Photo

Rare/Unique Helicopters

79 replies to this topic
Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 18 March 2015 - 01:29 AM.

The Unique &/Or Rare Helicopters That You Cannot Purchase, Yet Can Still Aquire With Other Methods.
*Without Cheats Or Mods* *SINGLEPLAYER*

*Currently Tested On Xbox One, & Playstation 4* *Most Recent Details Not Tested On Previous Gen.*
***Skylift, FIB Frogger, & Annihilator Currently Not Listed***

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWEST UPDATES:

- White Frogger Added!

- Information To The Lime Green Frogger. (Corrections For The GTA Wikis)

TIPS:

* You can save them at purchased helipads, however switching to a purchased helcopter will remove them. Simply put; be ready to go find another if you select a different helicopter from your helipad. If any of these helicopters are abandoned or destroyed during travel, a new copy of it will spawn at the purchased helipad that it was stationed at. Trading a unique helicopter to other characters may also cause an extra to respawn at it's first saved helipad, making 2 copies. This can be repeated for numerous copies of any unique helicopter, allowing all characters to have one.

* The "Buzzard Strike" tactic, created by DDX-GTA.

It can be used in some scenarios & is in fact the only way to aquire at least one of the helicopters.
- Damage target helicopter with shots from an armed Buzzard.

- Direct target helicopter by flying on it's left & right sides. (Scaring it to a preferred direction)
- Pursue until target helicopter is forced to land due to the damage.
- Enter target helicopter once it lands.
- Immediatly switch characters to perform the "vehicle repair" glitch.
- If the NPC pilot exits the helicopter own his own, it's too late.
- The more damage target helicopter has received, the less time you'll have to get inside it.

* Pushing a shot down helicopter with a vehicle to a helipad WILL NOT SAVE IT.

One of the GTA wikis incorrectly states that the method works though.

* Busy Vespucci Helipads:
- Fly nearby, relatively high & facing the landing areas.
- Look back (ex: xbox 360 players would click the right joystick)
- Look forward again, this will cause 1-3 frogger helicopters to spawn in the area.
- Does not work everytime, however still quite often.
- Any of the Black, Red, & Orange versions may appear.
- They may spawn airborne flying nearby, landing at the helipads, or taking off.
Example in the image below where I was hovering nearby in a helicopter, looked back & then forward again.

A black version of the Frogger spawned, on one of the helipads. (top-center right, taking off)
0_0.jpg

RARE/UNIQUE HELICOPTERS

Unarmed Buzzard With Police Mavervick Spotlight

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

- Identical to the standard Unarmed version, but with a Police Maverick Spotlight instead of the straight forward "headlight".
- Flown by AI late at night/early morning, flying low to the ground over Davis & Strawberry dirstricts.
- Buzzard Strike Tactic has not been tested on it yet.

** Better Image Coming Soon! **

^ These two temporary photos were taken while nearby in a Frogger helicopter.

Frogger - White With Police Maverick Spotlight (FIB/Police/Civilian Crossbreed Helicopter)

0_0.jpg

62DeknCZgUGpd1fe_LN-kw_0_0.jpg

- Seen at the end of "The Bureau Raid", flying nearby after the first rappeling event.

- Moves closer to the building after the Buzzard is destroyed.

- Shooting the pilot causes it to crash, like all occupied Froggers.

- Can be boarded by damaging it to land, but the character switch is tricky to work in this situation.

- Has 3 parts from 3 AI classes: Civilian Helicopter, FIB Pilot, Police Maverick Spotlight.

- Spotlight still works when entering anytime after saved at a helipad, however it cannot be manually directed.

- Spotlight cannot be turned off either.

Special Note: Currently to obtain, you must force it to land prior to the Buzzard being destroyed.

When the Buzzard is destroyed, the White Frogger moves from over the open street to the park area.

^ It'll blow up when forced to land in the park area due to the uneven ground.

Performing the switch repair tactic CAN work in the mission, however it depends on where the other characters are located.

Replaying the mission to obtain it will not work, like saving most vehicles in replay mode, it will vanish.

