Photo

Did anyone even beta test GTA Online?

10 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

So, to me it seems that gta online is just a cut scene.  I mean seriously, you guys had 2 weeks to buff it up.  I know how hard it is to make a game, but I don't understand how it can be this bad.  Its been 3 days and nothing is fixed?

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

397983__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_anima

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Arguably every modern multiplayer RPG style game is released as a "beta" these days. That's just the reality of the gaming industry right now. Should this game still be in beta? Well half the features aren't even implemented so yea. Does that stop any company out there? Not a chance. The best way to preform a beta test is to get your product into peoples hands.

This should really become common knowledge because it only takes living through a few online game releases to see that this is ridiculously common these days. Hell some games like Smite( a third person MOBA) has been in beta for several years. They are going the other route and just staying in a seemingly permanent beta, because realistically every game that updates itself frequently is always going through stages of being in beta.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Nope, nothing at all is fixed. no one is playing anything. no is having any fun. everythings broken. ow my head.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Yes it was beta tested before Oct. 1st.

Kaspanova
  • Kaspanova

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Are you really asking that?

No. Noone tested it. Ever.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

This community is f*cking retarded.

Yes it was beta Tested.

NO 100, not even 100,000 beta testers could have prepared them for the server overload that is being experienced.

YES, they did see how well the game sold and NO you can't just "set up new servers."  Its f*cking ridiculously hard to set up servers and takes WEEKS to do so. And that weeks of time to set up doesn't include the purchase and shipping of the new servers.  which is only a few more weeks added onto this.  How do I know this?  My dad is an IT professional and works with businesses and sets up servers for them and I am always helping him with it.

So what does this mean?  You're sh*t out of luck and there is nothing R* can do until they get more servers.

Anyone who thinks R* is to blame has exactly 0.000000000000% IT knowledge and is under the age of 12.  If you are over the age of twelve and think that R* is to blame see a doctor because you may be mentally retarded.

Crazy_LlamaX
  • Crazy_LlamaX

The Night

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

It's hard to test what a few million people all rushing to join the game at once will do to it.

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by GeorgeClinton, 03 October 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Yes it was beta Tested.

NO 100, not even 100,000 beta testers could have prepared them for the server overload that is being experienced.

YES, they did see how well the game sold and NO you can't just "set up new servers."  Its f*cking ridiculously hard to set up servers and takes WEEKS to do so. And that weeks of time to set up doesn't include the purchase and shipping of the new servers.  which is only a few more weeks added onto this.  How do I know this?  My dad is an IT professional and works with businesses and sets up servers for them and I am always helping him with it.

So what does this mean?  You're sh*t out of luck and there is nothing R* can do until they get more servers.

Anyone who thinks R* is to blame has exactly 0.000000000000% IT knowledge and is under the age of 12.  If you are over the age of twelve and think that R* is to blame see a doctor because you may be mentally retarded.

Just because people don't have knowledge about IT and exactly how servers work they are retarded? You have very poor logic. I can say that if you don't know the difference between a 3-4 defense and a 4-3 defense in football and the pros and cons between them, that you are retarded. I can make my own parameters in my head in what constitutes a retarded person or not, anyone can.

But realistically everyone has knowledge of different things. I agree you can't blame R* for what happened, but mindlessly calling people retarded because they don't have a dad in the IT field is for lack of a better word retarded.

Please keep your anger and your daddy issues off of the forums.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

See the difference is I'm not placing my blame on the fans that sit in the stand for the poor plays made by the football team.  IE, everyone is running their mouth like they know that R* is to blame for the faulty servers and are saying its an easy fix by buying more servers.  So yes, you would be highly retarded if you are saying stupid sh*t like that which over half the forum is.

/thread

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yes it was beta Tested.

Why is it that I can't even play offline with my multiplayer character then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users