Rare/Unique Helicopters

79 replies to this topic
S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

ok thanks

i assumed that was the case based on my experience with other planes but appreciate the verification since confirming it myself would take some time considering it can only be done during that missions

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

We can acquire a Police maverick without stole one, just switching to trevor after the mission 'eye in the sky' or something like...

After we delivered the type Z with franklin and end the mission, just be fast and switch to T.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:32 AM

We can acquire a Police maverick without stole one, just switching to trevor after the mission 'eye in the sky' or something like...

After we delivered the type Z with franklin and end the mission, just be fast and switch to T.

True, however if you've already completed the mission, you won't be able to save it if the mission is a replay.

Officer Jernigan
  • Officer Jernigan

Los Santos Police Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

anyone know the exact in game color of the lifeguard Frogger I'm gonna just mod it into my helipad

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:01 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 07 March 2015 - 11:01 PM.

anyone know the exact in game color of the lifeguard Frogger I'm gonna just mod it into my helipad

Prior to switching to Xbox One, the I opened a saved game where I had the "Lifeguard Frogger" owned at a helipad.

Opening the save with the save editor (360) revealed the color to be Lime Green.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:08 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 09 March 2015 - 11:33 PM.

By the way, love how someone on the gtawiki intentionally changed all color descriptions of the "Lifeguard Frogger" as lifeguard-yellow AGAIN.

It's not, it's registered as Lime Green, not yellow of any fashion. It can look yellow depending on the weather, but it's Lime Freakin Green.

Spotlight White Frogger updated with helipad saved picture.

All current & furture updates are on the next gen consoles, since the old gens have the save editor.

WRXSTiFan
  • WRXSTiFan

"Crazy Redneck"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'd like to get a bit more elaboration on the "Buzzard Strike" tactic. When you mention "forced to land", does that mean a crash-landing? Or does the pilot actually land the helicopter?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:09 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 13 March 2015 - 10:12 PM.

I'd like to get a bit more elaboration on the "Buzzard Strike" tactic. When you mention "forced to land", does that mean a crash-landing? Or does the pilot actually land the helicopter?

Neither really, damaging the helicopter just enough that the engine will fail on it's own over time.

The more you damage it, the less time it takes for it to go into a forced landing, however you'll have less time to perform the switch repair trick once it's grounded. If the helicopter completely shuts down prior to the repair, it'll disappear. The pilot bailing out on his own is a signal that it's too late.

WRXSTiFan
  • WRXSTiFan

"Crazy Redneck"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:15 PM Edited by WRXSTiFan, 13 March 2015 - 10:16 PM.

Neither really, damaging the helicopter just enough that the engine will fail on it's own over time.

The more you damage it, the less time it takes for it to go into a forced landing, however you'll have less time to perform the switch repair trick once it's grounded. If the helicopter completely shuts down prior to the repair, it'll disappear. The pilot bailing out on his own is a signal that it's too late.

So my best bet to get the Lifeguard Frogger is to slowly damage it over time so it will gradually lost alititude and eventually land? Why will it be unacessible after it lands unless it explodes? Is it because the original pilot is the only one who can run it unless the player takes over by force before the pilot exists himself?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:24 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 13 March 2015 - 10:27 PM.

So my best bet to get the Lifeguard Frogger is to slowly damage it over time so it will gradually lost alititude and eventually land? Why will it be unacessible after it lands unless it explodes? Is it because the original pilot is the only one who can run it unless the player takes over by force before the pilot exists himself?

Not damage it over time, just deal few bursts to it intially.

After a minute or two, you'll know you've done the required minimal damage when the rotors briefly slow down.

After that it'll gradually lose alititude &  the rotors will slow more often until it just slowly drops almost straight down in a controlled fashion.

My opinion:

Scare it out to the desert/country side.

Then going along it's right & left sides to scare (herd) it in circles around the desert area until it lands.

Again depending on how badly you damage it, it could take up to 10 minutes before it'll land.

However you can speed up the process by damaging it more, however you'll have alot less time to perform the repair trick once it's down.

As it starts to land/lower, try to predict where it's coming down & be on the ground prior.

Working on getting a "how to" video up soon.

As well, until they get the recent update bugs fixed, you may just want to make a save file with your character flying it for now.

Some people are losing saved helipad helicopters currently.

WRXSTiFan
  • WRXSTiFan

"Crazy Redneck"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

Not damage it over time, just deal few bursts to it intially.

After a minute or two, you'll know you've done the required minimal damage when the rotors briefly slow down.

After that it'll gradually lose alititude &  the rotors will slow more often until it just slowly drops almost straight down in a controlled fashion.

My opinion:

Scare it out to the desert/country side.

Then going along it's right & left sides to scare (herd) it in circles around the desert area until it lands.

Again depending on how badly you damage it, it could take up to 10 minutes before it'll land.

However you can speed up the process by damaging it more, however you'll have alot less time to perform the repair trick once it's down.

As it starts to land/lower, try to predict where it's coming down & be on the ground prior.

Working on getting a "how to" video up soon.

As well, until they get the recent update bugs fixed, you may just want to make a save file with your character flying it for now.

