Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does it really deserve to be called Grand Theft Auto 5?

121 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

I truly must agree. I was saying this (in my head) even before the game was released. It deserves to just be considered a part of the IV generation, with the V generation being reserved for PS4/X1 title(s).

The graphics in GTA V are a lot better than they were in GTA IV.

So, i don't know what game you're playing, but it's a lot better than it's predecessors and has improved a lot.

[real life snip]

[gta v snip]

cool story bro

That isn't nearly decent. That's a terrible quality image of that scene. I won't argue that GTA V doesn't looks extremely realistic (but it does look a more so than IV), but that pic will really doesn't do V justice

ezjhi.jpg

grand_theft_auto_5_gta_v_01.jpg

Ok, seriously, do you really expect official game graphics to out class modders who spend most of their time not only making those graphic mods, but making them specifically to cater to PCS with more processing power than HAL 9000?

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

You pick a compressed trailer screensnap to make your point, drown yourself OP.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by W3BB13, 04 October 2013 - 11:48 PM.

(delete this)

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by Thebull94, 03 October 2013 - 11:58 PM.

I'm not sure who's worse:

-PC elitists

-Or CoD children...

GTA fanboys are worse than them both

We're "fanboys" because unlike spoiled little brats, we're actually able to appreciate things that can be achieved on such outdated hardware?

Ok then chief.....

1. Nobody directly called you a fanboy. Just the fact that your concious thought I was directing that remark to you (when infact I was just making a statement) proves that you most likely are one and your sub concious KNOWS you are one. Just a theory chief.

2. Appreciate what? The graphics are average seriously guys they are good but you are really overrating this game as a whole. People are actually tolerating the MP or so I hear. It is absolutely unacceptable considering this games budget, 5 years to create + a further 2 week delay for optimizing. Then Rockstar tell you Santa is real ("Sorry guys we didnt know many people would play online despite us making 1 billion profit in 3 days hurr durr") and you all start nibbling away at the bait.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

The PC guys are obviously just bitter and angry that our "peasant", 8 year old consoles are still capable of such achievements within the gaming industry.

My guess is they're simply frustrated that we are playing this great game, and they can't do anything about it other than..."omgz those graficz r sooo outdated herpy herpy derpy doo"....

Look, you PC guys are going to get your release for your precious graphics and mods and blah blah blah, and you'll then be able to constantly feel the need to remind us of your superiority every 5 minutes.

So until then, sit down, shut up, and relax.....

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

The PC guys are obviously just bitter and angry that our "peasant", 8 year old consoles are still capable of such achievements within the gaming industry.

My guess is they're simply frustrated that we are playing this great game, and they can't do anything about it other than..."omgz those graficz r sooo outdated herpy herpy derpy doo"....

Look, you PC guys are going to get your release for your precious graphics and mods and blah blah blah, and you'll then be able to constantly feel the need to remind us of your superiority every 5 minutes.

Last time I checked we are all 'pc' guys as we are on our PC's viewing this forum? Unless you are using a smart phone / tablet.....hipster.

robp77
  • robp77

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

GTA: Hypetrain

GTA: Disappointment

GTA: Online Only

GTA: It's just a Beta

GTA: f*ck DAN HOUSER IN HIS ASSHOLE

• Jimmy Darmody likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Last time I checked we are all 'pc' guys as we are on our PC's viewing this forum? Unless you are using a smart phone / tablet.....hipster.

Facepalm.jpg

Why do I keep falling into these trolls traps?.......

dead_suicide_fingers_hanging_finger_desk

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'd probably call the ones who use PCs "hipsters" as PCs have been around since the 80s and smartphones are a newer concept.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

bk2ysTC.jpg

GTA on the SuXBOX and PS3N3MA

But really, rockstar doesn't have consistent naming patterns. GTA V is GTA V because it's the fifth game in the series to get a number behind its title. You can call it GTA 15 if that floats your boat, but rockstar thought it deserved to be called GTA V.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Graphics aren't the only thing that makes a good game, you know. Hell, I'd go back to SA graphics gladly if it meant far better gameplay.

I wouldn't go as far as atari 2600 graphics, but graphics are fine as long as I know what I'm looking at.

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him,

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Does it honestly matter? We've known it was called Gta V since October 2011, and now after the game is released you question its name?

~LOGIC

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

You people are really looking way too much in to this.. Jeezus Christ, this is almost as bad as all these conspiracy theories..

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Facepalm.jpg

Why do I keep falling into these trolls traps?.......

dead_suicide_fingers_hanging_finger_desk

You fall into traps because you are a deluded insecure baboon.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

People who don't see the meaning of this thread...

