mod it out then losing it sucks, why can't we get insurance which is exclusive in GTA O.

I can't believe I'm saying it but I'd rather just back to playing IV.
Dont agree cops are just realistic, now you have to actually take care instead of staying in front of tanks with an rpg and destroy them... Besides that it beats gta iv by a long shot, so much atvities and big ass map glad this game had so much success... Now all they need to do is fix the online and ill be happy with rockstar

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

V is receiving a lot of hate, not6 just because of online, but because realistic expectations were not met. No interiors. No casionos. Dumbed-down car damage. Psychic cops. No working cranes or stealing vehicles and loading them onto boats or trains. Cannot load anything onto trains. No dog track. The radio is unlistenable. This game should've had it all but R* left too much out again. How do every new GTA have less features. V has more than IV, but that isn't saying much about the quality and usability of those features. It's one miss after another with this game. That's what irks fans. We waited all that time, through the delay and everything else, to find out that they only spent a little over 2 1/2 years developing this game? It shows.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

This game is receiving alot of hate, because this new generation of gamer kids are nothing but a bunch of ungrateful, spoiled little brats, who couldn't appreciate a good game if it smacked them in the balls.

And we all know which boring, repetitive, generic FPS franchise to thank for turning them into mindless drones.

1. No actually it seems like what you 'class' as the new generation is actually the old generation of gamers who remember back in the day when games single player didnt take a major backseat for the Multi player, there were no BS £2 f*cking motorcycle DLC's etc. You are actually the new generation of gamers, a generation who chooses to accept BS thrown in their face (in this case in the form of dysfunctional online which you guys are happy to accept) and we have YOU to thank for f*cking up gaming as a whole.

Long gone are the days of purchasing a game and that was the entirety of the game without BS cut content such as weapons and f*cking vehicles (ways to make a quick buck). Yes dude we have your passive, over grateful ass to thank for that.

Congrats and enjoy GTAO, the overhyped BS that took over 5 years to make with a further 2 weeks to optimize and is still unplayable. Enjoy it your passive ass has earned it.

f*cking sheeps.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

lack of features shown in the game play trailer that were taken out and added for the online..

Because I can't think of anything that was confirmed pre-release that didn't make it in. Confirmed officially by R*, not confirmed by speculating forum people. 

""You decide what to spend your money on, anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate. And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon.""

You really need to know what real estate means.

Purchasing real estate means a certain plot of land, a certain spot on Earth belongs to you and no one can take it from you unless you both go through legal sh*t, which you can in GTAV, you can buy businesses and such.

Also, you really can't say it's not a great online experience if your gripe is ...You not experiencing it.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

People who compare gta v servers to a call of duty or battlefield server are the biggest idiots on this forum... Just proves how much stupid people this forum has

GTA IV and RDR's online didnt f*ck up like this. Care to explain or are you just a pseudo intellectual f*ck who thinks he knows everything?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

If these are the reasons why this game is getting all the hate it's getting, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Online I understand, but the other reason is so minor its ridiculous.

I heard mars is nice this time of year check it out <3 :)

Dude... Losing cops is easy as sh*t and doesn't take time at all. To me it's very clear R* wanted the cop evading system to be like cops on TV. Drive like hell during a police chase and then when you're kinda f*cked, (or not at all) run down an alleyway, climb some stairs, whatever. After that you most likely lost them.

All you have to do to lose two stars is exit your vehicle once they lost sight of you, that's it. If you have 3 or more, just follow the RR tracks until it goes underground. Simple.

I cannot believe the hate for the cops in this game. Police chases are BY FAR the best from any GTA series. They are so intense.

Oh and there have been plenty of times where I talked to cops. Shot someone, blew up a car, and didn't get a wanted level. Sure ill admit it happens more often than any other gta game, but to me that's fun.

I think the complainers are impatient.

Read the first sentence in your post and I have my retard button ready. Reread my f*cking thread you goon. Then read the BOLDED AND HIGHLIGHTED + INCREASED SIZE TEXT. f*cking ape.

The OP is a massive TROLL who routinely tells people to STFU, calls them fa**ot and c*nt, as well as anyone who has anything nice to say about the game a "FANBOY", which is NO different than calling someone a "HATER".

He made some valid points, but anyone who has seen his posting history would laugh at how hypocritical his post really is, in FACT, it's amazing how he has consistently avoided being banned, while others get banned for harmless garbage.

