Photo

Rare/Unique Helicopters

81 replies to this topic
Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:33 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 16 March 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Maroon & Orange Frogger added!

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

Jetsam Cargobob added, & the description to obtain it.

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by player999, 21 March 2014 - 09:39 AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of recent patches/updates, the lime green Frogger can still be obtained via Buzzard Strike.

The "Buzzard Strike" tactic, created by DDX-GTA.

It can be used in some scenarios & is in fact the only way to aquire at least one of the helicopters.
- Damage target helicopter with shots from an armed Buzzard.

- Direct target helicopter by flying on it's left & right sides. (Scaring it to a preferred direction)
- Pursue until target helicopter is forced to land due to the damage.
- Enter target helicopter once it lands.
- Immediatly switch characters to perform the "vehicle repair" glitch.
- If the NPC pilot exits the helicopter own his own, it's too late.
- The more damage target helicopter has received, the less time you'll have to get inside it.

Do you have a video of getting a heli in-flight after the patches? All I´ve found out, is that any heli, also the yellow one, flees to the open sea or the mountains with high-speed after the first shot from the buzzard.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Letchworth
  • Letchworth

GtaVModder

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Any chance of getting the Skylift?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Any chance of getting the Skylift?

Yeah, the Skylift is obtainable on Patch 1.05 and below.  You can just take it to helipad, place it on helipad, and come back later and it will always be there.

Or you can get it with a save editor.

• Luuk' and player999 like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 06 July 2014 - 07:50 PM.

As of recent patches/updates, the lime green Frogger can still be obtained via Buzzard Strike.

The "Buzzard Strike" tactic, created by DDX-GTA.

It can be used in some scenarios & is in fact the only way to aquire at least one of the helicopters.
- Damage target helicopter with shots from an armed Buzzard.

- Direct target helicopter by flying on it's left & right sides. (Scaring it to a preferred direction)
- Pursue until target helicopter is forced to land due to the damage.
- Enter target helicopter once it lands.
- Immediatly switch characters to perform the "vehicle repair" glitch.
- If the NPC pilot exits the helicopter own his own, it's too late.
- The more damage target helicopter has received, the less time you'll have to get inside it.

Do you have a video of getting a heli in-flight after the patches? All I´ve found out, is that any heli, also the yellow one, flees to the open sea or the mountains with high-speed after the first shot from the buzzard.

Waiting for the Xbox One Version to be released, then I'll make a video example.

Almost figured out how to aquire & keep the Spotlight Frogger, will add that as well.

Also about the Buzzard Strike:

For the Lime Green Frogger, just fly ahead & wait for it.

It tends to fly UP & towards the water, so the key is initially being on the ocean side of it to stop it from immediatly heading in that direction.

It sitll generally gains altitude in any scenario before fleeing.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 07 July 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Seriously, the 2 GTA Wikis on the Lime Green Frogger are beyond incorrect:

So to clarify for singleplayer:

"The Lifeguard Frogger can be found flying around Del Perro Beach. Hijacking the helicopter is hard, as it requires the player to damage the Lifeguard helicopter enough to cause the pilot to evacuate, and then push it to Vespucci Helipad. This helicopter has a unique fluorescent yellow paintjob."

-Incorrect on the statement that it can be pushed to a helipad and saved, for a thread was made here a long time ago explaining that it won't save if pushed there after forced to land. & it's not yellow, it's green.

"Yellow Froggers can be seen flying around Vespucci Beach, although they are not obtainable even if you manage to make them land (confirmed with the Lifeguard Frogger in singleplayer). However, this can be obtained via a method."

-Depsite that the proper color is Lime Green, not yellow, yes it can also be obtained.

Whoever *confirmed* that it can't be aquired without mods obviously hasn't looked at the threads on this site.

The Buzzard Strike Tactic is still the only known way to aquire it without mods or a save editor in singleplayer.

• StJimmy likes this

StJimmy
  • StJimmy

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

It pisses me off how when you buy a vehicle for your helipad or hanger you can only buy it in an ugly black, there's no color options.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by Andreas, 12 August 2014 - 08:45 AM. Removed quote-train.

<snip>

how about the V.T.O.L helicopter?

bellboeing_v_22_osprey_l2.jpg

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:51 AM Edited by Andreas, 12 August 2014 - 08:46 AM. Removed IMG tag.

http://www.military-...2_osprey_l2.jpg

This topic is for Singleplayer helicopters, not Online mode DLC aircraft.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:05 AM Edited by Andreas, 12 August 2014 - 08:46 AM. Removed IMG tag.

http://www.military-...2_osprey_l2.jpg

This topic is for Singleplayer helicopters, not Online mode DLC aircraft.

yeah,but these can pick up other helicopters,say if you really wanted to keep a helicopter and it broke down (engines cut out) or it's been in a crash,simply spawn in the Vtog (either by cheat or pick up) and you can take the wrecked chopper to your helipad

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:18 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 07 July 2014 - 05:29 AM.

yeah,but these can pick up other helicopters,say if you really wanted to keep a helicopter and it broke down (engines cut out) or it's been in a crash,simply spawn in the Vtog (either by cheat or pick up) and you can take the wrecked chopper to your helipad

Wrecked helicopters cannot be saved at helipads.

Carrying, pushing, or moving one by any means that's too damaged to fly on it's own accord will simply not save.

