Why this game is receiving alot of hate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic
Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

The main reason is simple. It isnt. (whaaaaat?). The people on this forum class 'negative opinions' / 'valid concerns' as hate. Anything negative said about this game around here is classed as hate. Nobody wants to hear about improvements that Rockstar could make to this game (via simple patches) instead the owner of that thread immediately gets a 'troll' / 'saints row player' (lolwut?) stamped on his head and it gets called a day.

Look at it like this.

The only two legitimate concerns I have with this game are:

The online.

Now come on I find it hilarious how people are actually defending R*'s f*ck up. There main defence is

"Omg be patient its not there fault, they said so!"

1. Patience? Are you f*cking kidding me? 5 years development then a further 2 weeks for what I thought was them refining and optimizing the online (boy was I f*cking wrong) only to attempt to play and basically get cluster f*cked with glitches / bugs and basically elements that rendered the online uplayable. Now look at it like this. Battlefield 4 f*cking BETA (omfg im a BF player kill me) runs better than this '200+ million budget, 5 year to make + 2 week delay to further optimize' game!. 

2. Come on are you really accepting that BS "Gee we didnt think that many people would play our game *blushes*" excuse. They sold 1 billion worth of game copies in 3 f*cking days. You really think they didnt expect a cluster f*ck of players AFTER 2 WEEKS? Exactly 

and my other legitimate concern (might not seem big but it is for me) is the f*cking psychic police online and offline.

Not going to discuss why that is a problem but I am sure the non deluded members of this forum can ATLEAST acknowledge the hilarity that ensues when you silence gun down a hiker ontop of mt chilliad and get wanted with the cops already at the top of the mountain.

The psychic cops have almost ruined the free roam aspect of this game for me. I literally cannot do sh*t without having to evade the cops (which is easy and not the problem. Do not confuse this) and have to wait ages for that 1 or 2 star to disappear (it takes over a minute now for f*ck sake thats just a nuisance).

Another legitimate concern (albiet not a big concern so I do not really care about this one) is how you cannot shoulder swap (to my knowledge) whilst aiming? Wtf it just baffles me as to why the removed this when it was in the previous GTA, RDR, Max payne 3 and La Noire.....

Now that we have cleared that up (this isnt a hate thread believe it or not I enjoy GTA V just do not like how people feel obliged to defend it. It amazes me). Proceed to call me a fag. (Watch as some smart ass replies calling me a fag srs)

• RyanBurnsRed, UltraGizmo64, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

Yeah, i agree that things get a little nasty here with different opinions being automaticly labeled as hate or trolling. A different opinion is just that: A different opinion.

About the rest i don't know because i didn't read lol sorry about it

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

The online and the cops and the lack of features shown in the game play trailer that were taken out and added for the online..

• Zroovy likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, i agree that things get a little nasty here with different opinions being automaticly labeled as hate or trolling. A different opinion is just that: A different opinion.

About the rest i don't know because i didn't read lol sorry about it

Tbh I wouldnt have finished my post neither.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by Woll Smoth, 04 October 2013 - 01:26 AM.

I've only read the first paragraph so far, but I agree with what I've read. You cant even have a proper discussion in this forum. If its not a thread about circle jerkin' Rockstar, then you'll get flamed, called a call of dooty fanboy (I have no idea where this one came from), and called a troll. :/

inb4gobak2callofdooty

Die2moshgta
  • Die2moshgta

whaaaaaaaaa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

The main reason is simple. It isnt. (whaaaaat?). The people on this forum class 'negative opinions' / 'valid concerns' as hate. Anything negative said about this game around here is classed as hate. Nobody wants to hear about improvements that Rockstar could make to this game (via simple patches) instead the owner of that thread immediately gets a 'troll' / 'saints row player' (lolwut?) stamped on his head and it gets called a day.

Look at it like this.

The only two legitimate concerns I have with this game are:

The online.

Now come on I find it hilarious how people are actually defending R*'s f*ck up. There main defence is

1. Patience? Are you f*cking kidding me? 5 years development then a further 2 weeks for what I thought was them refining and optimizing the online (boy was I f*cking wrong) only to attempt to play and basically get cluster f*cked with glitches / bugs and basically elements that rendered the online uplayable. Now look at it like this. Battlefield 4 f*cking BETA (omfg im a BF player kill me) runs better than this '200+ million budget, 5 year to make + 2 week delay to further optimize' game!. 

2. Come on are you really accepting that BS "Gee we didnt think that many people would play our game *blushes*" excuse. They sold 1 billion worth of game copies in 3 f*cking days. You really think they didnt expect a cluster f*ck of players AFTER 2 WEEKS? Exactly 

and my other legitimate concern (might not seem big but it is for me) is the f*cking psychic police online and offline.

Not going to discuss why that is a problem but I am sure the non deluded members of this forum can ATLEAST acknowledge the hilarity that ensues when you silence gun down a hiker ontop of mt chilliad and get wanted with the cops already at the top of the mountain.