Dude you have been suspended I have not. You are the troll who is R* lap dog I am not. I have multiple private messages from you were you are just saying

"Fag fag fag fag"

f*ck it heres one of them.

Facebook fag
73duster

Gangsta

• photo-thumb-605201.jpg?_r=1378481516
  • Members

Sent 21 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

f*cking FAG.  :lol:

And Another:

My apology
73duster

Gangsta

• photo-thumb-605201.jpg?_r=1378481516
  • Members

Sent 19 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm sorry you are such a f*cking fa**ot.

Go back to sucking cock at the local truckstop men's room, fa**ot.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
f*cking fag.

Now look at it like this. Battlefield 4 f*cking BETA (omfg im a BF player kill me) runs better than this '200+ million budget, 5 year to make + 2 week delay to further optimize' game!. 

So you're comparing a game (Battlefield) that is known for Online to a game (GTA) that is known for SP that now has some online? GTA is more fun singleplayer and thats what GTA is known for in my opinion so the online isn't a big deal but it will get fixed soon enough just have to be patient.

Now come on I find it hilarious how people are actually defending R*'s f*ck up. There main defence is

"Omg be patient its not there fault, they said so!"

1. Patience? Are you f*cking kidding me? 5 years development then a further 2 weeks for what I thought was them refining and optimizing the online (boy was I f*cking wrong) only to attempt to play and basically get cluster f*cked with glitches / bugs and basically elements that rendered the online uplayable. Now look at it like this. Battlefield 4 f*cking BETA (omfg im a BF player kill me) runs better than this '200+ million budget, 5 year to make + 2 week delay to further optimize' game!. 

2. Come on are you really accepting that BS "Gee we didnt think that many people would play our game *blushes*" excuse. They sold 1 billion worth of game copies in 3 f*cking days. You really think they didnt expect a cluster f*ck of players AFTER 2 WEEKS? Exactly 

You really should try developing a big game and adding Online to it then getting millions maybe even billions of people around the world trying to join your servers all at once when you don't have enough servers. Do you know the process it takes them to get new servers for us to play on? No. Do you know how much it costs for the servers? No. So yes they made a billion+ dollars , congratulations to them but that doesn't mean they can get the job done in a day or even 2 weeks. Do they have a billion people working on the game,specifically the Online part? I highly doubt it,so you have to wait for them to fix the bugs so we can play and have fun.w

1. I am comparing the online (beta) of a game to GTAO. Do not give me that sh*t of GTA V is more single player orientated gtfo out here with that BS its Single player took a major back seat for its MP your just another deluded sheep.

2. Dude COD has been preparing there MP for f*cking years with no major f*ck ups like this. Same with battlefield, Fifa and more games. What makes GTA so special that you choose to accept and tolerate R* corporate cock without even asking for lube first?

Get the f*ck out my thread this was designed for people with half a brain.

Jesus f*cking Christ you're the most childish person on these forums.

• Ferocious Banger and ten-a-penny like this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Purchasing real estate means a certain plot of land, a certain spot on Earth belongs to you and no one can take it from you unless you both go through legal sh*t, which you can in GTAV, you can buy businesses and such.

Also, you really can't say it's not a great online experience if your gripe is ...You not experiencing it.

1. Real estate definition:

1. real estate  
    Web definitions
    real property: property consisting of houses and land.

Notice the word 'houses'.

2. Yes I can say the online is lacking if it is not working. Are you retarded? If something does not work should we class it as amazing? What type of f*cking dumb ass logic is that?

3. Why the f*ck are you defending R* explain. I am curious, What obligation are you trying to fulfill?

Oh yea read the previews prior to the announcement of GTAO. They specifically confirm that safe houses will be purchaseable. Or simply search it on the forums do your own research son.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

"Jesus f*cking Christ you're the most childish person on these forums" - IDredman

I am childish?

here are your last topics:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063576421

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063561631

You are f*cking talking aliens you hypocritical ape.

Now f*ck off.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

1. real estate  
    Web definitions

2. Yes I can say the online is lacking if it is not working. Are you retarded? If something does not work should we class it as amazing? What type of f*cking dumb ass logic is that?

3. Why the f*ck are you defending R* explain. I am curious, What obligation are you trying to fulfill?

Oh yea read the previews prior to the announcement of GTAO. They specifically confirm that safe houses will be purchaseable. Or simply search it on the forums do your own research son.

1. And notice the word 'land' you f*cking idiot.

2. You're bashing something you haven't experienced and your reason is you not experiencing it, you should be bashing the cause, not the thing itself, if you bashed the servers that'd be fine but 'Unenjoyable Online' isn't really correct.