If they did not have that issue, it indeed would be a fun method to transport them!

Cheat wise, why go the extra mile & take even more time spawning another craft to carry said helicopter when you can just repair the damaged helicopter immediatly? You could simply enter the restore health cheat while in the helicopter (must be in pause menu) to restore it.

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

I started a new game to do the 'monkey business' mission so i could steal a cargobob, then i realised while playing my completed game that franklin already has a black one on his helipad! Raaaaagggeeee! Basically all the reasons i started the new game for turned out to be wrong

Darkest Sun
  • Darkest Sun

From MGO to GTAO

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

That Jetsam Cargobob looks awesome!

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:30 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 07 July 2014 - 05:31 PM.

I started a new game to do the 'monkey business' mission so i could steal a cargobob, then i realised while playing my completed game that franklin already has a black one on his helipad! Raaaaagggeeee! Basically all the reasons i started the new game for turned out to be wrong

The Jetsam Cargobob actually has slight physical appearance differences compared to the military & black version.

By the I mean it's actual shape, one example is that the Jetsam Cargobob lacks the sensor system (buldge) on it's front nose.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 07 July 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Unarmed Buzzard with Police Maverick Spotlight added!

As well, finally got around to adding the Blue Frogger.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 10 July 2014 - 11:01 PM.

Finally logged onto the GTA wiki & corrected alot of incorrect information about the Frogger helicopters. Kinda flattered that the Lime Green Frogger gained the nickname "Lifeguard Helicopter" after the original thread I made about it WAAAAAYYY back.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

It pisses me off how when you buy a vehicle for your helipad or hanger you can only buy it in an ugly black, there's no color options.

Yea I hate that, but there IS a solution if it's that important, and that's using the Save Editor to change the color. Using it, I was able to put Chrome on some of my vehicles that aren't customizable. Here's proof.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 11 July 2014 - 12:34 AM.

Yea I hate that, but there IS a solution if it's that important, and that's using the Save Editor to change the color. Using it, I was able to put Chrome on some of my vehicles that aren't customizable. Here's proof.

Which reminds me about the Xbox One:

There's no 100% safe bet an editor will be made for it, so if you intend on going next gen with GTA 5, make sure the career save you plan on transferring has the custom colored helicopters & other vehicles that you desire.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Has any got the TPE Cargobob from ''The Merryweather Heist Offshore''?

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

I want that Jetsam Cargobob! And going to try get more of the others :) So just to double triple quadrouple check, they're al saveble?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

I want that Jetsam Cargobob! And going to try get more of the others :) So just to double triple quadrouple check, they're al saveble?

Yes, the Jetsam cargobob is storable at a character's helipad.

You can even duplicate it when trading it to another character's helipad.

Keep in mind though that selecting a purchased helicopter will cause it to vanish.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by Militia, 11 July 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Keep in mind though that selecting a purchased helicopter will cause it to vanish.

Nevermind this, as you can just reload the game.  That is what I do.  Want to use something other than my Lazer or Save Editor Modded police cars in my hangers or on my helipads, after I am done using a vehicle in the D-Pad, I just reload and never save over top of losing something, of course...

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

Flesk99
  • Flesk99

Pretty Good Taco Cooker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

Are the spotlights even usable on capable helicopters or can only the AI control them.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

Are the spotlights even usable on capable helicopters or can only the AI control them.

The spotlight on the unique White Frogger is useable by players, however there's no method of saving it at the moment.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 09 August 2014 - 05:34 AM.

I wish the Jetsam Cargobob spawned somewhere though, rather than only in one mission.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

After much testing, the White spotlight Frogger seems to be exactly the same as the White version that's obtainable in Online play, except the online version lacking the spotlight.

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

VS/PBMO

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

What about the Epsilon Maverick? I obtained it from "Unknowing the Truth". This requires armor and a sniper. When the convoy arrives "above" LSC, park the Tailgater AWAY from the marker, get out, activate Michael's special, snipe the pilot of the Maverick, kill EVERYONE, then get back in the Tailgater, then get out and get in the Maverick and fly it to Mike's helipad. Credit for this method goes to SAINTS ROW FOUR.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

if I do that trick to 'save' the Jetsam Cargobob, will it overwrite my camo Cargobob?

Will it become a separate option on the list or will both have a chance to spawn when I select Cargobob? Or just only the Jetsam one will now spawn?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 11 August 2014 - 04:14 AM.

if I do that trick to 'save' the Jetsam Cargobob, will it overwrite my camo Cargobob?

Will it become a separate option on the list or will both have a chance to spawn when I select Cargobob? Or just only the Jetsam one will now spawn?

You can only save one non-Purchased helicopter at each owned helipad.

Switching to a purchased helicopter will also cause the "found & saved" helicopter vanish.

So if you really wanted BOTH Cargobobs, you'd either have to have seperate save files for each or store each at a different character's heliapad.

Option 2 would be more practical if your not done the story yet, however you'll be denied accessing purchased helicopters at 2 character's helipads until you decided to go with option 1. By "denied accessing", I mean using purchased helicopters without removing the "found" helicopter. Since Trevor's helipad is used in story mode several times, it'd be best to use M & F's helipad for mission only helicopters that you want to save until you complete the game.

Also for those who use the save editor to force specific helicopters to spawn at helipads, they will vanish permanently as well when selecting a purchased helicopter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users