Photo

GTA 6 Location. Where should it be?

45 replies to this topic
jather4
  • jather4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think it'd be pretty sweet if the next GTA location was based around San Francisco/Oakland combo since the game will be next gen. San Francisco's culture/colorful community and Oakland's gang violence seperated by the bay and bridges

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

How about Carcer City?

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Here are my options:

1.Big Vice City with (or without) countryside. [ Around 15 sq miles + 25 sq miles if it has countryside = 40 sq miles ]

2.Big Vice City with another two major cities. [ Around 30 sq miles ]

3.San Fierro & Las Venturas with countryside (Desert, mountains and forests) [ Around 50 sq miles ]

4.Only San Fierro [ Around 15 sq miles ]

5.Only Las Venturas [ Around 15 sq miles ] 

They may be more, or changed but this is it for now.

BestInTheWorld
  • BestInTheWorld

God

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

New Mexico or reimagined Vice City

Agent Dave Norton
  • Agent Dave Norton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

London, with English countryside.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

I think it'd be pretty sweet if the next GTA location was based around San Francisco/Oakland combo since the game will be next gen. San Francisco's culture/colorful community and Oakland's gang violence seperated by the bay and bridges

Have this idea, and set it in the mid 70's (which seems most appropriate for a northern California setting) and I'm set.
  • Luddite likes this

RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

I think, and this is only my opinion, that we need to revisit Vice City once more. Whether that be in a DLC for GTA V, or in GTA VI or something like that, I think we need to revisit it at least once more to end off the trilogy. We had Liberty City, we had San Andreas (or some of it), now let's have Vice City.

And then we can have a completely different location. Whatever Rockstar (and/or the fans) want to happen.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

vice city or las venturas

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Vice City with an immense Everglades & Countryside area along with 3 other cities. Modern times, there must be something to base the story, maybe terrorism? Nah, that was GTA IV's base.

TickleMeElbow
  • TickleMeElbow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:52 AM Edited by TickleMeElbow, 05 October 2013 - 05:53 AM.

Hawaii, or a set of fictional islands based on Hawaii. 

Remember, Rockstar always builds upon technology used in previous games.  In V they have a vast ocean with realistic waves/currents, with a fully realized underwater environment that feels underutilized outside of a couple non-story missions.  Perfect for Hawaii. 

With next gen hardware, it's totally possible to create four main islands all with their own cities and villages, which you can boat/fly to.  Then there's the added element of rain forests.  Rockstar so far has included forests, mountains,  deserts, and plains in the GTA series, however they have yet to explore rainforests. Imagine zipping down muddy roads in a jeep during a typhoon.  Also, Hawaii has active volcanoes. VOLCANOES.

When it comes to crime, yes Hawaii has a relatively low crime rate when compared to other states, however they do have people/drug smuggling, triads, yakuza, polynesian islander/philipino/korean/surfer gangs, and wealthy whitecollar highrollers.  They also have a heavy meth problem.  Also, I would love to see Rockstar rip on Dog the Bounty Hunter lol.     

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

There are four big contenders, in my opinion:

1. Vice City with a bunch of countryside, including Everglades and Florida Keys.

2. Las Venturas with a surrounding desert, but mainly focused on the city itself.

3. San Fierro and some North Cali/Oregon-countryside, big forests and so on.

4. US/Mexican border, with a two major cities on either side (El Paso/Juarez) and a lot of surrounding desert terrain. Similar to 'No Country for Old Men'.

AHelmi88
  • AHelmi88

Playing GTA IV

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Not America, I prefer London, Paris or something like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Aren't there enough threads about this?

OriginalEaz
  • OriginalEaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Several real world cities from around the world. A few American, a few European and oceans connecting them inbetween

• James Lancillotto likes this

BestInTheWorld
  • BestInTheWorld

God

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Really? I'm the only one who wants to see a GTA based on New Mexico?

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I doubt it will leave the US as R* seems rather adamant about abandoning their satire of American culture.

