Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do the Radio Stations in GTA V Suck for Anybody Else?

82 replies to this topic
austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

And btw, the worse GTA radios were on IV. IV is my favorite GTA but only Golden by Jill Scott, Flashing Lights by Kanye West and Let's get lost by Chet Baker were the only good songs there for me...

golden and let's get lost. tunes.
  • Jimmy Darmody likes this

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Let me guess... no metal? :sigh:

Nope, no jazz.

Donald Byrd is the closest that you're going to get.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

The radio is horrible. No hair bands or classic rock?? We're in L.A. the city by the bay, the city that rocks, the city that never stops! I keep the radio off 99.9999% of the time. I turn it on and remember why I had it off. Def Leppard Photograph is cool though. Maybe a handful of other songs, but for the most part, the music is as bland as IV's and that my friends is pretty bland. Oh well. Time to move on and wait for the next gen GTA killer to come out.

• lolleroz likes this

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

They do suck and that's because todays generation's music suck. On xbox you can play your own music via the media player.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

I really like Los Santos Rock Radio, has to be my favorite station.

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I think you guys suck

The Radio is very good, So many songs that capture the moment

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

west coast classics is the sh*t

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by SoulTrain75, 03 October 2013 - 11:34 PM.

I love most of the radio stations. some of the music just sounds like annoying noise to me though that i ask myself do people really listen to this stuff? but to each their own. but i love they got bootsy collins as a dj my fav bass player in the world "ahhhh yeahhhh babyyy!" he rocks. and jb smooth and danny mcbride are so funny.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

I love most of the stations but they could have added a metal station just to appease people. Give the babies their bottle. That Vinewood Blvd station might be my favorite and these songs should be on the radio.

mygoldeneye
  • mygoldeneye

qυεεη נυנυ

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by mygoldeneye, 31 October 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Oh god don't get me started on their horrifying music. I keep it off 99.99% of the time. The very first song I heard was Rihanna~ Only Girl In The World. I thought they really had good music. Until I went over to the rap music which was extremely better in GTA IV then GTA V.  The music was just as bad as PlayStation Home. PSN Home's music is crappy, unknown, and clean. The thing is they could've did a poll to decide which music is good. The music sounded as if they were promoting their cousions music.

That leads me to believe that the game is racist. I always use Pandora when playing the game because I cannot get hype to that music. Just pure trash. The ONLY songs I like are Rihanna - Only Girl In The World and Fergie - Glamarous. Everything else is horrible. They should never put such horrible music in a game. I will continue to play my music on Pandora with my microphone up and music up. If you don't like it, Pause the game, go to the tab Online, click players, click on my name and mute. :) Simple.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Most stations are very good and fit the environment very well.

Dave_TE
  • Dave_TE

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Although there are some tracks I enjoy, the radio as a whole sounds unpolished and rushed, as if it was done in the last few hours. Talk shows are FUBAR, having only 1 episode each...

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Metal is a must.

Metal is never a must and it's evident that even Rockstar thinks metal is absolute garbage and electronic music is Godly because they asked Tangerine Dream to do the soundtrack.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:27 AM Edited by Masher8559, 31 October 2013 - 09:27 AM.

One thing they always got right in the past in my opinion was the music, sadly there are only about 3-4 songs in GTA V that i actually like. I'm hoping we get more music for online. 

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I enjoyed it though i rarely listens to the radio, i prefer to listrn to the engine sounds and the atmosphere of the map

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

One thing they always got right in the past in my opinion was the music, sadly there are only about 3-4 songs in GTA V that i actually like. I'm hoping we get more music for online. 

Just like people were hoping for more interiors once Online was released?  :lol:

Still waiting for those interior unlocks in SP like people said

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

I'm pissed that the techno isn't really techno.  They could have gotten real underground heads in the rave DJ scene to do it better.

Other than that, I listen to Rebel Radio and Westcoast Classics all the time.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Some of the stuff is alright. Los Santos Rock Radio is great though it has too much soft and hard rock mixed together, and it doesn't sound right. Non Stop Pop is good except from that modern pop that I absolutely cannot stand (Rihanna, Britney Spears e.g), I mainly listen to it for the house tracks, early synthpop, and that one Hall & Oates track. Most of the post-2000 stuff I don't care for.

Then there's Soulwax FM, which I found to be a good non-stop mix of techno tracks, though a couple of songs I find really annoying. Overall, the radio is decent at best, but nothing memorable like Vice City or even San Andreas. Some songs don't seem to fit the atmosphere too well. GTA IV's soundtrack may have been above-average as well but at least enough songs were fitting for the Liberty City vibe.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I literally play with the radio turned off now. Too much electronic sh*t and pop, not enough hard rock and metal. Where the hell is Radio X? One of the best stations in GTA history.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

To be honest I didn't mind the radio. Los Santos Rock Radio has the best tracks from any station in the series, just too mixed when it comes to soft/hard rock. I also like Rebel Radio and Soulwax.
Some tracks on Channel X, Radio Mirror Park and Non Stop Pop are good.
The rest is just trash.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

The radio stations are horrible except for one classic hip-hop station. Rihanna, Britney Spears? are you f*cking serious, impossible to get any more mainstream and outdated at same time...plus one Rihanna song is prolly like 50 wages of their employees...The rock station is horrible, it has some good songs but theres just too much of a leap between themselves and in the end it doesn't fit. It's also beyond me how the game is set in LA yet there's no station with good glam metal / rock paying tribute to it... seriously not even a one Motley Crue song that really blows.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

The radio stations are pretty sh*t, but I do like West Coast Classics and Channel X, though.

niq
  • niq

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by niq, 31 October 2013 - 05:21 PM.

