Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do the Radio Stations in GTA V Suck for Anybody Else?

82 replies to this topic
VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Seriously, because except for a few good songs, it seems like Rockstar didn't put much effort into the radio stations. Even Chatterbox and Blaine County Radio get boring extremely fast. Is it just me or is this the worst bunch of radio stations in a GTA to date?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Seriously, because except for a few good songs, it seems like Rockstar didn't put much effort into the radio stations. Even Chatterbox and Blaine County Radio get boring extremely fast. Is it just me or is this the worst bunch of radio stations in a GTA to date?

the radio stations are different but good.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

nope they are great to me

• Members
  • Canada

Let me guess... no metal? :sigh:

• IveGotNoValues and Jimmy Darmody like this

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

They don't necessarily suck, but as I suspected, they do become a tad grating and borderline redundant after a long session. This was chiefly the reason why I was hoping that some sort of custom soundtrack feature would be included (seeing as Rockstar San Diego included it in Red Dead Redemption), but alas, this isn't the case (at least, initially). I use my iPod sporadically to make up for this omission, but it's fairly inconvenient.

GTAman124
  • GTAman124

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

I love radio los santos and west coast classics, I could drive around LS all day listening to them. 

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm not into metal at all and I think the stations suck ass. Non Stop Pop is pretty cool but after a while the songs get old and the radio DJ's start to say the same phrases over and over in a short time period. 

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Nope, no jazz.

• BettyBlueGT and Jimmy Darmody like this

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

The problem with GTA radio is that they've never had a wide enough range. They've never had decent modern Metal in the game, and the Rock stations since SA have been well away from my tastes with only a few songs I actually like.

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

This is why Cock* should've added a Custom Radio Station.. There's like 10 songs per station & most of them are old + the DJ's are annyoing as hell.

• BettyBlueGT likes this

keeyon1
  • keeyon1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think they should ad more country music and maybe new country music maybe like xm radio or something and you maybe like every 4days money gets taken out for the radio

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

This is why Cock* should've added a Custom Radio Station.. There's like 10 songs per station & most of them are old + the DJ's are annyoing as hell.

your opinion

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I would have loved the ability to customize your own station, although I'm not sure just how much could fit in there since my collection is pretty massive. But if it were possible that would be awesome, and redundancy wouldn't be an issue. Yeah I do the iPod thing too but it would be nice to still hear the in-game sounds...

I will say some of the stations are growing on me though (really good stuff on Worldwide FM), despite the same things being played to death

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

your opinion

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by jamieleng, 03 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Another thing, which might only be my perception, is that the overall content & songs, hasn't increased with the size of the game. I mean, the radio is one of the top five main features & should repeat a lot less throughout the game. Sure, the news on the radio talks about things you have done during the story, but they don't stagger the content throughout the game.

If I were designing the radio station, I'd have a new song, talk show, radio play & callers, added throughout the game's SP campaign. This would keep it fresh & be like an added bonus for completing missions.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Lady, hear me tonight, cause my feeling, It's just so right

As we dance, by the moonlight, can't you see, you're my de-light....

Lady, I just feel like, I won't get you, out of my mind

I feel loved, for the first time

And I know that it's true, I can tell by the look in your eyes....

• BettyBlueGT likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

I think they should ad more country music and maybe new country music maybe like xm radio or something and you maybe like every 4days money gets taken out for the radio

i hope not, i like the old classic country music (they just need to add more songs on rebel radio).

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by BettyBlueGT, 03 October 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Downloaded that song after I heard it.. It's catchy... LOVE THE POP STATION!!!! Till you hear it for the 20th time

• ezfaun likes this

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

i hope not, i like the old classic country music (they just need to add more songs on rebel radio).

They need Jazz ( I'm thinking songs like in Fallout 3 or New Vegas) , more Punk Rock, Rock Rock ( Like AC/DC or something of the like) And in my opinion, a few comedy songs like from The Lonely Island or something. But that's just me.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

No how can a soundtrack that has classics like I Dont care anymore west end girls radio gaga Suck? los santos rock radio was great non stop pop had some classic tracks on there west coast classics had some good Tracks aswell its of course not as good as say Vice city or san andreas but it does not have the Advantage of being set in the 80s/90s.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Downloaded that song after I heard it.. It's catchy... LOVE THE POP STATION!!!! Till you hear it for the 20th time

I heard it 11 years ago when I just got my drivers license. :happy:

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

No how can a soundtrack that has classics like I Dont care anymore west end girls radio gaga Suck? los santos rock radio was great non stop pop had some classic tracks on there west coast classics had some good Tracks aswell its of course not as good as say Vice city or san andreas but it does not have the Advantage of being set in the 80s/90s.

I never said that any of those songs suck, they are just not in my taste (except Radio Gaga)

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

GTA radios are supposed to fit the game first. It has country station because of the hillbillies, hip hop because of the gangbangers, etc...

I do agree that the players taste should be considered a bit and therefore should also have metal (even tho i hate that) and such... 

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

And btw, the worse GTA radios were on IV. IV is my favorite GTA but only Golden by Jill Scott, Flashing Lights by Kanye West and Let's get lost by Chet Baker were the only good songs there for me...

Winston Smith
  • Winston Smith

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

I love driving around as a hardened criminal listening to non-stop pop.  That sh*t will never be un-funny...

Mawfawk
  • Mawfawk

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

I SWEAR TO GOD IF I HEAR THIS f*ckING MEXICAN / SPANISH CRAP SONG AGAIN I SUICIDE BOMB ROCKSTAR MAIN OFFICE

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nope, no jazz.

i think the radio stations are a joy, as always.

however, i'm also disappointed that there's no jazz station.

still, if you like jazz, vileclown, you should appreciate giles peterson's worldwide fm. everything that giles plays has it's roots in jazz. for that matter, space and lowdown do too.

to conclude, i would say they're good, but more variety would be welcomed. i'm hopeful that we'll see more music along with future dlc.
  • Jimmy Darmody likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

It's acceptable, but could be better.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Metal is a must.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Nope they're amazing to me. The only station I don't enjoy is Radio Los Santos (but I love West Coast Classics aka the old Radio Los Santos) but other than that it's the best bunch of radio stations yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users