And really, if you take a previewer's handsoff speculation (Never did they purchase a safehouse, they just said it because I don't f*cken know) then you're as retarded as anyone who hasn't already figured out you're a troll.

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

The reason it is recieving so much hate is because it is the most sold game in the history of games. 8 hundred million dollars in sales.....

There is so much hate, because of all the people.

Plus when has a game been perfect? There are always going to be flaws.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

"Jesus f*cking Christ you're the most childish person on these forums" - IDredman

I am childish?

here are your last topics:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063576421

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063561631

You are f*cking talking aliens you hypocritical ape.

Now f*ck off.

Apparently being interested in aliens is childish while acting the way you are isn't.

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by marizzocos, 04 October 2013 - 01:32 PM.

People who compare gta v servers to a call of duty or battlefield server are the biggest idiots on this forum... Just proves how much stupid people this forum has

GTA IV and RDR's online didnt f*ck up like this. Care to explain or are you just a pseudo intellectual f*ck who thinks he knows everything?
Are you just stupid or are you f*cking retarded? How can you even compare the blank pointless free roam of those games to the free roam of gtav where you can do everyhing from sp in multiplayer(and more)? And by the way those games dont have half the population gta v has... Do some research before acting like a moron

Sgt.Soldier
  • Sgt.Soldier

Gamer

• Members

1. I am comparing the online (beta) of a game to GTAO. Do not give me that sh*t of GTA V is more single player orientated gtfo out here with that BS its Single player took a major back seat for its MP your just another deluded sheep.

2. Dude COD has been preparing there MP for f*cking years with no major f*ck ups like this. Same with battlefield, Fifa and more games. What makes GTA so special that you choose to accept and tolerate R* corporate cock without even asking for lube first?

Get the f*ck out my thread this was designed for people with half a brain.

1.Doesn't really matter what specific kind of state the game is in. (Official Release or Beta Stages) you're still comparing a game well-known for Online to a game well-known for singleplayer and I would bet most GTA Fans would agree. (Old GTA Fans not New,the New OFC say GTAIV+ would say Online probably)

2.Again same as ^ Well-Known Online Game to a Well-Known SP Game.. 

You mean designed for people with attitudes and the inability to understand the problems rockstar games is experiencing? I have a full brain thanks.

• ten-a-penny likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

- Car Insurance/Tracking
- Quick GPS system
- Easier to evade police

Don't forget one of the most important online feature that will be coming out:

The ability to plan heists anytime

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

1. No actually it seems like what you 'class' as the new generation is actually the old generation of gamers who remember back in the day when games single player didnt take a major backseat for the Multi player, there were no BS £2 f*cking motorcycle DLC's etc. You are actually the new generation of gamers, a generation who chooses to accept BS thrown in their face (in this case in the form of dysfunctional online which you guys are happy to accept) and we have YOU to thank for f*cking up gaming as a whole.

Long gone are the days of purchasing a game and that was the entirety of the game without BS cut content such as weapons and f*cking vehicles (ways to make a quick buck). Yes dude we have your passive, over grateful ass to thank for that.

Congrats and enjoy GTAO, the overhyped BS that took over 5 years to make with a further 2 weeks to optimize and is still unplayable. Enjoy it your passive ass has earned it.

f*cking sheeps.

Er, unlike this new generation of little kiddies, I don't give a f*ck about online. I'll admit, I'm pretty pissed off that R* appears to have focused more on MP than SP, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is one of the best, if not thee best, games I've ever played.

And I get called a "fanboy/R* dickrider/etc" simply because I can appreciate a game for what it is. R* had ambition, and pulled off a great achievement with the core mechanics of this game on 8 year old hardware.

Yet you people still have to whine about the most dumbest sh*t ever...

• ten-a-penny and Sgt.Soldier like this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Its because the call of duty kids didnt get a second cal of duty.
  • Sgt.Soldier likes this

Bsham
  • Bsham

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Bsham, 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I got called a troll, a dumbass, and told to go play Saints Row as I mentioned the aiming could be better in this game

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

f*cking sheeps.

Er, unlike this new generation of little kiddies, I don't give a f*ck about online. I'll admit, I'm pretty pissed off that R* appears to have focused more on MP than SP, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is one of the best, if not thee best, games I've ever played.

