Photo

Report in if your character returns when cloud goes up

54 replies to this topic
xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

So far there have been 2 reports on this forum of returning characters, other than that its looking quite bad.

Did you make a second character in the second slot? From what I've read, it seems like the people that have are the ones who's characters aren't returning? I'm not sure if that's the case, I could be wrong.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by aR2k, 03 October 2013 - 11:25 PM.

So far there have been 2 reports on this forum of returning characters, other than that its looking quite bad.

Did you make a second character in the second slot? From what I've read, it seems like the people that have are the ones who's characters aren't returning? I'm not sure if that's the case, I could be wrong.

This time i havent, i havent touched the character creation at all since it vanished, i just keep rebooting my ps3, going into online, and if i hit the character creation window i reboot again.

But i do find it puzzling that every once in a while when i reboot, the bank money says 0, other times it says 16k, as it should

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Character vanished as of three hours before this post (PS3). Banked money is still there, even when switching off console and going back online (takes me to creation screen both slots empty). No sign of character.

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

This time i havent, i havent touched the character creation at all since it vanished, i just keep rebooting my ps3, going into online, and if i hit the character creation window i reboot again.

But i do find it puzzling that every once in a while when i reboot, the bank money says 0, other times it says 16k, as it should

Good call! I know it's frustrating, but you're doing the right thing as for as I can tell. I've lost skills and money a couple times, but my character has always came back EVENTUALLY. I'm hoping the update will roll out around 6 AM tomorrow morning and fixes this for everyone. We'll just have to see! :/

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by aR2k, 03 October 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Good call! I know it's frustrating, but you're doing the right thing as for as I can tell. I've lost skills and money a couple times, but my character has always came back EVENTUALLY. I'm hoping the update will roll out around 6 AM tomorrow morning and fixes this for everyone. We'll just have to see! :/

You say it has allways come back?

Did you never create a second character in the other slots?

Because ive allways done that and ive never seen a character return.

And yeah, the patch will probably come around that time, thats when it hit last time, since it needs to go through sony im guessing it will be same time tomorrow.

Tpyn
  • Tpyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I registered just to say 1 thing. I'm in the same boat w/ u guys, my character disappeared a few hours ago. After that i can just quote the guy posted above.

"This time i havent, i havent touched the character creation at all since it vanished, i just keep rebooting my ps3, going into online, and if i hit the character creation window i reboot again.

But i do find it puzzling that every once in a while when i reboot, the bank money says 0, other times it says 16k, as it should"

I just wanted to say i installed iFruit app on my iPhone a few minutes ago and i see my online character's car there. So it is not lost and we should have faith. Thank you

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I registered just to say 1 thing. I'm in the same boat w/ u guys, my character disappeared a few hours ago. After that i can just quote the guy posted above.

"This time i havent, i havent touched the character creation at all since it vanished, i just keep rebooting my ps3, going into online, and if i hit the character creation window i reboot again.

But i do find it puzzling that every once in a while when i reboot, the bank money says 0, other times it says 16k, as it should"

I just wanted to say i installed iFruit app on my iPhone a few minutes ago and i see my online character's car there. So it is not lost and we should have faith. Thank you

Thanks for the post and thanks for that info, thats very useful!

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

And yeah, the patch will probably come around that time, thats when it hit last time, since it needs to go through sony im guessing it will be same time tomorrow.

No, sir! I've never even used the second slot! The only character I have lost was the one I made on launch day. I didn't know what to do when it disappeared so I just made a new one in that first slot... And I've kept that one ever since. I know, its lame, but it really is just a big waiting game!

sOFrOsTy
  • sOFrOsTy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Time created: 8:00 PM PST October 2nd

Console: PS3

Time lost: Sometime after I fell asleep, so bewteen the hours of 4:00AM-8:00AM PST October 3rd

Time returned: Still has not returned

Info: Level 9 after about 6-7 hours of playing. I have seen my character stats and rank 9 randomly appear in the character selection screen, but nothing more than that. Still doesn't show the character in the character selection wheel in the bottom right and both slots appear to be empty in the character creation screen.

