Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does it really deserve to be called Grand Theft Auto 5?

121 replies to this topic
cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

There are some seriously moronic people on the internet. Not that i'm surprised by that at all.

IF, any of you overindulged PC using fa**ots can show me an original, unmodded in-game screenshot of GTA IV and compare it to an original, unmodded screenshot of GTA V, i will gladly take praise for being correct in saying GTA V is a massive leap from GTA IV's graphics.

As per my previous post, everything else in the game is also a massive upgrade on everything that was in GTA IV, bar bike handling. Even the driving is an upgrade.

So shut up with your stupid suggestions and arguments because it's getting boring hearing all the empty and unjustified complaints.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Actually, look at it like this:

Rockstar previously said gta III, vice city, and San Andreas were part of gta, a trilogy story. I look at gta iv and I see three stories they told again; now we get to V and three stories are in it, so I have concluded that they like to work it groups of three instead of graphical leaps.

Yeah but gta 4 and 5 are part of the same era, tbh they shoudnt start new eras because when they do, old charecters cant return as guests so am glad there same era.

They are not part of the same era, they are part of the same universe.

GTA, GTA II & GTA London were part of the 2D universe, but not connected unless R* made a connection via easter egg.

GTA III, GTA Vice City & GTA San Andreas were part of the 3D universe, but not connected unless R* made a connection via easter egg.

GTA IV and it's 'Episodes' and GTA V are part of the HD universe, but not connected unless R* made a connection via easter egg.

They are not connected because they are not part of the same story and the story's do not intertwine in any way. It's 5 years since the stuff that happened in Liberty City. Niko could've flown back home, or could be living happily ever after with a family for all we know.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

It doesn't deserves to be called GTA V. I agree with that.

KingJay
  • KingJay

BTNHLegacy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think it's hilarious that dumb asses are comparing PC to console pics. smh. Also I never saw that big of a difference between PC and console when it came to GTA 4. I think people just love to say my sh*t is better than yours so they can feel better.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

What it is, KingJay, is the ladies that build gaming PCs need a reason to justify all the money they spend, and want to feel good about the amount of money they spent, so take screenshots of their photorealistic mods on game and show them to us to boast. While i'm sitting here with good enough FPS, on a £300 machine, playing the game for the gameplay and not the way it looks and feeling just as, if not more for the lack of money i spent, satisfied :D

• hywelkidd likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I do believe there is a significant graphical upgrade, however it is not to the point that I would say that alone makes it worthy of the name "GTA V". GTA IV was not just an upgrade in graphics, they started over from scratch in all aspects from the graphics to the gameplay so the name "GTA IV" truly does fit for it. GTA V is supposed to be GTA V because of the character swapping mechanic, which I personally do not think warrants the number increment, but then it's not my game series.

Honestly, I think it just gets hard to come up with "Grand Theft Auto: (something or other)" sure they could call it "Grand Theft Auto: Los Santos" but then the next time they come to Los Santos what will they call it? What would they call a Vice City interpretation in the HD universe? I think they kinda shot themselves in the foot with the naming thing and should have just said "we're calling it GTA IV because we want to." or something like that. 

ConnollyUK
  • ConnollyUK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by ConnollyUK, 03 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

What it is, KingJay, is the ladies that build gaming PCs need a reason to justify all the money they spend, and want to feel good about the amount of money they spent, so take screenshots of their photorealistic mods on game and show them to us to boast. While i'm sitting here with good enough FPS, on a £300 machine, playing the game for the gameplay and not the way it looks and feeling just as, if not more for the lack of money i spent, satisfied :D

'Good enough' FPS?  GTA5's FPS is ridiculous.  Even at 30fps it looks sluggish.  

PC Gaming gets a bad reputation for being too expensive.  It is more expensive initially, yes, and it really does depend on the components that you put into it.  You could quite easily build a £500 PC that would sh*t all over 360, PS3 and even next-gen consoles.   

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Since 2001, Rockstar reserved the numbered titles for massive leaps in quality, or jumps across generations.. So does it really deserve to be called GTAV?

The graphics for one, are no spectacular jump from GTAIV (PC at least) and the gameplay is basically unchanged, apart from a few things they brought back which were in San Andreas from 2004; even then it's missing a lot of things from that game.

Think about it:

According to this logic, you should be able to substitute GTA III for San Andreas.   -  apart from a few things they brought back which were in GTA III; even then it's missing a lot of things from that game.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 03 October 2013 - 10:07 PM.

'Good enough' FPS?  GTA5's FPS is ridiculous.  Even at 30fps it looks sluggish.  

PC Gaming gets a bad reputation for being too expensive.  It is more expensive initially, yes, and it really does depend on the components that you put into it.  You could quite easily build a £500 PC that would sh*t all over 360, PS3 and even next-gen consoles.   

you never played it, it's not as bad as it looks... besides I'm suprised that you (cjspeed) bought the console for 300£, probably bought it when it was released, I'm playing this on a 150€ machine and it plays pretty fine :)

and btw good luck trying to buy a PC for 500£ that sh*ts over next-gen consoles... maybe in 2-3 years ;)

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Who f*cking cares about the name of the game? It could've been called "Pow pow boom weeooo weeooo" it would've been great anyway. Who are people searching for the smallest bit of problem in this game?

