Photo

I figured a way to get my character back

56 replies to this topic
eck340
  • eck340

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

I tried it on ps3 and it did not put my character back in game . 

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

On the ps3 i can only find one gta file, its called "Grand Theft Auto V- Content, and its only 20kb

Well don't worry this doenst work as I knew it wouldn't, but you can delete updates as well as the game, you must not be in the right menu.

you need to be in GAME DATA UTILTY..

google if you cant find

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

I can only find one file there called GTA V content, and its only 20kb, not 29mb as it should be.

Can anyone confirm this? is this the file? that doesnt make sense

GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB
  • GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB

Crackhead

• Members

well my character either came back from deleting the update or the cloud save some how gave my character back.

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

No, didn't work for me either.

I3oom
  • I3oom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

I did this and it didn't work. I have done a lot of reading about this. How long was it that your character was gone for? I'm pretty certain that characters are unretrievable at this point if they are gone for more than an hour. I had a level 7 and logged off for a few hours and came back and he was there. I then logged off after playing a few more hours and logged on again the next day and he was gone when I relogged. I waited almost 24 hours to create another character just to make sure he wouldn't pop back up. It has been almost 48 hours since he went missing and I have created another character in a separate spot. The original is still missing. All this "it's still somewhere in the cloud" nonsense is a myth. I've read of people getting lucky and retrieving their character in various way but only within about 30 minutes of the disappearance. If the cloud was down at the second log off, then at least the first save should be somewhere in the cloud and my character should have popped up. However, it has been 48 hours as mentioned with numerous tries and no luck. I seriously doubt that the cloud has been down for that long. This means once they're gone, it's for good.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

well my character either came back from deleting the update or the cloud save some how gave my character back.

Or just another idiot that has joined in the last 2 weeks since release that makes stuff up.  We don't understand it and we don't really hate you for it, we know it really isn't your fault.. Probably inherited from you parents or got dropped on your head as child. or everyone picked on you in school and you have no life.   

So it is ok, but please leave these forums and find something else to do.

thank you

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

didn't work for me.

GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB
  • GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Or perhaps i was trying to help this community out, nice way to to show your true colours, plus you have benn a member longer than me where is your respect. If you want respect give respct to people and don’t hate on them for trying to help.

• LeAristocrat likes this

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by smokey__, 03 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

You have helped do nothing, and the fact that you still posting to these forums that you joined 48 mins ago tells me that you cant play your game, as you would actually be PLAYING it.

Now please do us all a favor and disappear into a cloud with all our characters...

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

yup tried on ps3 and still missing both my lvl 9 characters F*ck R*!!!  just BS!!!

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Don't listen to these assh*les man.. If this wasn't the GTA online forum it would've been the original troll forums....

GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB
  • GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I was just giving a solution :( but obviously you hate people tryng to look for one.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

Don't listen to these assh*les man.. If this wasn't the GTA online forum it would've been the original troll forums....

Oh I love it, another idiot that joined 2 days ago.  Cant wait till you all get bored of GTA when COD and BF4 come out.

Mr. Me-Too
  • Mr. Me-Too

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I don't believe PS3 users can delete title updates.

But yeah, 'losing your character' is mostly when the cloud isn't up and you decide to go to online anyways.

you can delete the update on ps3. Go to game data, it's the 30mb file.

Mr. Me-Too
  • Mr. Me-Too

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

I was just giving a solution :( but obviously you hate people tryng to look for one.

Nah those other people are stupid and can't find the file lol. It might not work for some people but for others it does.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by smokey__, 03 October 2013 - 11:11 PM.

Nah those other people are stupid and can't find the file lol. It might not work for some people but for others it does.

Others like who,  his other personality or did it work for you??

Mr. Me-Too
  • Mr. Me-Too

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

IGN reported it, people on the R* tech support page have been reporting this since this morning and I've seen at least two other people post it today in the forums. I haven't tried it cause I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow but for some people it is working.

GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB
  • GTA AGRESSIVE NOOB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

so smokey you have some kind of problem with people who have joined theis site, you do not own this site and i hav every right to stay on this site.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

so smokey you have some kind of problem with people who have joined theis site, you do not own this site and i hav every right to stay on this site.

Ok, you are right. But can you please stop lying and play the game if you character has "really" come back.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by smokey__, 03 October 2013 - 11:21 PM.

IGN reported it, people on the R* tech support page have been reporting this since this morning and I've seen at least two other people post it today in the forums. I haven't tried it cause I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow but for some people it is working.

Funny how you call people stupid for not being able to find file, yet you are too stupid to not realize that deleting that file was a possible fix to get past the tutorial.  Not for fixing character deletion which this thread is supposed to be about.

You and your kind really amaze me...

Finaldeath
  • Finaldeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

On ps3 go to "Game" then "Game Data Utility". There should be two files, one named "Grand Theft Auto V" and "Grand Theft Auto V - Install" the one you want to delete is the first one, to confirm it is the correct file is press triangle and click information, it should be 39mb and say 1.01 next to version. (the install file doesn't have a version number)

However, this does not fix it. Deleting the update doesn't fix anything, if you delete it then it works it is purely a coincidence. I have had pretty much every possible issue over the last few days and nothing anyone posts as a "fix" does anything, the only fix atm is just keep trying or take a break and try later.

Mr. Me-Too
  • Mr. Me-Too

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Funny how you call people stupid for not being able to find file, yet you are too stupid to not realize that deleting that file was a possible fix to get past the tutorial.  Not for fixing character deletion which this thread is supposed to be about.

LOL.....man your post right here confirms you are one of those stupid people.

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

On ps3 go to "Game" then "Game Data Utility". There should be two files, one named "Grand Theft Auto V" and "Grand Theft Auto V - Install" the one you want to delete is the first one, to confirm it is the correct file is press triangle and click information, it should be 39mb and say 1.01 next to version. (the install file doesn't have a version number)

However, this does not fix it. Deleting the update doesn't fix anything, if you delete it then it works it is purely a coincidence. I have had pretty much every possible issue over the last few days and nothing anyone posts as a "fix" does anything, the only fix atm is just keep trying or take a break and try later.

+1  I'm on this boat with no paddles....

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

I have created more than one character on my name. One got deleted but that was early on.. Come to think of it I think I wanna go log in just to make sure I still have my past endeavors.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

doesnt work

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Good lord man, put some Savlon on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users