Ryan_Codebreaker
  • Ryan_Codebreaker

Big Boss

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

At this rate nobody will ever reach lvl 100

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

No, sir! I've never even used the second slot! The only character I have lost was the one I made on launch day. I didn't know what to do when it disappeared so I just made a new one in that first slot... And I've kept that one ever since. I know, its lame, but it really is just a big waiting game!

Thats good to know! 

And your on.... ps3?

How long have you waited for your chars to return? are we talking hours, days?

GallagherArt
  • GallagherArt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

You're totally right, I hadn't even thought of that, but my character's car is also still accessible in the ifruit app, that gives me some hope that he may be in fact restored eventually, was beginning to get discouraged. Thanks mate.

sOFrOsTy
  • sOFrOsTy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Any updates? Has anyone gotten their characters back? I still have not.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Any updates? Has anyone gotten their characters back? I still have not.

Nothing yet, ive rebooted my ps3 probably 150 times now :p

But from what i can tell from other posts on the forums, it seems like gtao is unstable now, something with servers going down and sh*t. So it might not be 100% up yet.

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Time created: 10/02/2013 at 6:00pm

Time disappeared: 10/03/2013 at 1:30pm after logging off and attempting to log back in.

Time you got it back:  Still nothing.  Created a character in the second slot and that one disappeared as well about 2 hours later.  Haven't seen any sign of previous accounts like others have (money still there but character gone).  Very worried right now.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Pythia thread is pointless, the reason you lost your character is because right now there are problems when connecting to the cloud, your characters will return if you just leave it. Don't overwrite a character save.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Time created: 10/02/2013 at 6:00pm

Time disappeared: 10/03/2013 at 1:30pm after logging off and attempting to log back in.

Time you got it back:  Still nothing.  Created a character in the second slot and that one disappeared as well about 2 hours later.  Haven't seen any sign of previous accounts like others have (money still there but character gone).  Very worried right now.

Join the club!

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by aR2k, 04 October 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Pythia thread is pointless, the reason you lost your character is because right now there are problems when connecting to the cloud, your characters will return if you just leave it. Don't overwrite a character save.

Thats exactly why this thread is not pointless.

because other people are reporting leaving their slot open for more than 48 ours, ME included, and not getting their characters back.

Thats why I want some statistics to work with, to see if I can make sense of this, and so far, its looking pretty bad for those claiming they get their sh*t back.

I lost a character yesterday, and then went to bed, i slept, i ate, i went to uni, came back.... still missing. even tho the servers where back up and working better than ever

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

I dont see how a client side patch can fix something like this, saving is done over the cloud.

This has to be a problem with rockstars servers, but im no expert.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

I think there is many problems on both client and server side.  Think maybe a open beta for the online would be a good idea for future.  Now I know why they say gtaO is like a separate game, cause they don't want us to get mad for paying $60 to be beta testers......

BaxterUK
  • BaxterUK

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Lost my character earlier today, I'd say about 8PM(Ish)

Was doing a parachute jump and the game froze, I could hear the ocean and my surroundings but the game just wouldnt load. I ended up quitting the game, Came back and there was no character, however My bank money still shows. I've rebooted my PS3 several times, once every half hour since 8 and still nothing.

Its 2 AM now, I'm off to bed. Will be sure to quote this post and update tomorrow.

PS3. 

Fingers crossed for us all.

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by xX-EmptyClip-Xx, 04 October 2013 - 01:20 AM.

I dont see how a client side patch can fix something like this, saving is done over the cloud.

This has to be a problem with rockstars servers, but im no expert.

+1 was thinking the same thing

guessing the patch is more towards fixing the broke ass tutorial.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yeah about to hit the sack now aswell, char has been lost about 3 hours since cloud came back on. Hopefully its back when i wake up tomorrow, if not.... the patch BETTER have fixed this issue once and for all, getting tired of starting over.

bayz101
  • bayz101

Certified

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Never lost my character. I'm on PS3. Worth noting that all of my friends have invites/join disabled as "this user hasn't completed the tutorial" when they have, in fact, completed the tutorial and ranked up over 12 times. 

jato4x4
  • jato4x4

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Earlier in the day when my char vanished, I could still see my sabre on the ifruit app. Now I went in and made a new char in slot 2, and my sabre from earlier is not in ifruit anymore. Hopefully this isn't a sign.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users