Photo

Sometimes Car Geometry Never Loads...

5 replies to this topic
just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I can stand next to a car for like 5 minutes and the low geometry count never loads, then I go to get into the car and suddenly the full model loads instantly. It's quite annoying because it makes cars look like crap with their low poly-count.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's especially noticeable when I have a garage with 4 cars in it.

There's probably no fix because the engine can only deal with so many polygons at once, but I guess that's what we get on these old consoles.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 03 October 2013 - 10:53 PM.

yup, the '8 year old hardware' line fits here.

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Is this happening to anyone else? Walk up to a car and look at the wheel wells... is it nice and round or is it an octagon? I noticed that the full model renders once you get in the car.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Not happening to me, sounds like a supreme hardware failure. What system are you using and how long have you personally owned it

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Seems to be worse in areas where there are a lot of cars around. It hardly ever happens out in the desert. I think it's just too much load for the engine to handle so it only loads the full car when you go to get into it. You can really notice it as you get in the car, you'll see a sudden shift in the look of the vehicle.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Hm, the slow loading seems to be a unique system related issue. It's definitely not a widespread issue, so perhaps your console is just on its last leg. How does it perform with other games?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users