The problem is not questioning the game for the sake of questioning the game. 

The problem is that Rockstar stated years ago that within each new generation the opening game is supposed to be revolutionary. So the leap from II to III was huge because it introduced 3D gaming, third person view, etc...

And the leap from III was also huge because of HD and physic and such...

The leap from IV to V wasn't as big as it was supposed to wich is preety much a very pertinent view and legit discuss. The leap from IV to V was like VC to SA, wich makes wonder if it shouldn't be called GTA IV: Los Santos or so... 

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him,

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Yes but why discuss it now after the release, when we had the name GTA V since October 2011?

The problem is that Rockstar stated years ago that within each new generation the opening game is supposed to be revolutionary. So the leap from II to III was huge because it introduced 3D gaming, third person view, etc...

The leap from IV to V wasn't as big as it was supposed to wich is preety much a very pertinent view and legit discuss. The leap from IV to V was like VC to SA, wich makes wonder if it shouldn't be called GTA IV: Los Santos or so... 

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Rockstar did 1 mistake with Grand Theft Auto V,... GTA: Online. Why not wait with GTA:Online for next gen.? + they could focus more on the singleplayer and make it even better as it is and add more stuff to singleplayer. The multiplayer should have stayed as it was in IV, until VI

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yes but why discuss it now after the release, when we had the name GTA V since October 2011?

because now that we all played the game we have more insight about it, i guess

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Take GTA and GTA II. Graphics doesen´t metter at all.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

yea GTA Los Santos wouldve been more suitable.

Rockstar(failstar) just wanted to hype the sh*t out of it and get more $$$ and call it something better.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

At that time R* didn't have that philosophy... i do remember that when they stated that III to IV and such was supposed to revolutionize they specificly said "Except for I to II, we revolutionize each GTA series...". Damn, i wish i could find that interview!

Monge305
  • Monge305

Grove St Mama SMD

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Lets compare a highly modded version of GTA IV on the PC to a second trailer screen capture of V. Wonderful job troll....

• Alchemist likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

At that time R* didn't have that philosophy... i do remember that when they stated that III to IV and such was supposed to revolutionize they specificly said "Except for I to II, we revolutionize each GTA series...". Damn, i wish i could find that interview!

"IGN: One of the first things that I noticed when the game was announced is that you chose to call it GTA IV. Was that to say that this is kind of the first true sequel where you guys are taking as big a leap as you did from GTA 2 which was top-down to GTA III, which of course was of course 3D and open world?

Dan Houser: Yes, definitely. Exactly that. We certainly did our best to make sure that Vice City and San Andreas felt fresh and exciting, but the problem was GTA III was already pushing the hardware so hard. The improvements tended to be in production values and scale... We wanted it to feel like the transition from 2D to 3D was seismic. We wanted a transition that felt as seismic, that felt as big this time."

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

V doesn't even feel like a GTA game & the characters are so lame.. San Andreas was the last legendary game of the series.

IV is boring as f*ck!

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

OP and TheBull94 rode the short bus to school.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

It should have been called "GTA: Bold New Direction, featuring fingerless gloves... SIKE!!!"

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

V doesn't even feel like a GTA game & the characters are so lame.. San Andreas was the last legendary game of the series.

IV is boring as f*ck!

SA fanboys. Got to love them.

I don't have any problem with it being called GTA V. GTA: Los Santos sounds so bland and generic.

mrhahn98
  • mrhahn98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

I play PC games the most and i think whoever's comparing the MODDED version of GTA4 to console version of GTAV is retarded. I'm pretty much sure that when GTAV got released on PC and if people can mod it like GTA4 then it will look miles better

And GTAV deserves its tittle because it's a huge leap in gameplay and many other aspect, even the graphic alone is amazing, i couldnt believe they can make the game so beautiful on old hardware, comparing V to 4 on the same console, V looks so much better

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 04 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

It is a gigantic leap forward, everything's been vastly improved and overhauled for the better. Also, I like to compare the leap from IV and to V like the original GTA to GTA2. That's a more fair comparison than III to IV. I mean IV wasn't on the same hardware as III now was it.

I really don't understand the hate for this game. I was a skeptic at first too, but when I got my hands on V and actually played the game. I fell in love with it. It sure as hell deserves to be called "GTA V" imo.

celtics345
  • celtics345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

The graphics in GTA V are a lot better than they were in GTA IV.

So, i don't know what game you're playing, but it's a lot better than it's predecessors and has improved a lot.

GTA-IV-mod.jpggrand-theft-auto-five-628.jpg

cool story bro

Holy f*ck that top picture looks like sh*t! hahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users