Some place new, I don't want Vice City or Liberty City. Detroit would be perfect with it's ridiculously high crime rate. I would go with Baltimore though, it has a lot of unique architecture, tall buildings, marinas, ports and piers, museums and parks.

02baltimore944x450.jpg

patterson-park.jpg]

mall01.jpg

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

GTA 6 is really between Miami and Chicago. Miami because of "tradition", but if they do something new it will be Chicago because of Chicago being the current murder capital of America, multi ethnic gangs, Illinois' political corruption, the current president being from there, etc. The storyline is already written, easy work for Rockstar. I'd prefer Chicago in GTA 6 and Texas in GTA 7. If GTA is in a new place, they would probably use Chicago because Rockstar has use elements of Chicago before such as the abandoned elevated train in Midtown Algonquin and some of the gang graffiti in San Andreas was Chicago style. Miami would only get it because of "tradition". Chicago is bigger than Miami has more crime/murders, has more gangs, etc. And Texas also has cities much larger than Florida, more prison gangs than Florida, and close to Mexico. So outside of Miami being tradition, there really is no logical reason that big places like Chicago and Texas get skipped over for Miami. Detroit and Baltimore are mid sized cities, the next GTA 6 needs to either be in a big ass city like Chicago or a big ass state like Texas. No midsized cities unless its a multi-city map.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Detroit
But before that, they should do San Fierro + Whetstone & Las Venturas + Area 69.
There are many more USA cities waiting for R*, Especially Capital C.T. ( Washington D.C. ) and Windy ( Chicago ).

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Detroit
But before that, they should do San Fierro + Whetstone & Las Venturas + Area 69.
There are many more USA cities waiting for R*, Especially Capital C.T. ( Washington D.C. ) and Windy ( Chicago ).

There's already San Andreas for that.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

North Yankton or Carcer City, i like the gritty GTAs.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

I'm the cosmic gypsy, tipsy from plutonium whisky.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'd like to see a game set in the Midwest, it could combine North Yankton from GTA V, Chicago, Detroit and maybe a little bit of Canada. This could give us snow and woodland, things not really seen in GTA. 

Or, a game set along the Texas-Mexico border, centering around the cartel violence in the area. 

A New Orleans set game during the 1970s would be great, taking cues from Blaxploitation films.

sylviastephanies
  • sylviastephanies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

1.Las Venturas

2.San Fierro

3.Vice City (hell yeah,Miami!)

4.North Yankton

I don't wanna spoil but,I was thinking about GTA VI taken somewhere in Asia.Like Tokyo,Jakarta,or Shanghai..maybe that will be interesting.

RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

Really? I'm the only one who wants to see a GTA based on New Mexico?

You do have Walter White in your avy  :lol:

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

GTA is indeed a satire on american culture, so it needs to be a city in the US. Both Vice City and Las Venturas would work. But at the same time, I think it's time for something new.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

1. San Francisco Bay Area - Actually, I have a feeling they might make a DLC based on the Bay Area. A lot of crime goes on there, perfect for a GTA game if you ask me.

2. Chicago - 3rd largest city in the US I think. A lot of history. Makes a lot of sense.

3. Maybe a Chicago-Detroit-Cleveland based game, but that would be asking too much.

4. Washington DC and Baltimore?

5. Vice City?

6. Mexico City? Seriously, that's a huge city and there's a lot they could make a GTA game based on.

It'll be interesting to see where they put the next GTA game, especially since they'll be working with next-gen.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

Vice City, New Orleans, and Atlanta, with the Keys and Everglades in the south, farmland in the middle, and mountains to the north.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

What I Want:
GTA 6: Vice City with the Everglades.

GTA 7: Las Venturas with Sierra Mountains, Mojave Desert, and Lake Tahoe parodies and some small outlying towns and maybe additional cities.

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Billings, MT

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

It'd be kinda funny if they set it in Mianus. :p

XandStorm
  • XandStorm

Carcer City's very own

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Maybe a Chicago-Detroit-Cleveland based game, but that would be asking too much.

There's already Carcer City for that. Carcer City originally took inspiration from these cities, remember?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users