Quantcast

» «
Photo

why is the target reticule a tiny white circle?

19 replies to this topic
Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ok so this is my first GTA game so call me a noob if you want, but why has Rockstar opted for a tiny white circle as the aiming reticule? It is sometimes hard to see and doesn't look cool at all.

Oh and this is unrelated, but has anyone figured out how to use the attack helicopter effectively? For me, it is impossible to kill anything due to the aiming reticule moving all over the place.

backdrifters
  • backdrifters

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Your a noob

Pwned.
  • Pwned.

Official newbie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Im pretty sure you can change ths somehow. Does anyone know for sure?

ZombieShawn
  • ZombieShawn

BAWSAQ Brawler

• Members

I can handle it but ya its pretty small... It would be nice if they gave us some crosshair options. suggest it to em and express your concerns its just about all we can do. Ive done it. [email protected] 

• Chukkles likes this

ahatius
  • ahatius

Snitch

• Members

You can configure that in the settings, it's called "complex mode" or something like that. I'm sure you'll find it if you look at the settings.

shammer123
  • shammer123

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ok so this is my first GTA game so call me a noob if you want, but why has Rockstar opted for a tiny white circle as the aiming reticule? It is sometimes hard to see and doesn't look cool at all.

Oh and this is unrelated, but has anyone figured out how to use the attack helicopter effectively? For me, it is impossible to kill anything due to the aiming reticule moving all over the place.

in the options you can change it

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Go hunting in real life and then complain to god about the lack of a tiny white dot.

Micho86
  • Micho86

I have nothing but good things for you my boy...

• Members
  • Canada

You can change the reticule in the options menu.

Switch to advanced targeting.

• ZombieShawn likes this

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

ah ok I will look

ahatius
  • ahatius

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Found it:

Settings -> Display -> Weapon Target

Changing it to complex
  • ZombieShawn likes this

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by Patriot_Action, 03 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Given the choice of some obnoxiously large crosshair or tiny white dot, I think many gamers will lean towards tiny white dot. It seems difficult for developers to find some middle ground. The complex aiming options help, although I don't understand why we need completely different ones for different weapons.

Dexter_The_Drunk
  • Dexter_The_Drunk

Hitman

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Your a noob

^ This

RaisedFromPerdition
  • RaisedFromPerdition

Time Lord

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

I found this out in SP.

thank god to because that damn dot made me look like i was drunk. couldn't aim for sh*t

half the time i didn't even know where the dot was.

louisvign
  • louisvign

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

All noobs... Games usually have this magically thing in the pause menu called settings/options.

Start > Settings > Display > Weapon Target ----> Change to Complex.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Would love to see each/most Weapons have 5-6 different scopes to choose from, each with a different Crosshair/Reticule :)

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Honestly, I really love the option of the tiny white circle. Much more accurate shooting.

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Go hunting in real life and then complain to god about the lack of a tiny white dot.

Comparing shooting a real gun to shooting a gun in a third person shooter...-_-... Astounding.

GeorgeClinton
  • GeorgeClinton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Comparing shooting a real gun to shooting a gun in a third person shooter...-_-... Astounding.

Does the technology exist for hunters to view themselves from behind and above their bodies? If so they should give that sh*t to the military. That would be awesome.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Start > Settings > Advanced Aiming Reticle

Also, use the helicopter in 3rd-person mode, it will still lock-on to targets.

Also, this shouldn't be in the online section.  You would of got way more answers.

liv2rok
  • liv2rok

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

I feel for you pal. My eyesight is pretty damn good but I have to agree its very small and aiming at a light coloured space can make it very difficult to see at all. It'd be nice to have some other options for this in the display settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users