Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does it really deserve to be called Grand Theft Auto 5?

121 replies to this topic
Ablackhat
  • Ablackhat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by Ablackhat, 07 October 2013 - 01:14 AM.

I'm only kidding with the PC/console comparisons guys :lol:

I stand by my OP though, by usual Rockstar logic, IV and V should be different universes too.

good luck trying to buy a PC for 500£ that sh*ts over next-gen consoles... maybe in 2-3 years ;)

Lol, you can do that quite easily at the moment, consoles no longer surpass most mid range PC's at launch anymore.

Ok than try to get a graphic card similiar to the one in a ps4, 8 gb ram, 8 core processor, a decent 500gb HDD (this ones are cheap I admit) and all the other stuff that you have to buy for a PC like the case for 500£...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1LHSl

That graphic card (GTX660) has 1.81 Teraflops but you'll need at least a 3.68 Teraflops graphic card to match the GPU in the PS4 which means you'll need a much better (and more expensive) graphic card than the GTX660... funny cause the TFLOP diffrence between the PS4 GPU and the GTX 660 is almost double therefore if you buy two GTX660 you are able to get the same power as the PS4 GPU

Oh and the ps4 will cost 349£ and not 500£ as I stated so it's more fair trying to build a PC with the same power as a PS4 for 349£ (which is basically impossible)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, let's toss out Windows in lieu of Linux and replace the gpu with a R280x, which is a rebrand of the Radeon HD 7970 ghz version that clocks in at 4.3 teraflops. By the way, good luck trying to upgrade your PS4 once it becomes obsolete to PC.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'm only kidding with the PC/console comparisons guys :lol:

I stand by my OP though, by usual Rockstar logic, IV and V should be different universes too.

good luck trying to buy a PC for 500£ that sh*ts over next-gen consoles... maybe in 2-3 years ;)

Lol, you can do that quite easily at the moment, consoles no longer surpass most mid range PC's at launch anymore.

Ok than try to get a graphic card similiar to the one in a ps4, 8 gb ram, 8 core processor, a decent 500gb HDD (this ones are cheap I admit) and all the other stuff that you have to buy for a PC like the case for 500£...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1LHSl

That graphic card (GTX660) has 1.81 Teraflops but you'll need at least a 3.68 Teraflops graphic card to match the GPU in the PS4 which means you'll need a much better (and more expensive) graphic card than the GTX660... funny cause the TFLOP diffrence between the PS4 GPU and the GTX 660 is almost double therefore if you buy two GTX660 you are able to get the same power as the PS4 GPU

Oh and the ps4 will cost 349£ and not 500£ as I stated so it's more fair trying to build a PC with the same power as a PS4 for 349£ (which is basically impossible)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, let's toss out Windows in lieu of Linux and replace the gpu with a R280x, which is a rebrand of the Radeon HD 7970 ghz version that clocks in at 4.3 teraflops. By the way, good luck trying to upgrade your PS4 once it becomes obsolete to PC.

Doesn't matter much since games released on consoles are optimized to be played at a good framerate (>30fps) and at the start of the next generation you'll easily see that PS4/Xone games won't differ much from PC version. Framerate problems or Aliasing issues in games won't appear until near end of the next gen which is probably 7-8 years from now but until then there's really no point in upgrading your console which is why I kinda turned from a PC gamer into a console gamer... you pay 300-400 bucks for a console and it endures you for more than 8 years while if you buy a PC for 700-1000 bucks it will only last 3-4 years until you have to upgrade it again to keep playing games on high settings (unless your ok on playing in medium settings) and this speaking from experience since I'm still a bit of a PC gamer myself, I build an insane gaming rig 4-5 years ago and I just love playing strategy games like warcraft III or starcraft II and First Person Shooters are better on a computer IMO but If I can spare some money buying a console instead of having to upgrade my rig constantly than why shoudn't I?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users