The psychic cops have almost ruined the free roam aspect of this game for me. I literally cannot do sh*t without having to evade the cops (which is easy and not the problem. Do not confuse this) and have to wait ages for that 1 or 2 star to disappear (it takes over a minute now for f*ck sake thats just a nuisance).

Another legitimate concern (albiet not a big concern so I do not really care about this one) is how you cannot shoulder swap (to my knowledge) whilst aiming? Wtf it just baffles me as to why the removed this when it was in the previous GTA, RDR, Max payne 3 and La Noire.....

Now that we have cleared that up (this isnt a hate thread believe it or not I enjoy GTA V just do not like how people feel obliged to defend it. It amazes me). Proceed to call me a fag. (Watch as some smart ass replies calling me a fag srs)

Couldn't have said it better. Sums up my exact feelings and opinions so far.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

go bak 2 call of dooty

BroDoYouEvenLift
  • BroDoYouEvenLift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Well at least call of doody multiplayer actually functions.

Die2moshgta
  • Die2moshgta

whaaaaaaaaa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Haahahaahahhahaa. That is true.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

True, haha! 

killuminaughtydog
  • killuminaughtydog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

People have absolutely no problem with stating problems, it's just that some people actually do say these kind of problems with hate. Like f*ck Cockstar! And GTAV is the worst game ever, like come on dude, acknowledge the game for the masterpiece that it is. But yeah, I agree with the OP, those problems bug me too, it really ruins the stealth portion of the game. :/
  • ten-a-penny likes this

RyanEsau
  • RyanEsau

Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:54 AM Edited by Sgt.Soldier, 04 October 2013 - 02:55 AM.

Now look at it like this. Battlefield 4 f*cking BETA (omfg im a BF player kill me) runs better than this '200+ million budget, 5 year to make + 2 week delay to further optimize' game!. 

So you're comparing a game (Battlefield) that is known for Online to a game (GTA) that is known for SP that now has some online? GTA is more fun singleplayer and thats what GTA is known for in my opinion so the online isn't a big deal but it will get fixed soon enough just have to be patient.

You really should try developing a big game and adding Online to it then getting millions maybe even billions of people around the world trying to join your servers all at once when you don't have enough servers. Do you know the process it takes them to get new servers for us to play on? No. Do you know how much it costs for the servers? No. So yes they made a billion+ dollars , congratulations to them but that doesn't mean they can get the job done in a day or even 2 weeks. Do they have a billion people working on the game,specifically the Online part? I highly doubt it,so you have to wait for them to fix the bugs so we can play and have fun.w

• ten-a-penny likes this

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by daggerbomb, 04 October 2013 - 03:31 AM.

u f*cking R* defender motherf*ckers nigga bitch asshole

this guy makes a legitimate point

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by daggerbomb, 04 October 2013 - 03:30 AM.

LEGIT

o wait sorry for double posting forgot to edit my last post sh*t

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

probably because 12 year olds are impatient as  hell and realized the MP is like thier cod games.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

For trying to profit from vulnerable people by selling them in-game money for real money, they should be recieving death, not hate.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

The OP is a massive TROLL who routinely tells people to STFU, calls them fa**ot and c*nt, as well as anyone who has anything nice to say about the game a "FANBOY", which is NO different than calling someone a "HATER".

He made some valid points, but anyone who has seen his posting history would laugh at how hypocritical his post really is, in FACT, it's amazing how he has consistently avoided being banned, while others get banned for harmless garbage.

• theomenofficial, Ferocious Banger and swagbucks like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

I've only read the first paragraph so far, but I agree with what I've read. You cant even have a proper discussion in this forum. If its not a thread about circle jerkin' Rockstar, then you'll get flamed, called a call of dooty fanboy (I have no idea where this one came from), and called a troll. :/

inb4gobak2callofdooty

i agree i've had my threads called stupid etc, even i've been called a nasty name or two over my "stupid" threads where they where sometimes a "what would you do" type of thread or me just voicing an opinion.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Dude... Losing cops is easy as sh*t and doesn't take time at all. To me it's very clear R* wanted the cop evading system to be like cops on TV. Drive like hell during a police chase and then when you're kinda f*cked, (or not at all) run down an alleyway, climb some stairs, whatever. After that you most likely lost them.

All you have to do to lose two stars is exit your vehicle once they lost sight of you, that's it. If you have 3 or more, just follow the RR tracks until it goes underground. Simple.

I cannot believe the hate for the cops in this game. Police chases are BY FAR the best from any GTA series. They are so intense.

Oh and there have been plenty of times where I talked to cops. Shot someone, blew up a car, and didn't get a wanted level. Sure ill admit it happens more often than any other gta game, but to me that's fun.

I think the complainers are impatient.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Sorry, mobile version and don't know how to edit my post. It does NOT take ages to lose the heat. Once you've lost sight just exit your vehicle, if your already running, just steal a car. The cops know you by how you committed a crime. If you did it in a car, leave the car or steal another. It makes losing cops that much easier and quicker.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Dude... Losing cops is easy as sh*t and doesn't take time at all. To me it's very clear R* wanted the cop evading system to be like cops on TV. Drive like hell during a police chase and then when you're kinda f*cked, (or not at all) run down an alleyway, climb some stairs, whatever. After that you most likely lost them.