Jetsam Cargobob

0_0.jpg

- Slight differences in physical shape/construction compared to the military version.
^ Operational hook too!
Can only be obtained during "Monkey Business". The mission must not have been completed prior.

^ Once in control of Trevor, immediatly land at his free helipad, exit the helicopter & die to fail the mission.

Exiting the mission will relocate Trevor to the nearby hospital, & the Jetsam Cargobob will be saved at his helipad.

Camouflage Cargobob (Non-Mission)

0_0.jpg

- Similar to the standard (black) version.
^ Operational hook too!
- Lands at the military base sometimes, usually takes off when a player approaches it.
- Can be stolen from NPCs that land at the military base. (Then escape!)
- Can be aquired via "Buzzard Strike" tactic.
- NOT the camouflage cargobob from the storyline, you can't keep that one.
^ They are exactly the same both in appearance & handling though.

Frogger - Lime Green

AKA: The Coast Guard/Lifeguard Helicopter

Some GTA Databases/Wikis Incorrectly Label The Color As Yellow.

It's Official/Real Color By The In-Game Script/Program Is Lime Green.

0_0.jpg

- Identical to the standard (black) version except for it's primary color.
- Never lands.

- Like the black variant it has civilian pilots, not Lifeguards.

Frogger - Red

0_0.jpg

- Can be stolen from NPCs that land at the Vespucci helipads.
- Can be aquired via the "Buzzard Strike" tactic.

Frogger - Blue

0_0.jpg

- Can be stolen from the AI pilot at the "Parachute Jump", at Paleto Bay.

- Requires shooting the pilot AFTER he acknowledges your presence, otherwise the doors are locked.

Frogger - Maroon

0_0.jpg

- Can only be obtained during "Three's Company". The mission must not have been completed prior.

Option #1: Landing the helicopter at a purchased helipad, then dying to fail the mission.

^ This has been tested on Trevor's free helipad. This allows you to obtain more than one.

Option #2: After completing the mission, immediatly switch to Trevor as soon as possible.

^ This only allows you to obtain one.

Frogger - Orange

0_0.jpg

- Can be stolen from NPCs that land at the Vespucci helipads.

Maverick - Green Pattern

0_0.jpg

- Identical to the standard (black pattern) version except for it's secondary color.
- Can be stolen at some of the "Parachute Jump" locations, requires killing the AI pilot.

Maverick - Police

0_0.jpg

- Can be stolen from helipads located at police departments, random spawn times.
- Two "landing lights"; has an additional intensity setting at night.
- "Buzzard Strike" tactic has not been tested on this helicopter yet.

- Can be stolen on the rare occasions that it lands to drop off SWAT members.

^ If the Spotlight &/or Drop Cords are present during, they remain present while the player flies it.

Maverick - Medical (Air Ambulance)

0_0.jpg

- Identical to the Police Maverick except for it's colors & patterns.

^ Including landing lights.
- Can be stolen from helipads located on top of hospitals, random spawn times.
- Error causes the name "Police" to appear upon entering it, just like the Police Maverick.
- "Buzzard Strike" tactic has not been tested on this helicopter yet.

• Hamsterbaffle, Andreas, Governator and 4 others like this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I want one if those water choppers like on jaws, see if any f*cker bites it

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 04 October 2013 - 01:08 AM.

I want one if those water choppers like on jaws, see if any f*cker bites it

I've heard some people claim that the cargobob floats.......

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

It does float but you have to be careful as it can easily sink. 

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

It does float but you have to be careful as it can easily sink. 

Tested the camouflage version, it does as well.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

So far, no sharks have attacked the camouflage version.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Is it possible to get the camouflaged Cargobob via Buzzard Strike without actually entering the military base air space and having to dodge a crazy number of missiles? Because dodging these and herding a Cargobob sounds like it'd be difficult.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 05 October 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Is it possible to get the camouflaged Cargobob via Buzzard Strike without actually entering the military base air space and having to dodge a crazy number of missiles? Because dodging these and herding a Cargobob sounds like it'd be difficult.

Yes.