And I get called a "fanboy/R* dickrider/etc" simply because I can appreciate a game for what it is. R* had ambition, and pulled off a great achievement with the core mechanics of this game on 8 year old hardware.

Yet you people still have to whine about the most dumbest sh*t ever...

I do not care if you get called a fanboy why are you even telling me that it does not concern me.

Whining about an unplayable aspect of a game that took 5 years + a further 2 weeks delay is not justifiable? Maybe you deserve the fanboy / dickrider status you have obtained.

1. real estate  
    Web definitions

1. And notice the word 'land' you f*cking idiot.

2. You're bashing something you haven't experienced and your reason is you not experiencing it, you should be bashing the cause, not the thing itself, if you bashed the servers that'd be fine but 'Unenjoyable Online' isn't really correct.

And really, if you take a previewer's handsoff speculation (Never did they purchase a safehouse, they just said it because I don't f*cken know) then you're as retarded as anyone who hasn't already figured out you're a troll.

1. Type real estate in google tell me what you see.

2. Yes the word land comes hand in hand with the word house you 'f*cking idiot' You cant have 1 and not the other. That is the truest definition of real estate and Rockstar used that term. Therefore they lied as all you get is a f*cking building that you do the odd job for and cannot enter. 

3. I am bashing something that is inoperable. It does not function. It freeze, cuts out, deletes your character. It IS unenjoyable. It is unenjoyable due to the sheer dysfunction of the mechanic. So my term was used correctly. Just because you have low standards and accept whatever rubbish R* feeds you does not mean I should do the same.

4. No I told you to do some research. If you did you would see the previewer asked rockstar and THEY CONFIRMED THE PURCHASING OF SAFE HOUSES. 

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by Thebull94, 04 October 2013 - 01:37 PM.

I got called a troll, a dumbass, and told to go play Saints Row as I mentioned the aiming could be better in this game

Like I have said before but I shall say it again. This is how the forums work: 

The GTA forums a place where opinions are respected and facts are cherished and valu......

Did that f*cking bitch just say GTA V had psychic cops?

Brb

*doesnt read OP's post*

"Go play Saints row you f*cking fag!"

Die2moshgta
  • Die2moshgta

whaaaaaaaaa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Mom! This kid just called me a fag and told me to play cod.....

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Even with its shortcomings I've pumped well over 70 hours over a save and a bit (started a new save).I'm even liking the story more the second time around.

No game's flawless just like GTA IV wasn't. It seems to me these HD GTAs can't win over some of fans no matter how hard they try to.

This coming from a GTA veteran also. I understand the complaints in regards to GTAO, but it amazes me how some people can't find anything positive about SP.
  • Ferocious Banger, ten-a-penny and Sgt.Soldier like this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by Thebull94, 04 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Mom! This kid just called me a fag and told me to play cod.....

BRO MY JOINED DATE WAS BEFORE YOURS THEREFORE MY OPINION HAS HIGHER GROUND THAN YOURS!

f*cking forum.logic

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Even with its shortcomings I've pumped well over 70 hours over a save and a bit (started a new save).I'm even liking the story more the second time around.

No game's flawless just like GTA IV wasn't. It seems to me these HD GTAs can't win over some of fans no matter how hard they try to.

This coming from a GTA veteran also.

I am curious.

Do you think R* refining the online for over 5 years (They said they began creating it right after GTA IV), then a further 2 week delay (which I assume was for optimizing if not why else delay it?) only for the online to be completely unplayable. THen release the BS excuse off

"We didnt think many people would play our game"

Despite them selling 1 billion dollars worth of copies in 3 days.

Also do you think the psychic cops in the game is acceptable?

Just curious, Srs.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I am curious.

Do you think R* refining the online for over 5 years (They said they began creating it right after GTA IV), then a further 2 week delay (which I assume was for optimizing if not why else delay it?) only for the online to be completely unplayable. THen release the BS excuse off

Just curious, Srs.

I just edited my post, but I don't really find the whole online thing all that acceptable as they had plenty of time to prepare.

As for the psychic cops they can sometimes be annoying, but they're not game breaking atleast for me.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I am curious.

Just curious, Srs.

I just edited my post, but I don't really find the whole online thing all that acceptable as they had plenty of time to prepare.

As for the psychic cops they can sometimes be annoying, but they're not game breaking atleast for me.

Yea thats what I hope people atleast understand. I enjoy the sh*t out of this game. However it seems if you do not find every feature too be 100% perfect (which is 100% not the case as the game is lacking in certain parts) then you are a straight up troll apparently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users