Some people are losing saved helipad helicopters currently.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. But what was that about saved helicopters? I thought helicopters/planes that were not purchased could not be saved at helipads/in hangars.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:06 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 13 March 2015 - 11:06 PM.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. But what was that about saved helicopters? I thought helicopters/planes that were not purchased could not be saved at helipads/in hangars.

Yes non-purchased helicopters can be saved, HOWEVER:

Switching to a purchased helicopter will remove the aquired helicopter completely, so you'd have to go get it again.

If you already have a purchased helicopter present on your helipad when you arrive with the aquired one, simply move the purchased one off, land the aquired one on the helipad & walk away. The aquired helicopter will spawn saved on the helipad when you come back.

Recommend you make a save before getting out though, just in case you land incorrectly or there is some brief loading glitch/bug.

WRXSTiFan
  • WRXSTiFan

"Crazy Redneck"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

Yes non-purchased helicopters can be saved, HOWEVER:

Switching to a purchased helicopter will remove the aquired helicopter completely, so you'd have to go get it again.

If you already have a purchased helicopter present on your helipad when you arrive with the aquired one, simply move the purchased one off, land the aquired one on the helipad & walk away. The aquired helicopter will spawn saved on the helipad when you come back.

Recommend you make a save before getting out though, just in case you land incorrectly or there is some brief loading glitch/bug.

Alright. Is the spawn function the same for planes in hangars? From past experience, on the Xbox One, the P-996, Velum, and Mammatus never correctly register in Michael's hangar at LSIA.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:58 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 14 March 2015 - 12:59 AM.

Alright. Is the spawn function the same for planes in hangars? From past experience, on the Xbox One, the P-996, Velum, and Mammatus never correctly register in Michael's hangar at LSIA.

Yes.

Until the bugs are fixed, I wouldn't count on anything saving for sure in hangars though.

However currently on the X1, I'm able to store a Lazer in Michael's hangar, so I would assume anyone else can as well.

WRXSTiFan
  • WRXSTiFan

"Crazy Redneck"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

Yes.

Until the bugs are fixed, I wouldn't count on anything saving for sure in hangars though.

However currently on the X1, I'm able to store a Lazer in Michael's hangar, so I would assume anyone else can as well.

Save as in it is selectable from the planes list in the hangar?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:40 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 14 March 2015 - 01:42 AM.

Save as in it is selectable from the planes list in the hangar?

No.

Non-purchased planes must remain the selected planes, otherwise they vanish.

It's the same thing with helicopters at helipads, selecting a purchased helicopter will remove the non-purchased helicopter forever.

Thus you would have to go get it again.

Just store the non-purchased aircraft at helipads/hangars of the characters that you don't switch aircraft around much with.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:58 AM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2015 - 12:00 PM.

Like ForeverPast has said, ALL Planes, Boats, Helicopters SAVE in/on the Hanger, Marina Dock, and Helipad.

If you steal something and put it there, it'll save.  Just drive away after putting it there and come back to it.  Now you got a brand new vehicle sitting there waiting for you.

Even if you crash lets say a Lazer you stole from Fort Zancudo once you stored it in your Hanger, a new one will spawn.  The ONLY way to lose said stored Vehicles is if you switch to a BOUGHT item and save over top of doing this OR if and when Rockstar f*cks them game up with every new Patch, you have a chance of losing something.

I have an unmodded and modded Save for V.  In my modded Save, I got a Titan on Trevor's HELIPAD, I got a fully modded FIB Buffalo in his Hanger.  In Franklin's Hanger, I have a Unmarked Cruiser fully modded and on his Helipad I have a fully modded Police Riot.  On Michael's Helipad, I have a fully modded Police Buffalo and in his Hanger, I have a fully modded Lazer.

ALL of these Vehicles remain there, including the Planes on Helipads, the Cars in Hangers and on Helipads, etc, etc...They respawn like any normal item stored there.

In my unmodded Save, I have a Skylift on F's Helipad and even if I jump out of it and it goes down and explodes, I can go back to F's Helipad and get another Skylift, etc...

I use my MODDED Save on current Patches and I use my UNMODDED Save on Version 1.00 so I don't ever get f*cked over by Rockstar patches since I am a Special Vehicle collector...

• Foreverpast likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:42 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 18 March 2015 - 01:43 AM.

Even if you crash lets say a Lazer you stole from Fort Zancudo once you stored it in your Hanger, a new one will spawn. 

Works for duplicating helicopters too.

For example, if you have the Lime Green Frogger saved:

- Get in & fly out of range/view of it's helipad.

- Land, get out, & walk a short distance away from the helicopter (keeping within eyesight).

- Get back in the helicopter & fly back to the helipad.

- A duplicate of the exact same helicopter will be present, color & all.

It'll happen as well when exchanging a saved helicopter between characters.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:21 AM Edited by Militia, 18 March 2015 - 11:21 AM.

Yeah, I've done this over a year ago when I felt like getting a Lazer for another character without actually stealing one from FZ like I did so many times.  But it's unpredictable a lot of times.  Sometimes tons of Tanks to blow you away.  Other times, not even 1 and just a bunch of soldiers on foot running to you, but they won't do much of anything.  It's just the Tanks that f*ck you up...

vonipor
  • vonipor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

Enjoy her beauty!

Lime Frogger GTA 5! Coastguard yellow frogger:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users