I think the radio stations are 'okay' this time. I primarily listen to Radio Los Santos, West Coast Classics, Los Santos Rock, The Lowdown 91.1, Non-Stop-Pop FM and Radio Mirror Park. For some reason, I can't get into East Los FM (imo, san juan sounds was better). I do like a song or two on the other radio stations, but the other stations in general feel like fillers.

I hope they add a R&B radio station and an equivalent to Electro-Choc with DLC in the future.

EDIT: KDST and Radio X were my favorites in San Andreas. I loved cruising to those tunes. Even the SF-UR station was cool.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Most terrible music ever put in a video game. You're about the 20th million person who noticed it. I keep it off it's so bad. No 80's hair bands or classic rock? No top 40 80's 90's like Bryan Adams or Huey Lewis & The News. Ivan Polvich is obviously out of touch with good music. He needs fired from R* and whoever else OK'd that crappy sh*t. You will, however, get flogged by fanboys here who think it's just the greatest ever!! not

• lolleroz likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

I will admit hair bands were huge in the 80s but that kind of scene sort of died out in the 90s and never came back. V is about modern day Cali and that scene is only alive in nostalgia anymore. It would have made as much as sense as having a disco station in IV since it was huge in NYC back in the 70s. In a game set in modern times it makes sense to have a good deal of modern music and rock just is not what it used to be.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by lolleroz, 31 October 2013 - 05:51 PM.

Most terrible music ever put in a video game. You're about the 20th million person who noticed it. I keep it off it's so bad. No 80's hair bands or classic rock? No top 40 80's 90's like Bryan Adams or Huey Lewis & The News. Ivan Polvich is obviously out of touch with good music. He needs fired from R* and whoever else OK'd that crappy sh*t. You will, however, get flogged by fanboys here who think it's just the greatest ever!! not

I totally agree. From what I heard the previous radio stations were composed by Lazlow, and he did his job well - GTA IV music wasn't really my style but it somehow fit the game and I managed to get into it, but TLAD was the best when it came to that - Saxon, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, all the good sh*t on the rock radio, you know, the rock radio was actually....a rock radio? Yeah that was cool.

@woggleman

The rock songs on V radio from 70s and all don't fit it either according to your logic my friend, I see no reason why they haven't added badass hair metal songs instead of making a f*cked up mix of soft and hard rock...which is totally out of place. 

• AtomicPunk likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

The only thing I will listen to is worldwide when Gilles Peterson is on. I know him from BBC Radio 1 and he does a pretty good session.
Non stop pop has a few good songs but it seems too short and before long, your listening to the same stuff again.
IMO, they should have made less stations with better music. I still have the special edition Vice City CD collection (also on mp3 for the car) lol

IIRC San Andreas and 3 had some good stations. I do remember not liking IV as much although I think V is worse than IV for music.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 31 October 2013 - 06:00 PM.

I will admit hair bands were huge in the 80s but that kind of scene sort of died out in the 90s and never came back. V is about modern day Cali and that scene is only alive in nostalgia anymore. It would have made as much as sense as having a disco station in IV since it was huge in NYC back in the 70s. In a game set in modern times it makes sense to have a good deal of modern music and rock just is not what it used to be.

Rock is still strong in LA today. It never died. It's just that the buisnessmen who own the radio towers make sure that their untalented family members are front and center...you know...like Nickleback. The same thing on TV. Over half of amerika is rural, but yet, you see none of those accents anywhere on the news medias or TV(and there are just as many educated/graduates in the same fields as yankees), other than a couple reality shows. Music for the last 15 years has been one big ? to most people. It makes no sense, really, But it's obvious what's been going on and who is holding the door open for each other.

Again, this game is set in Cali, but yet there is no Van Halen in V. VH is the biggest baddest most influential band ever to come from there. Ivan Polvich must be...well...I won't even say it.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Seriously, because except for a few good songs, it seems like Rockstar didn't put much effort into the radio stations. Even Chatterbox and Blaine County Radio get boring extremely fast. Is it just me or is this the worst bunch of radio stations in a GTA to date?

YES!!!

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

I've gotta say as a rock fan there probably couldve been more balls to that classic rock station, there is still some great stuff on there though. Its gotta be a challenge coming up with a good classic rock station for every single GTA Game - it has been done to death by now. 

Soulwax is a bit.. meh, and Rhythm of the Night has never been a good song and never will be. I'm focusing on the negatives here, the rap stations couldnt have been better, mirror park and fly lo will have good replay value and are full of hidden gems. Will be interesting to see if any future DLC brings additonals songs/ stations 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users