Photo

Invite spam?

27 replies to this topic
Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

After being in a deathmatch I seem to keep getting invite spams to deathmatches or missions on the game phone. every 2 minutes, i dont know how it stops? Anyone please?

Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Anyone? I don't know any of the people sending all the invites, can you not turn it off somehow?

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's an automatic Invite, when we need more players in a job it seems to invite all my friends

Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

It's an automatic Invite, when we need more players in a job it seems to invite all my friends

It only started happening when i went into a deathmatch with randomers, and i dont know the people sending the invites, its like 3 at a time every minute and its distracting

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Go solo session

Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Go solo session

I was in a closed friend session & my friend wasn't getting these constant invites.

LeoTarred
  • LeoTarred

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Turn notifications off in phone settings.

Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

But I thought if I did that, I wouldn't get any of the texts/notifications from the mission givers? 

Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

also only thing i see on settings on phone is 'ringtone'

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Go solo session

funny-gifs-work-it-girl.gif

Go solo session

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

most missions require other people to complete, they let you auto invite people from last session, no one ever joins when i host and the most in a room ever that ive joined was like 4 people.  16 seem to be running round free roam though, not sure if people are just too dumb to accept the invites and progress the missions and make more money or if its network issues.  the game was designed to be played coop, Guess you just need to have a crew and play with your own crew maybe, cause randoms never seem to join mission sessions, lol!

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Go solo session

funny-gifs-work-it-girl.gif

Go solo session

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

• Terrato137 likes this

Gtathugz
  • Gtathugz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

But when you're getting randomers inviting you every minute 3 at a time, the annoying alart sound and the constant deleting invites, starts grating on you, like i said this didnt happen till i played a deathmatch.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

But when you're getting randomers inviting you every minute 3 at a time, the annoying alart sound and the constant deleting invites, starts grating on you, like i said this didnt happen till i played a deathmatch.

yea fair enough. I dont get them very often at all, but i only played like 6 hours and not more than 4 ever joined a session, think there was network issues or something.  I dont waste my time deleting them, who cares, let them pile up. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

lol dat gif is hella funny haha

bork750
  • bork750

Tactical Anarchy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I am also getting this same problem! Job invites spamming my phone in every online game I play. It plays the little high pitched notification sound almost every 10 seconds. It has made the online portion of the game un-playable for me because it is so damn annoying. I have tried turning off all the phone functions from the menu with no luck. Tried solo sessions, closed sessions, friend sessions and still I get Job invites from random people who are not on my friends list. I also tried using the "appear offline" feature that xbox live has, and it still plays that freaking noise every 10 seconds. Please Rockstar fix this! None of my friends seem to have the same problem which I find odd.

KingFudd
  • KingFudd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Is there a fix for this?  I turn off phone notifications, but I still hear the sound.  It is very annoying.

armed
  • armed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by armed, 27 January 2014 - 11:46 PM.

bork750, on 06 OCT 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

I am also getting this same problem! Job invites spamming my phone in every online game I play. It plays the little high pitched notification sound almost every 10 seconds. It has made the online portion of the game un-playable for me because it is so damn annoying. I have tried turning off all the phone functions from the menu with no luck. Tried solo sessions, closed sessions, friend sessions and still I get Job invites from random people who are not on my friends list. I also tried using the "appear offline" feature that xbox live has, and it still plays that freaking noise every 10 seconds. Please Rockstar fix this! None of my friends seem to have the same problem which I find odd.

This is the only place I've seen this been talked about. I'm having the same issue that some of you are having: GTA online  phone is constantly beeping (receiving invites) at all times during a session. Anyone have a fix?

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

You can turn off notices. As long as there is auto invite, last job, session, and skill match invites you will continue to get invites from randoms. I spam the hell out of them all. Lets play muthaf*ckas
  • paulmgrath likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by saintsrow, 28 January 2014 - 12:45 AM.

The issue is why you are getting so many invites.  That does seem exceptional. 

I don't get a spam-level amount of invites, but I often get re-invites from the last job, apparently because nobody joined the host's job (basically nobody joins anybody's jobs), and he is hoping I will be a sucker one more time.  :)

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

N-n-n-necro!

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

Go solo session

Ah...the apparent universal solution to every gripe anyone has about the game...

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

Necropolis

bork750
  • bork750

Tactical Anarchy

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

Even after all the updates, and trying everything suggested here, I am still getting the job invite spam. I've turned off notifications, deleted and re-made characters, joined and left crews and I still get about 10+ invites every 30 seconds or so. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal if there was a way to put the phone on silent or something, because the high pitched notification sound tends to get really annoying and eventually make the online portion of the game unplayable for me. I hoped after the past updates it would have gotten fixed, or added a feature to put the phone on silent but after seeing this thread start to pick up again with people who have the same problems, I am doubtful Rockstar even knows, or cares about this issue.

KingFudd
  • KingFudd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

I still have this problem occassionally.  I created a ticket so hopefully rockstar can address this issue.

bork750
  • bork750

Tactical Anarchy

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by bork750, 26 February 2014 - 06:28 AM.

This is STILL happening to me!

Video of my Job Invite Spam -

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

I watched your video and looked at what people are inviting you to, every job out there, sucks man. Here are some helpful tips.

1. Always start game invite only. No public lobby means 15 less people with your name on their list.

2. Under your job settings keep them closed. You can still invite crew,friends, match skill, and even random by clicking proper button. I can't stress this enough. Boggles the mind when I join a mission and idiots start saying who the hell is this guy. Close Your Damn Invites!

3. Always back out of the voting screen by quit. Not free roam. 90% of the time you will be put back in invite only.

4. Remember people you did a job with now have your name in their list to invite. After jobs that had a lot of people in it quit the game outright and reload. Full quit not just back to single player. I would do that once an hour.

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

i had this happen a couple of times before, always seemed to stop after restarting my console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users