That's what I did, just wait until it flies near the base's border.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 06 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Ever since I stole the camouflaged Cargobob, they seem to never appear again at the base now.

By that I mean I have never seen npc controlled versions flying around since.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Is this how the Yellow Frogger start's to land like so: http://youtu.be/P5lP-1-p2fo?t=7m47s. This is the Epsilon's Maverick.

I think it maybe obtain but there is a problem: http://youtu.be/YUYiCog4ZHI?t=1m50s ,it's locked,but still if it can follow you to you helipad and if you shoot it down like in the one from above,maybe it can be saved.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

You can also steal a blue Frogger in Paleto Bay from a parachute location. At least in Singleplayer.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

There's a special Maroon Frogger in Three's a Company.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Anyone know where to find the FIB Frogger?  It's all black with the white letters FIB on the side of it!  Nobody seems to know anything about this.  I have a Youtube video if anyone wants to see it.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

185px-FIB_Frogger.png

If you look very closely, you can see a bit of the FIB logo. So Trev's Frogger is a 'customized' FIB Frogger.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Maybe due to the patches I found it no longer possible to "lead" a heli to land at a desired place. If I shoot at the yellow copter, it goes up to the open sea or the country in a rapid speed and disappears in the dust without me beeing able to follow. There is no way to get it where I want. 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Maybe due to the patches I found it no longer possible to "lead" a heli to land at a desired place. If I shoot at the yellow copter, it goes up to the open sea or the country in a rapid speed and disappears in the dust without me beeing able to follow. There is no way to get it where I want. 

A guy about a week ago got the yellow lifeguard helicopter, I seen his photos.  I forget which thread it was in.

But if what you're saying is true, that sucks!  Cuz I was gonna get this for Michael's helipad, and then the Ambulance Maverick for Trevor and the Police Maverick police colors for Franklin.  I already own a regular Maverick for Franklin and Michael.  A Cargobob for Michael, and a Buzzard Attack Chopper for Franklin, Michael, and Trevor, also that Frogger for Trevor.

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

I´ve tried a few hours today, but had no chance to get the heli down. Shooting at it seems senseless, because there seems to be no damage. But after the first shot fired the yellow copter flees up to the open sea or the mountains and disappears. Only way to damage it in flight is to collide with it. I even managed to get the engine smoking. But before the yellow one has to go down, I myself am down because of dead engine.

I think, I will give up on the yellow heli!

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by xenorama, 27 December 2013 - 09:06 PM.

I got a yellow Frogger, the key with catching any of the fleeing helicopters is that if you're on the left side of it, the pilot will go right, and vice versa. If it starts to flee out into the ocean, you need to move to the other side of the chopper (imagine the center of the chopper is a flat vertical plane, that's what I mean) and it will turn to go back to the land.

It doesn't matter how far away you are, either, just move so that you register as being on one side and the chopper will turn to the other direction. Once I learned this I finally was able to keep the frogger over the airport, and he landed in a nice open space which made it very easy.

Now I kinda want to get the camouflage Cargobob, even though I used to have it...

Also YES you can keep the camo Cargobob after the mission where you hijack it, just quick-save next to it when you land at Trevor's airfield after you get out. When you reload, the "static" cargobob will be sitting over by the small hangar and there will be a fully usable copy of it right in front of you, as it was your most recently used vehicle.

Anyway, here is my yellow frogger:

0_0.jpg

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Is there a way to get the non attack version of the Buzzard? 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Is there a way to get the non attack version of the Buzzard? 

Yes, i show you now:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=avN5138gyzg

@ 1:34, he shows the map location.  There is either an AMBULANCE helicopter there, a Police Maverick in police colors, and a "Buzzard" not Attack Chopper.  Each spawn randomly.  Seems character dependent for me.  As Franklin I would always see the Buzzard and Police Maverick in AMBULANCE colors, and with Michael the Police Maverick in police colors, so it just depends.  Enjoy.

