Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar over ambitious with GTA Online?

22 replies to this topic
dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Overall on paper GTA online seems great on paper, a persistant(MMO) world. But with it being on current Gen consoles I just dont think we will be able to see its true potential. The game runs decent for singleplayer but when you get online things get bad. Some of the issues are server side but there are many other problems. (Pop-in, constant loading)

I feel GTA online would be much better if it were released on PC and possibly next Gen and with some actual good dedicated severs. Maybe ill be proved wrong in the coming month but I feel current gen consoles are not up to the task in terms of power to make gta online Amazing

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 03 October 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Only issues I got so far while playing was the constant loading... I want to do a damn mission and I can't because it keeps on loading indefinitely... but anyway this stuff is fixable so It's a bit soon to tell if GTA:O is as good as they said or not...besides the servers are pretty messes up for now :/

R1C3W1N3
  • R1C3W1N3

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I can't speak for public lobbies (I have been avoiding them) just been playing solo or in a small party, just checking the jobs and races out.

It will be good, but limited with the hardware, it has LOTS of potential though... 2 hours of GTA:O and I'm already hooked, so much more to see and do too!
With PC and next gen they can really raise the bar, and their aim is to recreate "the world"

Also, we're 3 days in (1st day it's working though lol) and it's really good... imagine what it'll be like in a years time (hopefully on PC/next gen)

What it'll be like for the next GTA (or Rockstar game?)  

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Definitely over ambitious for a GTA. Its an absolute disaster, and im not just talking about the failings of it... the way its laid out is awful, horrible lobbies and etc. Rdr multiplayer interface was perfection, why they do this horrible thing to GTA? The pursuitof more and mmore money. I feel like no love has gone into it all, and surely thats not right
  • JustOneMonth likes this

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Definitely over ambitious for a GTA. Its an absolute disaster, and im not just talking about the failings of it... the way its laid out is awful, horrible lobbies and etc. Rdr multiplayer interface was perfection, why they do this horrible thing to GTA? The pursuitof more and mmore money. I feel like no love has gone into it all, and surely thats not right

Like I said, it would most likely be much better on a PC or next gen where things are quicker. Feels like the 360 and ps3 are just limiting its potential. Be nice to have 32 players instead of 16.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by ceIozzip, 03 October 2013 - 08:25 PM.

this sounds crazy but i would've made gta:o a seperate game running an improved gta 3 engine and the original lc, vc and sa maps with better shooting/driving mechanics and tons of new features built like an mmo with hundreds per server. nobody would care about the retro graphics just look at minecraft. all that would matter is the gameplay and tons of content could be added quickly and cheaply because it wouldn't be hd.
  • theomenofficial likes this

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Rockstar was overconfident in their approach.

• Vorpax likes this

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

YES a bit, for example the reason there are no animals online,a nd the traffic is 50% cause otherwise the netcode whould have to handle the synching of all those asstes constantly, even pc games have a lot of porblems with that, and considering all those assets have ai and % triggers, the only solution whould be dedicated servers, in this case about 1 million of them LOL.

To pull this off on consoles is a massive task, fps games barely use the net, and defo dont have AI involved, especialy not over a massive landcape like this.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

ps4 where its gunna be at.

• Vormek likes this

KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Rolling Otter, 03 October 2013 - 08:58 PM.

I'll agree that GTA O was a pretty grand project and yes it was/is ambitious... But to go so far to say that "no love has gone into it", You sir are a moron!

As a graphic designer by trade, this game makes my head absolutely swim with the amount of logistics involved for them to create a world on this scale. The bespoke feel of every area down to the tiny textures and details (like gum under the table or stains on NPC car windows) is a mind blowing achievement!

Yes i'll concede that the game would be better on the next-gen console, but for what it is now, I think it's amazing! Sure the online experience needs fine tuning (to say the least), but like all good online games, it just requires a little and patients for them to get up to speed!

• theomenofficial likes this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

I prefer an ambitious developer, even if they fail miserably.  It's nice to see a big studio shoot for the stars for a change, as opposed to the CoD studios that keep playing it safe.

• TabooV2 likes this

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

I played online for 8 hours and I didn't notice any pop-ins or long loading times.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

It's gonna take at least 2-3 more days till it runs PERFECTLY. It's only just started to just about run. I played online fine today. EPIC.

RichBlackGuy
  • RichBlackGuy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

yea i hope they fix the missions, cause i que for mission end up in death match or race...i just want missions

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Rockstar has never done online gaming that well... So for them to take on this project.... FAIL

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

The idea of the cloud and progressive world has NEXT GEN consoles written all over it, but they couldn't left current gen consoles out, they need o have something worthy to make people buy a new console and the game again other then just better graphics and performance.This is why their strategy is a masterpiece plan.

• Albert Kike likes this

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by dewan2000, 03 October 2013 - 11:24 PM.

The idea of the cloud and progressive world has NEXT GEN consoles written all over it, but they couldn't left current gen consoles out, they need o have something worthy to make people buy a new console and the game again other then just better graphics and performance.This is why their strategy is a masterpiece plan.

Im honestly not impressed at all with the cloud? So GTA Online is running off the cloud? It seems to be very slow and full of issues.  If the majority of online games for console will be using this "Cloud" Crap, then its most likely going to be a pass for me. Atleast in terms of online gaming.   Whats soo bad about having actual Dedicated servers?

I'll agree that GTA O was a pretty grand project and yes it was/is ambitious... But to go so far to say that "no love has gone into it", You sir are a moron!

I wasnt trying to imply "no love has gone into it". All im trying to say is it feels like this is something that would of been best saved for next gen...or if you are going for something soo huge and new to the GTA series, have some Dedicated Servers atleast instead of going with this "Cloud Gaming".  I havnt played games online on console for a while, I forgot how messy it can be at times.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by Thebull94, 03 October 2013 - 11:33 PM.

The online is dysfunctional. Anyone who disagrees just tolerate bull sh*t like your character not saving, load times longer than the initial install of the game, frequent freezes and disconnects and..... and..... no shoulder switch (while aiming a weapon).. Also the cops are 10x more psychic.

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I think they're over ambitious. All the next gen games coming out brag about all the features gta online is trying to do like cloud servers being persistent all that so it's like rockstar trying to lead the charge too early . But gta online still fun af

Die2moshgta
  • Die2moshgta

whaaaaaaaaa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

this sounds crazy but i would've made gta:o a seperate game running an improved gta 3 engine and the original lc, vc and sa maps with better shooting/driving mechanics and tons of new features built like an mmo with hundreds per server. nobody would care about the retro graphics just look at minecraft. all that would matter is the gameplay and tons of content could be added quickly and cheaply because it wouldn't be hd.

It be nice if they come out with gtao just as a downloadable game for a small price on next gen. I think this would benefit people more

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

I think that is a fantastic idea.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

I think they're over ambitious. All the next gen games coming out brag about all the features gta online is trying to do like cloud servers being persistent all that so it's like rockstar trying to lead the charge too early . But gta online still fun af

And to me, this whole Cloud server stuff is just looking like crap.  Think ill stick to my initial plan and wait for the PC version to come out and play online on that...instead of wasting money on xbox live.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Yes they were ambitious but that's what made it great. There are some pop ins and frame rate drops here and there but those certainly don't detract from the actual gaming experience. I found it to be very VERY fun. It was the most fun I'd had in years of any multiplayer tbh. 

• KING2dor likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users