All you have to do to lose two stars is exit your vehicle once they lost sight of you, that's it. If you have 3 or more, just follow the RR tracks until it goes underground. Simple.

I cannot believe the hate for the cops in this game. Police chases are BY FAR the best from any GTA series. They are so intense.

Oh and there have been plenty of times where I talked to cops. Shot someone, blew up a car, and didn't get a wanted level. Sure ill admit it happens more often than any other gta game, but to me that's fun.

i'm sorry but i don't agree i've had the cops chase me on the freeway after i did a stickup in gtao and i would have a two or three star wanted level and the cops would shoot at me or try to ram me off the road causing me to lose control and endanger other motorist by risking a collision

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

it's getting alot of hate cos it feels like 4.5 as opposed to a fully fledged sequel if it came out 2 yrs ago everyone wou;d would have praised it alot more but 5 & a half yrs for this?  

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

If these are the reasons why this game is getting all the hate it's getting, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Online I understand, but the other reason is so minor its ridiculous.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

If these are the reasons why this game is getting all the hate it's getting, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Online I understand, but the other reason is so minor its ridiculous.

I heard mars is nice this time of year check it out <3 :)

Read the first sentence in your post and I have my retard button ready. Reread my f*cking thread you goon. Then read the BOLDED AND HIGHLIGHTED + INCREASED SIZE TEXT. f*cking ape.

The OP is a massive TROLL who routinely tells people to STFU, calls them fa**ot and c*nt, as well as anyone who has anything nice to say about the game a "FANBOY", which is NO different than calling someone a "HATER".

He made some valid points, but anyone who has seen his posting history would laugh at how hypocritical his post really is, in FACT, it's amazing how he has consistently avoided being banned, while others get banned for harmless garbage.

Dude you have been suspended I have not. You are the troll who is R* lap dog I am not. I have multiple private messages from you were you are just saying

"Fag fag fag fag"

f*ck it heres one of them.

Facebook fag
73duster

Gangsta

• photo-thumb-605201.jpg?_r=1378481516
  • Members

Sent 21 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

f*cking FAG.  :lol:

And Another:

My apology
73duster

Gangsta

• photo-thumb-605201.jpg?_r=1378481516
  • Members

Sent 19 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm sorry you are such a f*cking fa**ot.

Go back to sucking cock at the local truckstop men's room, fa**ot.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
f*cking fag.

Now look at it like this. Battlefield 4 f*cking BETA (omfg im a BF player kill me) runs better than this '200+ million budget, 5 year to make + 2 week delay to further optimize' game!. 

So you're comparing a game (Battlefield) that is known for Online to a game (GTA) that is known for SP that now has some online? GTA is more fun singleplayer and thats what GTA is known for in my opinion so the online isn't a big deal but it will get fixed soon enough just have to be patient.

You really should try developing a big game and adding Online to it then getting millions maybe even billions of people around the world trying to join your servers all at once when you don't have enough servers. Do you know the process it takes them to get new servers for us to play on? No. Do you know how much it costs for the servers? No. So yes they made a billion+ dollars , congratulations to them but that doesn't mean they can get the job done in a day or even 2 weeks. Do they have a billion people working on the game,specifically the Online part? I highly doubt it,so you have to wait for them to fix the bugs so we can play and have fun.w

1. I am comparing the online (beta) of a game to GTAO. Do not give me that sh*t of GTA V is more single player orientated gtfo out here with that BS its Single player took a major back seat for its MP your just another deluded sheep.

2. Dude COD has been preparing there MP for f*cking years with no major f*ck ups like this. Same with battlefield, Fifa and more games. What makes GTA so special that you choose to accept and tolerate R* corporate cock without even asking for lube first?

Get the f*ck out my thread this was designed for people with half a brain.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, no.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, no.

f*ck off and play saints row troll.

Die2moshgta
  • Die2moshgta

whaaaaaaaaa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

May not know how to develop games but they have admitted to working on GTA online since gta4

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

People who compare gta v servers to a call of duty or battlefield server are the biggest idiots on this forum... Just proves how much stupid people this forum has

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

lack of features shown in the game play trailer that were taken out and added for the online..

I'm not sure which features you mean. Care to elaborate?

Because I can't think of anything that was confirmed pre-release that didn't make it in. Confirmed officially by R*, not confirmed by speculating forum people. 

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

what i don't like about GTA V:

the fact that rockstar don't give a sh*t about SP anymore. it's all GTA O. they've cut a lot of features out of GTA V and made they exclusive for GTA O. 

- Car Insurance/Tracking

- Inventory System (eating food, smoking, wearing masks etc)

- Quick GPS system

- Larger map view without pausing the game

- Easier to evade police

- Map markers for stores that can be robbed.

- Robbing stores gives more money

- Purchasable garages/safehouses/apartments

Who knows what else they've cut from V to make exclusive in Online.

• bish0p2004 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users