• Luuk' likes this

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Going to check that sometime, thanks for the vid.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

I got a yellow Frogger, the key with catching any of the fleeing helicopters is that if you're on the left side of it, the pilot will go right, and vice versa. If it starts to flee out into the ocean, you need to move to the other side of the chopper (imagine the center of the chopper is a flat vertical plane, that's what I mean) and it will turn to go back to the land.

It doesn't matter how far away you are, either, just move so that you register as being on one side and the chopper will turn to the other direction. Once I learned this I finally was able to keep the frogger over the airport, and he landed in a nice open space which made it very easy.

Now I kinda want to get the camouflage Cargobob, even though I used to have it...

Also YES you can keep the camo Cargobob after the mission where you hijack it, just quick-save next to it when you land at Trevor's airfield after you get out. When you reload, the "static" cargobob will be sitting over by the small hangar and there will be a fully usable copy of it right in front of you, as it was your most recently used vehicle.

Anyway, here is my yellow frogger:

0_0.jpg

Lol, yeah, the Military Cargobob might be better to steal.  But thanks for the info, cuz I am gonna try this soon and see what happens.  It does look neat at least and it's semi challenging possibly, so it's worth it.  But like I said, the Military Cargobob would also be a challenge and even harder most likely, and that looks even better lol

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

My problem with catching any flying heli is that the opponents just ignore me. I´ve forgotten to say that I´ve got PS3, if that possibly could make any difference. So, if I fly direcly besides the yellow one, it turnes into my way even at the risk of a crash. With my configuration, no way to even do a little change of direction in the way of yellow No.1! 

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

I did a magic trick with Buzzards:

0_0.jpg

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

Three characters, three helis! I´ve done it with two (Trevor and Mike), trying to shoot down Mike. It didn´t work, I suppose friendly fire is impossible as it is with handguns - other than p.e. in Mafia 2.

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

A guy about a week ago got the yellow lifeguard helicopter, I seen his photos.  I forget which thread it was in.

But if what you're saying is true, that sucks!  Cuz I was gonna get this for Michael's helipad, and then the Ambulance Maverick for Trevor and the Police Maverick police colors for Franklin.  I already own a regular Maverick for Franklin and Michael.  A Cargobob for Michael, and a Buzzard Attack Chopper for Franklin, Michael, and Trevor, also that Frogger for Trevor.

The more I´ve tried - at least 3 hours today - the more I come to the conclusion that, at least with PS 3, there is no practical way to get the yellow heli at this state of patches. Shooting at it (with machine gun) with the buzzard has absolutely no effect at all - same with other flying helis. Uniquely the yellow heli starts to fly away to open sea just after the first shot. I followed it at least 20 minutes without any good.

You can collide with the yellow one, but damage was always higher at my own heli than the yellow. I brought it down two times in three days, but had not the lightest chance to get in it on time. One time it even went down in the (shallow) sea.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Same for me with the Cargobob, parachuting on it also don't work. A b*tch to get, the Bob.

• MetalMilitia89 and player999 like this

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

I´ve spent 3 hours bringings down the f...ing yellow copter with the carbobob just bouncing it. I got it 5 times down on the ground, but no chance to ever be fast enough to enter it. Even the co-pilot was dead.

So: I don´t believe that anyone has got this heli to fly unless I get a video!

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

xenorama has one though, and posted numerous pictures ^^

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 16 March 2014 - 04:25 PM.

A note to those who have trouble with the lime green (yellow to some) Frogger, the Buzzard Strike Tactic is the only way to effectively aquire it at the moment in singleplayer. & it isn't truely a Coast Guard/Lifeguard helictoper, for whenever I've gotten it to land normal civilians bail ot of it. I titled the original topic about the lime green Frogger "life guard helicopter" because no information was on it back when I first saw it flying near the coast.

For some reason though the GTA 5 wiki has taken to labeling it as the Coast Guard/Lifeguard helicopter anyway.

& the Buzzard Strike Tactic can be used on the camo Cargobob, but it's EXTREMELY hard.

It's health degeneration after damage affects it slower, so by the time it lands it's almost immediatly deemed inoperable.

So after it begins decending to land, you need to be right at it's location where it'll touch down.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users