BoringPedsDumbCops
  • BoringPedsDumbCops

Mark Chump

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm only kidding with the PC/console comparisons guys :lol:

I stand by my OP though, by usual Rockstar logic, IV and V should be different universes too.

good luck trying to buy a PC for 500£ that sh*ts over next-gen consoles... maybe in 2-3 years ;)

Lol, you can do that quite easily at the moment, consoles no longer surpass most mid range PC's at launch anymore.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

"GTA: Los Santos" would be better. I mean, it doesn't really add much on from V aside from minigames and more protagonists.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

The graphics to me are pretty damn sweet IMO. Of course it looks like ps2 to you PC people. Its weird, when I go to blaine county the graphics look really really good sh*ts on point. But in LS they seem not as good to me haha. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm only kidding with the PC/console comparisons guys :lol:

I stand by my OP though, by usual Rockstar logic, IV and V should be different universes too.

good luck trying to buy a PC for 500£ that sh*ts over next-gen consoles... maybe in 2-3 years ;)

Lol, you can do that quite easily at the moment, consoles no longer surpass most mid range PC's at launch anymore.

Ok than try to get a graphic card similiar to the one in a ps4, 8 gb ram, 8 core processor, a decent 500gb HDD (this ones are cheap I admit) and all the other stuff that you have to buy for a PC like the case for 500£...

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

It honestly should've been called GTA: Los Santos & Blaine County

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

GTA V is so much more bold than "GTA: Los Santos"

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

the congressional medal of sh*tposting

• Zaibatsu
  • NATO
  • Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by Antagonista, 03 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Did this guy seriously, come into the V section, to tell us that GTA V cannot compare to GTA IV, and then he compares iCEnhancer (which is a PC mod) screens with console screens.

So legit mate.

• HoleInTheSky and Scaglietti like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

"gameplay hasn't changed"

Yeah, I know, the multi-character switching system was great in IV......oh wait.....

I don't know why I bother replying to these troll threads anymore.....

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

As someone else mentioned, GTA and GTAII were nearly identical with very few changes. 

GTA3 had Vice City and San Andreas in its trilogy, and GTAIV had TBoGT and TL&D in its trilogy.

GTAV is its own game in the HD universe.

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

That's a mod pic you are using you f*cking pc geek

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

The graphics in GTA V are a lot better than they were in GTA IV.

So, i don't know what game you're playing, but it's a lot better than it's predecessors and has improved a lot.

GTA-IV-mod.jpggrand-theft-auto-five-628.jpg

cool story bro

You are really comparing ENB modded GTA IV for pc?

• Khaos89 likes this

saintmarks
  • saintmarks

Northern Gael

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

made a near identical thread about 4 or 5 months back and got flamed to sh*t for it

my suggestions were GTA:South cali or GTA:SoCal (at the time we were told the map was based around the southern California region).they didn't go down too well.

I too felt that the change in number suggested a giant leap in technological terms.the difference between gta 3 and gta 4 was immence.not so much from gta 4 to gta 5,but I think the fact of the 3 protags does make gta 5 stand alone in the gaming world

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Are we really bitching about the title now? Everyone should have known going in that this wasn't going to be leaps and bounds ahead of IV, mainly because it's restricted to this ancient console hardware.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by Khaos89, 03 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

GTA V pisses all over GTA IV. Also the guy who posted the comparison of the ENB and texture pack modded GTA 4 is an idiot.

_apache
  • _apache

The Perfect Shot

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Stop reading in to it so much. It's just a game, and a mighty fine one at that.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

I truly must agree. I was saying this (in my head) even before the game was released. It deserves to just be considered a part of the IV generation, with the V generation being reserved for PS4/X1 title(s).

The graphics in GTA V are a lot better than they were in GTA IV.

So, i don't know what game you're playing, but it's a lot better than it's predecessors and has improved a lot.

[real life snip]

[gta v snip]

cool story bro

That isn't nearly decent. That's a terrible quality image of that scene. I won't argue that GTA V doesn't looks extremely realistic (but it does look a more so than IV), but that pic will really doesn't do V justice

ezjhi.jpg

grand_theft_auto_5_gta_v_01.jpg

Dat photo realism, son.

Yea if the world had a low resolution and 2d grass.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm not sure who's worse:

-PC elitists

-Or CoD children...

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

-PC elitists

-Or CoD children...

GTA fanboys are worse than them both

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

-PC elitists

-Or CoD children...

GTA fanboys are worse than them both

We're "fanboys" because unlike spoiled little brats, we're actually able to appreciate things that can be achieved on such outdated hardware?

Ok then chief.....

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Gta:can't log online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users